Prismatic Champion's Regalia and Future Legendary Acquisition

Mungrul.9358

6 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Chalice of Tears isn’t terrible with TacO and a position rewinder or on a thief or Mesmer with portal slotted.

I guess that depends on a person. It sure makes it easier, but even then, for me, it's still as annoying as it ever was. I sincerely hope that Anet will never again make it a part of any future achievement. They've done it way too many times already.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I guess that depends on a person. It sure makes it easier, but even then, for me, it's still as annoying as it ever was. I sincerely hope that Anet will never again make it a part of any future achievement. They've done it way too many times already.

That’s fair.

I redid it as part of the return event, and got to one of the very last difficult jumps only to fall and reset to a checkpoint several times. Just as I was thinking I’d never get it I had a head slap moment, and realized I had access to shadow portal.

Takes a little patience to wait out the cooldown as needed, but it totally changed it to doable.

Some people just hate jumping puzzles I guess.

I was extremely pleased that you could bypass them for the Skyscale, though I used less treats than expected. (bought 10, sold 3 back for a slight profit compared to what I bought them for). Though you could cheese some with a Springer, and Buried Archives is not really even a jumping puzzle.

Incidentally the hardest jump was for the Skyscale of Fear where you had to jump really high. I got help, though I had only tried a few times myself.

As for the meta achievements for LS, yea, that's always given me grief since I have literally only mastery for a single chapter (LS3, chapter 1), but as long as there's nothing too funky in them it should be fine.

I'm so over doing story though. Return events have been good for materials/coins, but don't think I'll have it in me to grind all 24 which includes that JP huh? I really do not like LS2 either. (Not a fan of Dry Top)

I don't use any 3rd party programs besides Arcdps which doesn't affect gameplay.  I just don't like modding my games much.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:15 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I have laid out my case many times before, and believe that increased build flexibility for all players can only benefit the game in the long term, allowing for increased build diversity and exploration of otherwise ignored stat combinations. Legendaries that are more interesting  and easy to acquire are obviously one route to achieving this.

I think it won't, for the most part. Or, specifically, that you could produce a similar amount of "build diversity" by making rune extractors cheaper.

A game with GW2's stat structure is always going to have breakpoints and local optimums. And that means the optimal way to theorycraft things is always going to be Spreadsheet Wars (or gw2skills, which is a user-friendly interface for doing Spreadsheet Wars). Legendaries may make it a bit easier to tweak your stats in game, but that's basically the last step of this whole process.

I can say that legendary armor would open more builds to me.

I got into WvW a few months ago, and it was pretty easy to tweak my gear on my holosmith and dragonhunter to dps gear sets suitable for roaming and zerging. I was running a defensive/offensive stat split on them in PvE anyway.

I like the idea of learning their support builds, but getting a full set of exotic gear in support stats put that on the back burner for me.

Probably for the better for my team, since they really don't need me incompetently fumbling around on healbrand. 😄 But still, it takes me a good chunk of my liquid currencies and time to regear to exotic armor and ascended weapons and trinkets for one character. I just don't have that much play time in a given week.

I also tend to settle into either a condi or power build for each character, as even getting two complete dps sets is signficant. I think I'm at two out of nine characters who have a set of both, because I decided I didn't like the playstyle in one and went ahead and collected/crafted the other.

But if I don't have time and money to gear several sets of exotic/ascended, I surely don't to get full legendary.

EDIT: I should probably put in the disclaimer that I'm not saying it should be made easier or that my experience is true for anyone else except me before the forum warriors come to point out that I don't speak for every casual player and argue why I should be fine with what I have.

It's all good, just reporting my experience.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/25/2021 at 4:26 AM, arafel.9801 said:

Anet should offer to trade the new legendary amulet for a legendary ring or accessory with the same visual effect so people may choose what trinket they still need. 

Because there is absolutely no point in having crafted Transcendance now. 

Or let us trade in Transcendence for the material costs. 

• Confused 3

On 11/29/2021 at 1:13 AM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I'll probably go for Vision. I just finished Skyscale so I have all this LS4 currency lying around. The only issue I really see here is you need to do the meta achievement for "A Star to Guide Us"

For me, the biggest stumbling point for Vision is actually the Funerary Incense. I'm not a fan of meta event/world boss/bounty trains, so I don't have all that many trade contracts. This rules out getting the incense from the Primeval Steward. This leaves me with doing hearts in Vabbi, at 8 per day ... I've had the rest of the materials for Vision in my bank for months, but I doubt I'll get the necessary amount of incense anytime soon.

To me, Aurora was infinitely easier to get.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

For me, the biggest stumbling point for Vision is actually the Funerary Incense. I'm not a fan of meta event/world boss/bounty trains, so I don't have all that many trade contracts. This rules out getting the incense from the Primeval Steward. This leaves me with doing hearts in Vabbi, at 8 per day ... I've had the rest of the materials for Vision in my bank for months, but I doubt I'll get the necessary amount of incense anytime soon.

To me, Aurora was infinitely easier to get.

I understand this, and while it can be tedious- what helps me through funerary incense is daily piñata. Do the one at reset, you don’t even have to be at your computer until the final event, and you can hit the jackpot of 20 mosaics. Just do that passively for awhile and good to go

11 minutes ago, genjonah.1253 said:

I understand this, and while it can be tedious- what helps me through funerary incense is daily piñata. Do the one at reset, you don’t even have to be at your computer until the final event, and you can hit the jackpot of 20 mosaics. Just do that passively for awhile and good to go

I'm on EU. Reset is around 1 a.m. my time. No way I can play at that time if I have to get up at 6 a.m. for work 😉 . But thanks anyway.

Pretty disappointed in the animation.   When it said we would have something "flying" along side of us I figured it would be a prism crystal in place of the orange transcendence ball and not just some not nearly visable rainbow effect.   Doesn't mesh well with the other legendary animations and honestly is underwhelming.   The Ad Infinitum animation overpowers the rainbow effect.    I thought maybe one of the prism crystals with a prism effect from the last champion mission (the ones you charge to defeat jormag and primordious) would have been more appropriate since it all ties to that story.   Not really impressed and not the animations feel unbalanced.   I'm sure I'm not the only one and I'm sure ppl will say "it's free, what do you expect".  I just feel it falls way short of any other legendaries animation mark.

• Like 1