Love the new legendary amulet.

The part that I loved the most though was that it was just a long journey with no gold sink. And I have several legendary items including weapons, trinkets, runes, sigils, and armor so I've been through the gold sink several times now.

That is what it should be, long journey/adventure, some story tied to it, and none of the craft 1000s of these items bs.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 4

People frequently complain about the lack of significant reward from story or open world, and this was a nice way to end the Return to seasons.  No gold sink, no time limit it you couldn't do it all each week, just steady progress.  Currently working on a gold sink, no icebrood potions,  so this is quite welcome and a lovely effect.  ❤️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The part that I loved the most though was that it was just a long journey with no gold sink. And I have several legendary items including weapons, trinkets, runes, sigils, and armor so I've been through the gold sink several times now.

That is what it should be, long journey/adventure, some story tied to it, and none of the craft 1000s of these items bs.

What's the amulet name? i'm lost lol.

• Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

People frequently complain about the lack of significant reward from story or open world, and this was a nice way to end the Return to seasons.  No gold sink, no time limit it you couldn't do it all each week, just steady progress.  Currently working on a gold sink, no icebrood potions,  so this is quite welcome and a lovely effect.  ❤️

I know right? Epic adventures should end in epic rewards, not gold sinks. The gem store skins and infusions can be the gold sinks, but if the new legendaries in EoD were like this amulet I would make all of them.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I just wanted to quickly note that while it didn't have a gold sink for current/ongoing players, technically, any new players will still need to get all of the LS episodes to get the "return-to"-amulet. So the gold sink is pretty much the price of the LS-episodes.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

I just wanted to quickly note that while it didn't have a gold sink for current/ongoing players, technically, any new players will still need to get all of the LS episodes to get the "return-to"-amulet. So the gold sink is pretty much the price of the LS-episodes.

Yes and no. These were free at release, and free during this summer/fall. That and you get gems anyway while getting achievements done. So even if they missed the free periods they can use their gems from achievements to unlock them. Rather a different scenario from the forced gold sinks with any of the other legendaries.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yes and no. These were free at release, and free during this summer/fall. That and you get gems anyway while getting achievements done. So even if they missed the free periods they can use their gems from achievements to unlock them. Rather a different scenario from the forced gold sinks with any of the other legendaries.

That's why I'm talking about new players that didn't get the LS for free. E.g any player that joins on EoD release.
You get gems anyway while getting achievements done, just like you get gold anyway for doing achievements and farming. So not really that much of a different scenario, as they technically are forced gold sinks. You have to get the LS to get the amulet, as they are the prerequisite for it.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

People frequently complain about the lack of significant reward from story or open world, and this was a nice way to end the Return to seasons.

This is true. I just wish the requirements had been higher, for instance instead of using simple repeated tasks in a new Achievement section they could have made it an award to those players who have done all story achievements for the Living World episodes - that would have been a nice challenge.

But I am not complaining, I can live with the implementation they chose. It was just a bit boring.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This is true. I just wish the requirements had been higher, for instance instead of using simple repeated tasks in a new Achievement section they could have made it an award to those players who have done all story achievements for the Living World episodes - that would have been a nice challenge.

But I am not complaining, I can live with the implementation they chose. It was just a bit boring.

I think a higher reward for completing all of the achieves should have existed in the first place.  Personally I do not like going back to repeat storyline to do achieves, I find that aspect takes any fun and freshness out of it.  Most fortunately don't require this, and I did get some this time that I didn't do when first released.  So I'm happy with the achievements they added for the Return, and comfortable with the level of repetition.  Also, nice to see the community frequently working together to make sure everyone had their achievements!  

51 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

That's why I'm talking about new players that didn't get the LS for free. E.g any player that joins on EoD release.
You get gems anyway while getting achievements done, just like you get gold anyway for doing achievements and farming. So not really that much of a different scenario, as they technically are forced gold sinks. You have to get the LS to get the amulet, as they are the prerequisite for it.

It's more of icing on the cake for the seasons.  It's optional of course, it's a way to get people to play or purchase them, it's something to spark some storyline refreshers and filler until EoD.  I purchased mine several years ago when I began playing, and find it no different than buying an expansion or other DLC from other games.  The amulet is not a gold sink on top of a gold sink, just earned simply by playing purchased content (or free for some seasons that were played on release)...not an extra 2k gold for crafting it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think it's the same thing under a different perspective.  Still had to grind out 1000s of trees, ores, etc. and do JPs and literally grind bounties and DRMs.  Sometimes had to wait a long time for races or try to time the Drizzlewood metas or whatever.  It was a non-trivial amount of micromanagement.

I think the real problem for anyone doing it now is that the maps are going to mostly be dead again.  So it's going to take some doing to find groups for certain things, whereas other legendaries you can do at your own pace and just either grind gold or outright buy it and be done.   

• Like 2

I'm really glad Anet chose to go in this direction, and have this legendary amulet be an investment of time and effort, rather than a huge gold sink (I'm broke as it is, so this is a big deal for me!). It certainly feels like its weight in gold. I've been working on it for a while now and am still not even half way there yet, lol.

I'm also glad that, instead of a gold sink, we basically get tons of mystic coin rewards along the way to use in the making of one of the aurene legendaries - AND you get a free precursor along the way!! It's just a win-win-win situation.

Being part of the rainbow community too, I love the fact that this legendary has a rainbow theme, and once I unlock it, all my characters will have the effect on.

I'm currently working on the meta's and slowly but surely will get there - I have done 9/24 so far and am really enjoying the journey. Though today was a bit frustrating with the "reconquer the chalice of tears" jumping puzzle - but I got there in the end! Thank goodness THAT is over. Having to get all the checkpoints along the way was exhausting, lol. The first time I missed a checkpoint and had to start right from the beginning 😞

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

I'm really glad Anet chose to go in this direction, and have this legendary amulet be an investment of time and effort, rather than a huge gold sink (I'm broke as it is, so this is a big deal for me!). It certainly feels like its weight in gold. I've been working on it for a while now and am still not even half way there yet, lol.

I'm also glad that, instead of a gold sink, we basically get tons of mystic coin rewards along the way to use in the making of one of the aurene legendaries - AND you get a free precursor along the way!! It's just a win-win-win situation.

Being part of the rainbow community too, I love the fact that this legendary has a rainbow theme, and once I unlock it, all my characters will have the effect on.

I'm currently working on the meta's and slowly but surely will get there - I have done 9/24 so far and am really enjoying the journey. Though today was a bit frustrating with the "reconquer the chalice of tears" jumping puzzle - but I got there in the end! Thank goodness THAT is over. Having to get all the checkpoints along the way was exhausting, lol. The first time I missed a checkpoint and had to start right from the beginning 😞

Chalice is rough for sure, but I'd much rather have that than a mystic tribute.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

"just sell your soul"

Those achievements are more or less self-completing if you just play the episodes/related maps. Really some of the most basic stuff there is to do, not even close to what you're pretending it is... for whatever reason you're doing it. 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

"just sell your soul"

Really? 
I’ve completed most of them in one Tuesday night session the day they released. Some took coming back for another hour or two to tie up the last few.

If that’s selling your soul, what’s Aurora or Astralaria?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Really? 
I’ve completed most of them in one Tuesday night session the day they released. Some took coming back for another hour or two to tie up the last few.

If that’s selling your soul, what’s Aurora or Astralaria?

Well then you have to sell your whole family trees souls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I can ALMOST live with the subtle effect it has. 

"just sell your soul"

or more literally ...  "just play the game". I mean, if you think earning this is equivalent to selling your soul, you should really question your desire and motivation to play GW2.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I can ALMOST live with the subtle effect it has. 

or more literally ...  "just play the game". I mean, if you think earning this is equivalent to selling your soul, you should really question your desire and motivation to play GW2.

yeah, you just naturally complete EVERY achievement just playing 🙄

• Confused 5