Lack of content reveals due to "spoilers" is starting to feel like an excuse.

12 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Its stupid to say "its not a big spoiler if they show us this" when you dont even know what it is in the first place .

And its equally stupid to say "you dont have to watch the streams if you dont want to be spoiled". This isn't like when a movie comes out and you can avoid specific subreddits for a few days to not spoil yourself, this is a ongoing social game, any spoilers that come to light will be discussed in game by players guarenteed, you cant hide for 3 months from spoilers while continuing to play the game and keep an eye on the forums and reddit for new non spoiler information. 

You dont need to know the story 3 months before release 

You dont need to see everything in the new maps before you get there

If you feel like you need to know these things before you purchase the expansion thats fine, but you're just gonna have to wait just like everyone else to find out after release.

But in reality most of the people complaining about this stuff aren't doing it because they truly are depending on knowing this stuff to inform their purchase, they just want to complain about something like they always do, simple as that

My, my you *are* worked up. And seemingly far more than those and their actions you call stupid.  

We'll all see in due time just what Anet is up to. But everyone is entitled to voice their objections and concerns; just as you are entitled to refute those objections and concerns. Just tone down the aggressiveness, and remember that pretty much everything stated in a thread like this is nothing but opinion And that goes for all of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

16 hours ago, Flapjackson.1596 said:

A new customer who doesn’t play the game and doesn’t have any reason to trust Anet has no idea what this expansion offers them gameplay wise!

Their marketing strategy is like a restaurant menu that just says “food”. 

110%

• Like 7
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why are we going there? We'll know when we start playing through the eod story. Seriously, what a weird complaint.

We knew the reasons to venture into the Heart of Maguuma and Elona well before the expansions released.

In FF14 and WoW people know why they go to the new locations well before the expansions start as well.

This causes at least some bit of hype for the expansion that may very well help boost sales.

Yet with EoD Arenanet has done their "best" to do the opposite, resulting in next to no hype.

• Like 10
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They haven't even dropped a single hint at the reason why we travel there in the first place and why Aurene wants to go there.

btw were you even paying attention to the story in the first place? We know dragon magic wasn't absorbed by aurene, but instead went somewhere else. 1+1, super complicated, I know.

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

We knew the reasons to venture into the Heart of Maguuma and Elona well before the expansions released.

In FF14 and WoW people know why they go to the new locations well before the expansions start as well.

This causes at least some bit of hype for the expansion that may very well help boost sales.

Yet with EoD Arenanet has done their "best" to do the opposite, resulting in next to no hype.

There's no reason to spoil the story before you can play the expansion just because you are impatient.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

btw were you even paying attention to the story in the first place? We know dragon magic wasn't absorbed by aurene, but instead went somewhere else. 1+1, super complicated, I know.

There's no reason to spoil the story before you can play the expansion just because you are impatient.

Yes but shouldent we play the story leading us to the conclusion that we haveto go to cantha aka season 6.

Or I guess a proluge episode just before Eod release could work aswell.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes but shouldent we play the story leading us to the conclusion that we haveto go to cantha aka season 6.

Or I guess a proluge episode just before Eod release could work aswell.

Why does it need to be before eod? Why can't it be at the start of eod story itself?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is like how they have done the previous 2 expansions?

The question wasn't "how they done it for a previous expansion", the question was: "Why does it need to be before eod? Why can't it be at the start of eod story itself?".

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why does it need to be before eod? Why can't it be at the start of eod story itself?

As I already said, it's too generate at least some hype.

Why should people get excited about a moving to a place, when they basically know nothing about the reason, or the place itself? All Arenanet has done so far is blowing lukewarm air.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

As I already said, it's too generate at least some hype.

Why should people get excited about a moving to a place, when they basically know nothing about the reason, or the place itself? All Arenanet has done so far is blowing lukewarm air.

Genrate what hype exactly? We know something is happening, because of the magic going somewhere else (despite you STILL trying to avoid that fact just so you can pretend there are no hints about anything). We know we're going to cantha because they've told us so many times on multiple occasions in trailers/news/streams/etc. What additional "hype" do you generate by spelling it out in the game at this particular time? I just don't understand the logic here.

Blowing lukewarm air, lol. You could literally see them running on the jade sea on the livestream. What are you even talking about here?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Genrate what hype exactly? We know something is happening, because of the magic going somewhere else (despite you STILL trying to avoid that fact just so you can pretend there are no hints about anything). We know we're going to cantha because they've told us so many times on multiple occasions in trailers/news/streams/etc. What additional "hype" do you generate by spelling it out in the game at this particular time? I just don't understand the logic here.

If there's oh so much told already, as you claim:

Why did the magic have to flow towards Cantha?

Why couldn't it have gone literally anywhere else, where we've never been to in either game?

Why couldn't they have created a completely new region with distinctly unique Fauna and Flora, instead of pouring toxic green jade technology all over Cantha?

36 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Blowing lukewarm air, lol. You could literally see them running on the jade sea on the livestream. What are you even talking about here?

An completely empty Jade Sea no less. That air isn't even lukewarm anymore. It's already cold.

They've been actively preventing people from being excited.

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If there's oh so much told already, as you claim:

Why couldn't it have gone literally anywhere else, where we've never been to in either game?

Why couldn't they have created a completely new region with distinctly unique Fauna and Flora, instead of pouring toxic green jade technology all over Cantha?

Who said we were "oh so much told already"? Where did "I claim that"? The whole point here is to not get too many spoilers. You said there are no hints. All I said is that there very obviously are hints. How did you go from my post to this conclusion and a whole set of questions about the story I just said we don't need to have spoiled yet?

Seriously, make sure to point out EXACTLY where I said what you claim I did, because I don't see it.

...and you've completely dodged the question about how that would generate more hype. Please respond.

2 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

An completely empty Jade Sea no less. That air isn't even lukewarm anymore. It's already cold.

They've been actively preventing people from being excited.

It doesn't matter it was completely empty, but we know where we are going and how it looks. Hows that "blowing lukewarm air"?

No, we know we're in cantha and we know what we're getting, stop making up these random unsubstantiated claims.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

and you've completely dodged the question about how that would generate more hype. Please respond.

"Sneak peeks" that show a bit of the next bit usually peak increased interest in people.

That's why cliffhangers, trailers and next episode previews are such popular tools in modern media.

That's partially also why FF14 builds up the next expansion with parts of the prior patch cycle, instead of just dropping the people into an expansion.

That's why Blizzard releases trailers containing actual story beats that happen between expansions.

It's basic understanding of general human behaviour and how to make people stay with a serialized product.

No, we know we're in cantha and we know what we're getting, stop making up these random unsubstantiated claims.

What are we getting then?

We get an Island, one more forest, a city (that likely will be way too green and shiny) and a mostly still petrified sea that's way too green.

How about my questions now?

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

"Sneak peeks" that show a bit of the next bit usually peak increased interest in people.

We got quite a lot of "sneak peeks" already, so what are you on about? The point is you're clearly here complaining about them not going beyond the sneakpeeks and straight into story spoilers.

That's why cliffhangers, trailers and next episode previews are such popular tools in modern media.

Again, we know the dragon magic wasn't absorbed by aurene in its entirety, but instead went somewhere else. What other "cliffhanger" do you need? Why do you keep pretending that's not what we've got as a plot point pretty clearly setting up the future story?

Same for trailers and previews btw, stop pretending we didn't get plenty of those.

What are we getting then?

We get an Island, one more forest, a city (that likely will be way too green and shiny) and a mostly still petrified sea that's way too green.

What even is this question? Were you paying attention to news and streams? No? Then go read/watch them now.

How about my questions now?

[Why did the magic have to flow towards Cantha?

Why couldn't they have created a completely new region with distinctly unique Fauna and Flora, instead of pouring toxic green jade technology all over Cantha?]

Same as the previous part you've avoided:

Who said we were told "oh so much told already"? Where did "I claim that"? The whole point here is to not get too many spoilers. You said there are no hints. All I said is that there very obviously are hints. How did you go from my post to this conclusion and a whole set of questions about the story I just said we don't need to have spoiled yet?

Seriously, make sure to point out EXACTLY where I said what you claim I did, because I don't see it.

Not only that, but when asked why it needs to be before the expansion instead of being the beginning of the eod story, the only thing you've said was "to at least generate some hype" -but what "hype generation" there is out of getting the information that we're going to cantha when... we already have the information we're going to cantha? 🙄 The answer here is quite simple: it has nothing to do with "hype" and it has everything to do with your impatience, so you want bits of expansion delivered to you now, even if it's ""just"" spoiling the story. Seems to me you're "hyped up" enough.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 12/5/2021 at 7:41 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

Pretty much this, people didn't need additional informations to get hyped for the previous expansions because they both had a sufficient amount of build-up (especially HoT). But with this one we essentially know nothing about what's going on there. The new empress wants to open up the country to the world and there are some local disputes, if anything this sounds like a job for another LW season to me. Apparently there is also another elder dragon which we don't know anything about aside form that it apparently keeps itself more on the down low.

Personally I'm far more interested in the Depths of Tyria at this point. Rata Sum wants to reclaim it, presumably the Inquest and the dredge too and who knows whatever else is down there. Also they said that some of the stronger destroyers are still around which would mean that Primordus is still alive too as it was established that they're all just fragments of him.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

Two streams basically wandering around maps looking at rocks. Zero combat, no action.

Im a long time player so i already preordered EoD despite not being entirely happy with GW2 lately (with class balance and anets failing "no trinity" design resulting in extremely op support classes). The maps look nice, no question.

If youre trying to get new players who know nothing about GW2 into the game with these streams in my humble personal opinion youre doing a terrible job. A new potential player will spend 5 minutes watching and then be bored and leave. The first stream on Shing Jea showed some events and combat and was a good show case - is it really not possible to do more like that without huge spoilers?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, GRRRR.3521 said:

Two streams basically wandering around maps looking at rocks. Zero combat, no action.

Im a long time player so i already preordered EoD despite not being entirely happy with GW2 lately (with class balance and anets failing "no trinity" design resulting in extremely op support classes). The maps look nice, no question.

If youre trying to get new players who know nothing about GW2 into the game with these streams in my humble personal opinion youre doing a terrible job. A new potential player will spend 5 minutes watching and then be bored and leave. The first stream on Shing Jea showed some events and combat and was a good show case - is it really not possible to do more like that without huge spoilers?

I doubt those streams are aimed at the new players.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

All I said is that there very obviously are hints.

Hints are subjective. Lots of folks perceived very obvious hints of playable Tangu (with an 'e' if you must). But evidently we're not getting playable Tangu. So all those very obvious Tangu hints in all those videos and streams obviously weren't hints, but taunts. Verily!

No Tangu for you!

Tangu hopes = 💣💥💀

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

Hints are subjective. Lots of folks perceived very obvious hints of playable Tangu (with an 'e' if you must). But evidently we're not getting playable Tangu. So all those very obvious Tangu hints in all those videos and streams obviously weren't hints, but taunts. Verily!

No Tangu for you!

Tangu hopes = 💣💥💀

I'm really trying to find in your post anything relevant to what I said, but I just can't 🤔

Anyways I choose believe you're not here to troll, but instead just missed the context of what you've quoted, so I'll ctrl+c/v what I wrote in the previous post:

We know something is happening, because of the magic going somewhere else (despite you STILL trying to avoid that fact just so you can pretend there are no hints about anything). We know we're going to cantha because they've told us so many times on multiple occasions in trailers/news/streams/etc.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/105598-lack-of-content-reveals-due-to-spoilers-is-starting-to-feel-like-an-excuse/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1528919

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Its ironic how these perpetually negative people try to claim they are upset about how new players will perceive this stuff.

You know what ACTUALLY looks bad to new players? People constantly posting negative comments putting down everything anet does

You guys claim you want to attract new players to the game yet your daily actions inhibit that. If you actually give a kitten about getting new players to play the game how about NOT spending LITERALLY  every single day posting negative comments about the game on the forums, reddit, and comment sections because you're a old jaded player with nothing better to do than complain about the game you're still seemingly obsessed with as evident by the fact you post daily on the forums instead of doing something else with your time.

A potential new player maybe watches one of the EoD teasers and has their interest piqued, so they scroll down to the comments and are greeted by dozens of jaded toxic neckbeards with thousands of hours in this game saying nothing but negative things about the expansion despite probably already having it preordered and playing the game regularly. 

Take a break and go touch some grass, seriously. 

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 12/5/2021 at 2:00 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

We will likely have a playable beta weekend, like with all previous expansions. It's just not time yet, the release is still months away.

I am pretty sure that if this were a thing, we would have been told about it already. The only way I see it happening is if the release gets pushed back further into March and beyond and then having an additional beta event as a consolation prize of sorts.

• Confused 2