NA WvW is in freefall

Caysadia.7405

@Vova.2640 said:

@"SWI.4127" said:

Most people hate BG because of their playstyle. The server that cares the most about PPT is obviously BG...I mean come on. Against BG, you can only get a fight with them if you attack their sieged up, tiered up objectives. At which point they will blob you down with 40+ then never even leave the objective afterward for open field fights. It's the best way to "win" but it's incredibly boring only fighting the "#1 server" when they have every advantage under the sun. Numbers, objective auras, tactivators, siege, etc. With cookie gone, there's not even anybody to fight anymore. Sorry but some BG people seem straight up delusional if they really can't see this.

BG never open field fights? LOL

The guy you're quoting is 100% right though.BG only "open fields" near t3 objectives where they have siege on walls and objective auras.Oh and of course numbers advantage. The full 2 months when we were hardstuck in T1 (a few months ago), only time we'd ever get a real open field fight is when BG has more numbers...

That is precisely why no one wants to deal with BG.

I really wish we had a week with no ACs, BG would drop out of T1 in a heart beat cause they wouldn't be able to hold any objective.

And why would you wanna fight these bg near sieged up keep/tower?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:tbh its mostly the players fault. yes, there are zergy servers and off hours shenanigans. the locust swarm and whatnot. i think the biggest factor to players leaving is cuz most pug/ server zerglings are
lazy
and want to get carried. they don't play meta builds, don't push, don't even get on comms. what do you expect? when a zerg loses a fight still no one wants to get coordinated, so the zerg will either try again and fail or pvdoor. then ppl log off.

get off your kitten and contribute to the team.

Nonsense. Most of what's involved is squarely ANet's fault.

They've designed professions/elite specs to prevent a healthy metagame. They're unwilling to make changes to underperformers and unwilling to hard nerf over-performers because of PvE. They isolated and removed small group efficacy from the equation. They punished new/free players with the expansion content/unlocks with WvW mastery mattering so much while in combat. They removed skill expression where applicable, removed most forms of tradeoffs in most builds, and went against their manifesto all the way to the point of reducing visual clarity in gameplay, so far to an extreme as to literally make that an elite spec mechanic.

Almost every update since HoT has systematically dismantled some of the integrity of this game's PvP modes, and nearly none of the important features/QoL stuff asked for since launch has been added. They refuse to redact terrible additions/features. They ignore the community and major players, and favor PvE streamer feedback for the mode more than WvW leadership.

We're just seeing private squads... almost 7 years later.

I'm usually willing to point out how aspects of games are bad due to their respective communities. GW2's PvP/WvW scenes failed solely because of ANet's poor decision-making and blatant unwillingness to allow it to flourish.

It is like ANET is playing Brewster's Millions in the background and saying "hey, we can do that!"

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

@"Eremes Guile.1480" said:so people are angry at bg because they can't win the PPT game? is PPT even still a thing? do we care about PPT or fights? which one is it?

so what if BG one day falls apart and drop to the bottom tier, will the new t1 champion be hated too? lol

Most people hate BG because of their playstyle. The server that cares the most about PPT is obviously BG...I mean come on. Against BG, you can only get a fight with them if you attack their sieged up, tiered up objectives. At which point they will blob you down with 40+ then never even leave the objective afterward for open field fights. It's the best way to "win" but it's incredibly boring only fighting the "#1 server" when they have every advantage under the sun. Numbers, objective auras, tactivators, siege, etc. With cookie gone, there's not even anybody to fight anymore. Sorry but some BG people seem straight up delusional if they really can't see this.

Again, the commanders largely avoid capping stuff and run around looking for fights (or attack something to draw the enemy group to them or to the map). The problem seems to be that unless the player is part of a guild that runs with their commander (usually the weekend and occasionally) during the week, a "pug" player will look at WvW as largely empty or outnumbered (unless they are on BG). This isn't BG's fault, this is the fault of the players, guilds, and their commanders that refuse to play.

So if a player looks over at BG and thinks "wow that's a large group, way larger than what we have at the moment; they are typically blobbing and overstacked" The question now becomes, where are all those players and commanders that play on the weekend that grossly outnumber BG? How about instead of complaining about BG being overstacked (when they actually have less numbers than the other server in T1, plus a couple that routinely rotate up), instead, when these commanders and all those guildies pop on the weekend, give them the 3rd degree and tell them that they are the problem, and the reason why BG keeps winning. Tell them they are the core issue with their lackluster playtime. Tell them to stop complaining, get off their butts, log on and do something about it during the week. Instead of playing only on the weekend, blobbing the other servers down when they don't even have half as many on. Then running or logging off when they get any type of competition.

If that fails, collectively you guys should be bullying these guilds and commanders off your server so it'll open up so perhaps you might get some players that will actually play regularly instead of 2x per week. It'd also help if these "fight guilds" stopped server hopping, as all they're doing is destroying each server they come across, then complain that BG is problem, when in actuality it's them wrecking it for everybody else.

Those people don't play much in T1 because as I explained, they hate BG's play style. Why do so many NA servers universally hate "fighting" BG? Is it because BG is simply that good? Please...this isn't that complex of a game. It's because of how that server plays.

@SWI.4127 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

@"Eremes Guile.1480" said:so people are angry at bg because they can't win the PPT game? is PPT even still a thing? do we care about PPT or fights? which one is it?

so what if BG one day falls apart and drop to the bottom tier, will the new t1 champion be hated too? lol

Again, the commanders largely avoid capping stuff and run around looking for fights (or attack something to draw the enemy group to them or to the map). The problem seems to be that unless the player is part of a guild that runs with their commander (usually the weekend and occasionally) during the week, a "pug" player will look at WvW as largely empty or outnumbered (unless they are on BG). This isn't BG's fault, this is the fault of the players, guilds, and their commanders that refuse to play.

So if a player looks over at BG and thinks "wow that's a large group, way larger than what we have at the moment; they are typically blobbing and overstacked" The question now becomes, where are all those players and commanders that play on the weekend that grossly outnumber BG? How about instead of complaining about BG being overstacked (when they actually have less numbers than the other server in T1, plus a couple that routinely rotate up), instead, when these commanders and all those guildies pop on the weekend, give them the 3rd degree and tell them that they are the problem, and the reason why BG keeps winning. Tell them they are the core issue with their lackluster playtime. Tell them to stop complaining, get off their butts, log on and do something about it during the week. Instead of playing only on the weekend, blobbing the other servers down when they don't even have half as many on. Then running or logging off when they get any type of competition.

If that fails, collectively you guys should be bullying these guilds and commanders off your server so it'll open up so perhaps you might get some players that will actually play regularly instead of 2x per week. It'd also help if these "fight guilds" stopped server hopping, as all they're doing is destroying each server they come across, then complain that BG is problem, when in actuality it's them wrecking it for everybody else.

Those people don't play much in T1 because as I explained, they hate BG's play style. Why do so many NA servers universally hate "fighting" BG? Is it because BG is simply that good? Please...this isn't that complex of a game. It's because of how that server plays.

It is not really about Bg play style or any OP ninja tactics they got, many of the BG top players have EU alts and get a very good competition there, so no, they are no untouchable or oh so good. It's just that Bg as a server has been given a favored child status for both server opening and world transfers, they so over stacked that anyone who wants to play NA T1 just wants to transfer to Bg, cause really, they dont have any other good server to transfer to in NA. There is no T1 server, only temporary wannabe's who come and get farmed by blobgate

@Fatherbliss.4701 said:Also BG is open.

Why is BG open? I just watched them flip everything we had without opposition. Sometimes I think Anet loves rigging one sided fights just to mock us. Why do they even have a link? They know we know that BG is stacked. Yet they give BG another open transfer.

At his point, they should just get rid of WvW. It's a wasted game mode. It's not fun to fight in a rigged game every single week for months and months. Oh, but they did give us a new set of really ugly weapon skins.....thanks Anet. I love more crap skins I'll never use.

@Nemesis.9835 said:

Why is BG open? I just watched them flip everything we had without opposition. Sometimes I think Anet loves rigging one sided fights just to mock us. Why do they even have a link? They know we know that BG is stacked. Yet they give BG another open transfer.

At his point, they should just get rid of WvW. It's a wasted game mode. It's not fun to fight in a rigged game every single week for months and months. Oh, but they did give us a new set of really ugly weapon skins.....thanks Anet. I love more kitten skins I'll never use.

BG closed less than 48 hours after it opened. It’s not open.

@Nemesis.9835 said:

At his point, they should just get rid of WvW. It's a wasted game mode. It's not fun to fight in a rigged game every single week for months and months. Oh, but they did give us a new set of really ugly weapon skins.....thanks Anet. I love more kitten skins I'll never use.

It was only briefly. Still we can assume a lot of folks fled there for safety.

There are servers like that in EU, too. BB plays with a lot of players in their primetime, and they play the slippery-ppt-tactic, too. They usually run, only fight when they clearly have the upper hand.

What I don't get is, why no one thinks of counter strategies. I mean fight-fight-fight isn't the only way to play this game. If the enemy evades and does power-ppt, evade and power-ppt right back. If they bring a whole blob to defend a t1 tower, attack two t1 towers. Of course not all problems an overstacked server causes can be overcome with a change of tactics, but some things could be achieved despite that. With a little more flexibility.

@nthmetal.9652 said:There are servers like that in EU, too. BB plays with a lot of players in their primetime, and they play the slippery-ppt-tactic, too. They usually run, only fight when they clearly have the upper hand.

What I don't get is, why no one thinks of counter strategies. I mean fight-fight-fight isn't the only way to play this game. If the enemy evades and does power-ppt, evade and power-ppt right back. If they bring a whole blob to defend a t1 tower, attack two t1 towers. Of course not all problems an overstacked server causes can be overcome with a change of tactics, but some things could be achieved despite that. With a little more flexibility.

Been playing and commanding since launch of the game. Do you think anyone in their right mind give any damn about PPT and overall, flipping towers/keeps?

WvW is massive PVP aka large scale player vs player. People who care about the game mode are here to fight enemies, not slap gates all day long and call it a GG if they climb a tier.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for being open for only 2 days, Anet needs to do better than this......

@Arctisavange.7261 said:Been playing and commanding since launch of the game. Do you think anyone in their right mind give any kitten about PPT and overall, flipping towers/keeps?

Looking at BB for example, I'd say you are quite obviously wrong. There are players, who care for PPT. And BB is not the only server which rolls like this.

WvW is massive PVP aka large scale player vs player. People who care about the game mode are here to fight enemies, not slap gates all day long and call it a GG if they climb a tier.

WvW is massive PvP based around objectives. You don't run around to slap players, you run around to take objectives and you slap players because they try to prevent that or take your own objectives. I know the system lacks in terms of rewards regarding that, but look at the way WvW organizes information.

• The map presents the colors of each land in a prominent manner
  • Objectives give a lot of WxP and add to the warscore
  • The game presents the warscore
  • tier up / down and future matchup is determined by VP determined from warscore
  • killing does add to the warscore, and if your consistently win a lot, those points can make quite a contribution to the warscore, but in terms of efficiency, and reliable income, it is not a good source of points

What does the game not do? While it does track kills and deaths, it does not feature this information prominently. It does not base your tier up/down on kills/deaths. It does not flip colors around kills/deaths.

Yes, I do enjoy fights, if they are hard or easy, no matter, as long as I don't feel we're not achieving anything, but I can as well take away the feeling of community and fun when trashtalking in mapchat while power-PPTing. Especially if the fight approach is not working.

I am not saying you are totally wrong; there obviously are players, that care (only/mostly) about fighting, and at times I do, too, but if that strategy does not work, a call for a change of strategies is in place. There is not this one true way to play the game.

@Bandwagon.4512 said:

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for being open for only 2 days, Anet needs to do better than this......

Then it would have taken them continuing their manual lock, which, I agree should have been continued (and have stated in the past multiple times). But hey, projecting is a thing too.

I disagree BG being the reason why NA die. It is more appropriate to say BG is an example why NA dies. It demonstrated general players willingness to bandwagon to stack onto the servers. Such behaviors are repeatedly demonstrated on many other servers year after year. This culture is what really killing NA. People did suggested anet to exercise iron grip control to prevent such anti-competitive behavior but anet being anet, they won't do such a thing, they are afraid of voices. Gw2 simply failed, I got no idea what anet want gw2 to be, there is no concrete direction. Gw2 was well thought game but badly maintained.

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:I disagree BG being the reason why NA die. It is more appropriate to say BG is an example why NA dies. It demonstrated general players willingness to bandwagon to stack onto the servers. Such behaviors are repeatedly demonstrated on many other servers year after year. This culture is what really killing NA. People did suggested anet to exercise iron grip control to prevent such anti-competitive behavior but anet being anet, they won't do such a thing, they are afraid of voices. Gw2 simply failed, I got no idea what anet want gw2 to be, there is no concrete direction. Gw2 was well thought game but badly maintained.

Blackgate is A reason NA is dying but not because they are stacked or are better. Simply put, not enough people want to organize a server to do what it would take to take down Blackgate. A handful of servers have stacked and pushed Blackgate into hibernation, then that server realizes they don't actually care about 1st and start to destack. Blackgate comes out of hibernation and its back to business as usual.

Its part of the fundamental problem with WvW. How is WvW supposed to be played? Why is my 20 man group more right than cookies map queue? Were cookies players better then yours or is it just a failure to adapt? Because "fun"? Who defines fun?

Want Blackgate to die? Stack 3 servers and 2v1 them for the next 6 mouths. The fair weathers will leave and there isn't very many "server pride" people left. If 6 months isn't long enough, keep going...Blackgate has been doing it since ~2012.

@"SWI.4127" said:

The same reason they hate bandwagoners. Cuz no one likes getting their ass beat!

@Zikory.6871 said:

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:I disagree BG being the reason why NA die. It is more appropriate to say BG is an example why NA dies. It demonstrated general players willingness to bandwagon to stack onto the servers. Such behaviors are repeatedly demonstrated on many other servers year after year. This culture is what really killing NA. People did suggested anet to exercise iron grip control to prevent such anti-competitive behavior but anet being anet, they won't do such a thing, they are afraid of voices. Gw2 simply failed, I got no idea what anet want gw2 to be, there is no concrete direction. Gw2 was well thought game but badly maintained.

Blackgate is A reason NA is dying but not because they are stacked or are better. Simply put, not enough people want to organize a server to do what it would take to take down Blackgate. A handful of servers have stacked and pushed Blackgate into hibernation, then that server realizes they don't actually care about 1st and start to destack. Blackgate comes out of hibernation and its back to business as usual.

Its part of the fundamental problem with WvW. How is WvW supposed to be played? Why is my 20 man group more right than cookies map queue? Were cookies players better then yours or is it just a failure to adapt? Because "fun"? Who defines fun?

Want Blackgate to die? Stack 3 servers and 2v1 them for the next 6 mouths. The fair weathers will leave and there isn't very many "server pride" people left. If 6 months isn't long enough, keep going...Blackgate has been doing it since ~2012.

yeah and make sure you quit your irl job too, cause you're gonna need to do it 24/7!

Simply put old player base enjoyed fights, new player base enjoys doors or so called fights with 60 man blobs vs 20. Game had a chance maybe 3 years ago anet wasted it on alot of different aspects of this game that we all tried to warn them about. Made some great friends while i was here that we play other games now, so I cant complain completely about anet but yes you killed your own game.

Who would have thought that troll builds/ skills that a single player can affect an entire zerg, unbalanced skills/ lack of build diversity in meta, unwanted/ unnecessary content instead of game saving content, a meta that was originally nerfed out of existence at the beginning of the game because it was unfair/ unfun, and a complete lack of decent new content for years would finish off the game mode. Apparently not our game overlords. Hopefully alliances will change a lot, but right now it's no fun and dead as a doornail outside of a handful of guilds.

@Zikory.6871 said:

What's killing NA more are the "fight guilds" that constantly swap servers and destroy the servers when they leave. Every single solitary time it's happened, that particular server ends up in T4 and is basically stuck there. Nothing to do with BG, but has everything to do with guilds joining a server, pillaging it, then leaving it, making it so the pugs or casuals or whoever else doesn't log into WvW on a regular basis, loses complete interest.

The one thing that separates BG from everybody else is they seem to have a huge pug population or a population players that aren't hardcore guildies that will log on, and log on for many hours at a time. Every other server doesn't seem to have this; again, because these "fight guilds" that constantly jump, destroy the server.

You'd be shocked to see just how many more players, guilds, and commanders are sitting on the neighboring T1 server. They grossly outnumber BG by a mile, but the exception is, they only seem to like to play on the weekends. That's not BG's problem, that's a player problem.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

What's killing NA more are the "fight guilds" that constantly swap servers and destroy the servers when they leave. Every single solitary time it's happened, that particular server ends up in T4 and is basically stuck there. Nothing to do with BG, but has everything to do with guilds joining a server, pillaging it, then leaving it, making it so the pugs or casuals or whoever else doesn't log into WvW on a regular basis, loses complete interest.

The one thing that separates BG from everybody else is they seem to have a huge pug population or a population players that aren't hardcore guildies that will log on, and log on for many hours at a time. Every other server doesn't seem to have this; again, because these "fight guilds" that constantly jump, destroy the server.

You'd be shocked to see just how many more players, guilds, and commanders are sitting on the neighboring T1 server. They grossly outnumber BG by a mile, but the exception is, they only seem to like to play on the weekends. That's not BG's problem, that's a player problem.

I wish i could believe what i was reading, i wish this were 2012, but sadly, you should play more on your alt accounts to understand better how other servers play than premise that every other server has only so called fight guilds and very little pugs(two servers off-mind i can think off who boasted about their pug quality and numbers were Jq and Mag), or even implying that the pugs on Bg seem to be so superior that they destroy the fight guilds to maintain a positive KD 24/7.In plain an simple terms, while everything everyone mentioned is a valid point, aka, too many bandwagon, not enough organised etc, the actual and real truth is Bg has a massive coverage across almost every time zone. They are able to add numbers to their fight guilds, have pugs on every map and literally have scouts for every tower and in some cases camps all the time, you will find it hard to ninja a t3, not because of Bg's superior fight skills, but for a simple reason they just got the numbers and the population to sustain such things. Other servers, no matter how organised they get just cannot sustain with the dying population on the game anymore, im sure it hurts to an extent on Bg too, but well, lets just say Bg, you been well fed and taken care of by your parent all these years, if anyone is going to die last, it will be you. I dont see how there will be any real T1 server in NA other than Bg for the next foreseeable future.

Announced today; 8 guild left totally over 500 players called it quit yesterday and joined a competitive game guild. I myself a guild member in that competitive game applaud them and welcome them to a competitive experience and and to a healthy environment.

Why the applaud? That gaming competitive company hates toxic gaming experience and a toxic gaming environment for their players. While in this game; Toxicity is continually striving with each balance patches for the past 7 years.

Anyhow; Congratulation to them including soon to be newcomers as well.

Toxic +1 shotting, Power-Creep, Condition Creep, Toxic Stealth Design, Toxic God Mode Everything is what this game has become and will not cease without it until everyone leave the game.

Oh well!!

Nothing will change for the better; Toxicity is the future

(More and more players are awaken and are being awaken each day after realizing Guild Wars 2 make them Toxic as well including their state of health. For the sake of saving their personal health and their frustrations; they will have no choice but to leave this game in droves)

Anyways, care about your health and your sanity. Seek healthy competitive gaming experience and environment ; it will improve your total well being today and in the future.

Say NO!! to Toxic gaming experiences and NO!! to Toxic gaming environments

Save Yourself!!

Toxicity Is Bad For You!!

(many gamers who left complained of having their stress level up the roof when playing this game and their doctors advised them to stop playing this game)

Even streamers who quit complained of having their health degraded when playing this game including the latest streamer who publicly spoke about it in multiple streaming outlets.

Even new players complains about their well being; their frustrations increases being instantly killed over and over again by Toxic designs and by Toxic mechanics?

If not too late; playing this game affects your personal heart and increases your blood pressure? All for what? For hoping things will turn around for the better?

What better?

Better for your health??

Better for your well being?

What well being??

--let me ask you to do this simple one thing; touch your heart when playing this game--

I care for all of your well being with for a healthy future including gaming companies who awaits for you with open arms.

7 Years with more additional years with the having the same repetitive Toxic results?? Bunker+Condi+Power+Sustain-Spamming Bad Designs Mechanics+Spamming Bad Professional Designs Skills--Spam 111111111111+Rinse+Repeat+

Is this what you hope for a better tomorrow?

It's not going to happen because your health will save you as you leave

See y'all there

Good day

@Zikory.6871 said:

That IS the convenient excuse and justification people used to stack a server back then. If people really think bandwagoning and stacking are wrong, why would you do it? It is a simple philosophy, two wrongs don't make a right, people never once thought bandwagoning and stacking are wrong. People stacked for selfish reasons and continue to do even today. That is the NA culture, a selfish non-competitive culture.

@Burnfall.9573 said:Announced today; 8 guild left totally over 500 players called it quit yesterday and joined a competitive game guild. I myself a guild member in that competitive game applaud them and welcome them to a competitive experience and and to a healthy environment.

Why the applaud? That gaming competitive company hates toxic gaming experience and a toxic gaming environment for their players. While in this game; Toxicity is continually striving with each balance patches for the past 7 years.

Anyhow; Congratulation to them including soon to be newcomers as well.

Toxic +1 shotting, Power-Creep, Condition Creep, Toxic Stealth Design, Toxic God Mode Everything is what this game has become and will not cease without it until everyone leave the game.

Oh well!!

Nothing will change for the better; Toxicity is the future

(More and more players are awaken and are being awaken each day after realizing Guild Wars 2 make them Toxic as well including their state of health. For the sake of saving their personal health and their frustrations; they will have no choice but to leave this game in droves)

Anyways, care about your health and your sanity. Seek healthy competitive gaming experience and environment ; it will improve your total well being today and in the future.

Say NO!! to Toxic gaming experiences and NO!! to Toxic gaming environments

Save Yourself!!

Toxicity Is Bad For You!!

(many gamers who left complained of having their stress level up the roof when playing this game and their doctors advised them to stop playing this game)

Even streamers who quit complained of having their health degraded when playing this game including the latest streamer who publicly spoke about it in multiple streaming outlets.

Even new players complains about their well being; their frustrations increases being instantly killed over and over again by Toxic designs and by Toxic mechanics?

If not too late; playing this game affects your personal heart and increases your blood pressure? All for what? For hoping things will turn around for the better?

What better?

Better for your health??

Better for your well being?

What well being??

--let me ask you to do this simple one thing; touch your heart when playing this game--

I care for all of your well being with for a healthy future including gaming companies who awaits for you with open arms.

7 Years with more additional years with the having the same repetitive Toxic results?? Bunker+Condi+Power+Sustain-Spamming Bad Designs Mechanics+Spamming Bad Professional Designs Skills--Spam 111111111111+Rinse+Repeat+

Is this what you hope for a better tomorrow?

It's not going to happen because your health will save you as you leave

See y'all there

Good day

System of a down - Toxicity

Conversion, software version 7.0Looking at life through the eyes of a tired hubEating seeds as a pastime activityThe toxicity of our city, our cityYou, what do you own the world?How do you own disorder, disorderNow somewhere between the sacred silenceSacred silence and sleepSomewhere, between the sacred silence and sleepDisorder, disorder, disorderMore wood for the fires, loud neighborsFlashlight reveries caught in the headlights of a truckEating seeds as a pastime activityThe toxicity of our city, of our cityNow, what do you own the world?How do you own disorder, disorderNow somewhere between the sacred silenceSacred silence and sleepSomewhere between the sacred silence and sleepDisorder, disorder, disorderNow, what do you own the world?How do you own disorder, disorderNow somewhere between the sacred silenceSacred silence and sleepSomewhere, between the sacred silence and sleepDisorder, disorder, disorderWhen I became the sunI shone life into the man's heartsWhen I became the sunI shone life into the man's hearts