Revs in PvP/WvW

Virdo.1540

I know, anet has fun stomping Revs (mainly herald) into the ground when it comes to pvp. No damage at all ,not even with Shiro (assassin legend for who doesnt know)Tiny sustain,but nvm.

Im ok if they decide to let the rev make no damage, but Is the incredible high amount of energy usage in Shiro necessary? We dont use it at all, cuz it makes no damage and doesnt even give superspeed anymore. It even drains the whole energy bar in seconds.... I think it should have at least Energy-drain like in Pve.Facet of Chaos too. 5/10 Energy bars just for having a bit of protection? Seriously?

@Catchyfx.5768 said:this thread was moved? or you make another one here?Rev is hard to play a lot of revs are insane in skill. You will have a hard time playing it in PvP/WvW, but you can still burst ppl down. Outside of burst builds yea, rev have a pretty low dmg output.

well im playing not even close to full zerk-gear and im decent amount of dmg in wvw,thats true. (Energy cost still way too high, esp after their dmg nerf)But in pvp Im doing even with Berserker stats against other berserker stat-players absolutely no damage, even with full damage build.

What im mainly trying to say, If im going to take a 2. legend in pvp, then i would rather take jalis instead of shiro.Why should i do no dmg with almost no energy + stunbreaks instead of same amount of damage, being tanky, alot of stability ,healing and having energy to spend on meanwhile

in PvP Rev offensive power is kinda crippled, boon generation too.Well my personal PoV is on shiro I can prevent enemy to hit me while get rid of movement condi and I can move a lot. Dmg is on weapons only. a AA while shiro upkeep(i hate how bad it is right now). Heal is weak, elite is okayish, shadowstep is heavy cost, but breakstun skill is perfectly fine. I have issue with jalis stunbreak on 40energy skill casted second and half.

You need to make a better distinction between PvP and WvW. PvP rev's power has been reined in a lot, with the gutting of every single might generation trait and the previous nerfs to surge/prec strike etc.

WvW is a different animal where you cannot at all act like this class lacks damage. While there is a lot more cancer to deal with facing, rev does extremely high damage in WvW and Shiro is a huge part of the damage potential.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:^ Revs are meta in WVW but not PVP.

Ye with hammer. Which is going to be nerfed soon. + Its easy to be avoided cuz its so terribly slow.Damage on melee is inferior to +half the other class

But game won’t render hammer in larger scale to our targets meh... they are needing cause they can’t or want to fix desync, and other technicall issues.

When i keep atcking 6-8k hammer autos and targets won’t dodge and just eat all the range damage... rendering issues.

@Virdo.1540 said:

Ye with hammer. Which is going to be nerfed soon. + Its easy to be avoided cuz its so terribly slow.Damage on melee is inferior to +half the other class

Also not true. Just run a build with classic power gear, sword/sword staff with song of the mists. Deathstrike to some guy while swapping legends and tell me our melee damage is inferior. Just a couple days ago I hit a reaper for 4k call of the assassin + 12k deathstrike landing both skills at the same time. The class damage is fine in wvw and that's being generous to us- it's probably too high. Do you really want to be hit for 16k by some guy who just appears on top of you?

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

Also not true. Just run a build with classic power gear, sword/sword staff with song of the mists. Deathstrike to some guy while swapping legends and tell me our melee damage is inferior. Just a couple days ago I hit a reaper for 4k call of the assassin + 12k deathstrike landing both skills at the same time. The class damage is fine in wvw and that's being generous to us- it's probably too high. Do you really want to be hit for 16k by some guy who just appears on top of you?

tbh 12-14k on glass cannon-players is pretty low to warriors greatsword f1 hitting even through protection for +22k (just one example)

@Virdo.1540 said:

tbh 12-14k on glass cannon-players is pretty low to warriors greatsword f1 hitting even through protection for +22k (just one example)Considering one is melee and the other is ranged, it's not low.

@Virdo.1540 said:

tbh 12-14k on glass cannon-players is pretty low to warriors greatsword f1 hitting even through protection for +22k (just one example)

Then let's just agree to disagree, I think rev is in a fantastic spot in WvW in terms of damage and I can back that claim up with gameplay. If you're not doing enough damage, something is going wrong for you whether it's the build or the play.

Revenant is a non stop machine and can delete people pretty fast given you don't blow everything blindly and make your synergies work. Let alone the fact people only play Herald/Shiro instead of anything else just shows how little do they get to see when it comes to it's potential.

Most of the nerfs are something I can agree with given they compensate in other area's like the Upkeep, Impossible Odds needs to have a decrease right now.

Since Sword 4 got changed, Revenant is heavily tied to use Staff. That's bad and needs to be brought back while it's damage should require some criteria's instead of being straight up the way it is.

Sword 5 removal of Slow and Chill completely deleted synergy with Mallyx as well as Forced Engagement which is another thing I disagree with. Instead of having the skill casting speed buffed to levels of non sense they should have just left it the way it was since most of the time when using the skill, Revenant with have quickness anyway.

The team has kinda lost it's touch with reason why they've done those actions in the first place which they need to recover. Revenant was unified for it's lack of weapon swap in the past and they should still consider it like they don't have weapon swap because that's how the whole profession was designed in mind.

@Shao.7236 said:Revenant is a non stop machine and can delete people pretty fast given you don't blow everything blindly and make your synergies work. Let alone the fact people only play Herald/Shiro instead of anything else just shows how little do they get to see when it comes to it's potential.

People only plays Herald/Shiro because everything else is vastly inferior. I would like to have a viable bunker build, but you can create a more competitive tank with almost evey other class. I would like to have a viable condition build, but condi Rev has always very poor sustain, weak mobility and 0 ranged pressure (renegade fixed nothing of that), and that was before the last patch erased Mallyx's cqc condition damage (vs players). So there's no need to allude to some mystical unchained potential that the Rev has due people refuse to experiment, because if some other thing aside from power Herald worked it would already had been cloned to death.

@Buran.3796 said:

@Shao.7236 said:Revenant is a non stop machine and can delete people pretty fast given you don't blow everything blindly and make your synergies work. Let alone the fact people only play Herald/Shiro instead of anything else just shows how little do they get to see when it comes to it's potential.

People only plays Herald/Shiro because everything else is vastly inferior. I would like to have a viable bunker build, but you can create a more competitive tank with almost evey other class. I would like to have a viable condition build, but condi Rev has always very poor sustain, weak mobility and 0 ranged pressure (renegade fixed nothing of that), and that was before the last patch erased Mallyx's cqc condition damage (vs players). So there's no need to allude to some mystical unchained potential that the Rev has due people refuse to experiment, because if some other thing aside from power Herald worked it would already had been cloned to death.

Your opinion on Mallyx is completely wrong and I can confirm by the way that the only thing Shiro has going for itself right now is mobility and ease of use, as it should if one is better at everything else that it does.

Mallyx has much more team fight potential than Shiro does in both supporting and damage.

For has long as I have been playing it, it's a L2P issue with the legend, not the legend skills that suck.

There was and still is a bunch of good builds that can be made out of any core or elite specs including Renegade, people just don't play around with them enough to be learn and be effective with the options and instead stick to what they are most familiar within the same hour they created something else to try.

@Shao.7236 said:

Your opinion on Mallyx is completely wrong and I can confirm by the way that the only thing Shiro has going for itself right now is mobility and ease of use, as it should if one is better at everything else that it does.

Mallyx has much more team fight potential than Shiro does in both supporting and damage.

For has long as I have been playing it, it's a L2P issue with the legend, not the legend skills that suck.

There was and still is a bunch of good builds that can be made out of any core or elite specs including Renegade, people just don't play around with them enough to be learn and be effective with the options and instead stick to what they are most familiar within the same hour they created something else to try.

Im caging. What rank are you again? You posted vids in other thread where you played like silver so i suppose thats where condi Mallyx works.Mallyx is potato tier apart from wvw where hes getting carried like a princess by torment runes and trail/dire stats.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Im caging. What rank are you again? You posted vids in other thread where you played like silver so i suppose thats where condi Mallyx works.Mallyx is potato tier apart from wvw where hes getting carried like a princess by torment runes and trail/dire stats.

Uh, I'm having fun against the Gods of PvP, at least beat every of em once with Mallyx/Glint, whether it's GrimJacki, Naru or Vanns, actually I've pissed off Grimjacki and made him say it's an overpowered spec while Naru acknowledges that I'm a good condi rev PUG. So your point? Is everything silver until you get your own self destroyed?

Everything that I've said is on video as well so if that's needed, I can provide. What's with all the hate? I've been playing it across for a year now and earned my top 100 off meta before the rework 5 seasons ago in soloQ because people started to say the community was dying. Are you gonna imply that all my matches are carried and that it's all a setup? I've getting some light from Wooden Potato as well, got to face him too and he was pretty impressed by my performance.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Considering I’ve played both renegade Kalla and condi Herald in Plat, Shao certainly isn’t lying. It can certainly work if you build it right and know the class well enough/are good enough. Mallyx works fine in PvP as well just obviously not as strong due to lack of torment runes. But he’s absolutely not potato tier; that’s a massive unhelpful exaggeration

@"Shao.7236" said:

1) Supporting roles are mostly useless in solo WvW roaming, and I trend to avoid PvP builds that doesn't work in WvW; they make bad habits.2) If you're playing Rev in PvP to "support" you're really late to the party: the days in which this class was usefull in that role vanished years ago, when Herald went from being the largest provider of boon duration in the game to became trully meaningless in that sense (and persona non grata in some departments of the game). Must also mention that since competitive PvP died years ago (ESL/Pro Tournaments era) and most of best teams faded people no longer care too much about playing meme builds and subpar team configurations. In no way you would see other think that zerker Herald as meta if those teams and competitions were still around...

And is not about not wanting to try new things: lately I've been plaing a Herald/Jalis staff/hammer build with paladin stats which really doesn't do anything, but in gold oftenly last so long that ends congregating 3 enemies to finish the task, so I can enjoy the time they waste. But being sadic abut those kind of interactions doesn't make the build less bad, or the overall landscape of "Revenant potential" less sad.

@Buran.3796 said:It provides support and benefits from and Herald greatly, but that isn't just what it does, that's in fact the side effects.

Mallyx benefits to support is the result of playing the legend right by weaponized enemy condition damage which is abundant in most matches, if not given it's sizeable telegraphed but massive burst, it can punish pretty much any class that doesn't respect the revenant space.

Also what is it with people always talking about the past ESL like it matters in every conversations? Does it really? Because all I see today is a stagnant meta that offers easy reads for unknown higher skill ceiling builds to flourish.

Back then it was Anet fault to let it slip by and right now it doesn't really exist so it's fair to assume they learned from it as well.