[SUGESTION] Should the Anet add wedding system?? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[SUGESTION] Should the Anet add wedding system??

Anet should make a weddings system, it would make things in my opinion better for Casual and Hardcore Players. Going into a Raid Lobby or to Divinity Reach and seeing an edate couple makes me so sad. It's really discouraging and just makes me wanna have a break from playing the game. I met my wife online through MU Origin (she was my group leader) and after listening to her bark raid orders to me for so many years well eventually a relationship grew from friendship to something more. She moved to me and we just bought our first house together. I don't see this as any different than meeting someone at a bar or whatever, people lie there too. Just a little easier to tell someone's gender! Anyways, I did my eternal bonding ceremony with my best friend though not my wife because of the rings. They are really the best feature. Please think about the people who play the game and don't have any way of express their devotion in it. This is what the game REALLY need at this moment.

<1

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Resources for a wedding system?

Give match.com or farmersonly a call....

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can you explain what you're asking for in more detail, for people who haven't played MU Origin? You said the rings are the best feature - do they do anything? Is there any difference to exchanging two tradable rings in GW2?

If players want to have a wedding ceremony, either for their characters or themselves, that's already possible, but I assume you're asking for something more than just getting together with friends and holding a ceremony - presumable some game mechanics that give you a bonus or something as a result of marrying another player?

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

There is a place in Lions Arch for "Marriages" - Deverol Gardens they even have a Consortium Florist if you don't have roses. They will go well with Wedding Attire Outfit. I don't think much more needs to be added than what we already have. It is just make believe after all anyhow.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• If you want to rollplay weddings use [Deverol Gardens] in Lion’s Arch. It even has a [Florist] that sells roses

According to an interview with Ree Soesbee, this area was designed to give players a place to hold weddings or other important events.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Deverol_Gardens.jpg

I have never seen anyone using it so perhaps weddings aren’t a feature that’s important to many people.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• I like all possible in game fluff and could use a marriage system to have some of my characters on different accounts get married.
    The only thing I care about is romance. <3

let the sky fall

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

well, the good news for u, the bouquet of roses became a gizmo/novelty.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bouquet_of_Roses

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

• I could use a marriage system to have some of my characters on different accounts get married. My accounts could then have community property and I could transfer account bound items from my alt accounts to my main account, especially if the system allows multiple marriages.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    If you want to rollplay weddings use [Deverol Gardens] in Lion’s Arch. It even has a [Florist] that sells roses

According to an interview with Ree Soesbee, this area was designed to give players a place to hold weddings or other important events.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Deverol_Gardens.jpg

I have never seen anyone using it so perhaps weddings aren’t a feature that’s important to many people.

I know a few people who have had role-play weddings for their characters (meaning it's strictly the characters getting married and not the players) and they've chosen to do it in more out of the way places, or (since they were added) in guild halls, because it reduces the risk of random people or trolls jumping around or spamming skills in the middle of the ceremony.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd need to marry my alt account, plus a couple other guildies - one female who wears the trousers, and another male who has a smashing body. Actually, there's another guy that I'd need to add in for the insurance. (He's a doctor so he can afford to foot the bill for all of us. His other hobbies are cheap.)

Do you suppose ANet would be up for supporting a 5-way relationship?

• @Traced.3495 said:
    I like all possible in game fluff and could use a marriage system to have some of my characters on different accounts get married.
    The only thing I care about is romance. <3

"romance" is a human-centric notion... imagine if an asura wants to marry a charr... not nice.

• Wellllllll. I once played an MMO where you could form a lovers relationship where you had exp boosts, and got lover tokens time to time that could be spent on nice things. Then there was a private chat between the two of you, the Pillow Talk. If we could have a Lovers thing in our Player/LFG window Y that keeps tabs on how long you're together for and rewards anniversaries would be neat. If we had an experience/magic find/karma boost being in party with each other would be neat. Maybe every ___ amount of time the boost goes up a bit more.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe use the forum search function to look up wedding, marriage and such. This topic has been discussed already.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• knomslayer.9457knomslayer.9457 Member ✭✭✭

Yes i whole hearted ly agree with op. Yes to wedding please make it happen. I want to marry Marjory Delaqua to make Kasmeer Jealous. And marry Queen Jennah too so i can become a King ;)

• @Perisemiotics.4579 said:

"romance" is a human-centric notion... imagine if an asura wants to marry a charr... not nice.

Hmm... pretty interesting, I didn't consider that before. Could be a nice idea...
    /plans for a new side story

let the sky fall

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019

I dunno.... something as complicated as some of the current events stuff? or the home instance garden .... a collection and some set of rules... earning a pair of rings that did something silly like a 5% magic buff when within 100 meters of each other or even making said rings visible?
    Toss it in the gem store..... 800g. Let the people who want the system and others like it pay for it themselves. Give the option of a small icon like the PvP icon that can be toggled?
    I wouldnt buy it personally, but we get little subsytems and temporary content a couple times a year... I think it's a harmless idea that enough people would buy into... at least enough to cover the cost, if not enough to actually prove or disprove the idea of monetizing other ideas like it.

shrugs... why not?
    I've heard WAY worse ideas get applause.

• knomslayer.9457knomslayer.9457 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashen.2907 said:

@jpmc.6278 said:
    Please think about the people who play the game and don't have any way of express their devotion in it.

Everyone has a way to express their devotion in game. Chat. Words. Telling someone how much they mean to you.

This is what the game REALLY need at this moment.

Nope.

I Agree, but you're wrong and i tell you why youre wrong without offending you or anyone elses opinion. This is my sincere honest view of these particular subject without condemning you or other people's view of these particular subject I believe, based on my experience it is important to feel sympathetic on other people's opinions. So this is why i disagree with you on these subject because this game could use a wedding system.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@knomslayer.9457 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@jpmc.6278 said:
    Please think about the people who play the game and don't have any way of express their devotion in it.

Everyone has a way to express their devotion in game. Chat. Words. Telling someone how much they mean to you.

This is what the game REALLY need at this moment.

Nope.

I Agree, but you're wrong and i tell you why youre wrong without offending you or anyone elses opinion. This is my sincere honest view of these particular subject without condemning you or other people's view of these particular subject I believe, based on my experience it is important to feel sympathetic on other people's opinions. So this is why i disagree with you on these subject because this game could use a wedding system.

"Could use," and, "REALLY need," are two very different things.

Nothing you said there contradicts what I said so I do not see how you have told me how I am wrong.

To reiterate:

1) Everyone does have access to a way to express their devotion in game.

2) The game does not, "REALLY need," a wedding system.

Personally I am not opposed to the idea so long as it does not consume resources that would otherwise be spent on playable content and could be effectively monetized.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MetalGirl.2370 said:
    would it cost 50 gold to marry and 5000 to divorce ?

No not 5000 just 90% of everything you own and will earn in the future, if your the high testosterone part of the union.

• ROMANG.1903ROMANG.1903 Member ✭✭✭

@Dami.5046 said:
    no.
    Would rather have a housing area.

I'd love to have something in the small streets of Lion's Arch near the north end of the bridge! What about having a choice of locations?

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@Dami.5046 said:
    no.
    Would rather have a housing area.

I'd love to have something in the small streets of Lion's Arch near the north end of the bridge! What about having a choice of locations?

you know, i have warmed to this housing thing. There are many locations!

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd rather have them spend resources on something else.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

How would marriage work? Would it be character bound or account bound? If it were account bound, wouldn't it technically be polygamy?

I think getting "officially married" has always been overrated. In some time periods, simply declaring marriage to friends and family was good enough.

• MetalGirl.2370MetalGirl.2370 Member ✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

No not 5000 just 90% of everything you own and will earn in the future, if your the high testosterone part of the union.

are you speaking from experience ?

STOP TELLING ME I'M NOT FORCED TO DO SOMETHING - I AM AN AP HUNTER SO YES, I HAVE TO DO IT
    ....AND GIVE HAIRSTYLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• As much as this feature is cool, I don't think Anet would go down this route. Gemstone 2 a text game had this feature and it was pretty much tinder MMO. So much flirting, cheating, etc.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh hell no, they should concentrate on either expansion or GW3.

• Only if it gives a buff like ESO. 10% extra exp?

Tarnished Coast, North America.
    ♀️ Fashion Wars Lover!

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

are you speaking from experience ?

Happend to my dad.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aspirine.6852 said:

So... skip the wedding and get right to the fun part?

• Zuldari.3940Zuldari.3940 Member ✭✭✭

As others have said there is already stuff for that ingame. Weddings are player created and should stay that way. I remember some big wedding events in wow and in rift all player created. There are plenty of places to go and have a scenic wedding. We have dyes to make you a wedding dress or you can buy one. I rather they concentrate on other matters than weddings.

Coo! Quaggan Love's You! ♥♥♥

• Tarlonniel.6534Tarlonniel.6534 Member ✭✭✭

@knomslayer.9457 said:
    I want to marry Marjory Delaqua to make Kasmeer Jealous. And marry Queen Jennah too so i can become a King ;)

Heck yeah. You take Jennah and the crown, I'll take Faren and Caudecus's creepy manor in Beetletun. =)

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Westenev.5289 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

So... skip the wedding and get right to the fun part?

:D

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

This will add controversy which will drive more people away

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@WinterSolstice.7829 said:
    Wellllllll. I once played an MMO where you could form a lovers relationship where you had exp boosts, and got lover tokens time to time that could be spent on nice things. Then there was a private chat between the two of you, the Pillow Talk. If we could have a Lovers thing in our Player/LFG window Y that keeps tabs on how long you're together for and rewards anniversaries would be neat. If we had an experience/magic find/karma boost being in party with each other would be neat. Maybe every ___ amount of time the boost goes up a bit more.

Any boost from marriage will be problematic, this has been discussed at length and search is your friend. As to pillow talk, I guess you do not know that whisper is a thing and you can add tabs to the chat window?

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• I really like this idea but the main issue I find is that all the benefits from marriage might drive people to enter a contractual relationship while not actually leading a married life in-game. All in for actual marriage and benefits but anet should dedicate a team to verify the authenticity of these marriages.

• @Traced.3495 said:

@Perisemiotics.4579 said:

Hmm... pretty interesting, I didn't consider that before. Could be a nice idea...
    /plans for a new side story

I've actually written a short tale of affection on reflection - of fiber and fur - between a shy, impulsive sylvari and an older, deluded kodan... a little masterpiece that makes me cringe to the point of regret.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not particularly convinced marriage is a good idea IRL, but sure - it might be harmless in-game :-)

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2019

Would there be some sort of bonus?
    Would the bonus be per char or be account wide?
    Wouldn’t a bonus cause players to “marry” just to get the bonus? (Which would remove any romantic reason to marry and make it a strictly pragmatic transaction).
    Would it be one marriage per account or multiple marriages, and if it’s multiple marriages would there be multiple bonuses?
    Will your spouse have access to your gold? Your bank? Your material storage? Your inventory?
    Can there be divorce?
    Can account bound items be transferred from one account to another? If there is a divorce then does the original owner lose out? What if one person married someone just to scam items from someone else?
    If there is no bonus then why would the game need to add a marriage system? The players can simply do a roleplay marriage, just like they can right now

• Zeivu.3615Zeivu.3615 Member ✭✭✭

We have marriage outfits and bouquets. Plenty of stuff for Role Play purposes. We don't need anything official. The marriage systems are more problematic than it's worth.

• Hey,

My wife is a huge nerd like me. We started playing Guild Wars 2 together to see if she even liked the MMO experience. I think GW2 has a lot of untapped potential in the RP environment which is not being seized at all. The PvP System is in my Opinion utter trash, but I don't even want to start a discussion on Elitism/Toxicity, I just want to explain why I think anet should add the wedding system. I think there should be something like a ceremonies or rather weddings, by doing this you can get people participating in bonding ceremony and getting bonuses like Experience Booster, Speed Booster, Food, Karma, a very cute mount skin >.< and other utility stuff, maybe even title. All of these bonuses wouldn't apply in PvP or WvW and would be minor, but at least there would be something else to do while grinding. Maybe even starting more friendly parties with guildies (much like Aurora Peachy used to do which really brought the community together, even raiders at times). Other suggestion would be the creation of a buff with an effect that every time i was on the same party as my partner or near by it would trigger it, the idea is quite simple (unknown.png ). One more controversy idea would be the unlimited free TP that can teleport you to your partner easily. Sometimes i think about how people may just be meant to be with one another, then i think about how we were across the country from each other and it was the magic of an online game and a million little decisions and choices that brought us to where we are and it freaks me out a bit. The Gw2 community is very united and with this it can be encouraging to old and new players to grow further or explore more friendships. I can understand that a lot of people may be opposed to this, considering this would make Anet spend some resources, but right now we need more incentive for open world pve.

PS: My Wife and I would love to attend your ceremony if this goes through. But, we are currently on Europe server so maybe a long distance relationship with free servers transfers strictly to your significant other wouldn't be such a bad idea :)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.