Can we have legendary weapons gen2 in TP

Elitism at its finest! I had to do it this way so everyone else has to mentality. Not really healthy for the game in my opinion. For people like me who work a ton and are not able to do all the farming that it takes consistently to make one. I could but it would take away from what little time I have to play with my friends.

I'm in the same boat for legendary armor as well. I will never have time to do what it takes to get those items but it would be nice if I could buy it outright. I can already see the posts now saying if you don't have the time that's too bad. Well time is money and I don't have the time but I do have the money. If they want me to buy gems they need to have items that I want available on the Trading Post.

@Excursion.9752 said:Elitism at its finest! I had to do it this way so everyone else has to mentality. Not really healthy for the game in my opinion. For people like me who work a ton and are not able to do all the farming that it takes consistently to make one. I could but it would take away from what little time I have to play with my friends.

This doesn't even make sense if you are talking about legendary weapons. 95% of the effort of making one is getting gold. Legendary collections & other account bound materials can be obtained in like 10 hours, which you can split over a month of time if you don't have that much time to play at once. Rest of the materials you can buy stight from TP.

I'm in the same boat for legendary armor as well. I will never have time to do what it takes to get those items but it would be nice if I could buy it outright. I can already see the posts now saying if you don't have the time that's too bad. Well time is money and I don't have the time but I do have the money. If they want me to buy gems they need to have items that I want available on the Trading Post.

This is a little harder but you could make a long term goal and finish it in a year by clearing few easy bosses each week or just buy clears from various guilds.

GW2's reward structure already is really bad, making even more unique rewards buyable for gold would make it even worse. Why even play the game if you can buy everything for gold. There is nothing elitist about it or having to do mentality of 'i had to do this, so you have to'. Games need unique rewards from different game modes or it would be boring as hell.

If it all can be purchased with gold then why not have it available to buy? Legendary has never been about the flash or effects because most are lame to me. It is more about the ability to change stats.

I see no good logical reason that all legendary items shouldn't be for sell. If someone is willing to sell what they made then let them. Its their time and money. It should not halted by a status symbol. Let your AP do the talking it means just about as much. Neither one means you are a great player. What it does show is your ability to handle long trivial tasks.

@Excursion.9752 said:If it all can be purchased with gold then why not have it available to buy? Legendary has never been about the flash or effects because most are lame to me. It is more about the ability to change stats.

I see no good logical reason that all legendary items shouldn't be for sell. If someone is willing to sell what they made then let them. Its their time and money. It should not halted by a status symbol. Let your AP do the talking it means just about as much. Neither one means you are a great player. What it does show is your ability to handle long trivial tasks.

I like the flashys, fashion wars is real.I spend my time in PvP and WvW. For me any pve content is a waste of time. Just give me the opertunity to buy them.

@Excursion.9752 said:If it all can be purchased with gold then why not have it available to buy? Legendary has never been about the flash or effects because most are lame to me. It is more about the ability to change stats.

If it’s “more about the ability to change stats” and “never been about the flash or effects” then there is no need to put the new legendaries in the gemstore because gen 1 legendaries are perfectly fine for stat swapping and available for sale on the trading post. Just get a skin you like from your wardrobe and there you have a stat swapping weapon.

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:If it all can be purchased with gold then why not have it available to buy? Legendary has never been about the flash or effects because most are lame to me. It is more about the ability to change stats.

I like the flashys, fashion wars is real.I spend my time in PvP and WvW. For me any pve content is a waste of time. Just give me the opertunity to buy them.

I agree, I can not see any reason to not put them into TP. People will say "But,but,but I was needed to do the boring pve content, so you have to do it also"No ty

@"Excursion.9752" said:If it all can be purchased with gold then why not have it available to buy? Legendary has never been about the flash or effects because most are lame to me. It is more about the ability to change stats.

I agree, I can not see any reason to not put them into TP. People will say "But,but,but I was needed to do the boring pve content, so you have to do it also"No ty

In case you didn’t notice, you quoted and responded to yourself.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Jupp, IM half in sleep

Jupp, IM half in sleep

Here ya go.

@Excursion.9752 said:I'm in the same boat for legendary armor as well. I will never have time to do what it takes to get those items but it would be nice if I could buy it outright. I can already see the posts now saying if you don't have the time that's too bad. Well time is money and I don't have the time but I do have the money. If they want me to buy gems they need to have items that I want available on the Trading Post.The only change legendary armor needs to be obtainable by crafting, same as legendary weapons, since there's currently no normal-person way to obtain it in PVE.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:I'm in the same boat for legendary armor as well. I will never have time to do what it takes to get those items but it would be nice if I could buy it outright. I can already see the posts now saying if you don't have the time that's too bad. Well time is money and I don't have the time but I do have the money. If they want me to buy gems they need to have items that I want available on the Trading Post.The only change legendary armor needs to be obtainable by crafting, same as legendary weapons, since there's currently no normal-person way to obtain it in PVE.

Presumably you’re either arguing that raids aren’t PvE or you’re arguing that raids aren’t something that normal people do, because otherwise that’s incorrect since PVE accessible Legendary Armor is crafted after meeting pve (raid) requirements.

Legendary Armor

more reason to get a Gen1 legendary

my brain thinks like a skritt, S H I N N I E ! ! ! :3

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:I'm in the same boat for legendary armor as well. I will never have time to do what it takes to get those items but it would be nice if I could buy it outright. I can already see the posts now saying if you don't have the time that's too bad. Well time is money and I don't have the time but I do have the money. If they want me to buy gems they need to have items that I want available on the Trading Post.The only change legendary armor needs to be obtainable by crafting, same as legendary weapons, since there's currently no normal-person way to obtain it in PVE.

I pretty much gave up on getting the PvE legendary armor, both the non Glorious versions of WvW and PvP legendary armors seems to be easier to get, all you need to do is spend enough time in WvW and ranked PvP

I personally think that there /ought/ to be a way to get purple-grade gear through regular, ordinary crafting. Throw in the requisite amount of materials, get a weapon/armor with the same exact skin as ascended but with the capability to function as a legendary.

I personally, am tired of swapping my legendary staff/sword/axe etc to whichever character needs it at the time. I invariably forget to put it back in the bank and it is a huge time delay when all I really want is to just go and do whatever it is I wanted to do. /Especially/ because we can only craft one gen 2 and cannot buy another. I am currently working on the gen2 sword and staff, but I guess I could make or buy another Bolt to get twice told but. It sure would be nice not to have to do map comp AGAIN to get it.

My personal opinion is that legendary weapons should never ever be on TP. The concept of legendary weapons is to be the ultimate we can get in the game. They are "exceptional". They bring something more than the rest. They come as an "extraordinary" reward after long and hard work. There is nothing above them.We need to "suffer" to deserve them and I would like it to remain this way. Otherwise, then what? Just normal weapons that everybody can get as soon as enough gold has been farmed? That's no more legendary weapons then. That's just weapons.

All games need to have something that is above all the rest, hard to get, and that not everybody will be able to reach. In GW2, that's the legendary weapons. And honestly, compared to how was the game at earlier times, it has become a lot easier and rapid to obtain one.

What I find good in this concept is that nobody is spoiled, because the ascended weapons have same stats than the legendary weapons. So, we cannot complain that legendary gives an advantage in fight compared to non-legendary weapons.Compared to ascended, the legendary weapons only add the cost free stats swapping, special skin and visual effects. No higher stats. And what I find also real good with the legendary weapons is that gold alone does not make it. To be rich inside the game helps going faster maybe, but it does not spare the work to be done, since many of the collection items and items to be crafted are account bound. Everybody has to do the same work, what is good. :)

For me personally, if legendary weapons should sometime be put on TP, killing the exceptional side of them, it would be important to have something to replace them.

Archived