gearing up

Balsa.3951

What's too pricey about it? What's your solution for the fix? It is called 'Legendary' for a reason though, personally don't have a problem with it.

There really isn't a gear grind at all by the time your lvl'd to 80 most people already have a piece or two of exotic and then can work on getting the exact stats they want. Ascended gear is pretty easy to get through collections and crafting imo. And you really don't even NEED those unless your doing fractals.Yes build templates would be nice.

@"Blocki.4931" said:What "gear grind" needs to be stopped? Legendary armor, legendaries in general, aren't supposed to be cheap. They aren't even worth to make unless you change stats or upgrades a ton. That is by design and should under no circumstance be made any easier or costly for that matter.

where is it written that gear MUST be hard to get ? in a skill based game ?

welcome to show me the LAW about game gear

@Jwake.7013 said:What's too pricey about it? What's your solution for the fix? It is called 'Legendary' for a reason though, personally don't have a problem with it.

There really isn't a gear grind at all by the time your lvl'd to 80 most people already have a piece or two of exotic and then can work on getting the exact stats they want. Ascended gear is pretty easy to get through collections and crafting imo. And you really don't even NEED those unless your doing fractals.Yes build templates would be nice.

Fun fact the game started out without gear grind exotic gear was easy to get, than Anet changed it guess what they can change it again if people feel more fun without grinding gear stats.

Solution is easy lower the prices for gear

@"Blocki.4931" said:What "gear grind" needs to be stopped? Legendary armor, legendaries in general, aren't supposed to be cheap. They aren't even worth to make unless you change stats or upgrades a ton. That is by design and should under no circumstance be made any easier or costly for that matter.

They arent even hard thats the best part. Learning the raids is the hard part, finding a group to do the entirety of Xeras wing is the hard part. but the actual making them is easy!

Ascended Armor is even easier, i made three sets and every single set since then ive gotten from Fractals + Stat swapping to get the combo i want.Ascended Weapons are really easy too, i made my three mains weapons and after that i did all the elite spec collections, and fractals(t4 daily) + tequatl(daily), and i have more than i need at the moment.

@Dante.1763 said:

They arent even hard thats the best part. Learning the raids is the hard part, finding a group to do the entirety of Xeras wing is the hard part. but the actual making them is easy!

Ascended Armor is even easier, i made three sets and every single set since then ive gotten from Fractals + Stat swapping to get the combo i want.Ascended Weapons are really easy too, i made my three mains weapons and after that i did all the elite spec collections, and fractals(t4 daily) + tequatl(daily), and i have more than i need at the moment.

how many classes you play ?

in theory tomorrow the meta shift u have 3 classes how much fun do u feel change stats

in general do u have fun gearing up?

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Jwake.7013 said:What's too pricey about it? What's your solution for the fix? It is called 'Legendary' for a reason though, personally don't have a problem with it.

Fun fact the game started out without gear grind exotic gear was easy to get, than Anet changed it guess what they can change it again if people feel more fun without grinding gear stats.

The game started out without gear grind, and the game still doesn't have gear grind. Exotic equipment is as easy to get now as it was back in the beginning, and I would argue it's actually even easier to get now. Aside from higher level fractals gated by AR, no content in the game requires Ascended or Legendary equipment.

As well, Legendary weapons were marketed as a long-term goal, or journey, from the start. Legendary armor and trinkets just followed that trend.

@Balsa.3951 said:

in theory tomorrow the meta shift u have 3 classes how much fun do u feel change stats

I have 15 Characters, out of those, i play 8 of them, out of those almost all of them have ascended. But the best part is? when you play DPS on all classes you dont have to worry about the "Meta" shifting. DPS stats always stay the same.

The Only class i have to worry about is my Condi SB, and thats why im making legendary armor for her, and yes in this game i did. Compared to all the other MMOs ive played this has one of the most laid back gearing of them.

As it is you can do almost all content in level 80 exotics(Including HoT and POF) you Only need it for fractals. You can even do raids with it.

@Balsa.3951 said:

why are you gearing in legendary at first place?

There is next to zero “gear grind”, Legendary Armor is at a premium cost like all Legendary gear because of the convenience factor and the prestige of the items, Ascended gear is extremely easy and cheap to acquire and is extremely cheap to stat change if that is ever necessary and is only actually needed for Mid to High Tier Fractals. Then there is Exotics which can be used to clear and be competitive in every single piece of content barring mid to high end fractals.

@Balsa.3951 said:

about 6 regularly, I do have 29 characters though with access to 14+ full ascended armor sets, 10k Magnetite Shards, multiple ascended armor boxes, 3 bank tabs full of ascended weapons worth and 3 legendary armors. I haven't "geared up" in this game in over 4 years. Yes, the first ascended set takes the longest.

A full ascended set when crafting armor goes between 250 and 300 gold (I just checked Zojja's heavy armor right now, and crafting a full set costs 260 gold according to gw2eff). At 20 gold per hour medium farms that comes out to about 15 hours farming for best in slot armor gear (which is only required for fractal T4 even). That is not using exotic gear which is fine for every other place of the game (and price drops to about 1/8th).

Legendary gear is in no way required.

Given there is around 2-3 stat combinations which are of actual use to most classes (viper, berserker, assassins) and many stat combinations which are situational (commander, marauder, minstrel, harrier) which can also be achieved with less best in slot stat combinations (rabid, dire, sinister, trailblazer, valkyrie, etc.). The amount of time required to get multiple sets of exotic or ascended gear is not long (for a MMO).

Build crafting is indeed fun. Maybe start out with exotic gear.

@Balsa.3951 said:

This is a MMORPG first. Show me where skill is required in 95% of this game? Not even exotic gear is required in most of the content.

Not seeing it. Sorry.

@Balsa.3951 said:

It's a game design choice to provide longer-term goals, almost to the point of diminishing returns, to keep engagement levels high.

I am highly unlikely to ever get legendary armour, but I have no issue with that because I'm a casual player and choose not to bother with raids. There are plenty of other goals for me to focus on. Your argument seems to be "it's pretty and/or convenient, I want it but don't want to put the effort and/or time in". If weapons/armour which conferred an appreciable advantage were gated and difficult for most players to achieve, I would understand... but there are more ways than ever to start acquiring ascended gear and legendary armour only provides convenience, not a gear treadmill.

@Balsa.3951 said:

Why would you want an absolutely convenience based item, or in this case gear class, to be handed to you?

@Balsa.3951 said:

Yes and those changes were in 2012, many things have changed since then as far as how gear is gotten and how easy it is. Its easier to get exotic now then it was to get rare back then, so not sure you point on that. Can you give specifics on what you'd change and why you feel it's too much of a grind?

Here we go again. If you want the 'Best' you need to work for it, otherwise the alternative is quite cheaply available. I tend to go for the best stats since being fobbed off on other games regarding gear.I am in the middle of the leggie Backpack (pvp) a work in progress but I do perfectly well getting ascended from collections and doing maps currencies. I've only got 10 ascended sets on my main account and one fully ascended mesmer on my second. I have aims as well, for me it's getting all my playable characters in full ascended (my guard is my last for now) and giving each character it's own set of weapons. I don't look it as I need 300g, I do it in stages, always do my time gates regardless and curse meta build sites making me need a light assassins set now.oh and i'm farming for that Bow everyone seems to hate.

Legendary armor is the "last armor you craft" and it better be grindy. Having two or three sets of ascended is not just cheaper and faster done than going for legendary it's also more convenient to swap, at least until we get build templates. Only things bothersome when going for ascended can be the time gated materials, but it gets better after your first set.

No sympathy for a general "I want my shiny easier"-thread, sry m8, better luck next time. ;)

@Balsa.3951 said:

Errr... if you can't afford legendaries, why even bother? Ascended gear is as good as legendary, legendaries are only for the skin and the ability to quickly change stats at will.

You do not have to obtain legendary gear, the game does not require it and no one is forcing you. So your comment makes no sense whatsoever.

@Balsa.3951 said:

You are making this artificial wall for yourself, Anet is not doing anything to you.

You are making choices in how you feel that neither than nor the other players here are responsible for.

I have no legendary anything and will not be crafting any of it. I find I just don't care about it enough to do it. I have multiple ascended sets. It was almost no effort to get them. I don't play this a lot either, I have demands on my time and cannot play games 20-50 hours a week like others may be able to.

This undying need for being "meta" is a disease in your own mind. You can just play the game. You don't have to be min/max in every tiny little way. You can choose to though and if you do that is your choice and there is no legitimate blame you can place on this company or this game.

I would step back and try and figure out why you feel so entitled? You could choose to just play the game and have fun, it sounds like gear grinding is not fun for you at all so why would you do it in the first place? The "grind" here is so short and tiny outside of the legendary unnecessary armor it is pale next to other games of this type.

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:where is it written that gear MUST be hard to get ?The fact that it's literally designed that way. Just make your Ascendeds and move on.

i own 2 legendary armors its just not fun if people have fun on grinding gear stats so be it

There is no gear grind for stats! Legendary armour provides no combat advantage! A modicum of effort is required for ascended, but exotic is more than sufficient for the vast majority of content.

Archived