New KP system in raids

Angina.2356

So now im more salty then ever about how did ANET and people set up our kill prof system.I made a squad today Dhuum 30+kp and we kill'd him ez!! The thing is that was my 12th kill on that boss and yet again i got only one Dhuum Token that means i have 12 kill's on Dhuum and 12 KP (YES MY RNG SUCKS THAT MUCH). Now even if i want to do CM or just get on some 30+KP group i can't becouse ppl will still think im some noob that just wants to leech on for some kill.So i would like all of you and @ArenaNet devs to support the idea of making new kill count system for example: Commanders have permission to do /bk (boss kill) and player name to see how much kill's dose a player have on some boss.. Personally i think thats the best way for us with bad RNG and the rest of community to enjoy raids and other content of the game.Also in that command include off weekly kill's becouse someone cold have only 1 KP kill and 20 more off week kill's to practice and still look like he has only 1 kill.. (hope you understand what i mean)

Ty for reading this other suggestions welcome :smiley:

well the decorations, li and titles is our foult as community that we accepted that system and didnt ask for kill count to beggin with but at the same time arena net should know there is two kinds of ppl doing raids some who are hard core and some who are new/casssual raiders and to sparate this two and avoid salt and scarying off new ppl we need this system also..

@"Thandaer.8105" said:Or give every boss some kind of junk with 100% chance to drop (and always 1 piece per boss chest)..."Thumb of Keep Construct; 10 silver"....keep it or sell it

...and while at it, also a container for all of those ;)

that is not a bad idea but it will only work for new ppl what about ppl who do raids way longer and still struggle with LFG'ing

@Angina.2356 said:well the decorations, li and titles is our foult as community that we accepted that system and didnt ask for kill count to beggin with but at the same time arena net should know there is two kinds of ppl doing raids some who are hard core and some who are new/casssual raiders and to sparate this two and avoid salt and scarying off new ppl we need this system also..

@"Thandaer.8105" said:Or give every boss some kind of junk with 100% chance to drop (and always 1 piece per boss chest)..."Thumb of Keep Construct; 10 silver"....keep it or sell it

...and while at it, also a container for all of those ;)

that is not a bad idea but it will only work for new ppl what about ppl who do raids way longer and still struggle with LFG'ing

We don't know if the game remembers all the kills you made.

When i see these kill proof threads or those silly requirements i always think, just ignore them join where youre comfortable and tell that you have this much less but that much kills. Either they accept it or they dont. shrug I believe if youre friendly, honest and communicative you can get away with alot of lacking requirements.

In WoW it was enough for others to inspect that you killed the boss once (there was nothing else to check) and it worked perfectly. And here I read an article about that 12 is not enough and ppl really think that 30 kills are necessary to kill this boss again? WTF? Why is in GW2 - the most casual MMO crowd on earth - the raiding community so picky/idiotic/ridiculous.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:In WoW it was enough for others to inspect that you killed the boss once (there was nothing else to check) and it worked perfectly. And here I read an article about that 12 is not enough and ppl really think that 30 kills are necessary to kill this boss again? kitten? Why is in GW2 - the most casual MMO crowd on earth - the raiding community so picky/idiotic/ridiculous.

Join a low kp group and you will see why.

It is not a kill proof system. They are just Guild decoration from raids. The players made into a kill proof system. Anet does not really want to support such things.

In pugs that use discord you can use the Gw2Bot $bt command to see how many weekly kills you have. That is one way to do it. Otherwise you have to deal with it.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:In WoW it was enough for others to inspect that you killed the boss once (there was nothing else to check) and it worked perfectly. And here I read an article about that 12 is not enough and ppl really think that 30 kills are necessary to kill this boss again? kitten? Why is in GW2 - the most casual MMO crowd on earth - the raiding community so picky/idiotic/ridiculous.

cuz you have really bad community in this game that doesn't use logic. i saw qadim normal kill that required cm qadim. i got kicked from 500 li squad when i linked 300 li cuz i t was on an alt account. i was kicked for being a reaper altho i outdps people in lfg with a reaper on right and left.

@Chris McSwag.4683 said:

kp is kind of bs. you can have low kp or not at all and be better player than someone who just farms it casually weekly. it also can be an alt.

@Draco.9480 said:

cuz you have really bad community in this game that doesn't use logic. i saw qadim normal kill that required cm qadim. i got kicked from 500 li squad when i linked 300 li cuz i t was on an alt account. i was kicked for being a reaper altho i outdps people in lfg with a reaper on right and left.

So at which point did you consider that you are joining a group and not providing the proof they demanded? You could have messaged the squadlead, loged on your main, etc.

It's not your squad, you don't get to decide what people set as arbitrary demands. Make your own squad, make your own demands.

GW2 is the most casual MMO yes, and it is exactly that reason why a majority of the player base has 0 understanding of their class or the game which makes people antsy when making groups for challenging content (which is not that challenging to begin with).

@Draco.9480 said:

kp is kind of bs. you can have low kp or not at all and be better player than someone who just farms it casually weekly. it also can be an alt.

True, but that is not why people demand kill proof. They demand kp because they want people who have cleared the boss and understand the fight (hopefully) and more kill proof means less chance of people having been carried or getting lucky. It's not about getting the best players into the group, it's about getting players good enough to clear the content.

Nothing stopping you from pinging your two stacks of LI (aka ping the same stack twice) no way to tell it's a different one. You're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't do that if you really think you are fit to be in that group. Nothing is stopping you from faking it completely. Doesn't stop them from kicking you the hell out if you don't perform.

@Blocki.4931 said:Nothing stopping you from pinging your two stacks of LI (aka ping the same stack twice) no way to tell it's a different one. You're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't do that if you really think you are fit to be in that group. Nothing is stopping you from faking it completely. Doesn't stop them from kicking you the hell out if you don't perform.

That is why people split multiple stacks into 250 249 248... for high kp groups, so you can tell them apart.Or better use killproof.me since that cannot be faked at all (unless you bribe the owner/hack the website)

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I'm pretty sure the reason why Anet hasn't implemented a killproof system is because they don't support a killproof system.

Well, but they did a killproof-system... Kinda.

Im more curious about what sort of carpal tunnel infested jerk said lets use this unique consumable as KP!

There are guilds that use them to make gold trophies. Why the hell should I hold onto it to get into a group, when its just as likely to pass or fail as anyone with in substantial proof?

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:I'm pretty sure the reason why Anet hasn't implemented a killproof system is because they don't support a killproof system.

Well, but they did a killproof-system... Kinda.

Im more curious about what sort of carpal tunnel infested jerk said lets use this unique consumable as KP!

There are guilds that use them to make gold trophies. Why the hell should I hold onto it to get into a group, when its just as likely to pass or fail as anyone with in substantial proof?

Because it isn't "as likely to pass or fail". That's the main reason why this system continues to be in use, even though it is a bit inconvenient for everyone.

@Chris McSwag.4683 said:

Ppl who has low kp are those that disagree with group asking for high kp.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Anet, would you consider next few level of tittle on top of envoy herald so raiders can convert the extra Li to tittles and AP. for example a new achievrment collections unlockable after obtaining 3 weight of leg armour. This gives a good purpose for vet raider to continue doing old wings clear. Many vet raider are raiding very casually these days because they have unlocked everything, all the weapon skins for each wings and there's not much there now for them :p at least farming li for new tittle will keep it alive.

Also perhaps.. some new currency to allow repeat of old wing bosses in a week with a currency cap and this currency can be converted to Li for an insanely crazy tittle that need insane large amount of Li to exchange for that.. many might not like this last idea lol

I don't blame people for wanting to avoid wasting time with people who can't carry their weight. And I don't fault ANet for not wanting to support any arbitrary restrictions. The game doesn't require proof of kills and, importantly, proving kills doesn't prove ability, which is what people asking for KP really want. There are other ways to find out if PUGs know the fight; people just prefer something that can be pinged, rather than actually talking to people.

Archived