Dissatisfied with ranked?

Crab Fear.1624

If you have reached a point where you no longer feel excited to play ranked, and believe it is in a state where the competitive spirit is gone, for you, then stop playing ranked.

If your view is so minor, then you quitting ranked won't hurt the mode, and it will help your mental state.

If you are part of a silent majority, then perhaps your absence with others like you will reveal the true state of the game.

It is a win win.

TL;DR

Stop playing ranked if you are unhappy, if enough people stop, more people will notice and action will be unavoidable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, THF.9672 said:

Nobody plays NA ranked already tho.

They do though. People don't discuss it but they quietly "do what needs to be done" to obtain and maintain these rating margins they are used to playing at or having people see them at, so they still feel relevant. It's a clout/swag addiction. The problem is that they all know it's bologna at this point and that "doing what needs to be done" doesn't mean anything at this point, yet they keep doing it. All the while remembering days long gone when the game was still real, wishing it could be that way again.

At some point people need to grasp the idea that "You know what, this is ridiculous, it needs to stop". The sooner the majority of even the remaining veterans does this, the sooner we may have a chance of Arenanet cleaning the game mode's arrangement up, if they want the mode to remain active at all.

This problem goes deeper than just GW2. The gaming industry in general is riddled with desensitized consumers who are used to poor quality products & implementation. It's called boycotting something. It helps remind companies what is acceptable and what isn't, if they want the consumers to buy/use their product.

I hate to have to begin taking this stance with Arenanet and Guild Wars 2, as it is my favorite game of all time to be completely honest with you. But they truly have allowed this problem to evolve into this final form of absolute ridiculous proportion. There is no reason for this pvp scene to be incurring this type of negligence, outside of a handful of people wanting it to be that way, so they can exploit it.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

They do though. People don't discuss it but they quietly "do what needs to be done" to obtain and maintain these rating margins they are used to playing at or having people see them at, so they still feel relevant. It's a clout/swag addiction. The problem is that they all know it's bologna at this point and that "doing what needs to be done" doesn't mean anything at this point, yet they keep doing it. All the while remembering days long gone when the game was still real, wishing it could be that way again.

At some point people need to grasp the idea that "You know what, this is ridiculous, it needs to stop". The sooner the majority of even the remaining veterans does this, the sooner we may have a chance of Arenanet cleaning the game mode's arrangement up, if they want the mode to remain active at all.

This problem goes deeper than just GW2. The gaming industry in general is riddled with desensitized consumers who are used to poor quality products & implementation. It's called boycotting something. It helps remind companies what is acceptable and what isn't, if they want the consumers to buy/use their product.

I hate to have to begin taking this stance with Arenanet and Guild Wars 2, as it is my favorite game of all time to be completely honest with you. But they truly have allowed this problem to evolve into this final form of absolute ridiculous proportion. There is no reason for this pvp scene to be incurring this type of negligence, outside of a handful of people wanting it to be that way, so they can exploit it.

I'm with you there, this is ridiculous lmao. For what it's worth...I quit ranked 1.5 years ago lmao!!  And spvp in general 1 year ago. I'm with you on the game industry. Although, I have something more to add to that. It's not just desensitized customers(I don't freaking use the word 'consumers', I despise it), it is also a grand hype machine. Players hype up titles, along with associated devs and streams, only to get disappointed and desensitized later when the reality of the industry kicks in. This social phenomenon is MMOs in a nutshell. And speaking of real...I remember when we actually had a REAL leaderboard. You know...one that actually tracks your wins and losses! None of this 'MMR' garbage.

I would like to see a ranked mode in which losing with a 480-500  doesn't punish you score so hard as losing <100-500, so even if the outcome of a match (a defeat) is clear after a few skirmishes you still feel compeled to scratch every possible point.

The other problem (balance issues aside) ranked has to be avoided is that is a "decent" source of gold: once repeating the bizantium chest and even in a 50% w/l ratio you're granted at least 6 gold coins x hour on average (each 4 matches), which is pity compared to PvE but way better than WvW or unranked matches. So if you enjoy the game mostly due the fighting mechanics and PvE bores you ranked PvP is the way to go to get gold, no matter if is worse than unranked or not...

39 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I'm with you there, this is ridiculous lmao. For what it's worth...I quit ranked 1.5 years ago lmao!!  And spvp in general 1 year ago. I'm with you on the game industry. Although, I have something more to add to that. It's not just desensitized customers(I don't freaking use the word 'consumers', I despise it), it is also a grand hype machine. Players hype up titles, along with associated devs and streams, only to get disappointed and desensitized later when the reality of the industry kicks in. This social phenomenon is MMOs in a nutshell. And speaking of real...I remember when we actually had a REAL leaderboard. You know...one that actually tracks your wins and losses! None of this 'MMR' garbage.

Yeah. Lately I'm going through a large disappointment phase where I am realizing that the only way to get actual fair & competitive gaming, is with home consoles. When you can see the people sitting in the room with you, and everyone can make sure that no one is cheating.

I might very seriously ditch PC gaming after having this realization. Might have to look back into local smash melee tournaments.

I just want a real game man. That's all.

Eventually more people will come to this conclusion and online competitive gaming will die, if the companies don't start tending to these kinds of problems.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

you really think that anet think the game is fine just because 1/5 of the already small number of veteran still plays? LOL

lol nobody plays ranked or pvp in general, only like a few left

and they are just as emotionally attached to the game as you, who is trying to disqualify their accomplishment in a dead game by typing walls and walls of text in the forum..

i can't really tell who is sadder tbh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah. Lately I'm going through a large disappointment phase where I am realizing that the only way to get actual fair & competitive gaming, is with home consoles. When you can see the people sitting in the room with you, and everyone can make sure that no one is cheating.

I might very seriously ditch PC gaming after having this realization. Might have to look back into local smash melee tournaments.

Eventually more people will come to this conclusion and online competitive gaming will die, if the companies don't start tending to these kinds of problems.

I think many people should drop the game for a while, if you do something else or play another MMO(that one is the comparison activator). If you return to the game you find that it is actually quite good and maybe way above standard even with its issues. The most important thing when you start over with a fresh view of thing is to not take the game that seriously and just have fun with it.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I think many people should drop the game for a while, if you do something else or play another MMO(that one is the comparison activator). If you return to the game you find that it is actually quite good and maybe way above standard even with its issues. The most important thing when you start over with a fresh view of thing is to not take the game that seriously and just have fun with it.  

the truth is nobody still plays except yourselves who keep trying to tell "other people" to quit.. 😅i guess you can also count the 7 people in team USA who still plays lol

my bad if you still enjoy the game and if i mistook you for the same as trevor who is having difficulty

Edited by felix.2386

2 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

the truth is nobody still plays except yourselves who keep trying to tell "other people" to quit.. 😅i guess you can also count the 7 people in team USA who still plays lol

No one is dreaming of being anything in this game.

Its like a pick up game of bball at the park.

A way to get so competitive socialization.

Have some fun.

What it was, isn't anymore.

We found it to be fun and competitive, and now it is niether or those.

Who is looking for glory?

The cyber nerd cheats and botters who spoiled it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

No one is dreaming of being anything in this game.

Its like a pick up game of bball at the park.

A way to get so competitive socialization.

Have some fun.

What it was, isn't anymore.

We found it to be fun and competitive, and now it is niether or those.

Who is looking for glory?

The cyber nerd cheats and botters who spoiled it?

it's fine tho every game will go down after some time, no game lasts forever.

it's just sad when people struggle and get frustrated when they see other MMOs are having so much fun, woodenpotato having so much fun in FF14 and ff14 right now is such a huge party and new world being so new,

but they are so emotionally attached to GW2 or they can not afford other games so they can not quit and all they can do is lash out in the forum and get frustrated and emotionally abuse themselves, so sad

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, felix.2386 said:

I'm not from NA, and I do not care much about the whole drama, it is just funny and I find shitposting enjoyable. The bonus is that the whole shitshow started in EU and might be still going. All I'm saying is that maybe people are taking kitten too seriously and some off time would help.

Also you are also on the forum so you are on the same boat.

11 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

it's just sad when people struggle and get frustrated when they see other MMOs are having so much fun, woodenpotato having so much fun in FF14 and ff14 right now is such a huge party and new world being so new,

New world has already its population halved compared to the initial few days. But true, it's "so new".

11 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

but they are so emotionally attached to GW2 or they can not afford other games so they can not quit and all they can do is lash out in the forum and get frustrated and emotionally abuse themselves, so sad

Who seems emotionally attached here are the people that keep repeating how bad gw2 is and yet they still constantly lurk the forums spamming about "other games being better" or how others should quit.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

you really think that anet think the game is fine just because 1/5 of the already small number of veteran still plays? LOL

lol nobody plays ranked or pvp in general, only like a few left

and they are just as emotionally attached to the game as you, who is trying to disqualify their accomplishment in a dead game by typing walls and walls of text in the forum..

i can't really tell who is sadder tbh

It's almost like you were caught red handed yourself.

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

What's with the excuses to ignore massive problems that could be easily fixed?

Suspicious as hell tbh.

51 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

it's fine tho every game will go down after some time, no game lasts forever.

Dude I've been gone playing D2r for like over a month now.

I popped back into GW2 after hearing all of that news, to see if anything had changed.

Nothing changed.

I post in this forum to spread awareness because I'd like to see something get done, because I'd like to be able to play GW2 again.

26 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I'm not from NA, and I do not care much about the whole drama, it is just funny and I find shitposting enjoyable. The bonus is that the whole shitshow started in EU and might be still going. All I'm saying is that maybe people are taking kitten too seriously and some off time would help.

Also you are also on the forum so you are on the same boat.

No one is taking anything too seriously.

It's a bunch of consumers who liked a product that is now ruined, who would like the product to be fixed.

Not exactly uncommon to see such word of mouth.

You guys need to let go of the defenses.

Absolutely nothing you can say will justify the entirely unclean conduct that this company has displayed.

If I had to write some kind of college thesis on "the corruption of a competitive scene" I would seriously use Guild Wars 2 first and foremost as an example before anything else in all of human history, as it would be an undeniably perfect example for the write.

You can toss all the debacle you want at that statement, but doing so just exposes the cheating apes and who supports them at this point.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I am 36 years old. I remember the days of local multiplayer, where there was actual social accountability involved since you were sitting in a room with other people. With the rise of the internet and online multiplayer, that's gone now. Because of the network aspect of online gaming, bans and suspensions because of bad behavior can be bypassed by starting a new account to the service. Heh! It's surreal really...I am the last of a generation that has seen a world without the internet. Generations after mine simply will not have that experience, they will simply read about it in history books to attempt and connect the dots.

As far as online gaming and its associated "e-sports" go, they are on their twilight, their peak. You got Overwatch, LoL, Fornnite, and battle royale literally running rampant. Of course, it can't last forever. E-sports is a gigantic bubble ready to burst. As it is said, "What goes up must come down!" The decline will come soon. There's plenty of corruption involved in that mess, scandals, cheating etc. Same as here in GW2 but in a professional setting, which is even MORE egregious than it would be in GW2 where...lol nobody cares! I wouldn't give up PC games though, there are lots of good single-player stuff out there. I'm guessing that's not your thing, though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Funny enough ranked is in a better state than unranked, if you are a plat player and go ranked you either feel like an absolute god or you will be matched against a party of 2 3 plats. Either way 80% of your matches are totally unfun and you don't get any gold.

I feel like there is less bots and less win trading or rage babies in unranked though.

I don't mind the thing you described.

12 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Play me on slippi.