Swimsuits and UW skins - [Merged]

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Use the forums search function to see all of the previous threads on this topic. ;)

Maybe you could help people by linking the biggest thread you remember? Although, isn't necroing threads against the rules?

Don't need to necro a thread to read the posts in it. Not like anyone has added anything new to the topic anyway.

What about giving people a convenient link?I think people can use the search function provided. It's not that complicated.

I see...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that this is guild wars, you'd only ever see it if the devs could figure out a logical way to hide our ability to see the butts of our characters when wearing a swimsuit outfit to protect the eyes of delicate people that are scared of what it might say about them if they look at a male butt for more than 1 second...

Since that's not really all that logical, outside of a few silly looking swinsuits from the early 1900s - it probably won't happen.

That annoyance out of the way...

I'd love it if we could get swim suit armor skins... It won't happen, but I can wish.

I'd even settle for the ability to wear pants that were not hidden by a top with light or heavy armor...

Wow man. Thanks for necroing my year old comment by which I still stand. And your solution to turn off other character models is so off point. One of the reasons I chose this game and am still playing it is BECAUSE it has amazing aesthetics and is its world is relatively free from 'anime/sexy nurses/Baywatch bikini models'. Period,

Well most people don't agree with you friend.. the vast majority of the players would prefer swimsuit outfits and it would be a substantial cash crop for arena net.

it would be silly for them to do what the few want instead of listening to the majority.. just saying

@"TheMan.2564" said:

Wow man. Thanks for necroing my year old comment by which I still stand. And your solution to turn off other character models is so off point. One of the reasons I chose this game and am still playing it is BECAUSE it has amazing aesthetics and is its world is relatively free from 'anime/sexy nurses/Baywatch bikini models'. Period,

Well most people don't agree with you friend.. the vast majority of the players would prefer swimsuit outfits and it would be a substantial cash crop for arena net.

it would be silly for them to do what the few want instead of listening to the majority.. just saying

Where is your data to back up your claim of this "vast majority of players" preferences?

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"TheMan.2564" said:

Where is your data to back up your claim of this "vast majority of players" preferences?

Do you have data to back up the opposite? Are you going to link it? No? Yeah, these kind of posts are pointless. But that is true for posts in general.

I am for this and over the years there are many requests for them too. Idk, it really baffles me why some players are so concerned about having swimsuits in the game. Never been to the seasides or swimming pools before? XD Shy of seeing us in bikinis? I mean if we dare to bare ( and I mean in swimsuits in a game! ) why bother to care? lol

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"TheMan.2564" said:

Do you have data to back up the opposite? Are you going to link it? No? Yeah, these kind of posts are pointless. But that is true for posts in general.

So are posts purporting to know how the vast majority of the game's players feel or what that vast majority wants. Such claims, when made, need the support of facts or else they are simply hyperbolic, which is what is pointless. The burden of proof is on the claimant. I don't need to cite facts to the opposite. I'm not the one making the claim.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"TheMan.2564" said:

So are posts purporting to know how the vast majority of the game's players feel or what that vast majority wants. Such claims, when made, need the support of facts or else they are simply hyperbolic, which is what is pointless. The burden of proof is on the claimant. I don't need to cite facts to the opposite. I'm not the one making the claim.

So you're entirely correct I cannot speak for the vast majority of players.. There is no feasible way for me to poll the entire guild wars 2 populous; such a bold statement should be backed with evidence. So I will retract and rephrase. The majority of people on this particular thread overwhelmingly support such an idea and it would in fact generate a lot of cash I know countless people who would jump ship to buy some skins. If you need to evidence to this read the comments.

@TheMan.2564 said:

So you're entirely correct I cannot speak for the vast majority of players.. There is no feasible way for me to poll the entire guild wars 2 populous; such a bold statement should be backed with evidence. So I will retract and rephrase. The majority of people on this particular thread overwhelmingly support such an idea and it would in fact generate a lot of cash I know countless people who would jump ship to buy some skins. If you need to evidence to this read the comments.

The forums represent a very small sub-set of the GW2 player base. That many in this thread advocate in favor is not indicative of anything statistically relevant. I can also state that I know countless people who wouldn't want the developers wasting any time/resources on this kind of thing.

Anyway, good luck with this request.

@TheMan.2564 said:There is no feasible way for me to poll the entire guild wars 2 populous; such a bold statement should be backed with evidence.

the only way to get a bigger sample size (for an opinion or whatever in gw2) is to have an actual pop-up poll ingame (before you select a character) that appears as a notification or small window (non-obtrusive)

but even then there will be people who'll just click ignore/X/hide/dont_remind_me_again and just want to get into playing the game.

The forums represent a very small sub-set of the GW2 player base. That many in this thread advocate in favor is not indicative of anything statistically relevant. I can also state that I know countless people who wouldn't want the developers wasting any time/resources on this kind of thing.

So you concur that most people in this forum share the same opinion. Honestly that's enough for me thanks. Oh and It would be nice for you to make it clear if you stand for or against the swimsuit idea. . Because that's the point of this thread. thanks for your time @ Kharmin.7683

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@TheMan.2564 said:There is no feasible way for me to poll the entire guild wars 2 populous; such a bold statement should be backed with evidence.

the only way to get a bigger sample size (for an opinion or whatever in gw2) is to have an actual pop-up poll ingame (before you select a character) that appears as a notification or small window (non-obtrusive)

but even then there will be people who'll just click ignore/X/hide/dont_remind_me_again and just want to get into playing the game.

True there needs to be a pollYes many players would simply ignore it. but there will always be some hardcore fans who would take the time to fill out a survey having some input is better than none.

@TheMan.2564 said:

So you concur that most people in this forum share the same opinion. Honestly that's enough for me thanks. Oh and It would be nice for you to make it clear if you stand for or against the swimsuit idea. . Because that's the point of this thread. thanks for your time @ Kharmin.7683

No, I concede that most people in this thread, not the forum, share the same opinion. If you're looking for confirmation bias, the forum is full of it on a myriad of suggestions. This thread is another example.

I have made my position clear in one of the previous threads on this topic, so I didn't see the need to repeat it here; however, since you appear interested let me again say that I am opposed to the idea as I would want the developers using their time/resources for other things that might benefit more players. Like game balancing or the current lag issues in LS4 maps, for some examples.

Again, good luck with this request. Should it come to pass, I'm sure that you'll enjoy it very much.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"TheMan.2564" said:

So are posts purporting to know how the vast majority of the game's players feel or what that vast majority wants. Such claims, when made, need the support of facts or else they are simply hyperbolic, which is what is pointless.

Indeed. I was just hoping you could provide some insight that they couldn't, but i guess not.

Ever heard of the vocal minority?

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Please no. Don't ruin the game. There are plenty of other MMORPGs out there where you can trot around in a bikini/miniskirt/[insert any other ridiculous piece of clothing that totally ruins the game atmosphere here]

Then turn on standard models if it bothers you so much. Do not deny a developer of free money they will make off swimsuits and bikinis.

I want swimsuits, bikinis, and other asian-themed outfits like Yukatas, Kimonos, REAL shrine maiden outfit(Miko), etc.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Please no. Don't ruin the game. There are plenty of other MMORPGs out there where you can trot around in a bikini/miniskirt/[insert any other ridiculous piece of clothing that totally ruins the game atmosphere here]

Then turn on standard models if it bothers you so much. Do not deny a developer of free money they will make off swimsuits and bikinis.

I want swimsuits, bikinis, and other asian-themed outfits like Yukatas, Kimonos, REAL shrine maiden outfit(Miko), etc.

Oh, have they finally made it so we can use Standard Models in PVE/Entire game? I've been wanting for that for years, so I can shut off infusions, backpacks, and all the horrible eye cancer people call "fashion" in this game!