Why ppl say GW2 is dead? :|

LilSpark.4567

Even if the game isn't dead or dying, you will feel like it is. Many systems in place in this game alienate players from each other, and I would say a significant number of players on the PVE forums actually prefer this alienation (Wanting to play a solo-game in an MMORPG)

The responses you will hear is that "It's not dead or dying, just go make friends teehee" But you will eventually notice how devoid of life the game has.

People say they want more content...Yet we get new maps every 3 months, new expansions every couple years...i think this is the most "content" I've ever seen a game give out for free and people still want more. Thing is that they can never satiate the desire for meaningful experiences with artificial ones. Those meaningful experiences come from other people. So you'll hardly ever find these meaningful experiences.

Just giving you my own personal and honest opinion on my outlook on the game. Other's will feel free to disagree.

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:Even if the game isn't dead or dying, you will feel like it is. Many systems in place in this game alienate players from each other, and I would say a significant number of players on the PVE forums actually prefer this alienation (Wanting to play a solo-game in an MMORPG)

The responses you will hear is that "It's not dead or dying, just go make friends teehee" But you will eventually notice how devoid of life the game has.

People say they want more content...Yet we get new maps every 3 months, new expansions every couple years...i think this is the most "content" I've ever seen a game give out for free and people still want more. Thing is that they can never satiate the desire for meaningful experiences with artificial ones. Those meaningful experiences come from other people. So you'll hardly ever find these meaningful experiences.

Just giving you my own personal and honest opinion on my outlook on the game. Other's will feel free to disagree.

Thanks for the reply. A lot of people recommend WoW to me but it's not my kind of game. Guild Wars 2 is different from all the mmorpg I've played. It's the only mmorpg that makes me come back every day and invest a lot of hours. But I started to think he was dead because I don't meet a lot of players..

Coming from playing Everquest to GW2 and seeing the GW2 community talk about how the game is dying cracks me up.

For reference, Everquest has like, 4 or 5 developers working on it and put out a $35 expansion once a year that has about as much new content as a couple episodes in GW2.

@Tuco.2419 said:Coming from playing Everquest to GW2 and seeing the GW2 community talk about how the game is dying cracks me up.

For reference, Everquest has like, 4 or 5 developers working on it and put out a $35 expansion once a year that has about as much new content as a couple episodes in GW2.

The idea is that I'm new to the game and everyone tells me I'm playing a dead game..

@"LilSpark.4567" said:Hello guys, i have a questions, i am new in the game, i play this game from 10 days and i play this game with the dlcs and my friends and other ppl tell me i waste time to play gw2 bcs is a dead game. Is that true?

No, it is not true. The game is not dead. But it is a game that is 8 years old, so there are a lot of veterans, that are "over" with this game, or that are more focussing on the parts of the game they still like and I guess there are at the moment not a lot of new players coming to the game (this will probably change when the game will be released to steam in the future).

Next week Tuesday will be released a new DLC (for the next episode of the season 5, Ice Brood Saga, which is free if you log in at least once in the weeks of the episode) and there is also the next expansion in the works (End of Dragons) that is scheduled for next year.

P.S. I also criticized Season 5 and the game company, but I have to admit that the game is not dead.

The game is very spread out and is 8 years old so the illusion of being dead exists.

Most people say it's dead because their favourite bit may not get the love it once had and it is clear the resources aren't always as invested as they once were (hence why have the PoF skill lag issue from April unfixed).

A lot of players seem to ignore the fact that players are constantly moving around, constantly active doing things as well because the game is so well set up to do what you want, when you want rather than stagnating by having players standing around doing nothing but chatting which unfiortunately has damaged a lot of MMOs in the past.

So no it is not dead. Neglected at times, but not dead

@"LilSpark.4567" said:But I started to think he was dead because I don't meet a lot of players..players count is not matter.As player who play another big mmo game where on server where 150 people in peak day time the words "I don't meet a lot of players" looks very very strange.On wvvw enough people,. sometimes to much for me. Depend from class, role and vision.

@"LilSpark.4567" said:The idea is that I'm new to the game and everyone tells me I'm playing a dead game..one of my fiend say that this is dead game asap after hot relise. But he still login each day, and play each weekends .. Probably he also understand term "dead" himselfly.Dead is normal sate of description of any game. Exsamples:For example many people say that lineage2 is dead after C4,what wow is dead after lichking, ..many people say that Ragnarok Online relized 2002 is dead, and this is true .. also nice and true that many people play Ragnarok Online in 2020 too.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:U asked if a game is dying in its forum? A game is never dying if u ask in its forum, even if it's only got 25% of its playerbase left those 25% will inform u how much the game isnt dying. Not saying it is or isnt just saying what happens when u ask in a games forum.

Is it true but where else to ask? I mean, I thought that if I ask on the game forum, people answer honestly and tell the truth. I also read those lies from mmopopulation that it has 600k + daily pick players ... I thought that here I will find out the truth to say so.

@LilSpark.4567 said:also read those lies from mmopopulation that it has 600k + daily pick players ...we calculate daily login's players and who can play only 1-4h per week? if yes - the number looks valid fort me. Aslo not small count player play only personal story in single instance and you never see them .. Many play in const party cm/raid content and you also never see them. ..

I thought that here I will find out the truth to say so.you need first understand terms of word. Be ready the many player play dead games, and they like it.

The one of true sign of any dead game: no be in cyber sport list. This is ok for me? YES. I like that very much. If someone want cyber sport future - guildwars2 is dead for him/her.

@lare.5129 said:

@LilSpark.4567 said:also read those lies from mmopopulation that it has 600k + daily pick players ...we calculate daily login's players and who can play only 1-4h per week? if yes - the number looks valid fort me.

I thought that here I will find out the truth to say so.you need first understand terms of word. Be ready the many player play dead games, and they like it.

The one of true sign of any dead game: no be in cyber sport list. This is ok for me? YES. I like that very much. If someone want cyber sport future - guildwars2 is dead for him/her.

Guild Wars 2 has already been in and left the esports scene

There is no way to know how many players GW2 has, currently or in total because only Anet has that information and they don't share it.

What we do know is that the game is still being actively developed; there's a new release coming next Tuesday, and more planned after that, and an expansion which will likely come out some time next year.

As for population you can see yourself in-game. Some areas are quieter than others and some times of day are quieter too, for example if you log in now you'll see relatively few people because it's about 2pm in Europe and about 6am in America, on a week day, so most people are either at work, asleep or getting ready for work. Wait 4 hours for the EU servers and 10 hours for NA and you'll see a lot more people in the game. But even now if you go to somewhere like Rata Sum or Divinity's Reach, or go to do a world boss event you'll see lots of people around and there will be various people in the other maps as well. Next Tuesday you'll probably see even more people online, because there's a new Living World episode (basically free DLC) being released.

So no, the game is not dead. Some areas might not be as busy as they used to be and some people have gotten bored with the game, but overall it's still active and there's no reason to expect it will shut down any time soon.

@LilSpark.4567 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:U asked if a game is dying in its forum? A game is never dying if u ask in its forum, even if it's only got 25% of its playerbase left those 25% will inform u how much the game isnt dying. Not saying it is or isnt just saying what happens when u ask in a games forum.

Is it true but where else to ask? I mean, I thought that if I ask on the game forum, people answer honestly and tell the truth. I also read those lies from mmopopulation that it has 600k + daily pick players ... I thought that here I will find out the truth to say so.

Honestly a games forum or a completing games forums are the 2 worst places to ask because both will be naturally met with extreme bias for the most part, its human nature. Beat ways to tell is playing and see if its personally dead feeling for u, second the general consensus u get around game forums not spacific to any one game or just through the general consensus of mmo gamers, in the mmo world where gw2 sitting right now among the gaming circles, not where it was 2 years ago but presently?I'm not sure bit hopefully u find ur answer.

@"Mortifera.6138" said:Every game is "dying".

Yes haha. I have played this game almost eveyday from first Day this game was out. The game has the Best and most smooth combat if u compare it to other mmos. U Pay almost nothing for this game and there so much to so. The game is not dead People be sayin that for almost All games. U money is good spend in this game trust me.

@LilSpark.4567 said:Hello guys, i have a questions, i am new in the game, i play this game from 10 days and i play this game with the dlcs and my friends and other ppl tell me i waste time to play gw2 bcs is a dead game. Is that true?

Its not. Every game has alarmists. There is much to do here if you are new and a large world to explore. Welcome!