WvW Portable canon

Titan.3472

Why we have never had the poll regarding introduction of the portable canon blueprint in wvw after the testing period? I enjoyed it so much and it's complementary tool to any sieging up a structure for FUN. Do Anet plan to release it soon finally please ? Thanks for the answer. xD

I thought it was weird we never had an up/down vote like with the repair hammers. I thought the portable cannons were overpowered for being able to place them, but that could have been adjusted to make them weaker than their objective walls counterparts.

At the end of the day, there was a vocal population that was adamant about wvw needing to focus on combat and not gimmicky stuff like cannons or hammers, and that ended those experiments. I'm on the fence, things like cannons could have added variety, but could also have eliminated some methods of group combat.

Cannons were poorly implemented as they were, buggy and incredibly overpowered - Adding more defensive capabilities to structures in an already incredibly defense-tilted game mode since the introduction of WvW tactics. My guess is that the effort to balance and fix cannons would've been more time than their potential benefit was worth from the dev team, so they didn't even bother polling.

@Caedmon.6798 said:No one liked it,it was the dumbest thing they ever introduced.Besides golem week.

False.Alot of us liked it. I liked it. I hated the idea of it when it was announced.....but after giving it enough of a chance I proved myself wrong. It was a great addition. The fact this thread even exists is proof enough you are wrong.

It was no different from the desert bl tho, a minority of noisy people took to social media cause they viewed such an addition as an attack on the fight scene. Most people who advocated against it never gave it a fair chance much less even tried it. They just wanted to support their leaders and were there for the rabbling.

It still confounds me why people who dont even use seige feel they have a right to tell us how it should be balanced. But the onus is ultimately on the developers for letting it be decided by popular opinion rather than logical argument. The supposed democracy era of wvsw additions certainly gave insight as to how giving the community the final say shot down all new additions and fixes. The community just wanted to complain about the mode being unbalanced and bland and in need of new content in the end....they never really wanted a solution. To this day, they would not recognize the solution even if anet handed it to them. Change scares them too much to go along with it. They need to be forced.

@Cerby.1069 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:No one liked it,it was the dumbest thing they ever introduced.Besides golem week.

False.Alot of us liked it. I liked it. I hated the idea of it when it was announced.....but after giving it enough of a chance I proved myself wrong. It was a great addition. The fact this thread even exists is proof enough you are wrong.

It was no different from the desert bl tho, a minority of noisy people took to social media cause they viewed such an addition as an attack on the fight scene. Most people who advocated against it never gave it a fair chance much less even tried it. They just wanted to support their leaders and were there for the rabbling.

It still confounds me why people who dont even use seige feel they have a right to tell us how it should be balanced. But the onus is ultimately on the developers for letting it be decided by popular opinion rather than logical argument. The supposed democracy era of wvsw additions certainly gave insight as to how giving the community the final say shot down all new additions and fixes. The community just wanted to complain about the mode being unbalanced and bland and in need of new content in the end....they never really wanted a solution. To this day, they would not recognize the solution even if anet handed it to them. Change scares them too much to go along with it. They need to be forced.

Let me rephrase since you take it so serious,"The majority did not like it" hence it got removed.It was a cluster fuck of people throwing cannons at the dumbest situations also in blobvblob where you cant control who builds what if u have a few idiots around.Theres enough siege ingame,it was a horrible add.

Yeah, I liked the cannons too. Looks like "like" is in the majority for this thread today, I wonder where the majority that didn't like them last year ended up?

I think there was a poll for the cannons though, it's hard to remember, but they had a very short trial period before they were pulled. The hammers (short of golem repair) were a bigger loss for defenders though. I honestly wish Anet would re-introduce both items and get fresh opinions on their popularity or lack there of.

Fresh opinions .. i see more and more people coming up to wvw building siege even @ open field fights .. so NO pls no more siege .. or disable for open field or it will end some day in every player in zerg gets his cannon .. zerg1 standing in 3000 range to zerg2 and every player having its own cannon?It is a bit like Golem rush week .. some players enjoyed it .. me was not playing for the whole week

Omega golens are pretty much a portable canon. They are capable to move and do ranged siege dmg. Strong against structures, but no OP agaist player. If they make a movable canon with current canon skills it would be broken because the dmg against player is too high. Imagine 4 canon together doing 20k aoe dmg syncing the shots.

What they could maybe do is make the canon be able to move along the wall. Make it a very slow move of course.

I want Destroyed Walls & Gates Week. All structures lose their walls & gates.I'd even take a 90% wxp/exp/karma cut that week (considering the potential for karma training) in favor of the decreased monotony of prolonged sieges on the same maps's T3 structures in a 5 year old game, and in its place increased fights.

I know. It goes against the nature of the gamemode. So sue me, this game doesn't otherwise have walk-in large scale pvp outside of wvw.

~ Kovu

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:

Let me rephrase since you take it so serious,"The majority did not like it" hence it got removed.It was a cluster kitten of people throwing cannons at the dumbest situations also in blobvblob where you cant control who builds what if u have a few idiots around.Theres enough siege ingame,it was a horrible add.

A minority, however many times they should repeat themselves...is still a minority.

I'll admit it is kinda hard to tell sometimes when, say out of 100 people, you got 20 people yelling the same thing and the other 80 not saying a word.

"there's enough siege ingame" - is a good summation of the argument presented toward removing them.

Some people don't care about balancing siege if the solution is introducing new siege to do it....why these people should be taken seriously in an argument is beyond my understanding :/

WvsWers: Thinking inside the box since 2012

@Titan.3472 said:Why we have never had the poll regarding introduction of the portable canon blueprint in wvw after the testing period? I enjoyed it so much and it's complementary tool to any sieging up a structure for FUN. Do Anet plan to release it soon finally please ? Thanks for the answer. xD

portable cannon is a fail ideea by defaulthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ballista -balista wich is considered long range single target is 3k rangehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arrow_Cart - got 2500 range -aoehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cannon - cannon have 3750 range and hit 50 targets at once, wich will make balista an useless weapon , and more damage than arrow cartsso normaly cannons were designed as a defensive weapon wich can mostly be countered only by catapults or trebsif cannons would be portable the range should be reduced to maximum 1200 range , and the aoe to 25% of current aoe, in order to don;t be imbalanced

Archived