How long until Warkitty fix?

sephiroth.4217

I just want to know how long until Warkitty is fixed?By fixed I mean allowing for soft CCs and hard CCs to work such as Cripple and Stun.

Currently the warkitty is basically an extra health pool with immunity to CC, has the same amount of dodges as a paid elite spec and travels faster than everything else.

It is not about movement only as it clearly gives several advantages to the player using one...Would you release a Mount that could teleport through raid wings and be immune to mechanics?How about a mount that can cap points in sPvP and also rotate to Lord for instagib wins?

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? so why release a mount with immunity to player abilities in an open world pvp area? why give it a paid elite with the 3 dodges?

please fix it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would prefer that they add in a "traps & tricks" item that allows for instant dismounting, but yes consumes supply like all the others.

Black Desert Online did it in regards to mounts, otherwise people would just blow by you and not get engaged in open world PvP. Specifically they used Muskets and Stun Traps, both of which knock the horse down and send the player flying off the saddle. If something similar were added into WvW then that I would be all for that since it would significantly cut down on the "Warclaw Mating Dance" as I like to call it, where you and the other player/players just run around encircling each other until one dismounts.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:It's fine. Learn the new mechanic.

Learn what mechanic?Did you even read the thread lol

Yeah I read this thread, the first 10 times it was created. Now I just generic response for a generic thread.

This is the first time Ive created this thread?But thankyou for your generic response, I thought as much but wasn't sure.

Its just a handicap for PvE-lads to not get engaged in fights and instead do some soft loli breathing PvE stuff like capping not defended camps.On the other hand i really have fun times when I see "big bois" with PvP backpack or even PvP titles that just keep running on their little kitty mount, avoid any fights (and by fights I mean 1v1s, not some 3v1s ganking) and focus on PvE stuff like ^capping camps. When they see enemy approaching they simply use mount, leave camp and dodge away (PvE mission failed, abandon the ship).Great update ANet, instead of Open World PvP we have now Open World Comedy. Well, its still in better place than WoW PvP atm tho, lol.

@Trajan.4953 said:Improvise adapt and overcome, it will be fine I promise you, I understand everyone hates change but in the same breath they all want change. This is change

I dont mind change, in fact, Anthem has been quite fun despite its flaws.

I have had a better time being disconnected from my Anthem games and losing loot over it than I have had with warkittty lol

@"Widmo.3186" said:Its just a handicap for PvE-lads to not get engaged in fights and instead do some soft loli breathing PvE stuff like capping not defended camps.On the other hand i really have fun times when I see "big bois" with PvP backpack or even PvP titles that just keep running on their little kitty mount, avoid any fights (and by fights I mean 1v1s, not some 3v1s ganking) and focus on PvE stuff like ^capping camps. When they see enemy approaching they simply use mount, leave camp and dodge away (PvE mission failed, abandon the ship).Great update ANet, instead of Open World PvP we have now Open World Comedy. Well, its still in better place than WoW PvP atm tho, lol.

The game mode is, was and always has been PvPvE not PvP. PvPvE has existed in MMOs for as long as there have been MMOs. That some players confuse the mode with PvP (or indeed with PvE) is not a failure of design, it's a failure of comprehension.

@Tiny Doom.4380 said:

@"Widmo.3186" said:Its just a handicap for PvE-lads to not get engaged in fights and instead do some
soft loli breathing
PvE stuff like capping not defended camps.On the other hand i really have fun times when I see "big bois" with PvP backpack or even PvP titles that just keep running on their little kitty mount, avoid any fights (and by fights I mean 1v1s, not some 3v1s ganking) and focus on PvE stuff like ^capping camps. When they see enemy approaching they simply use mount, leave camp and dodge away (PvE mission failed, abandon the ship).Great update ANet, instead of Open World PvP we have now Open World Comedy. Well, its still in better place than WoW PvP atm tho, lol.

The game mode is, was and always has been PvPvE not PvP. PvPvE has existed in MMOs for as long as there have been MMOs. That some players confuse the mode with PvP (or indeed with PvE) is not a failure of design, it's a failure of comprehension.

I do agree, never said it was other way. But as you said, its PVPve, so lets dont cut from that shortcut „PvP” by mount poorly designed escape :)

@sephiroth.4217 said:I just want to know how long until Warkitty is fixed?By fixed I mean allowing for soft CCs and hard CCs to work such as Cripple and Stun.

Currently the warkitty is basically an extra health pool with immunity to CC, has the same amount of dodges as a paid elite spec and travels faster than everything else.

It is not about movement only as it clearly gives several advantages to the player using one...Would you release a Mount that could teleport through raid wings and be immune to mechanics?How about a mount that can cap points in sPvP and also rotate to Lord for instagib wins?

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? so why release a mount with immunity to player abilities in an open world pvp area? why give it a paid elite with the 3 dodges?

please fix it.

To answer this question we should look at the circumstances the WarCat was released and the purpose of it.

The purpose of this ... change was to bring more money to ANet. Even from the devs statements when asked we cannot see a real player oriented reason. They introduced the WarCat because they wanted a change. The fact that the mount is available in PvE too makes the real reason even clearer. Money for Anet by selling skins.Is this achieved? YES. The mount is in game, the skins are in the Gem Store, the players ..... are still in game.

What circumstances? ANet was in a full process of mimicking work on GW2, concerned only to create the illusion of work while (almost) all the work force was involved in other (not documented for the public) projects. They wanted something to support ANet (and not something useful for GW2), possible with a minimal team involved and to keep the appearance of work on GW2. Was this goal achieved? YES.

So, after looking at this, my opinion is that we will never see a fix for WarCat (or we will see one in 3-4 years - like the fix for blood ruby drop rate). Because all the goals for this change were achieved - no more effort is needed.

@Justine.6351 said:

Yeah I read this thread, the first 10 times it was created. Now I just generic response for a generic thread.

I don't even bother anymore man. WvW is no longer World vs World these days, but instead Whining vs Warclaw. Roamers went from being toxic in game to just being toxic on the forums lol. I won't even waste time reading the incendiary responses forthcoming to this post, as I don't have the energy for e-tantrums these days.

Maybe they should all march in the streets wearing Warclaw hats on their heads? I hear those kinds of activities yield results.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

This is the first time Ive created this thread?But thankyou for your generic response, I thought as much but wasn't sure.

This may be the first thread you created about it but it's the umpteenth thread about the same subject matter...

Still on the fence here. I thought it would be impacted by CC when pre-announced and then questioned when it didn't. In that time though the time to fight has greatly decreased. Seen more people on both sides of the fight be able to get back to the fight much faster. Enough so I question the idea that dead should be able to be revived at all even more than before. Play both condi and power builds and it is easier to take down a rider on condi even if you have to follow for a bit so there might need to be some balance on the power side. The question is CC, reduce HP or add some mechanic about hitting it with criticals slow it. Still adapting tactics personally and finding more ways to employ it in a havoc/roamer toolkit, its definitely opened more build options on alts that were run speed challenged while still granting people with run speed more opportunities to evade while dismounted so you now have to weigh and measure that in your builds.

Archived