AFK mob Farming

Just wondering if you all ever going to do anything about this. Legit logged on to a spot with 1 guy running 10+ accounts all spamming the care package skill for engi just farming 15+mobs on spawn. Kind of kills my want to get on and actually farm my kitten you know.  See the same kind of bs during bauble farming where as long as you spam buffs you get credit can you all i dunno kittening change it to where they need to maybe move a bit to actually get drops because he's getting what 120-150 chances at drops every minute or so which also effects the market.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Goettel.4389 said:

How does it affect your play though?

it can affect not only the perception of the game it can also affect the in game economy and it just seems to be something pointless that is allowed I don't care if its just a single toon just chilling but this is a legitimate farm but hey I guess its okay to let gold farmers do their thing with no restrictions. There are always consequences for allowing different actions that many do and will see as questionable for gameplay.

Edited by hiyares.7924
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Having multiple accounts its not against the tos, neither is multiboxing in pve, neither is standing still for no reason. i dont agree with him farming with 12 accounts but its not against the rules. 

Really should be since it just gives gold sellers free reign to do whatever they want. It kills motivation for players to even bother when they just see a large farm sitting there looks bad for the game honestly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, hiyares.7924 said:

Really should be since it just gives gold sellers free reign to do whatever they want. It kills motivation for players to even bother when they just see a large farm sitting there looks bad for the game honestly.

i agree with you only if they exploit bauble farm in verdant brink, them farming wood or some other junk i really dont care about.

• Haha 1

Just now, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i agree with you only if they exploit bauble farm in verdant brink, them farming wood or some other junk i really dont care about.

Well think of this as a more efficient bauble farming currently farming dust costing what 10-15 silver depending on how it jumps around its a normal drop now lets say the dude i found about 10 toons insta killing mobs on spawn killing a total of 12-15 every respawn. with how drops work that is 120 to 150 chances for drops every lets say 3minutes  multiply that by 20 and lets give it a lets say a 20% drop rate.  he is making 45 to 90 gold depending on drop rates last time i did bauble at max it was 15g every hour n 20 mins give or take. so yeah its better than bauble farming to do it by what 3x to 6x

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Hannelore.8153 said:

They're not actually getting that much loot. You need to read about Diminishing Returns (DR) on the wiki.

The devs already dealt with bots affecting the market a long time ago.

The only way to "remove" DR is to go somewhere else for a length of time that is partly random and partly dependent on how much DR that character has. Usually, it lasts no more than 15-20 minutes if the character actively participates in other content.

So they have to take a break from time to time? that doesn't stop anything when ppl will run a lot of toons at once and just have it tp to a different spot at an event or log out for an hour then come back in. It doesn't say how long they  can sit there it just says  there will be a break in between. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, hiyares.7924 said:

it can affect not only the perception of the game it can also affect the in game economy and it just seems to be something pointless that is allowed I don't care if its just a single toon just chilling but this is a legitimate farm but hey I guess its okay to let gold farmers do their thing with no restrictions. There are always consequences for allowing different actions that many do and will see as questionable for gameplay.

And someone farming virtual stuff in a video game is affecting you how?

If you would play a fantasy MMO as intended instead the trade market you wouldn't even notice.

I don't even get why a video game needs an economy.

As far as i am concerned, get you bots out and farm forever. This doesn't affect my Fractal runs in the slightest

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

6 hours ago, hiyares.7924 said:

Well think of this as a more efficient bauble farming currently farming dust costing what 10-15 silver depending on how it jumps around its a normal drop now lets say the dude i found about 10 toons insta killing mobs on spawn killing a total of 12-15 every respawn. with how drops work that is 120 to 150 chances for drops every lets say 3minutes  multiply that by 20 and lets give it a lets say a 20% drop rate.  he is making 45 to 90 gold depending on drop rates last time i did bauble at max it was 15g every hour n 20 mins give or take. so yeah its better than bauble farming to do it by what 3x to 6x

okay so what?

Let them earn 15.000 gold per minute, i don't see the problem here.

This is a video game.

If you want to complain over really outrageous economy issues, go on riot that a corporate like Daimler-Chrysler is paying less taxes than a painter company with 5 employees.

This way you would do something meaningful

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

Real life issues aint making in game issues not an issue? Glad for you that you don't care about in game economy, doesn't means no one should?

Some ppl actually use their in game currencies for.... conveniences, fashion ect? To enjoy the game i d say. And yeah bots both increase overall cost of things, and decrease the value of those who try to enjoy to farm the same stuff.

Beside you can care both for rl taxes and ig bots, tho one should be slightly easier to deal with.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 10/2/2021 at 2:49 PM, hiyares.7924 said:

Just wondering if you all ever going to do anything about this. Legit logged on to a spot with 1 guy running 10+ accounts all spamming the care package skill for engi just farming 15+mobs on spawn. Kind of kills my want to get on and actually farm my kitten you know.  See the same kind of bs during bauble farming where as long as you spam buffs you get credit can you all i dunno kittening change it to where they need to maybe move a bit to actually get drops because he's getting what 120-150 chances at drops every minute or so which also effects the market.

So let me get this straight, you are upset because someone is farming , and its ruining your farming? Oh my well farming is farming, whether you use 1 account or half a dozen, we all farm. So should anet remove farming in the game? Maybe you are better at farming for gold than me, I demand they do something because its not fair, you get to make more gold than me! Besides multiboxing isnt illegal, what is illegal is running combat scripts and chain macros, running bot software to automate your character. Not against the rules to pop spam an ability to take down mobs as long as you are the one doing it. I bet when you farm you do it as fast as possible spamming what abilities will do the best aoe damage on a group. We are all farmers, we even call it a farm when we do things like istan or drizzelwood or w/e farm we are on. I guess people wont be happy till nothing drops from mobs. 

And back to the afk thing, how do you know he is afk? AFK requires bot software program to run the character for you. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

17 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

And back to the afk thing, how do you know he is afk? AFK requires bot software program to run the character for you. 

5 hours ago, Kaleygh.1524 said:

Afk doesnt require a bot software, it can be done with a simple keyboard/mouse macro that takes 5 min to setup

Neither are necessarily true when it comes to necromancers. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kaleygh.1524 said:

What you aren`t saying is that when you farm like that, you are actually afk. No sane person will stare at the same image for a whole day, pressing the same buttons. I think that is why people like you are scared that Anet might look closer at this and shut it down. And yes, "its just a game", but its an MMO and what you do or say in game might affect others, that is when morality is important. 

Anet can look at my account all day long, I have 57 gold to my name. I dont farm anything when I used to join the Istan AB meta event  groups ect that is the kind of farming I did.  Istan run till high and mighty people like you got it nerfed, like you will get DC and BM nerfed too. You say a multiboxer with 10 accounts ruins the economy, no it dont its no worse than 10 separate accounts dumping their mats. No worse than when AB DS GC BM giant metas let out and everyone dumps their mats. I dont AFK anything because I barely play, this last week is the first time I was able to play for a while. Everyone farms in this game to one extent or the other. Whether you run the event meta farms, go around tagging nodes, sit and spam kill mobs, or whipping out the credit card , farming isnt just about autobots, its any activity you do to gain currency or a drop item or a resource on a regular basis. Like most of the people that play this game , what do  you think they do park in LA all day long? No they have a routine, they log in some do their chest looting where they park alts, some do key runs, most do the big event farms, some farm fractals its all farming. I like when people get high and mighty about what others do, when they do it themselves in one form or another.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

Do we still get gold spammers then? Not had one for a while.

I haven't played this game that long but I have never once seen a gold spammer. Didnt even know that was a thing here, in wow it used to be a major occurrence, but I have never seen it here. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Blude.6812 said:

'nuff said. They were here all the time, used to be a daily ocurance in chat. Good job Anet.

Well yeah good job in wow they would drop out of the sky in major cities spelling out the gold sites blizz destroyed that and by the time I left wow you never seen the spam in chat or the bodies in cities anymore. I mean the gold sites are still around just they dont have to advertise anymore with smartphones people just go to them now. Gem sellers are a thing here, yet just like wow GW2 cant shut down the sites. Must be a legal issues because I would think they would go after the selling sites. But they never do.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Soulsignnuub.2098 said:

AFK farming is against TOS. Send them a message in game, if they don't respond. Report them. I don't know if they actually get banned though. 

First of all, you don't know if this person is AFK farming, you just assume and judge as you wish

And how is it of your business to message someone and if they don't answer back to report them?????

If you would approach me ingame, i would put you on my ignore list.

It's Anet job to figure out who is AFK farmer and who is not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

First of all, you don't know if this person is AFK farming, you just assume and judge as you wish

And how is it of your business to message someone and if they don't answer back to report them?????

If you would approach me ingame, i would put you on my ignore list.

It's Anet job to figure out who is AFK farmer and who is not.

I love responses like this "you don't know if they're afk farming" or the old "maybe they just got up to answer the door". 

Yes, half a dozen minionmancers were all within one pixel spot of each other with GS4 set to autocast, fortuitously in a spot where the mobs drop valuable loot + volatile magic or whatever, and every player had somebody come to the door at the same time and they've been standing talking at the door for hours at a time, day in and day out, to the extent that you see the same people setup in the same spots.

How about instead:  "I know it when I see it".  Report them all, let Anet sort 'em out.

Edited by thehipone.6812
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, thehipone.6812 said:

I love responses like this "you don't know if they're afk farming" or the old "maybe they just got up to answer the door". 

Yes, half a dozen minionmancers were all within one pixel spot of each other with GS4 set to autocast, fortuitously in a spot where the mobs drop valuable loot + volatile magic or whatever, and every player had somebody come to the door at the same time and they've been standing talking at the door for hours at a time, day in and day out, to the extent that you see the same people setup in the same spots.

How about instead:  "I know it when I see it".  Report them all, let Anet sort 'em out.

Constitution ringing a bell here? 

Innocent until guilty.

This shoot first then ask questions is what brings the toxicity right into the game.

It's people like you that makes me happy that A-Net ignores most standing farmers and even provided a statement that those innocent people don't do anything wrong

Thank you for that A-Net

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4