It's time to give DH small buffs

mrauls.6519

Longbow 2 - allow movement OR increase damage by 15%F1 - make it give 2 seconds of quickness for each enemy hitF2 - make it an evadeF3 - make it 5 seconds againBulkwark - make it so that the guardian is covered with a shield that blocks attacks from all directions + makes F3 have two charges

Just some ideas to get the ball rolling.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"mrauls.6519" said:Longbow 2 - allow movement OR increase damage by 15%F1 - make it give 2 seconds of quickness for each enemy hitF2 - make it an evadeF3 - make it 5 seconds againBulkwark - make it so that the guardian is covered with a shield that blocks attacks from all directions + makes F3 have two charges

hmm i dont know, i do like my DH, but having Bulkwark giving F3 two charges i guess would make it a little OP...you would have 20 secs 360º block(using the elite)...just cause everything else is broken OP right now, dont think is a good idea to make DH that way to...but evade on F2 would be nice, lost the number of times that got my healing interrupted thanks to some random CC....either give evade frames or make the self healing and condi cleanse when you cast it.

@will de grijze jager.6594 said:DH is in a good place i main guardian. But everything is to over tuned on other classes.

This. Fact is DH on support can be good, but is less efficient than FB. DH as damage is/was good in solo queue mostly because people ran in traps without noticing, but now you got Scourge which is arguably 3 times more annoying and more rewarding at doing the same job.

The last thing we need is buffs for a class that is as easy to learn as necro , the community went through 3-4 seasons in pvp dominated by 3-4 dh per team and the community doesn't want to see that coming back anytime soon. DH is another low risk=high reward style build typical of GW2 and that require even less investment than a scourge to become " decent" at it, made a thread suggesting for buffs in general but dh or guardian were never really on my radar

They will have to make a good split between pvp and wvw then...

In pvp dh is kinda decent, but nothing special to play and too powercreeped.

In wvw solo roaming/small scale it's in a pretty good spot. If you make that changes like evade on f2, block longer in f3, it will become an unstoppable killing machine in wvw roaming scenario... probably even better than the state it was before.

But yeah i wouldn't mind see some nice rework of the spec.

@"mrauls.6519" said:Longbow 2 - allow movement OR increase damage by 15%F1 - make it give 2 seconds of quickness for each enemy hitF2 - make it an evadeF3 - make it 5 seconds againBulkwark - make it so that the guardian is covered with a shield that blocks attacks from all directions + makes F3 have two charges

I main DH in all gamemodes since HoT launch - GS DPS in PvE, LB meditrapper in rPvP, same for WvW roaming. I can assure you that DH is exactly where it's supposed to be. You just need to learn how to play it right, if you think it needs to be buffed.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:The last thing we need is buffs for a class that is as easy to learn as necro , the community went through 3-4 seasons in pvp dominated by 3-4 dh per team and the community doesn't want to see that coming back anytime soon. DH is another low risk=high reward style build typical of GW2 and that require even less investment than a scourge to become " decent" at it, made a thread suggesting for buffs in general but dh or guardian were never really on my radar

DH becomes predominant those seasons not for the strenght of the class, becomes predominan because DH stacks so well, shared blocks(=permablock), permanent trap uptime to cover point etc etc, the main "nerf" to DH was the class limit staking,

Personally I think that DH was designed badly from start (all utilities are traps) in case pvp performance...it worked only because of aoe spam and easy mechanics...sorry we have already enough of those in PoF.

If it had to be buffed I can only accept it if DH counters where also buffed: druid and tempest.

I agree entirely, I think ANet needs to listen to these wise forum goers who are not completely biased and the epitome of objective reasoning, doubly so if you create a website offering advise, ex ESL player or a streamer.

They should keep buffing underused classes and utilities in order to bring them up to other classes levels, the game will be much better when we are launching rockets as auto attacks, nukes on 2-6s cool downs and if needed just keep increasing player health. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the current direction of the game.

@apharma.3741 said:I agree entirely, I think ANet needs to listen to these wise forum goers who are not completely biased and the epitome of objective reasoning, doubly so if you create a website offering advise, ex ESL player or a streamer.

They should keep buffing underused classes and utilities in order to bring them up to other classes levels, the game will be much better when we are launching rockets as auto attacks, nukes on 2-6s cool downs and if needed just keep increasing player health. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the current direction of the game.

All I want are DH buffs. Not crazy OP changes. I listed suggestions. I just want positive DH changes. They're not going to massively nerf other classes...

@"Arheundel.6451" said:The last thing we need is buffs for a class that is as easy to learn as necro , the community went through 3-4 seasons in pvp dominated by 3-4 dh per team and the community doesn't want to see that coming back anytime soon. DH is another low risk=high reward style build typical of GW2 and that require even less investment than a scourge to become " decent" at it, made a thread suggesting for buffs in general but dh or guardian were never really on my radar

Simplicity of the class should have nothing to do with its balance, otherwise warrior would constantly be the weakest class in pvp followed by necro. And if we want to talk risk and reward, druid, spellbreaker and condi mirage are all far lower risk than DH all while offering similar or better reward.

@"mrauls.6519" said:Longbow 2 - allow movement OR increase damage by 15%F1 - make it give 2 seconds of quickness for each enemy hitYesF2 - make it an evadeNo. Make it faster IF you have soaring devastation, so people can still interrupt.F3 - make it 5 seconds againNo. lmaoBulkwark - make it so that the guardian is covered with a shield that blocks attacks from all directions + makes F3 have two chargesEven worse. Defensive tools like full counter and SoC should be a frontal block, so they can't just pop it and run away.

@"mrauls.6519" said:F3 - make it 5 seconds againBulkwark - make it so that the guardian is covered with a shield that blocks attacks from all directions + makes F3 have two chargesHmmmmm@"mrauls.6519" also sed:All I want are DH buffs. Not crazy OP changes.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Archived