[Suggestion] Make Gift of exploration craftable by using WvW rewards.

Hitman.5829

I have crafted 6 legendary weapons by exploring the world and getting the gift of exploration, but doing it so many times gets boring because of its repetitive nature.So, I suggest gift of exploration could be obtained by combining in the mystic forge:

• 10 gifts of battle
  • 2000 WvW tickets
  • 10000 Badges of honor
  • 5000 testimonies of heroics or 1000 memory of battle

or adjust the required materials as you see fit.the 2000 WvW tickets is about 5.5 weeks of collecting them; getting the Gift of exploration should not be easy. Combined with 10 gifts of battle and other requirements, makes it fair to obtain gift of exploration by playing WvW.

@Hitman.5829 said:Gift of battle is given as a reward in wvw.

Gift of exploration is given as a reward in PvE. That sword cuts both ways.

Besides which: there's already a work-around. If you don't want to go through the trouble, you can pay someone else to do it for you. The only legendaries that require the Gift of Exploration can be bought on the TP. You can also pay ~400-650 gold on the gray market for someone's gift of exploration (roughly: you supply all the unbound mats and the seller supplies all the bound ones, including GoExplor, the dungeon tokens, the clovers, etc).

@Strider Pj.2193 said:No. As a primary WvW player, I’d prefer to keep the need to play/experience different modes to get legendary weapons.

...which is the whole point of the status quo. :+1:

The OP wants to make it easier on WvW players while PvE players will still have to play WvW to obtain the Gift of Battle. Doesn't sound fair to me.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Besides which: there's already a work-around. If you don't want to go through the trouble, you can pay someone else to do it for you. The only legendaries that require the Gift of Exploration can be bought on the TP. You can also pay ~400-650 gold on the gray market for someone's gift of exploration (roughly: you supply all the unbound mats and the seller supplies all the bound ones, including GoExplor, the dungeon tokens, the clovers, etc).

Well aint that a brilliant solution. Genius just genius!Hey stranger, here, have 650 gold to craft me a a gift of exploration.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:No. As a primary WvW player, I’d prefer to keep the need to play/experience different modes to get legendary weapons.

...which is the whole point of the status quo. :+1:

The OP wants to make it easier on WvW players while PvE players will still have to play WvW to obtain the Gift of Battle. Doesn't sound fair to me.

Nop, after crafting 6 legendaries it gets boring and repetitive. There is nothing wrong in using WvW time and rewards to get gift of exploration.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Well aint that a brilliant solution. Genius just genius!Hey stranger, here, have 650 gold to craft me a a gift of exploration.

Yes, it's quite brilliant. Some weeks, there are 10-12 traded that we can track easily. Several frequent traders; several one time traders. There are also people who serve as brokers, holding on to mats or payment until seller & buyer are both ready.

For example, there are plenty of people out there who would be willing to trade with me, because they know me from the forums (even though we are otherwise strangers). I'd wager a few people know your reputation, too.

But it's also brilliant because you can choose not to take that risk. You can spend more (usually another 500-700) and buy the legendary outright on the TP.

tl;dr there's no need to add another mechanic to skip doing world map completion; there already is one.

Yes, it's quite brilliant. Some weeks, there are 10-12 traded that we can track easily. Several frequent traders; several one time traders. There are also people who serve as brokers, holding on to mats or payment until seller & buyer are both ready.

For example, there are plenty of people out there who would be willing to trade with me, because they know me from the forums (even though we are otherwise strangers). I'd wager a few people know your reputation, too.

But it's also brilliant because you can choose not to take that risk. You can spend more (usually another 500-700) and buy the legendary outright on the TP.

tl;dr there's no need to add another mechanic to skip doing world map completion; there already is one.

Well, there you have it, brilliant solution. Such a master piece of work! I am quite impress to be honest you left me speechless!Thank you!

@Hitman.5829 said:

Well, there you have it, brilliant solution. Such a master piece of work! I am quite impress to be honest you left me speechless!Thank you!

You're quite welcome.

Somehow you still manage to have missed the points: you can choose to skip the gift of exploration if you want. And it's unrealistic to expect that ANet will change things to simply things for WvWers without also making a comparable change for PvErs.

I'm not against either thing happening. You just haven't offered a compelling reason as to why ANet should go out of their way to change things.

You're quite welcome.

Somehow you still manage to have missed the points: you can choose to skip the gift of exploration if you want. And it's unrealistic to expect that ANet will change things to simply things for WvWers without also making a comparable change for PvErs.

I'm not against either thing happening. You just haven't offered a compelling reason as to why ANet should go out of their way to change things.

Thanks for your help. I did not know we could get gifts of exploration in an alternative way.From now on, every time I want to craft a legendary I will look for strangers in the forums or in game and send them 650 gold to craft me the required piece.

Who would have thought it would be that easy!Thanks mate!

You're quite welcome.

It seems he is being very cynical here and you can't see itdon't you think?!

@Hitman.5829 said:

You're quite welcome.

Thanks for your help. I did not know we could get gifts of exploration in an alternative way.From now on, every time I want to craft a legendary I will look for strangers in the forums or in game and send them 650 gold to craft me the required piece.

Who would have thought it would be that easy!Thanks mate!

Pay 2.5k and buy the legendary wep on tp.Youre welcome

Getting a legend weapon should require you to do different modes in game. And people who think 7 hours is a long time to get a gift of Battle, I challenge you to get 100% map completion in the same amount of time.

Legendary weapons have always forced the PvE aspect harder than WvW, even when the WvW maps were required for 100% map.

@Klipso.8653 said:Getting a legend weapon should require you to do different modes in game. And people who think 7 hours is a long time to get a gift of Battle, I challenge you to get 100% map completion in the same amount of time.

Legendary weapons have always forced the PvE aspect harder than WvW, even when the WvW maps were required for 100% map.

Well, YES, for some players the 7 hours spent in WvW for the gift of Battle are longer than the period needed to do a map completion in Tyria.The perception of the length of the time you should spend in a game mode is purely subjective. Look at what the OP considers a good start for that Gift of Exploration (obtainable in WvW).

@Hitman.5829 said:I have crafted 6 legendary weapons by exploring the world and getting the gift of exploration, but doing it so many times gets boring because of its repetitive nature.So, I suggest gift of exploration could be obtained by combining in the mystic forge:

• 10 gifts of battle
  • 2000 WvW tickets
  • 10000 Badges of honor
  • 5000 testimonies of heroics or 1000 memory of battle

or adjust the required materials as you see fit.the 2000 WvW tickets is about 5.5 weeks of collecting them; getting the Gift of exploration should not be easy. Combined with 10 gifts of battle and other requirements, makes it fair to obtain gift of exploration by playing WvW.

If you count the time for 10 Gifts of Battle you can have around 75 hours of WvW only for the Gifts of Battle. Not to speak about the 10 k Badges of Honor. I consider an error the 2K WvW tickets - that means almost 6 weeks of WvW. In 6 weeks you can do 2 or 3 map completion at least. But the OP considers this to be a good price.For me is not. I prefer to do a map completion (in less than 75 hours) to have 2 Gifts of Exploration.

And the repetition of doing map completion is boring. But is not boring to play for 6 weeks in the same 4 maps doing the same thing.

So, as I said before, the perception is different, according to the play stile of the person. I think this was the reason for mixing all the modes when making a legendary. To push the players to do (sometimes) other activities.

for me it's just the godforsaken hearts. I'd gladly run around getting waypoints, hero points, and POI's if the hypothetical "Gift of Exploration Reward Track" did nothing more than give credits for hearts.

I would put it at 60-ish hearts per track, requiring 5 completions to get all the hearts done. Then you can actually explore Tyria to finish it off, and not kill the same bees and Skritt ad nauseum to fill a yellow bar.

@InvaGir.9158 said:

You're quite welcome.

It seems he is being very cynical here and you can't see itdon't you think?!

I've chosen to presume that the poster was being sincere, that they realized that their original suggestion lacked a solid foundation and that they are pleased to learn of both the gray market and TP alternatives that already exist.The alternative would mean that they are deliberately misstating their position to provoke a response.

I have to agree with a number of peeps here. Give WvWers a way to trade time consuming currencies in for the hearts but still require the other bits of map exploration and I think that would go a long way. I am also not oppossed to giving people that hate WvW a way to trade in other PvE currencies for teh Gift of Battle. Take the average time aspect and level of challange for both and implement a trader with their normal taxations rules.

Side note the OPs original forge recipe was quite a chunk of time so they weren't skimping there. Just sayin.

@Hitman.5829 said:I have crafted 6 legendary weapons

You have crafted 6 legendary weapons using the current system, so clearly it works.You have crafted 6 legendary weapons, so you clearly don't need any help in crafting a 7th.

Obviously everyone would rather the grind be made easier, but where does it stop? It is a grind, and there is always going to be something that a player finds boring or unnecessary. For some it's getting the GoB, while for others it's the Gift of Exploration. Me, I hate having to grind out Mystic Clovers.

It is what it is, and once you start relaxing the requirements of one part of the grind, someone will raise their hand and complain about another aspect, until we reach a point where a Legendary item will be selectable from your monthly Chest of Loyalty =/

@"Etterwyn.5263" said:for me it's just the godforsaken hearts. I'd gladly run around getting waypoints, hero points, and POI's if the hypothetical "Gift of Exploration Reward Track" did nothing more than give credits for hearts.

I would put it at 60-ish hearts per track, requiring 5 completions to get all the hearts done. Then you can actually explore Tyria to finish it off, and not kill the same bees and Skritt ad nauseum to fill a yellow bar.

Or getting blown up by bombs next to Fort Salma...

Archived