EoD looks so bad it's not even funny

11 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

Hmmm.
I already said there are people expected it. I don't know what you exactly wanted though.
But yeah people expect absurd things like PvP or WvW content changes, its absurd yah, heres the thing they added fishing content in an xpac instead of adding it on the living season. Now tell me which is absurd.

btw, might wanna update this picture on the EoD content offered like fishing yah?https://i.imgur.com/Xtmu7kq.jpg

You mean like people expected Tengu to be a new playable race?

Yea that is called wishfull thinking and should be treated as such.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You mean like people expected Tengu to be a new playable race?

Yea that is called wishfull thinking and should be treated as such.

I am asking you which is more absurd, Adding new class to an xpac or new PvP or WvW content or adding fishing minigame to an xpac instead of living world.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

I am asking you which is more absurd, Adding new class to an xpac or new PvP or WvW content or adding fishing minigame to an xpac instead of living world.

Well do you have any proof that we wont get a living world?

Will all npcs just stand still like made of stone and nothing moves around in the new maps?

I for sure think we will get both a lviing world and fishing.

They have not said much about wvw and spvp true.

But both the desert borderlands and stronghold game mode was not liked much by either community so Anet stuck their heads in the sand it seems.

I for one think spvp should get more modes then just capture and hold points for sure.

But aint it to late havent the playerbase for said mode dwindeled to microscopic?

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well do you have any proof that we wont get a living world?

Will all npcs just stand still like made of stone and nothing moves around in the new maps?

I for sure think we will get both a lviing world and fishing.

They have not said much about wvw and spvp true.

But both the desert borderlands and stronghold game mode was not liked much by either community so Anet stuck their heads in the sand it seems.

I for one think spvp should get more modes then just capture and hold points for sure.

But aint it to late havent the playerbase for said mode dwindeled to microscopic?

I don't have proof that we wont get a living world. However I have proof that fishing will be added to xpac and not in living world.
Who said we wont have living world btw?
Hmmmm, new npcs how exiting. I don't care on npcs, even stories i don't read the those crap dialogues. 

Again i will repeat, which is more absurd?
A. Adding a class on xpac?
B. Adding PvP or WvW content?
C. Adding fishing on xpac instead of adding it on living world?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

10 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

I don't have proof that we wont get a living world. However I have proof that fishing will be added to xpac and not in living world.
Who said we wont have living world btw?
Hmmmm, new npcs how exiting. I don't care on npcs, even stories i don't read the those crap dialogues. 

Again i will repeat, which is more absurd?
C. Adding fishing on xpac instead of adding it on living world?

You did said that fishing was added to expac instead of living world

You mean we would not get a living world right?

Edit

A is most absurd since we can get new ways to play existing classes in otherways.

B is in the middle since playerbases for it has dwindled to much.

C is least absurd since Anet deemed it worthy to implement.

Edit 2

Not saying we will get nothing of B we might over time.

C was probabely the least resource intensive to be fair.

A is not needed at all.

Edited by Linken.6345

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

You did said that fishing was added to expac instead of living world

You mean we would not get a living world right?

I did not said that we won't get living world. Good now?

Ok,

Which is more absurd?
C. Adding fishing on xpac instead of adding it on living world seasons?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

I did not said that we won't get living world. Good now?

Ok,

Which is more absurd?
C. Adding fishing on xpac instead of adding it on living world seasons?

I edited my response, you do see how your sentence can be taken as we got fishing instead of a living world in the expansion tho right?

• Confused 1

I edited my response, you do see how your sentence can be taken as we got fishing instead of a living world in the expansion tho right?

Yah, ok.

Here.https://i.imgur.com/Xtmu7kq.jpg
A is HoT
B is also HoT
C is HoT+LW
See it now?
You do not say you pour least resource when selling an expansion, its blasphemy, but you are right.
However you can put less resource on living world than the expansion. That is sentence.
Hope we understand one another.😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Norbe.7630 said:

You want me to link forum or reddit post or other discord links etc or you can do that yourself?
Try to get out of this forum cave sometimes  and explore the world out there.
I think you're the one who is smoking something lmao, that i'll take lmao

I'd like to see those forum posts expecting 3 more Professions.  And not just a couple of "I wish we would get new Professions" posts.  An expectation from the majority, or even a good portion, of the playerbase.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Yah, ok.

Here.https://i.imgur.com/Xtmu7kq.jpg
A is HoT
B is also HoT
C is HoT+LW
See it now?
You do not say you pour least resource when selling an expansion, its blasphemy, but you are right.
However you can put less resource on living world than the expansion. That is sentence.
Hope we understand one another.😉

You seem to have missed painting on progression mastery system, elite specs and guild hall in EoD.

Skiffs and the turtle are both ways for getting around with 1-5 people so an upgrade of the 1 person mount system.

You can add strikes and added CMs since that is a new addition built upon ibs.

They said in both HoT that they were building in fundations they could build upon dident they?

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'd like to see those forum posts expecting 3 more Professions.  And not just a couple of "I wish we would get new Professions" posts.  An expectation from the majority, or even a good portion, of the playerbase.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Poll-New-classes
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Expansion-New-Class

TLDR, just look at the old forum there more if you want a good portion.
You are the one who wants to see majority, i only said there is an expectation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You seem to have missed painting on progression mastery system, elite specs and guild hall in EoD.

Those were all introduced in HoT.

12 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Skiffs and the turtle are both ways for getting around with 1-5 people so an upgrade of the 1 person mount system.

Those were introduced in PoF modifying it to add people on a mount, skiff is a mount that can accommodate 5 people, turtle with 2

14 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You can add strikes and added CMs since that is a new addition built upon ibs.

I don't do much PvE but im guessing they added strikes on PoF to those who got bored on Fractals and Raid is too hard for some.
I only done raids.

16 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

They said in both HoT that they were building in fundations they could build upon dident they?

Yeah, HoT is the real definition of expansion. Does it mean they cannot do the HoT quality expansion now?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

First is Reddit, not forum.

Second is from before Heart of Thorns, which did have an expectation of one new Profession.

Third is from before Path of Fire, and asked about one new Profession, not three.

Fail. 

I know you would say that. What im telling you is there are expectations from players about new class on PoF.
No matter what timeline i will give you, you will have reason pre HoT, Pre PoF etc.
I can link thousand of posts to prove that there are expectation but we will just circle around pointing this and that.

So, ill leave the Aprils fools class instead

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

38 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Poll-New-classes
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Expansion-New-Class

TLDR, just look at the old forum there more if you want a good portion.
You are the one who wants to see majority, i only said there is an expectation.

Did you watch that video?

At 6.18 they specificly say 9 new elite specializations.

• Like 3

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Did you watch that video?

At 6.18 they specificly say 9 new elite specializations.

I already said multiple times that specializations is just traits... locked trait on a class/profession.

HoT introduced that specializations, PoF copied the gimmick, EoD again copied that gimmick from HoT.

Do you want to go back and read the part how I ranked each xpac and core?

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

30 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

I already said multiple times that specializations is just traits... locked trait on a class/profession.

HoT introduced that specializations, PoF copied the gimmick, EoD again copied that gimmick from HoT.

No that video you quoted about seeing 10 characters at 21:19 in the very same video they stated 9 new elite specs at 6.18.

Why do it matter if they show 10 characters later in the video.

It is the same as showing a few tengu walking around and people get up in arms that they somehow will be playable with zero word from Anet themselfs.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

No that video you quoted about seeing 10 characters at 21:19 in the very same video they stated 9 new elite specs at 6.18.

Why do it matter if they show 10 characters later in the video.

It is the same as showing a few tengu walking around and people get up in arms that they somehow will be playable with zero word from Anet themselfs.

It's expectation. And that reply is not for you.

My question to you is can they do a HoT level expansion or not?

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

8 minutes ago, Norbe.7630 said:

It's expectation. And that reply is not for you.

My question to you is can they do a HoT level expansion or not?

Most certainly not since this one was quite rushed from the looks of it.

And why should they when they can build upon the system they already implemented and add afew new ones?

• Confused 1

Most certainly not since this one was quite rushed from the looks of it.

And why should they when they can build upon the system they already implemented and add afew new ones?

Yeah it is, thank you for being honest on that.

About why should they?

So we can see less threads like these, less people leaving the abandoned game mode,  more people returning to the game, more people enjoying the game not just some but more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

When Heart of Thorns came out, that wasn't exactly my jam. I wasn't fond of the often confusing amount of verticallity in the maps, and the densely packed zones with annoying enemies conjured up bad Factions flashbacks.

Path of Fire on the other hand, brought back my favourite setting from the original Guild Wars. I loved the story, the mounts, the music. It was like a blast from the past. And the enemies were toned down, which I prefer. Path of Fire brought me back to the game.

So far I like all of what I've seen of End of Dragons. Fishing, skiffs, siege turtles and the new maps all look like a lot of fun. I don't really have an opinion on the new elite specs, but I look forward to new skills.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Norbe.7630 said:

PoF was expected to add 3 more class, one to each class weight but was not, trend for greatness broke.

You mean you expected that?

I don't remember anyone expecting that from PoF back then.

17 hours ago, Norbe.7630 said:

Call it whatever you want, getting hung up on arguing semantics.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Honestly, it feels like a good chunk of this community (or at least the forums anyway) are just so entitled. Ignoring that ArenaNet is one of the more generous companies when it comes to content, the relatively cheap prices on expansions, the lack of a sub fee, the amount of content we get for free in the form of the Living World.

Honestly, basing all of your criticism on the tiny portion of content they've show cased is absolutely silly. Some of us actually prefer the lack of spoilers, so we have something to look forward to on launch day.

I'm glad I'm not an ArenaNet Dev. I wouldn't want to produce content for such an ungrateful, entitled crowd such as this.

Edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5