The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” is coming to Guild Wars 2 next month! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Living World Season 4 finale, “War Eternal,” is coming to Guild Wars 2 next month!

Take a peek at some of the features in the video above, and stay tuned for more details in the coming days.

Stéphane Lo Presti
Content Marketing Manager

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nice Greatsword. Looking forward to the release.
    Thanks for the Blog post, and forum post. =)

• I look forward to that new mount but I don't know how to feel about that new greatsword ...

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely worth waiting and gathering all the materials for such an amazing legendary GS!

Seek, and you shall find.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

That...is a nice greatsword.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Get enough purple on that armour and you may as well call it the Branded Armour lel

Doubt I'm getting that legendary sword anytime soon, I don't even have ascended gear yet. As for the mount, something tells me that's another 250G or so for it. Gonna be busy with Metas all week lel

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I expected a lot, but a mesmer-y GS was not one of those things! I don't mind though. Animations look gorgeous and even though it won't fit with the character that is going to use it I will cherish it and make it work.

New armor set is amazing too. That will look really good depending on dye channels.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

The video is restricted?
    Edit: their entire YouTube channel is disabled??
    What's going on anet??

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Elric.4713Elric.4713 Member ✭✭✭

I'm glad that the heavy "Mist Shard" helm covers up the eyes!

Legendary Ritualist Stance - Invoke the power of the legendary ritualist Master Togo.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Definitely a whacko looking greatsword.

• @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    The video is restricted?
    What's going on anet??

Not sure what you mean by channel disabled. The comment section is disabled and the video is unlisted, that's about it.

edited April 30, 2019

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    The video is restricted?
    What's going on anet??

Not sure what you mean by channel disabled. The comment section is disabled and the video is unlisted, that's about it.

Their entire channel can't be found on YouTube when searching directly, nor any specific video.
    When i load any trailer from the subscriptions list, it says the video is restricted.
    And when i link to their channel from there, it says their channel is disabled.

Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

EXORDIUM!
    What do you mean exactly? >.>
    Now this question gonna eat me up.
    Thank you for giving us teaser. I know exactly what I'm doing till episode arrives.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    The video is restricted?
    What's going on anet??

Their entire channel can't be found on YouTube when searching directly.
    When i load any trailer from the subscriptions video, it says the video is restricted.

Try changing your Youtube location. Top right drop down menu, second to last option. Might be some weird localization issue on your/their/youtubes end

My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    The video is restricted?
    What's going on anet??

When i load any trailer from the subscriptions video, it says the video is restricted.

Try changing your Youtube location. Top right drop down menu, second to last option. Might be some weird localization issue on your/their/youtubes end

Really weird, I'll just try again later.
    Can't find the settings that might relate to this.
    I'm in the Netherlands. Don't think they have any issues with localization

..jormag? Who's that?

• PlagueParade.7942PlagueParade.7942 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

I'll be making the gs before even playing the episode! So I can use it while playing the episode!

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    I expected a lot, but a mesmer-y GS was not one of those things!

To me it looks more like a Glint crystal-dragon inspired Greatsword. If it were Mesmer-y, it would look a lot different. I guess you got that impression due to a Mesmer using it and the after effects when being stowed and pulled out. I do love it's look, though. For once, a greatsword that isn't Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity. One I actually want.

edited April 30, 2019

@Kanok.3027 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:
    I expected a lot, but a mesmer-y GS was not one of those things!

To me it looks more like a Glint crystal-dragon inspired Greatsword. If it were Mesmer-y, it would look a lot different. I guess you got that impression due to a Mesmer using it and the after effects when being stowed and pulled out. I do love it's look, though. For once, a greatsword that isn't Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity. One I actually want.

The Shining Blade is also very mesmer-y. It's just the purple and overall very magical effects. Maybe the butterflies only happen because they are a mesmer? I don't have one myself. It's when they stow the weapon.

• Gathered everything for it, Reaper main. Unsure.

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    The Shining Blade is also very mesmer-y. It's just the purple and overall very magical effects. Maybe the butterflies only happen because they are a mesmer? I don't have one myself.

I'm working on The Shining Blade myself and yeah, that can be considering a Mesmer-y sword, but I love that one too. Gonna use it for my Rev and Holo. Yes.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

It's clearly glint's weapon, check on high res for crystals and drawing effect. It's blue not puple.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Jojo.6140Jojo.6140 Member ✭✭✭

The biggest question that this video raised for me: Why is there a group of Charrs floating on skimmers around a golden waypoint?

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭

I don't have an interest in making legendary weapons, but I have to say - that sword looks really cool! The armor, too...now I'm curious how it looks on a male character. Light armor (I assume the last set is light armor) especially looks great. Thanks for the teaser! :D

also, that beautiful music...

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

The medium armor helm looks fantastic.

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭

gggg...rrreatsword... GIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

Top level trailer, if the map shown is the new map, it looks like an archipelago or a coastal map. And VERY NICE ARMORS.
    0:24 holographic ground, asuran technology? Welp very intriguing as a trailer (in a good way) great job done here!

Very impatient to discover the new map but seems very cool all that water and verticality....
    Impossible to be in charr lands for me, clearly coastal: I'm hesitating between 3 locations:

1- South-east of rata sum
    2- South-east of mount maelstrom near desert highlands
    3- South-east of Domain of Istan Archipelago

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not gonna lie, u've been killing it with how many armors we've been getting post pof.

• Pirindolo.9427Pirindolo.9427 Member ✭✭✭

I dislike the GS, It looks like a bigger and less detailed version of the shining blade. It looks more like a toy than a wepon to my eyes. But I am no fan of GS as a weapon, so np. Mount is awesome, though.

• @zealex.9410 said:
    Not gonna lie, u've been killing it with how many armors we've been getting post pof.

I was just thinking we have seen a lot of armor skins these past 12 or so months.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭

PLZZZZ anet... i need this greatsword in my life.....i waited my whole life for this

even the name is BEAUTIFUL.... EXORDIUUUUM the best name since NEVERMORE... i neeeed it... i can't sleep

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

edited April 30, 2019

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

I was just thinking we have seen a lot of armor skins these past 12 or so months.

We've gotten around 3 armorset from lw this season alone.

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:

Seems community feedback works sometimes. And it's not just armors, I'm noticing an increase on new weapon skins earned in-game too. A good sign.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Seems community feedback works sometimes. And it's not just armors, I'm noticing an increase on new weapon skins earned in-game too. A good sign.

True, still these dont excuse an otherwise poor season and a meh schedule.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh phooey I just started on Aurora.
    back to the gathering then.

• Arkantos.7460Arkantos.7460 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

are there 2 different versions of mist shard armour ... looks different, one with no buttcape XD yay
    btw the greatsword looks a bit ugly

@Arkantos.7460 said:
    are there 2 different versions of mist shard armour ... looks different, one with no buttcape XD yay

The male sylvari showing off the new greatsword seems to be wearing a "plain" version of the light Mist Shard armor, so presumably there are two different versions - one with the glowy shards, and one without. (I hope I'm not just seeing that wrong.)

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

No legendary accessory reveal? I am sad

@Batel.9206 said:
    The male sylvari showing off the new greatsword seems to be wearing a "plain" version of the light Mist Shard armor, so presumably there are two different versions - one with the glowy shards, and one without. (I hope I'm not just seeing that wrong.)

It seems like most of the new armor sets in LS4 have come with an upgraded version, so I wouldn't be surprised if glowing version was an upgraded version.

• blackheartgary.8605blackheartgary.8605 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

@hugo.4705 said:
    Top level trailer, if the map shown is the new map, it looks like an archipelago or a coastal map. And VERY NICE ARMORS.
    0:24 holographic ground, asuran technology? Welp very intriguing as a trailer (in a good way) great job done here!

Very impatient to discover the new map but seems very cool all that water and verticality....
    Impossible to be in charr lands for me, clearly coastal: I'm hesitating between 3 locations:

would number 3 be considered the Issnur Isles?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Issnur_Isles

• Looking forward to the mount and the armor set but that greatsword... did a rainbow puke on it or what happened?

• @Angoril.2179 said:
    Looking forward to the mount and the armor set but that greatsword... did a rainbow puke on it or what happened?

I suppose that's what happened to the Bifrost; I don't exactly see that with the new GS. Tbh, I think I like this new GS a tiny bit more than the other ones :O

• Crackmonster.2790Crackmonster.2790 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

[moderator edit] lol, not sure which i find more amazing. Mount, i think mount.

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:

Honestly it looks more like we are going east of Elon riverland. There is some greenish area with some coast-like environment, not too far away from branded mountains.

At some point in the past they also updated the map design to include dzalana areas, it might be a good idea to finally go there as a transition episode for season 5.

And who knows, looking at the proximity to PoF guild hall, it might even be possible to just go through a portal to reach the new map.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    The video is restricted?
    What's going on anet??

Really weird, I'll just try again later.
    Can't find the settings that might relate to this.
    I'm in the Netherlands. Don't think they have any issues with localization

I have no issue getting their youtube channel (Guild Wars 2) to show (via either Google as inside Youtube search) and I'm from The Netherlands as well. The latest visible video is a Let's Play from 6 days ago. The current video is indeed in "hidden" status but visible fromout the post of Stephane. So it may be something on your end with some settings or the likes.

• Is that a new Sylvari hair style at the 30 second mark?

• now I am a lot less grumpy.

The GS looks sweet - wish I could use it on ele.

What else? Hm, no 'commander' and lots of sylvari puzzled

@Flaming.4250 said:
    Is that a new Sylvari hair style at the 30 second mark?

Looks like this one, just colored purple. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Exclusivehair-sylvarimale10.jpg

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019

That greatsword looks like they just did a marginal remodel of The Shining Blade and Eclipse from the design a weapon contest winner then added a few extra effects. Not what I was expecting for the gen 2 legendary that took about 3 1/2 years to get to since HoT was released. Then again it doesn't have to appeal to me. I imagine many will love it.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

No WP vid yet?

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• cNd.1096cNd.1096 Member ✭✭✭

I'm so disappointed with new GS, it doesnt look legendary to me..

• melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭

greatsword is too simmilar with the legendary sword shining blade for my taste

• DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭

I'm excited for the Dragon mount, and of course the new episode it's self. I'm also very interested in what the map may be.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.