I hate the new facet of nature - dragon

Brian.6435

Under facet of nature - dragon it's even less useful than before. The great thing about Facet of nature before was the small extension of buff time, which is what it still does, BUT when you collapse it, it applied a bunch of boons to you and your allies as well, including protection. The burst buff is completely gone now, why get rid of this??

Also I'd like to add ...in regard to traits, I used to use hardening peristance and shared empowerment, now I have to choose between the two...THANKS!

You are right. Ita really very similar to renegade now where you hardly ever hit the skill.

Bad change and even worse is that they didn't change it meaning they think its ok.

And last patch they buffed the cost to 2 in pve amd wvw. Like that makes a difference. And not in pvp??!!! Do they think in pvp it would break something. They can make it 0 upkeep and would still be a zero gain.

I have to agree that it does seem like a downgrade.

The old form of Nature's Release had the advantage that it was useful at times when the base Facet of Nature wasn't. Extending boons isn't useful? Well, at least you can double-tap it to get a pile of boons right now!

Most of the other True Nature abilities have the advantage of doing something different to simply maintaining the facet. Shiro flips from lifestealing to boonstrip, Jalis from damage reduction to stability, and Ventari from healing to condition removal. The exception is Mallyx, whose Facet of Nature/True Nature works similar to a necromancer's Plague Signet.

Dragon Nature, on the other hand, is purely about boon extension, with its True Nature only really being useful over continuing to run the facet as a means of saving energy or in those situations where a couple of extra seconds on existing boons does balance against the concentration increase.

I like the Change to Facet of Nature.

HOWEVER, it shouldn't be associated with Glint, but would be called 'Transcendent Invocation'. This would be a base revenant F2 skill and would not change based on the current elite specs. This does exactly what the current Facet of Nature does.

Glints new F3 skill would maintain the existing name, but be a combination of Glints skills from GW1 - Crystal Haze and Facet of Nature.Facet of Nature: 1/4 sec activation. 60-90 recharge on consume.(Upkeep) -2 energy. Pulses every second in radius of 180-240. Foes in this area are slowed and movement skills have a 25% reduction in distance & speed. Example: Mesmer utility skill - Blink has a range of 1200, this will be reduced to 900 range. Warrior greatsword skill, Whirlwind Attack has range of 450, this would be reduced to a 337.5 range.(Consume). Create AoE Protection and regen for up to 5-10 allies around you. Also place Enemies Elite skill on cool down with the time duration being (50%) halved, in a radius of 120 around target foe with a range of 600. Example: SpellBreakers Elite - Winds of Change has a 90 sec recharge, so this elite would go on a 45 sec recharge.

The distance/speed reduction is the idea of keeping control of your foes movement while you maintain the upkeep, whereas the consume portion is active damage mitigation.

Upon making this change, Anet would need to combine the F2 (heroic command) & F4 (orders from above) of renegade into a single F4 (Heroic Orders) with a 15 energy use and 15 sec recharge. So this would apply might and alacrity with 1 skill.

Everyone hates it. It's hot garbage and I don't think you'll find a rev main who thinks it is anything but a massive downgrade.

We went from getting every Glint boon for at least 6 seconds to a measly 2 second increase only on boons that we already had.

The necessary change is obvious: revert the Glint F2 to behave similarly to the old one. They likely nerfed it so that we'd have a reason to use the other legends' F2 skills. However, in doing that, they made it beyond useless.

Yeah Glint's True Nature sucks. Would be more interesting if it was identical to Signet of Inspiration, but it would be great to have the boons back. Also, the True Nature skills should have the traited effect baseline so the trait can reduce the cooldown and perhaps the upkeep by 1.

Also, it still needs to deactivate on legend swap.

For PvE, the new facet of nature (especially after the cost decrease to 2 energy) is surely better than the old facet. Shiro and Jailis in particular are pretty solid.

It is unquestionably a nerf in PvP. It was easy access to boons, including protection that is lost for too marginal benefits in PvP. Again, mainly Shiro benefits. All other legends, except Glint are meh or unusable in PvP. Glint facet is meh in every game mode.

@otto.5684 said:For PvE, the new facet of nature (especially after the cost decrease to 2 energy) is surely better than the old facet. Shiro and Jailis in particular are pretty solid.

It is unquestionably a nerf in PvP. It was easy access to boons, including protection that is lost for too marginal benefits in PvP. Again, mainly Shiro benefits. All other legends, except Glint are meh or unusable in PvP. Glint facet is meh in every game mode.

I actually really like Facet of Nature - Mallyx in WvW. My napkin math came out to 4.5+ condis removed per second for a 10+ player squad with Ventari and Mallyx, and with FoN and Pain Absorption being 600 radius, it only really makes Purifying Essence the more difficult one to land. I haven't really run Mallyx much recently but it has potential, I just don't know if it's worth the sacrifices I have to make to get there. The upkeep still hurts with core legends.

@"Milan.9035" said:You are right. Ita really very similar to renegade now where you hardly ever hit the skill.

Bad change and even worse is that they didn't change it meaning they think its ok.

And last patch they buffed the cost to 2 in pve amd wvw. Like that makes a difference. And not in pvp??!!! Do they think in pvp it would break something. They can make it 0 upkeep and would still be a zero gain.

You can use it as another "Glint Upkeep Skill" to scale 4% extra damage via Forceful persistence.

Not saying it's the best choice for this, but just shining some light on the balance I guess--especially in regards to it's cost in sPvP... I think they were afraid to let Rev's double dip with Impossible Odds for the 16% modifier on their bursts in that game mode. I dunno.

I actually liked new active facet for transfering conditions back to necros and other unsuspecting condi roamers (except for mesmers, you don't fuck with anet's precious ones) but I do agree that old facet felt more useful with that row of boons it granted. Perhaps it's part of their plan of getting rid of boon creep?

P.S Glint's active F2 is a joke of renegade meme lvl

Glint f2 is isnt that bad now that went from -3 to -2, imo the only thing that can be a issue is the boon duration, maybe some other effect would be better and wonder wich one would be??Still imo 50% boon duration would be way to strong, when we already have the mesmer boon share stacking....

I personally only use gling f2 traited to affect 10 players and increasing their boon duration when the guild is blasting after that ill consume it.

EDit: i dont find any issues playing rev nor herald atm in WvW, i can fit the class to most roles, m8 be the most versatilly class atm in terms of roles and builds.

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 we alreay have prot and healign on our utilities :\, IMO it would be a bit similiar with Gw1 paragon skills, when u move with speed it would heal the afected players or next skill damage againt u would fail and heal for X amount , or even could cast something similiar with CH but w/o rooting alies but it ffeels it would be kinda strong having this afecting 10 players lol.

@Brian.6435 said:The burst buff is completely gone now, why get rid of this??

I watched a video once with someone demonstrating juggling buffs before entering combat - taking advantage of rev's higher energy regen outside of combat - and finishing with facet of nature.

I just rolled my eyes at the notion of people enjoying that.

As someone who doesn't think there should be any abilities with cooldowns, nerfing the hell out of one is a definite improvement.

And I love the new passive bonus which changes depending on current legend. That's great stuff.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:The problem is every other legend has a decent effect from using F2, all except Glint =/

From the wiki:

Gives a flat +20% duration to any boons applied to you, regardless of the source. Can go above the boon duration cap allowing up to +120% boon duration.

That's an improvement over the original. If other players were already at boon duration cap, facet of nature did nothing for them. Now it does. And also allows you to go full concentration and exceed the cap.

I approve.

@Caeledh.5437 said:From the wiki:

Gives a flat +20% duration to any boons applied to you, regardless of the source. Can go above the boon duration cap allowing up to +120% boon duration.

That's an improvement over the original. If other players were already at boon duration cap, facet of nature did nothing for them. Now it does. And also allows you to go full concentration and exceed the cap.

I approve.

That isn't an improvement. Facet of Nature, the version Glint gets, went from being useful in a wider variety of circumstances to only being useful in cases where people bother to max out their boon duration. As far as I know, maxing out boon duration only matters in end game PvE and +100% duration is enough there. No one needs or will need to reach 120% to keep their desired boons up.

In group content it's at best a sidegrade, having gone from being unnecessary to being unnecessary, and a nerf for everything else.

Glint F2 could be improved here are some ideas:

Give a celestial effect stat, +X to all stats.Give X% of caster vitality to allies, improving vitality on allies similiar to warrior banner, maybe a duo for vitality boost could be done.Give the possibility for heals crit on allies(based on precision and ferocity and healing power of the rev f2 caster, something arround that).

@Caeledh.5437 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:The problem is every other legend has a decent effect from using F2, all except Glint =/

From the wiki:

I approve.

In a pure min/max environment you might be correct, but I would surmise that for most players, during most of their playtime, a stack of might/fury/swiftness/regen/protection on demand for them and the group was far more useful.

Archived