Can Anet devs actually play ele without godmode code and zero attunement CD?

Arheundel.6451

Just out of curiosity I ask this question, it may have shown somewhere and I missed it, I am not that big in following these streams but....from what I have seen so far, when they try to showcase ele gameplay...they use all sort of cheats, do they balance elementalist while having these devs codes activated?...It's hilarious to think so even if I can assume this doesn't happen (...right????) .....during these streams , in the rare occasions they show ele gameplay against actually attacking enemies....these devs spend 3/4 of the time downed.

With every passing event...the idea that Anet balance ele based on golem benchmarks becomes more and more apparent...and it's a scary thought

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

At this point anet just using ele as a butte of a jokes there level of professionalism has gone to nothing and they know they used up all of the good will from gw1 and early gw2 form the the guild 2 community.

Ele and ele players are a joke to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Just out of curiosity I ask this question, it may have shown somewhere and I missed it, I am not that big in following these streams but....from what I have seen so far, when they try to showcase ele gameplay...they use all sort of cheats, do they balance elementalist while having these devs codes activated?...It's hilarious to think so even if I can assume this doesn't happen (...right????) .....during these streams , in the rare occasions they show ele gameplay against actually attacking enemies....these devs spend 3/4 of the time downed.

With every passing event...the idea that Anet balance ele based on golem benchmarks becomes more and more apparent...and it's a scary thought

Its so bad i mentioned it inn the mes forum how much a joke it is in attacks and other stuff.

Catalyst virtuoso and willbender need some serious help and improvements if anet wants people to play. 

Edited by Axl.8924

I was thinking the same thing, if they can't even play the class and live, long enough in a demonstration to show effectiveness then the specialization class is "kittens". The Catalyst is going to get slaughtered in WvW, and I would not even consider it for PvE, compared to say a Tempest or Weaver build. Sorry but "in Development" is no excuse after that 1st beta. The Class lacks Range when it's needed for a low health, low DPS, low support, low armor, Specialization Class.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It's okay, guys.  One - maybe two? - more rounds of buffing firebrand, renegade, scourge, and scrapper and they'll have ascended to take their place among the Gods, leaving room for classes like elementalist to serve some kind of purpose.

Footstool? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This game is by far one of, if not the best on the market.  Beautiful graphics, Challenging play mode available, good stories, interesting characters.......  Yet with that being said, all games can be improved upon. The new Catalyst should have been named (IMO) " The Clunker".   I have mained the Ele for over 5 yrs and have been through all the highs and lows, this is by far the lowest point so far.  The Energy Mechanic tied in with the heavy lack of any real useful timed skills and the lack of AOE, lead this revision needing revision.

Here is another thought, how is that all other classes can swap weapons in Combat, yet the Ele and The Engi seem to have forgot how to do it.  Here is a novel Idea, Make the 0 skill (elite) the ability to swap weapons for X seconds.  Since most other classes have evolved to benefit from F skills (like Firebrand, Warrior, Rev, Scourge, soulbeast, etc).  Oh remind me who is meta again.....

Get rid of the ridiculous hammer (that they could trait to conjure themselves before the new spec) or provide them with an actual useful ranged weapon.  This round of Elite specs looks like ANET looked at the most unused weapons and said,  Build the Elites to make these weapons viable again..  Just my thoughts. 

(in good fun)   I challenge any dev to play the Catalyst in any semi / real challenging game mode, with a non-modified account, and do anything other than call for help in the downed state.  (waiting for the video)

Edited by Tubalz.9831
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Cmc did not seem thrilled that hammer was the weapon. It plays like higher ups decided on hammer but cmc wanted a ranged weapon. 

The hammer or even the ranged of that hammer is not the problem its anet fear of giving ele a viable class that is more then just "big numbers" see weaver for dmg numbers and see tempest for healing numbers. There is a real resistances to giving ele classes utility effects like all other classes have.

And its starting to feel like the classes are being balanced for these utility effect being on them at all times quickness, alacrity even condi types on the mob as well. Things that ele just cant do on its own effectively.

Edited by Jski.6180

4 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

The hammer or even the ranged of that hammer is not the problem its anet fear of giving ele a viable class that is more then just "big numbers" see weaver for dmg numbers and see tempest for healing numbers. There is a real resistances to giving ele classes utility effects like all other classes have.

And its starting to feel like the classes are being balanced for these utility effect being on them at all times quickness, alacrity even condi types on the mob as well. Things that ele just cant do on its own effectively.

I dont care how ele performs in pve tbh. Not my thing. They could be improved in pvp quite easily with number tweaks. I am pretty jaded with how anet has responded to ele over the years and find it easier to move on to other professions.

3 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I dont care how ele performs in pve tbh. Not my thing. They could be improved in pvp quite easily with number tweaks. I am pretty jaded with how anet has responded to ele over the years and find it easier to move on to other professions.

Its not a numbers thing its anet just simply limiting what ele can do as a class with the lack of effect even though it should have all of the effects in the game because its the jack of all trades class. The only thing that is ele only is the lack of effects.

With the new balancing mind set of classes needing aggressive support to support with out a strong boon or utility ele even as a pure numbers class falls way behind.

Also all ele are jadded!

Just now, Jski.6180 said:

Its not a numbers thing its anet just simply limiting what ele can do as a class with the lack of effect even though it should have all of the effects in the game because its the jack of all trades class. The only thing that is ele only is the lack of effects.

With the new balancing mind set of classes needing aggressive support to support with out a strong boon or utility ele even as a pure numbers class falls way behind.

Also all ele are jadded!

I disagree. A lot of its issues is a numbers problem in pvp specifically. Could utilities be improved? Sure and it would make them much more interesting to play. Also alacrity and quickness is too strong compared to other boons. If anything they need nerfs so they dont have such a significant impact on pve.

23 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I disagree. A lot of its issues is a numbers problem in pvp specifically. Could utilities be improved? Sure and it would make them much more interesting to play. Also alacrity and quickness is too strong compared to other boons. If anything they need nerfs so they dont have such a significant impact on pve.

So things like quickness are massive modfirers to numbers as well as utility such as slow root are modfiers to def and attk that all go well and beyond what numbers you can preform as a class. Even unblockable effects and over all counter midagastion (boon strip poison) effects are beyond any thing anet can do with small update to numbers. The lack of these effects have always been a massive flaw and draw back to the ele class more so then low hp and low def.

I do believe it's an issue of numbers as well as design.

You could probably make Ele 'balanced' with number changes alone. That said, some players are doing fine with Ele as is. The notion that Ele is 'unbalanced' is difficult to track objectively, although I don't disagree with it.

Other design issues do also exist. There is a void where Ele should bring something unique or at least rare to the table. Tempest does have Rebound, which is very useful, but that alone won't be enough.
That Ele is often a class that only brings DPS is an issue that is most often addressed by Ele players, as DPS is easy to replace.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 6:41 PM, Bleikopf.2491 said:

I do believe it's an issue of numbers as well as design.

You could probably make Ele 'balanced' with number changes alone. That said, some players are doing fine with Ele as is. The notion that Ele is 'unbalanced' is difficult to track objectively, although I don't disagree with it.

Other design issues do also exist. There is a void where Ele should bring something unique or at least rare to the table. Tempest does have Rebound, which is very useful, but that alone won't be enough.
That Ele is often a class that only brings DPS is an issue that is most often addressed by Ele players, as DPS is easy to replace.

I agree with that point. One of the problem of the Elementalist as a support is that they fail to bring any unique and/or fancy buff on the table when the current meta crave for such thing. If you add the relative frailty of the class on top of that, you have a situation where most meta support build can do your job (and a bit more) just fine while being safer.

For DPS specifically I think the Elementalist would hugely benefit from moving and sometime merging some damaging traits with the goal of making room for defensive and utility traits. Of course the numbers would then need to be adjusted to keep the DPS competitive. I hope it would open a path for a DPS/support hybrid that pleases the current meta like the condition quickness Firebrand.

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 12:24 AM, Sunshine.5014 said:

CMC was an Ele main before he joined ANet. I don't know if he's still an Ele main or not, but claiming he dislikes Ele is a bit unwarranted.

It is warranted, from the fact that Grouch said CMC handles the competitive balance. So I believe the current meta is his child. Or just scapegoat imaginary Carl.

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Confused 1