Can we have legendary weapons gen2 in TP

They should never add Gen 2 legendaries to the TP, or legendary armor. When you see someone with a gen 2 weapon, you KNOW that they must be a fairly solid player to have made that, because there is absolutely no other way they could've done it. When I see someone with raid armor, I by default know they're an experienced PvE player. Same with the PvP backpack, and the WvW backpack. It's highly unlikely that someone will put that much time and effort into a specific game mode and NOT become proficient in it. I used to think crafting gen 2 legendaries was an enormous task, until I made my first one (Nevermore). Gen 2 legendaries are even easier to make than gen 1, just getting all the masteries unlocked is the hard part. I now have almost every single gen 2 legendary out, and from the day I decide to make one to the day I finish it is usually less than 20 hours play time.

TL;DR- Gen 2 legendaries are not hard to make. Stop being lazy.

You cant assume that someone with a legendary weapon actually made it.It just means that someone with access to that account made it.eg a parent could make legendary weapons for their children, but what you see is the child playing on their own account, but the child didnt make the weapon.

Not sure why people are arguing this. It's not going to happen, ever. T2 legendary weapons, which are limited to 1 precursor per account, and T2.5 legendaries, as well as ANY legendary item added into the game since T1 legendaries have been account bound. Even T1 legendaries were initially not trade-able and I'm not sure the devs are happy with their decision to make them trade-able, can't back out of that now though.

Let the topic die, it makes 0 sense to argue over something which simply will not happen. This is not one of those decisions where changing the status quo nets the devs ANY benefits. Part of the player base will get offended. As such, remaining with the status quo is and will remain the only sensible approach.

@"Neural.1824" said:No.

If you want a gen2. Do the collections/events/etc. Gen1 never should have been unbound as well. There is nothing "legendary" in any way about using your credit card.

I can piggy back off that as well as saying there is nothing legendary about spending absurd amounts of time getting everything manually. I would just rather use my legendary job to help me obtain what I want. I am not just talking weapons here I would like to see armor as well.

Right now its about my priorities its either craft legendries or play with my friends with what little time I have. I'm going to choose playing with friends every time. It would be nice If I didn't have to make that decision.

I find it funny how people want others to experience what they went through to get where they are. If the shoe were on the other foot and I was retired and had all the time to put toward doing such tasks I know my feelings would not change on the matter. If someone makes something in the game they should be allowed to sell it. Sure the mark up may be great but they should still be able to set the price.

@Excursion.9752 said:

If you want a gen2. Do the collections/events/etc. Gen1 never should have been unbound as well. There is
nothing
"legendary" in any way about using your credit card.

I can piggy back off that as well as saying there is nothing legendary about spending absurd amounts of time getting everything manually. I would just rather use my legendary job to help me obtain what I want. I am not just talking weapons here I would like to see armor as well.

Right now its about my priorities its either craft legendries or play with my friends with what little time I have. I'm going to choose playing with friends every time. It would be nice If I didn't have to make that decision.

I find it funny how people want others to experience what they went through to get where they are. If the shoe were on the other foot and I was retired and had all the time to put toward doing such tasks I know my feelings would not change on the matter. If someone makes something in the game they should be allowed to sell it. Sure the mark up may be great but they should still be able to set the price.

You can, all T1 legendaries are available on the TP. Raid kills can be bought. You can literally get all the legendaries you want and since you said it's not about the skins, you should be fine.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

If you want a gen2. Do the collections/events/etc. Gen1 never should have been unbound as well. There is
nothing

You can, all T1 legendaries are available on the TP. Raid kills can be bought. You can literally get all the legendaries you want and since you said it's not about the skins, you should be fine.Tried this and it was not worth my time. Most raid purchases require you to wait or come back after they find enough people to fill all their orders for the day. Still not worth my time.

@Excursion.9752 said:

nothing

You can, all T1 legendaries are available on the TP. Raid kills can be bought. You can literally get all the legendaries you want and since you said it's not about the skins, you should be fine.Tried this and it was not worth my time. Most raid purchases require you to wait or come back after they find enough people to fill all their orders for the day. Still not worth my time.

Well your legendary job can't get you these skins I'm afraid.With the little time you have spend 1~2 hours everyday setting yourself a goal to get anything you want and stop giving yourself excuses.I crafted HOPE & HMS with the little time I had, took me a long time but it was worth it at the end.Right now working in Nevermore & Ipos and guess what I'm making progress.

And I bet I'm not the only one who don't have much time to play everyday and do it with the little time we have.Legendary weapons are prestiges items and should be earned not bought. Sorry if you don't like it but welcome to the MMO world :\

@InvaGir.9158 said:

nothing

Well your legendary job can't get you these skins I'm afraid.With the little time you have spend 1~2 hours everyday setting yourself a goal to get anything you want and stop giving yourself excuses.I crafted HOPE & HMS with the little time I had, took me a long time but it was worth it at the end.Right now working in Nevermore & Ipos and guess what I'm making progress.

And I bet I'm not the only one who don't have much time to play everyday and do it with the little time we have.Legendary weapons are prestiges items and should be earned not bought. Sorry if you don't like it but welcome to the MMO world :\

I am not complaining that I am not able to get them. I am simply saying they should be available on the trading post. Skins are a dime a dozen and again I will say its about the stat changing not the skin. If anet does not want my money and another gold sink for the game so be it no "skin" off my back, see what I did there, I get plenty of ascended items via drops anyhow. It would just be much nicer if I could just change the stats.

Prestige is just another word for Elite. Prestige World Wide!

Anyways I can only say the same thing so many different ways. Everyone that feel legendries make them elite will keep saying the same thing so basically no point in arguing over something that nobody has control over. If anet wants my money they know what they can do.

@Excursion.9752 said:

nothing

I am not complaining that I am not able to get them. I am simply saying they should be available on the trading post. Skins are a dime a dozen and again I will say its about the stat changing not the skin. If anet does not want my money and another gold sink for the game so be it no "skin" off my back, see what I did there, I get plenty of ascended items via drops anyhow. It would just be much nicer if I could just change the stats.

Anyways I can only say the same thing so many different ways. Everyone that feel legendries make them elite will keep saying the same thing so basically no point in arguing over something that nobody has control over. If anet wants my money they know what they can do.

So buy T1s. You again said it's not about the skin. Beside the skin there is literally no difference between T1 and T2 legendary weapons in functionality.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

nothing

So buy T1s. You again said it's not about the skin. Beside the skin there is literally no difference between T1 and T2 legendary weapons in functionality.

^ This!

if its nothing but a free endless stat swap to you then purchase the 1th gen weapons from the TP and you basically accomplished your goal.Or just craft multiple ascended weapons(which take no effort to craft at all)But obviously you want the skin otherwise you wouldn't argue after a few fine players in this community given you suggestions to buy the 1th generation from the trading post that are available to everyone and are very cheap.

Legendary weapons are prestige items whether some people like it or not, if you want it just work for it.

@Excursion.9752 said:

nothing

I am not complaining that I am not able to get them. I am simply saying they should be available on the trading post. Skins are a dime a dozen and
again I will say its about the stat changing not the skin.
If anet does not want my money and another gold sink for the game so be it no "skin" off my back, see what I did there, I get plenty of ascended items via drops anyhow. It would just be much nicer if I could just change the stats.

Your argument makes no sense. You say it’s about the stat swap ability and not the skin then try to argue that the new Legendaries need to be added to the Trading Post because..... because why if you don’t want the skin???

If it’s about the stat changing and not the skin then buy Gen1 Legendaries from the trading post and you will have a weapon with stat swapping ability and you change it to a skin you like from your wardrobe.

@InvaGir.9158 said:

nothing

^ This!

if its nothing but a free endless stat swap to you then purchase the 1th gen weapons from the TP and you basically accomplished your goal.Or just craft multiple ascended weapons(which take no effort to craft at all)But obviously you want the skin otherwise you wouldn't argue after a few fine players in this community given you suggestions to buy the 1th generation from the trading post that are available to everyone and are very cheap.

Legendary weapons are prestige items whether some people like it or not, if you want it just work for it.

Its not the same poster as the OP this guy want legendary armor witch is what he brought in to derail the thread.To Excursion.9752 if this is what you want get your friends to play spvp or wvw with you and earn the stat swap armor that way no raids needed.

@"maxan.7836" said:On character head bar - Big star I made this - Little star I bought this - Oh- Did you buy what others have farmed and put on TP- Just thought - ;)

This is a compromise I have wanted for a long time.

I have several generation 1 legendary weapons, each of which I crafted (most of which I also crafted the precursor), because I enjoy crafting, and I have done the collections, events, etc. required to get the necessary components. The prestige of such things is simply destroyed by the fact that any 13yr old with his dads Mastercard can just drop the cash and buy one.In the realm of a game where the "end game" is cosmetics, that, in my opinion, would qualify as "pay to win" (again, stressing that if the end game is cosmetics, having the best skins, etc. would be the "winning").If they want to put all the legendaries on the TP, I wouldn't complain, so long as taking the crafting path nets you a title as proof that you did.

Alright alright alright. How about a compromise. If you make it (which you have to do with gen2) you can then unlock a recipe to craft it again for yourself. So I can HAVE both Chuka's on my Soulbeast, Bifrost on my Scourge and Guardian, Astralaria on my Soulbeast, Scourge and Mirage, and once I finish, Shining blade on my Soulbeast, weaver and chrono.

And It'd be fine to have the recipe be just as material's gated as a gen2.5. Same with armor. I make the first set the regular way, the sets after that just require materials, not LI or Tickets or whatnot. Still not tradable, still have to do the first version the regular way.

@Etria.3642 said:Alright alright alright. How about a compromise. If you make it (which you have to do with gen2) you can then unlock a recipe to craft it again for yourself. So I can HAVE both Chuka's on my Soulbeast, Bifrost on my Scourge and Guardian, Astralaria on my Soulbeast, Scourge and Mirage, and once I finish, Shining blade on my Soulbeast, weaver and chrono.

Not needed. Once you have the skin unlocked you can simply craft a T1 legendary and reskin it to T2.

@Etria.3642 said:And It'd be fine to have the recipe be just as material's gated as a gen2.5. Same with armor. I make the first set the regular way, the sets after that just require materials, not LI or Tickets or whatnot. Still not tradable, still have to do the first version the regular way.

Armor is balanced around the LI time gate. Or in case of Spvp and WvW around the respective time gates of those game modes.

You can already reduce the required time for any legendary significantly by buying most of the gold dependant materials.

Why would anyone go through all that massive amount of hassle/expense to get these ugly/goofy looking "legendary" weapons only to sell them on the TP...and, even if they did, what would they charge for all that massive amount of effort? 4,000-5,000 gp? HA! Not going to happen. As for me, I am perfectly content crafting ascended gear and acquiring weapons skins for them on the TP, from heart vendors, or from BL chests.

Archived