Ultimately pointless thread to gush about the new Nightfang skin

I'll cut right to it and say this is absolutely my favorite mount skin of all time. Some people in chat seem a little put off by it, but I'm serious when I say this is an actual thing of beauty. I'm glad this is a thing I get to see in the world. Props to those who designed this, because cat skulls are seriously underrated. It's also cool that we now have an undead style mount skin for necromancers outside of the Awakened ones.(BTW, is this the first day-night responsive skin to be anything other than a weapon?)

Screenshots https://imgur.com/a/zmnn2Tw

(Dye channels are...)[black][silver][mesa][regal]

I love it too. If I don't get it with some BLCs it may be the first expensive (to me) mount skin I buy. Half Sphinx cat, half Thestrel -- amazing.

Edited to add: Tried a few BLCs, didn't get it (but that's OK, got some weapon skins I really wanted), so I bit the bullet and bought the Nightfang. Love it. Best mount skin so far, ANet, well done!

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i love the idea behind it but why a naked cat?

All cats are naked. Technically. Unless you put yours in outfits. Why would you do that though?(I love Sphinx cats and this is the first 2k gem mount that has made me seriously think about the splurge)

all cats have fur.....

Naked means to not have clothing. Cats don’t naturally wear clothing...Sphinx cats are hairless.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m saving my gems for the next new outfit. However that mountfit is nice enough that I’ll get it the next time it shows up.

Do you have a lead on the next new outfit? or ... Do you just collect them :)

to OP:

I'm torn with this skin. I want to love it because the cat skull (day/night) is amazing. Not sure I want to spend 2000 gems on it though :3

@Kanok.3027 said:Not my thing, but kudos to those who like it. I'm still waiting on my Super Bee Dog Griffon skin. YOU HEAR THAT, ANET? I will PAY you for it, even at 4000 Gems! Get on it!

I hear that. I was disappointed with no Super Mount Pack during the April Fool festival.

@"Purgatori.3645" said:Do you have a lead on the next new Outfit?

http://dulfy.net/2018/10/16/gw2-gemstore-nightfang-griffon-harvest-chair-and-more/#Upcoming_Items

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

All cats are naked. Technically. Unless you put yours in outfits. Why would you do that though?(I love Sphinx cats and this is the first 2k gem mount that has made me seriously think about the splurge)

all cats have fur.....

Naked means to not have clothing. Cats don’t naturally wear clothing...

naked means only seeing skin, that's also why we call some cats naked cats because of the lack of fur.

@sorudo.9054 said:

all cats have fur.....

Naked means to not have clothing. Cats don’t naturally wear clothing...

naked means only seeing skin, that's also why we call some cats naked cats because of the lack of fur.

I believe you will find that "naked" is not the term used, but hairless. Because, all cats are naked

Archived