SoulBeast Pew-Pew is out of hand

Straegen.2938

@tippolit.3591 said:

@Straegen.2938 said:Gain Quickness, press button, kill most players from a ridiculous range often from a wall. With 3500 toughness and 18k health, you might survive. Even dodging it leaves a > player one 5k auto shot away from death. It is the least skilled way to get easy kills.

No, the least skilled way to get kills by far is scourge. Press a button .. run into opponent(s). Get over it. Defending from a wall is an extremely dangerous proposition to start with.

I have far fewer problems with Scourge than with Rangers. They seldom travel alone though, and it's easy to get in trouble when I forget that.

I like the idea of Barrier, but it feels like a cop out instead of truly addressing power creep.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Skada.1362 said:lol @ anyone claiming to main ranger for years and not hitting targets for more than 5-6k with sic 'em active.

With out.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I don't recall ever hitting anyone who wasn't an uplevel or naked for anything higher than a 6k Long Range Shot (average 4 - 5k, 3k or so on someone who's not full glass) without having "Sic 'Em!" active. And I've been playing a full glass Ranger for years.

9k Long Range Shots are easy with it active.

Again, "Sic 'Em!" is the main issue here. Adjust how this skill interacts with the Ranger first and follow up adjustments can be made if it's still an issue. This is how balancing should be done... Not nuking an entire spec just because people cry a lot. Unfortunately ANet usually listens to those whiners though.

Soulbeast is overtuned, we can all agree on that. Now if only everyone could give reasonable feedback instead of posting meme videos and cropped screenshots as a basis for why they think it should be removed from having any potential for viability.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Skada.1362 said:lol @ anyone claiming to main ranger for years and not hitting targets for more than 5-6k with sic 'em active.

With
out.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I don't recall ever hitting anyone who wasn't an uplevel or naked for anything higher than a 6k Long Range Shot (average 4 - 5k, 3k or so on someone who's not full glass)
without
having "Sic 'Em!" active. And I've been playing a full glass Ranger for years.

9k Long Range Shots are easy
with
it active.

I play on glass Weaver FA/staff. A auto attack hits me for 7-8k and up to 11k+ with Sic 'Em.

@juno.1840 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:All that needs to be done is to have the damage modifier from "Sic 'Em!" reduced either to 5% or 10%. Ranger in general has enough damage modifiers as is. It really does not need +40% on a single skill.

when I mentioned this earlier people were like "what are you talking about, bruh".

but it's not just Sic'Em that is the problem. Multiple traits that allow the Soulbeast to reach without Sic'Em over 4k power, 260% ferocity and 70% accuracy. that is the real issue.

r9o5o0M.png

this here is my soulbeast with bloodlust sigil, not ruins, without might stacks and Sic'Em, enjoy.

Can do the same with Warrior, Revenant, Necro, Ele and I think Guard as well. Heck, I can get 100% crit chance on Reaper with less than 50% base crit chance.

No you can't.

The stat total for SB is higher than any other profession when in beast mode. I rolled one this week to play with and it's crazy stupid. Lot's of fun, but yeah...

Don't believe me? Pick any profession and roll whatever stats you can. I'll come back with more on a SB. It's from the Beast Mastery trait line and the pet when in beast mode. Add in damage modifiers (and there's a ton... +dmg with health, +dmg with ferocity boon, Sic'em, more ferocity, more crit), and it's insane. Just plug the data into an effective power calculator and nothing else will match.

My thief challenges this lol. So many modifiers

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:All that needs to be done is to have the damage modifier from "Sic 'Em!" reduced either to 5% or 10%. Ranger in general has enough damage modifiers as is. It really does not need +40% on a single skill.

when I mentioned this earlier people were like "what are you talking about, bruh".

but it's not just Sic'Em that is the problem. Multiple traits that allow the Soulbeast to reach without Sic'Em over 4k power, 260% ferocity and 70% accuracy. that is the real issue.

r9o5o0M.png

this here is my soulbeast with bloodlust sigil, not ruins, without might stacks and Sic'Em, enjoy.

Can do the same with Warrior, Revenant, Necro, Ele and I think Guard as well. Heck, I can get 100% crit chance on Reaper with less than 50% base crit chance.

No you can't.

The stat total for SB is higher than any other profession when in beast mode. I rolled one this week to play with and it's crazy stupid. Lot's of fun, but yeah...

Don't believe me? Pick any profession and roll whatever stats you can. I'll come back with more on a SB. It's from the Beast Mastery trait line and the pet when in beast mode. Add in damage modifiers (and there's a ton... +dmg with health, +dmg with ferocity boon, Sic'em, more ferocity, more crit), and it's insane. Just plug the data into an effective power calculator and nothing else will match.

My thief challenges this lol. So many modifiers

Understood -- my argument is stat wise, nobody can beat SB. I wasn't saying that damage modifiers are the best, although they are very good. Combine the two and SB can do some crazy damage while having great health, decent toughness, etc.

Here's the stats on my SB with 50/50 Marauder's + Soldiers, and food/oil (NO BOONS, NO STACKS, NO TOWER, NO BLOODLUST):

Power: 2879Armor: 2860Health: 25322 (vitality of 1940)Crit: 45% (precision of 1847)Crit Dmg: +210% (ferocity of 904)Boons: +15%

Add Ferocity boon and crit becomes 75%. Add stacks and power becomes 3129. Minor bloodlust, another 30 to all. Tower bonus, another 100 to all.

I'm NOT saying Marauder+Soldier is ideal... just showing my stats. Go whatever stats you want. My point is with same gear, SB will always have more.

It's an impressive package for sure.

Watching that Vid, that Ranger is mostly attacking Necros, Thieves, and Eles. There are a few others there mixed in as well. However, I guarantee almost all of those players were Glass Cannon "Roaming" builds. I'm pretty sure also that a lot of those were unskilled players that heard from the grapevine that Thief and Mesmer were OP in WvW and had no idea how to properly play them. Another good thing about videos is that you can edit them to show EXACTLY what you want to show. Now let's see the video where a Ranger dies a thousand times before getting a kill in. Where's THAT video? Rangers are fine where they are.

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Watching that Vid, that Ranger is mostly attacking Necros, Thieves, and Eles. There are a few others there mixed in as well. However, I guarantee almost all of those players were Glass Cannon "Roaming" builds. I'm pretty sure also that a lot of those were unskilled players that heard from the grapevine that Thief and Mesmer were OP in WvW and had no idea how to properly play them. Another good thing about videos is that you can edit them to show EXACTLY what you want to show. Now let's see the video where a Ranger dies a thousand times before getting a kill in. Where's THAT video? Rangers are fine where they are.

Ofc they are fine, 10k on auto attack is balanced and everyone should be able to do it too.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Watching that Vid, that Ranger is mostly attacking Necros, Thieves, and Eles. There are a few others there mixed in as well. However, I guarantee almost all of those players were Glass Cannon "Roaming" builds. I'm pretty sure also that a lot of those were unskilled players that heard from the grapevine that Thief and Mesmer were OP in WvW and had no idea how to properly play them. Another good thing about videos is that you can edit them to show EXACTLY what you want to show. Now let's see the video where a Ranger dies a thousand times before getting a kill in. Where's THAT video? Rangers are fine where they are.

Ofc they are fine, 10k on auto attack is balanced and everyone should be able to do it too.

No, not everyone should be able to do it. That's why it's called balance. There are classes that can take a 10k hit and there are classes that can't. If you play glass, don't expect to take a 10k hit. I've seen Thieves dish out 10k+. I've seen Mesmers dish out 10k+. I've also seen Rangers hit for less than 5k. People are taking things out of context, again videos can show exactly what you want them to show, and trying to use that as a way to cry about their death that they felt was completely unfair and shouldn't have happened "Because I'm a GOOD player!!!". Rangers have been the red-headed step child of WvW for the LONGEST time. Now they are finally usable and everybody hates it and wants to stomp it back down into the mud. I repeat, Rangers are FINE where they are right now.

The only problem with Soulbeast, is the arrow trajectory exceeding 1500 range into 1800 range.

Player character skills that exceed 1500 range are broken. The game wasn't designed with that in mind. You can kite 1500 range with dodges etc, but 1800 range is RIP.

@Inoki.6048 said:

r9o5o0M.png

btw, we need a new mount.

what gear/specs are you running? you say you're not running runes but that doesn't make much sense... I could edit an image as well... but if this is legit then seeing the information that gives this would be helpful. I run very close to that with marauders etc but not without using runes.

I'm in full zerker and the only way I can match those stats is melded with power runes, power/prec food, power oil and wielding an axe. I'm also sitting in a keep with the guild 'presence of the keep' aura ;)Longbow is those stats minus the bonus for wielding an axe, (still using honed axes trait). A little exaggeration going there as regards the claim of no runes etc.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@"Mokk.2397" said:What's out of hand is the Scourge ,Firebrand Meta .And your just Mad because people found a way to upset that precious meta .Its not the SB that's over powered it that you are under armored. Dump the Meta and put some cloths on . I want to see more Soul beasts in WvW so we can trash this ridiculous Scourge bomb Boon share Meta . You accuse Rangers of the least effort for the reward ? Look in the mirror .Scourge , Firebrand, Holosmith and Mirage take the least effort in game .Rangers/Soul Beast have to dump every thing into power and precision with little defense and no chance of survival if they mess up the skill chain.And that's just to crack the defenses of the current Meta cheese builds .Ya that's right , the current Meta is total cheese at the highest level this game has ever encountered .I'm proud of all the rangers, soul beast and druids out there because at least they have to use a great deal of effort and skill to play decently.So kitten you and the horse you rode in on !

Check out the videos, if you think hitting for 50k+ means "run more armor" you need a better grasp of how math works. That would one shot anyone.

You can also see all of the mobility and invulns, that should not be available to a class that hits that hard.

Sic em needs dropped to 10%

You cant go by that video because its completely one sided .What are the opponents wearing?Who knows ? Just looking at it I can see they're probably not wearing hardly any armor at all.And they.er not trying to retaliate,attack or even run away which leaves me to believe all the opponents are inexperienced and unequipped.Probably PVE noobs .That's the problem with these videos being used as definitive evidence they're BIASED . I can tell you from experience that that kind of damage is impossible against experienced well equipped opponents.Other classes have far more invuls ,evades and mobility than a soulbeast does by far.So please stop covering over the facts with BS.All you have to support your argument is an edited single sided video that some jackass put together to get Youtube hits.You need to get a grasp on reality!

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:Watching that Vid, that Ranger is mostly attacking Necros, Thieves, and Eles. There are a few others there mixed in as well. However, I guarantee almost all of those players were Glass Cannon "Roaming" builds. I'm pretty sure also that a lot of those were unskilled players that heard from the grapevine that Thief and Mesmer were OP in WvW and had no idea how to properly play them. Another good thing about videos is that you can edit them to show EXACTLY what you want to show. Now let's see the video where a Ranger dies a thousand times before getting a kill in. Where's THAT video? Rangers are fine where they are.

No, not everyone should be able to do it. That's why it's called balance.

Didn't you disagree on this with me a while ago lol.

@Mokk.2397 said:

@Mokk.2397 said:What's out of hand is the Scourge ,Firebrand Meta .And your just Mad because people found a way to upset that precious meta .Its not the SB that's over powered it that you are under armored. Dump the Meta and put some cloths on . I want to see more Soul beasts in WvW so we can trash this ridiculous Scourge bomb Boon share Meta . You accuse Rangers of the least effort for the reward ? Look in the mirror .Scourge , Firebrand, Holosmith and Mirage take the least effort in game .Rangers/Soul Beast have to dump every thing into power and precision with little defense and no chance of survival if they mess up the skill chain.And that's just to crack the defenses of the current Meta cheese builds .Ya that's right , the current Meta is total cheese at the highest level this game has ever encountered .I'm proud of all the rangers, soul beast and druids out there because at least they have to use a great deal of effort and skill to play decently.So kitten you and the horse you rode in on !

Check out the videos, if you think hitting for 50k+ means "run more armor" you need a better grasp of how math works. That would one shot anyone.

You can also see all of the mobility and invulns, that should not be available to a class that hits that hard.

You cant go by that video because its completely one sided .What are the opponents wearing?Who knows ? Just looking at it I can see they're probably not wearing hardly any armor at all.And they.er not trying to retaliate,attack or even run away which leaves me to believe all the opponents are inexperienced and unequipped.Probably PVE noobs .That's the problem with these videos being used as definitive evidence they're BIASED . I can tell you from experience that that kind of damage is impossible against experienced well equipped opponents.Other classes have far more invuls ,evades and mobility than a soulbeast does by far.So please stop covering over the facts with BS.All you have to support your argument is an edited single sided video that some kitten put together to get Youtube hits.You need to get a grasp on reality!

I guess if you aren't able to react fast enough against someone who can burst you down in a couple seconds at ~1800 range, sometimes with the help from stealth, you're a PvE noob now huh? :^)

Sure, the guy in the video is running a extremely cheese build, but that doesn't mean this is not a problem.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:The only problem with Soulbeast, is the arrow trajectory exceeding 1500 range into 1800 range.

Player character skills that exceed 1500 range are broken. The game wasn't designed with that in mind. You can kite 1500 range with dodges etc, but 1800 range is RIP.

THIS. Guns follow the rules and their projectiles don't go past the range in the tooltip, while bows for some reason are able to go a little bit past their supposed max range.

@Creaitov.6328 said:

@Mokk.2397 said:What's out of hand is the Scourge ,Firebrand Meta .And your just Mad because people found a way to upset that precious meta .Its not the SB that's over powered it that you are under armored. Dump the Meta and put some cloths on . I want to see more Soul beasts in WvW so we can trash this ridiculous Scourge bomb Boon share Meta . You accuse Rangers of the least effort for the reward ? Look in the mirror .Scourge , Firebrand, Holosmith and Mirage take the least effort in game .Rangers/Soul Beast have to dump every thing into power and precision with little defense and no chance of survival if they mess up the skill chain.And that's just to crack the defenses of the current Meta cheese builds .Ya that's right , the current Meta is total cheese at the highest level this game has ever encountered .I'm proud of all the rangers, soul beast and druids out there because at least they have to use a great deal of effort and skill to play decently.So kitten you and the horse you rode in on !

You cant go by that video because its completely one sided .What are the opponents wearing?Who knows ? Just looking at it I can see they're probably not wearing hardly any armor at all.And they.er not trying to retaliate,attack or even run away which leaves me to believe all the opponents are inexperienced and unequipped.Probably PVE noobs .That's the problem with these videos being used as definitive evidence they're BIASED . I can tell you from experience that that kind of damage is impossible against experienced well equipped opponents.Other classes have far more invuls ,evades and mobility than a soulbeast does by far.So please stop covering over the facts with BS.All you have to support your argument is an edited single sided video that some kitten put together to get Youtube hits.You need to get a grasp on reality!

I guess if you aren't able to react fast enough against someone who can burst you down in a couple seconds at ~1800 range, sometimes with the help from stealth, you're a PvE noob now huh? :^)

Sure, the guy in the video is running a extremely cheese build, but that doesn't mean this is not a problem.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:The only problem with Soulbeast, is the arrow trajectory exceeding 1500 range into 1800 range.

THIS. Guns follow the rules and their projectiles don't go past the range in the tooltip, while bows for some reason are able to go a little bit past their supposed max range.

You literally dodge it and they don't die. Whenever i play vs a necro or core ele etc they die to it but when it is a core war or thief they suddenly know how to dodge it twice and counterattack hmmmm.....

@Creaitov.6328 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:The only problem with Soulbeast, is the arrow trajectory exceeding 1500 range into 1800 range.

Theirs no way you can convince me or anyone who has any logic at all can use that video as conclusive evidence .I don't give rats backside what the guys build is . We still don't know what the others are wearing .Beside 2 seconds in WvW is an eternity .If you just stand there like the people do in that video It's pretty darn conclusive they don't know what they are doing.All this thread is just another complainer gets killed and blames another class for his/her defeat. "OH NO I GOT KILLED BY A RANGER THAT"S NOT RIGHT! ANET PLEASE DO SOMETHING!"As for bursting people down in a second , any class can do that if spec'ed for it.Heck I can do over 300k on a chicken does that make me over powered ? No the chicken has no defenses.The argument that soulbeast is over powered is empty

@Mokk.2397 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:The only problem with Soulbeast, is the arrow trajectory exceeding 1500 range into 1800 range.

Theirs no way you can convince me or anyone who has any logic at all can use that video as conclusive evidence .I don't give rats backside what the guys build is . We still don't know what the others are wearing .Beside 2 seconds in WvW is an eternity .If you just stand there like the people do in that video It's pretty darn conclusive they don't know what they are doing.All this thread is just another complainer gets killed and blames another class for his/her defeat. "OH NO I GOT KILLED BY A RANGER THAT"S NOT RIGHT! ANET PLEASE DO SOMETHING!"As for bursting people down in a second , any class can do that if spec'ed for it.Heck I can do over 300k on a chicken does that make me over powered ? No the chicken has no defenses.The argument that soulbeast is over powered is empty

You are delusional. You will not accept any arguement. Its like telling a criminal why doing crime is bad. If it knew it is bad he wouldnt' do it. You will understand only when you yourself realize it because your mind is too close minded for any logic given by others.

@"Anput.4620" said:All these necros complaining when for all of PoF literally 50% of the map is necros lmao, you can't complain not being good at one thing when you define the meta in the other thing, thats called balance.

I know you're not addressing me directly but, I want to go ahead and share this:

hqGW5u4.jpg

I've been a Necro main for going on 6 years. I've also been aggressively defending Ranger because I think it deserves a place in WvW as a sniper and +1. As it currently is however, it could stand to suffer a few adjustments without removing it's viability.

On a somewhat unrelated topic, D/P Daredevil was recently nerfed as was condi Mirage. If we continue to reduce the killing power of roamers and +1's, small scale will eventually regress in to another condition meta and everyone will be unkillable. As soon as Soulbeast is nerfed, it'll be Revenant that's the next target for complaints. After that, well... We'll see what happens I guess.

While I agree that combat is never FAIR, there are some things that are frustrating, in that depending on location, proximity of groups, size of groups, etc, etc, ......some of this stuff doesn't go over well with a lot of people. Mostly, because the servers are like waiting on my Ti-86 calculator to roll out a few 90* offset sine waves. Most times, people go down to a machine-gun attack before they even see it, because the servers are so GD slow. That isn't gonna change - especially for a decreasing crowd of very select people, who still choose to play a very old, very cobbled-together game.

It literally is like bringing a tank to a paperclip fight in some cases - but there is a solution. If you're not a hunter, don't go anywhere in less than threes. Done. Not enough? Take four. And while they waste their time hoping for a single kill of some idiot who was dumb enough to run across the battlefield alone - your group will take 4 camps, 2 towers, a keep, 6 sentries, do the dailies, all your guild missions.....etc, etc, etc.

Let's be honest - this game is OVERWHELMINGLY about numbers now. Great fight guilds get smashed by pug groups of 50+, and there's nothing that's gonna change about that! Do you think the world wars were won by a single moron chasing an entire division through the mud with a stapler? No! He served one summons, and then they shot him 600 times!

When people realize that roaming is on it's way out - for the most part - and start ganging up, the roamers will disappear. Pew-pew brings little to primal warfare, and those folks will be relegated to wasting their time for a couple T5 mats over 4 hours, and give up.....join the group, and get something done.

Really, from what I've seen, the odd-troublesome ranger is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet-FA in comparison to the future problem - that maps will simply run as a single glob.....And when big guilds or groups start harassing those roamers to get off the map (mostly through hate and verbal abuse) - to make way for like-minded individuals......well, I'll probably buy Just Cause 4 and do something else.

I'm not advocating for either side - I'm just saying, that's how I see it going. As much as I hate getting caught off-guard by a ranger, that's their job. Yeah, it sucks, but in a few extra numbers, they'll be forced to take cover under the feet of the mob.

In my eyes, de-evolution and distaste will probably be this expansion's downfall - it's bad enough already with the WvW trolling, so when my guild partakes in the back-and-forth, I simply log off. You can do the same. Ranger? Yeah, I'll fully send it if they're silver or better, (and hopefully 1v1 - because I suck) but I certainly don't expect to live - and I really don't care anymore! You CAN waypoint.....Bore them to death.....it's all on YOU!

@"XECOR.2814" said:

You are delusional. You will not accept any arguement. Its like telling a criminal why doing crime is bad. If it knew it is bad he wouldnt' do it. You will understand only when you yourself realize it because your mind is too close minded for any logic given by others.

How am I delusional rejecting flawed arguments .The video in question doesn't prove anything because WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE KILLED OPPONENTS STATS ARE.That's not an unreasonable argument against the evidence presented in the video .I run full berzerkers stats (except shoulder which is minstrals) with might infusions across the board with full triple might infused rings and double might infused backpack ,.superior scholar runes, sigil of strength ,full blood lust stack ,superior sharpening stones with precision/ferocity food while in Beast mode with Ferocious pet modifier And still cannot achieve what previous posters have said they can do without runes and bloodlust stack.It's pretty darn obvious that that that person is being buffed by someone else because all the stats are green .And I know those posts are BS because Sic Em doesn't modify the power stat ,it modifies the damage.Ferostity only stacks 20% once, then all else is stacked duration..Here's my Soul Beast in a level 80 zone. These stats are acheivable by any class .This isn't speculation or an empty testimony its fact .So tell me ,who's BSing who here

• QBb5yKa.jpg

@Mokk.2397 said:

How am I delusional rejecting flawed arguments .The video in question doesn't prove anything because WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE KILLED OPPONENTS STATS ARE.That's not an unreasonable argument against the evidence presented in the video .

Your stats won't save you against this. You may me migating a oneshot with high defense, but with a bad build you are going to die anyway. The weakness of this build are not necessary stats. You can deny it with passive traits, blocks(mostly), invulns, protection, condis (weakness + blind) and of course dodging. To answer your question, looking at the footage most players were probably Zerk and Maraudeur and one of the eles was 100% cele.