Is WvW still quite active? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Is WvW still quite active?

DoRi Silvia.4159DoRi Silvia.4159 Member ✭✭✭

Hihi,
I've recently been venturing into places I have never before in the game and WvW is one of the things I need to get my a into gear.
I have manged to fully gear a character for a WvW build, but is the game mode still active/popular?
tips on getting the warclaw quickly? so I don't fall behind my team all the time

Comments

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What server are you currently on? Activity kind of depends from server to server, but relinks are also happening "soon" so it could all change. It fluctuates wildly but many feel it is in an unhealthy state at the moment, but no it is not dead.

  • Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

    There is lot's of enemies to kill, but you can't really kill anybody because of barriers and firebrands.

    Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2020

    If you've got a mapblob it's all gravy. Anet NERFED WALLS so you can now Karmatrain everywhere and only an enemy mapblob can stop you because of the crappy POF powercreep.

    That's WvW atm. That's Numberwang.

    Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Log in and see for your self

  • @DoRi Silvia.4159 said:
    Hihi,
    I've recently been venturing into places I have never before in the game and WvW is one of the things I need to get my a into gear.
    I have manged to fully gear a character for a WvW build, but is the game mode still active/popular?
    tips on getting the warclaw quickly? so I don't fall behind my team all the time

    you can get the warclaw very easily, just check the wiki for the exact steps. I've seen people who are only wvw rank 8 with warclaws out.

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Warclaws are easy to get, but shouldn't be the first thing to unlock because Gliding is vastly more important and useful.

    WvW is still active provided yur not stuck in a timezone where there is low/no activity for yur server and yur getting constantly ravaged by the enemy while huddling in keeps/towers and calling for help.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • I'm in tarnished coast and I play from Nz which would be 11 hours faster than server time ..
    Usually play around 7pm-10pm here so that'll be 6am-9am server time

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Svarty.8019 said:
    If you've got a mapblob it's all gravy. Anet NERFED WALLS so you can now Karmatrain everywhere and only an enemy mapblob can stop you because of the crappy POF powercreep.

    That's WvW atm. That's Numberwang.

    Solution,
    Nerf damage cause that will invalidate blobs rofl...

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Fearless.3569Fearless.3569 Member ✭✭✭

    WvW is active on the blob servers. WvW is highly inactive on the servers that get blobs down. Let me tell you it's no fun fighting a blob server when your server is dead because everyone else is dishearten by the uncontested power of the blob.

    I'd much rather deal with the performance issues in Cyrodiil in ESO. Than to deal with being ever outnumbered by blobs servers in GW2. More so where there are Warclaws and the Rally mechanic.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Warclaws are easy to get, but shouldn't be the first thing to unlock because Gliding is vastly more important and useful.

    Sorry but no, the mount lets you get by most places without needing the glider. The only place you would need it is if you're going to spend significant time on desert bl and it's high cliffs, but even then you can get by easily on the mount. Plus the glider isn't going to let you keep up with groups all across maps. In any case you only need 3 points to unlock gliding and 1 for warclaw to start, but all efforts should be made to master the warclaw first.

    ^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    There's no power creep you just don't recognize more people hitting you - Flat Earther

  • As others have mentioned , it vastly depends on the server and the time zone. You may assume a T1 server has a huge audience 24/7 but is only active during the times the other servers are “asleep”. Also, since relinks are coming up, player action will be chaotic for a bit as far as coverage as each server has their “main tag” that pulls numbers and content.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Junkpile.7439 said:
    There is lot's of enemies to kill, but you can't really kill anybody because of barriers and firebrands.

    Yea nah, those barriers or firebrands wont keep ppl alive when meteors regularly hit for 10-15k in 1 hit, rev hammers also 10k.

    Who could ever die from that, when most classes in wvw run around with around 20k hp.

    If your zerg cant kill anyone in this burst heavy meta, than they are doing something very very wrong.

    @XenesisII.1540 said:

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Warclaws are easy to get, but shouldn't be the first thing to unlock because Gliding is vastly more important and useful.

    Sorry but no, the mount lets you get by most places without needing the glider. The only place you would need it is if you're going to spend significant time on desert bl and it's high cliffs, but even then you can get by easily on the mount. Plus the glider isn't going to let you keep up with groups all across maps. In any case you only need 3 points to unlock gliding and 1 for warclaw to start, but all efforts should be made to master the warclaw first.

    And this. Mount is op and should honestly be removed (wont happen).
    Just put the first point in to start the reward track, use celebratiin boost, guild boost and exp boost to get through as quick as possible, if you follow a zerg you should be done with everything when you finish the track. And have those few points for gliding ontop.

  • Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Junkpile.7439 said:
    There is lot's of enemies to kill, but you can't really kill anybody because of barriers and firebrands.

    Yea nah, those barriers or firebrands wont keep ppl alive when meteors regularly hit for 10-15k in 1 hit, rev hammers also 10k.

    Who could ever die from that, when most classes in wvw run around with around 20k hp.

    If your zerg cant kill anyone in this burst heavy meta, than they are doing something very very wrong.

    We don't have zerg and i wouldn't run in zerg anyways. Go drop meteor shover in zerg and even if they crit 20k every time you still won't kill anybody. Would be actually funny test how much damage you can do one player inside zerg before he goes down.

    Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

    @Junkpile.7439 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Junkpile.7439 said:
    There is lot's of enemies to kill, but you can't really kill anybody because of barriers and firebrands.

    Yea nah, those barriers or firebrands wont keep ppl alive when meteors regularly hit for 10-15k in 1 hit, rev hammers also 10k.

    Who could ever die from that, when most classes in wvw run around with around 20k hp.

    If your zerg cant kill anyone in this burst heavy meta, than they are doing something very very wrong.

    We don't have zerg and i wouldn't run in zerg anyways. Go drop meteor shover in zerg and even if they crit 20k every time you still won't kill anybody. Would be actually funny test how much damage you can do one player inside zerg before he goes down.

    Then why do you say that there are many ppl to kill but no one dies? If you dont even have a zerg nor played in one then you have no experience to talk about.
    I play mostly in zergs nowadays and im telling you, ppl die, alot.

    And yes, a 20k meteor will most certainly kill someone, are we talking about the same game here? How much hp do you think most ppl are running around with in wvw? And like i said its not even 1 ele alone, there are 50+ppl trying to kill each other, get hit by 2 big spells and you are dead in under a second.
    Phase smash regularly hits 9k+. CoR still does more than enough, drop the hammer, necro wells, and many more.

    Ive seen ppl get hit by guildgroups with staff thiefs, staff 5 vault doing 20k+ dmg on a single target, and that thing is an aoe lol.

    Ps. An ele doesnt need to stand inside the enemy to hit meteor....

  • Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

    We talk about situation where solo player try to kill players inside blob.

    Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

  • it likely varies from server to servers. blobs on t1 servers are mainly around early evening times, especially friday till sunday. on the weekend the whole day can be having higher activity, the nights too. but full time zerg coverage, not at all.

    wvw overall is still active, just most action is bay far zerg battles with up to 20-25 people against another servers clouding 15ish people. t1 has active players till including nighttime, but not big numbers. zergs in nighttime are not easy to stop, blobs are impossible to stop - some servers do bring blobs on weird times like 8am during the week, but that isn't a regular happening.

  • SexyMofo.8923SexyMofo.8923 Member ✭✭✭

    It’s dead. Even with server links, you barely see map queues. Long gone are the days of overflow eotm.

  • @SexyMofo.8923 said:
    It’s dead. Even with server links, you barely see map queues. Long gone are the days of overflow eotm.

    i don't understand why people see map queues as a good thing? I don't have much free time to play, I'd much rather jump in and play instead of waiting 30mins to get in

  • cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

    It is dying even as we speak , broken promises of balance and alliance is killing the mode and before they get anything released the funeral will be long over. RIP

  • @Boots.2849 said:

    @SexyMofo.8923 said:
    It’s dead. Even with server links, you barely see map queues. Long gone are the days of overflow eotm.

    i don't understand why people see map queues as a good thing? I don't have much free time to play, I'd much rather jump in and play instead of waiting 30mins to get in

    You fight the 20 man PPT groups on the borderlands till your queue pops then you get some content. Its not really a WvW match at that point but the fights can be fun if your server didn't decide to give up for the week again.

  • Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

    I don't know if it's different from server to server, but in my case, what I see mainly is either blobbing or ktraining, what I personally find quite boring (matter of taste of course). It's rare to have "real" fights of organized squads. The few times we are lucky enough to get some, we really enjoy.

    Leading Team of Equinox Solstice [TIME] / Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    WvW server: Henge of Denravi
    https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    it is active to much. On Friday reset I see quene 80-150+ on ebg and 10-30 on others ...

  • It's fairly active in the evenings (UTC-7). Sometimes see 6-12 queue for EBG.
    That said, there's a lot of calls for people to Command. There's 3 Commanders that I see pretty much every single day with the odd newbie but burnout is pretty high.

  • subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

    It really depends on how you define "dead" or "active". I think that is something that is lost on alot of people when they discuss that stuff here. The game mode still has people in it, it will continue to have people in it when it is effectively "dead". The question is rather what those people do and how that affects everybody else. If things devolve to a 2012 state there may still be people around who do what people did back then but there may not be much drive within the community to rebuild something more from there, a drive that existed in 2012.

    The dramatic change that the mode has seen is not in population it is in demographics. A typical pickup group is not smaller today than a couple of years ago but a squad that had perhaps 10 different tags in it a couple of years ago has 45 different tags in it today. That implies a couple of important things when it comes to amounts of available commanders, production of new commanders, the content in the process of producing new commanders, the ease of getting into commanding or the frustrations of continued commanding with more micromanagement required and less self-reliance available.

  • Well I must say, past few days I been on has been not too bad considering I am 11 hours ahead of the server time .

    Had 1 day where I got into a 50+ man squad, the rest either had no tags or 15-25 man squads which was still good enough for me.
    My question has been answered it is still well and alive but I need to find a server more suited for my timezone