Can't launch game after the November 9, 2021 update

3 minutes ago, Cynova.1236 said:

There have been many... MANY threads of the ridiculous bugs and issues with this game. All caused by negligence.

This is no party. This is the nature of Anet. The problems are just further off the charts nowadays where even the most devout white knight fanboys can't deny the reality anymore. Anet progressively became the worst thing for this game and its potential over the years. 

You have no idea how complex a piece of software is, let alone a game, and an MMO on top of that. A project like this consists of millions of lines of code, alot of it being over a decade old and written by people who don't even work for the company anymore for the most part, resulting in it being "legacy" (i.e, unmaintainable).

Trust me, we're lucky it doesn't end up far worse every patch. If you look at the bug reports for much, much smaller applications which still total in the hundreds, you'll understand what I mean.

Computers are bad and software is bad.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Haha 1

Just now, Akpsoc.3795 said:

i think evryone has same problem but anet doesnt care too bad for us dang

They have been letting us know that they are trying to fix it.

They are doing their best to identify the issue and make sure bugs like this dont appear in the patch (no use half doing a patch)
All we can do is be patient. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaneBlank.9346 said:

They are doing their best to identify the issue and make sure bugs like this dont appear in the patch (no use half doing a patch)

yeah like for how long more yrs to fix lol 

• Like 1

I haven't done any of the suggested fixes. If I launch from the icon pinned to my taskbar I get the freeze and lockout. If I launch from the desktop icon or from the Windows Start Menu, the game runs fine.
I have no idea why this is.
However I start it, it does still lock up if I have arcdps installed.

1 minute ago, DaneBlank.9346 said:

It's a testament to how much people like the game that they're so impatient - they believe when they proclaim they're "going to stop playing over this" that arenanet is going to believe them; like people who can't go two days without playing are going to up and quit because of a patch issue, or that people aren't making threats like that every day over every change, bug or just if they're in a bad mood. 😛

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Akpsoc.3795 said:

yeah like for how long more yrs to fix lol 

From my experience of this stuff... we properly be back to normal by the end of this week or next week.

Its a major bug that's affecting a lot of people. Normally this kind of stuff is treated as very urgent.
I know people are disgruntled but there isn't a lot we can do. To get something consistent at the very least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShionKreth.1542 said:

It's a testament to how much people like the game that they're so impatient - they believe when they proclaim they're "going to stop playing over this" that arenanet is going to believe them; like people who can't go two days without playing are going to up and quit because of a patch issue, or that people aren't making threats like that every day over every change, bug or just if they're in a bad mood. 😛

Lol fair point, i just hate people giving devs so much hate when they are actually doing their job

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kitrina.4790 said:

i really don't think they care much about dedicated players like they used to. there was many perma bans months ago saying people were using third party programs when they weren't. my aunt and uncle were 16 yrs vets, played everyday and had this happen to them. all they were told was they used a third party program, they wouldn't be specific, refused to comment any further, ignore ignore ignore. i miss playing with them 😞 

So that's how Guild Wars ends. Not a good ending.

I can't find the original person that suggested what worked for me, but thanks. He/She suggested creating a desktop launch icon, right click, properties, and in the Run box, select maximised. Worked for me, game running as it normally does. Thank you to whoever first suggested this. It will at least allow play until Anet can sort the problem