Metal Legion Guild Chat--We want your questions!

Rubi Bayer.8493

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, we have another Guild Chat tomorrow, this one all about Metal Legion and A Concert For The Ages. If you have questions about the band, the music, or the concert event, drop them here and we'll answer as many as we have time for tomorrow.

Our developer guests are:Joseph Clark, Sound DesignerNovera King, Writer/Narrative DesignerConnor Fallon, Game Designer

It's not directly Metal Legion related, but it's something about another notable musician in the game, Scout Acan.

We can hear him play in Verdant Brink and plays very cool and relaxing songs. He's one of my favourite NPCs without any doubt. Also, recently ArenaKeenan shared a link on reddit of

that contains part of one of Acan's songs. It was really cool to see.

My question is, is there any chance we can get guitar tabs of some (or all!) of Acan's songs for us who are not good enough to figure them out?

Thank you!

ONE CHARR METAL LEGION ENCORE.No words, that event is just so great, we need that band as a festival. They should come with us during Halloween, I'm sure they have song for thorn.

No, more seriously, Almorra Soulkeeper missed an opportunity, a song with your name you can't miss that. I can see her cheering taking some vodka and doing the mosh pit.

I have to chime in here and say that this is probably the most universally liked part of the new Living Story per players ingame.

I only have one question regarding the actual Metal Legion idea : what was the inspiration for each song?

P.S. Looking forward to an asura techno themed rave party as Vagrant suggested above.

I want to give kudos to the audio. During one concert I was skimming about on the water below to work on the trials and races there and whenever I got close to the stage area I could hear the music booming out. And it sounded -exactly- like somewhat distant music over water, bass carrying the most, a slight echo, and a muting effect.

Is that just a happy circumstance of how game sound works or did you guys work to make it that way?

Can we have more info about the band? Like where they come from, how they came together, what/who inspires them, who makes their songs (both in-game and IRL), who's the heart and soul of the band, likes, dislikes... you know, the usual music magazine interview stuff.

How much are they actually controled by Bangar?

Will we get a full MV?

Will we ever hear Medium Rare? (And will we ever hear the no. 1 sylvari hit "Well Done"? ;) )

And last but not least - Cidd's the best, can you tell him? (I know he knows. Just let him know I know too. Oh my, so much knowledge in such a few words...)

Let me ask the questions that people actually care about.

What's the plan for the future, do you plan to keep focusing on content surrounding the metal legion in future episodes?Was the metal legion enough of a pull to salvage the game from the disaster that happened around the announcement?What are your impressions regarding what your players feel about the 54-step collection for the rockout emote? Do you think it was too short, long or just right?