Wild Magic Backpack Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock

luggizip.5013

I never knew these could unlock via the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock. It is a bit strange to have the backpack unlocked but not the glider.

It may be an oversight. I'm interested to read from the devs if this was intentional.

If it was intentional: I'm wondering if there is a way to unlock the glider as well without having to purchase the bundle.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Sasushi.5083 said:Okay, but why doesn't the Wardrobe Unlock also unlock the glider

Because Wardrobe Unlocks
always
only unlock
one
item at a time.Not true. In previous cases with gemshop armor sets (that you simply couldn't buy piece by piece), unlocking one element unlocked whole set. If it's not possible to buy backpack and glider separately, the same principle should apply.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sasushi.5083 said:Okay, but why doesn't the Wardrobe Unlock also unlock the glider

Because Wardrobe Unlocks
always
only unlock
one
item at a time.Not true. In previous cases with gemshop armor sets (that you simply couldn't buy piece by piece), unlocking one element unlocked whole set. If it's not possible to buy backpack and glider separately, the same principle should apply.

Perhaps so, but I believe the point was that the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock item only unlocks ONE thing. Other methods would be different than this item.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Because Wardrobe Unlocks
always
only unlock
one

Perhaps so, but I believe the point was that the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock item only unlocks ONE thing. Other methods would be different than this item.

I agree with your interpretation, but at the same time, the backpack in question was sold on the gem store as a combination with the glider. I do not believe that the glider was available separately, therefore, for the purposes of the Wardrobe unlock, they should be considered as 1 item and unlocked together.

Otherwise what you are saying to the player is that if they want the associated glider, they have to spend Gems / Statuettes and pay full price for the backpack + glider combo when they already have the backpack. Doesn't seem fair to me.

This is very likely something that just went overlooked, and should be brought to ANET's attention.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Because Wardrobe Unlocks
always
only unlock
one

I agree with your interpretation, but at the same time, the backpack in question was sold on the gem store as a combination with the glider. I do not believe that the glider was available separately, therefore, for the purposes of the Wardrobe unlock, they should be considered as 1 item and unlocked together.

Otherwise what you are saying to the player is that if they want the associated glider, they have to spend Gems / Statuettes and pay full price for the backpack + glider combo when they already have the backpack. Doesn't seem fair to me.

This is very likely something that just went overlooked, and should be brought to ANET's attention.

Yeah, when sold as a combo they don't always offer them separately. This, I believe, is by design to get people to purchase more than they probably wanted to purchase in order to get the one item that they want. So, yes, if you want them both they encourage you to spend gems (hoping gems are purchased rather than converted) and pay the full price. Fair or not in your eyes, it is a marketing tactic. I don't believe it to be an oversight.

Could the information been more clear? Perhaps. I didn't see it so I can't really say.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Because Wardrobe Unlocks
always
only unlock
one

Yeah, when sold as a combo they don't always offer them separately. This, I believe, is by design to get people to purchase more than they probably wanted to purchase in order to get the one item that they want. So, yes, if you want them both they encourage you to spend gems (hoping gems are purchased rather than converted) and pay the full price. Fair or not in your eyes, it is a marketing tactic. I don't believe it to be an oversight.

Could the information been more clear? Perhaps. I didn't see it so I can't really say.

Well I don't know if it's a marketing tactic or not since the Wardrobe unlock is completely random.

That said, checking the Wiki it seems we are in err: the Wild Magic Backpack was a BL Chest exclusive, and doesn't appear to have been sold for gems on the store.

Still I object to this very concept. If these items are only available as package then they should be unlocked as a package. If you are lucky with your BL keys and get both the glider + backpack at once, why can't you be equally lucky with a Wardrobe unlock and get both the glider + backpack??

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Well I don't know if it's a marketing tactic or not since the Wardrobe unlock is completely random.

That said, checking the Wiki it seems we are in err: the Wild Magic Backpack was a BL Chest exclusive, and doesn't appear to have been sold for gems on the store.

Still I object to this very concept. If these items are only available as package then they should be unlocked as a package. If you are lucky with your BL keys and get both the glider + backpack at once, why can't you be equally lucky with a Wardrobe unlock and get both the glider + backpack??Thanks for looking up the wiki information.I suppose that the reason you can't be lucky with the wardrobe unlock is because it is coded to only give one item.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:There is also another factor with this particular glider. It is simply impossible to get the glider with the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock even if you were given infinite number of the unlock item.Imgur

Now, the wiki lists the backpack as a possible result, but not the glider, so I do think you're correct in your statement, but that screen doesn't confirm what you're saying, though... It only shows that the Wild Magic glider skin doesn't show up in the Wardobe until you unlock it.Edit: It only shows that it's not unlocked, not that the GWU doesn't contain it.

To prove it, we need someone with

• ~~The WM Glider not unlocked, yet ~~
  • a GWU not showing it in the preview,
  • ~~and it clearly not being simply culled due to too many possible results. ~~

Edit 2: Hold on, I must have been really tired when I looked at that screenshot. Is the right side the glider section of the GWU? If so it does prove it! Apologies!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:There is also another factor with this particular glider. It is simply impossible to get the glider with the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock even if you were given infinite number of the unlock item.
Imgur

Now, the wiki lists the backpack as a possible result, but
not
the glider, so I do think you're correct in your statement, but that screen doesn't confirm what you're saying, though... It only shows that the Wild Magic glider skin doesn't show up in the Wardobe until you unlock it.

To prove it, we need someone with
  • The WM Glider not unlocked, yet
  • a GWU
    not
    showing it in the preview,
  • and
    it clearly not being simply culled due to too many possible results.

I can confirm this, saddly dont have screenshots. I got the backpack from the wardrobe unlock, but i had to then purchase it for statuettes when it was available so i could get the glider, the glider never once showed in the glider unlock section of the GWU, but it shows the rest of the gliders i dont have unlocked that are available(i only have 13 glider skins total, including the WM glider.), and i dont think there is a culling list for the GWU as it shows literally all the rest of the skins i dont have(which is 48% of all the skins in the game.)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Because Wardrobe Unlocks
always
only unlock
one
item at a time.

Mostly, give or take a few exceptions.I once got 1 skin in three weight classes unlocked

Usually for gemstore armor, not even full sets, pieces also usually follow this rule.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Because Wardrobe Unlocks
always
only unlock
one
item at a time.Not true. In previous cases with gemshop armor sets (that you simply couldn't buy piece by piece), unlocking one element unlocked whole set.

Well, I have everything unlocked that Wardrobe Unlocks can unlock, and you could never unlock a glider and its corresponding back piece, because - technically - they do not belong together, they just look alike (not the same thing as a Gem Store armor set). Speaking of armor sets, non-Gem Store armor also gets unlocked piece by piece, because - unlike Gem Store armor - it doesn't come in a set.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:There is also another factor with this particular glider. It is simply impossible to get the glider with the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock even if you were given infinite number of the unlock item.
Imgur

not
the glider, so I do think you're correct in your statement, but that screen doesn't confirm what you're saying, though... It only shows that the Wild Magic glider skin doesn't show up in the Wardobe until you unlock it.

but it does does show up before unlock. That is the left most icon on the left side of the image.

Its supposed to unlock both. All skins previously would unlock all variants of an item such as the Cavalier weapons would unlock two skins. But I don't think the Wild Magic anything is supposed to be in that since its a exclusive Black Lion Chest/Statuette item.

If it was included I think this is an error and you should have gotten both unlocked. Its a new item so it might have been an oversight.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:There is also another factor with this particular glider. It is simply impossible to get the glider with the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock even if you were given infinite number of the unlock item.
Imgur

not

but it does does show up before unlock. That is the left most icon on the left side of the image.

That it does, haha! I blame being tired when I wrote that! Fixing my post!

Edit: wow I must have been tired when I looked at that screenshot last night! I completely misread the information in it! Apologies!

There is/was a chest unlock that gave both the glider and the backpack skin, I got it during my last batch of key purchases when they were on sale.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest/historical#Battle-Hardened_Chest

It was available 11-13-2018 to 12-11-2018

What you got was a random backpack unlock with the wardrobe unlock, that's why it didn't include both.

Archived