Trailblazer - the joke needs to end

Mattmatt.4962

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

35k hp in marauder, about 44k in Sentinel. But then it doesn't have the same access to things like protection, long range CC, or damage on CC.

Slap full minstrel on it. 😉 Or even celestial.. Celestial I see going up rather high in HP too.

Edited by GoldenPants.1870

20 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Shiyo.3578, to be fair it is not the tanky stats that are the issue, its the crappy Feb2020 balance that is the issue. Specifically the removal of damage from hard CCs. Bring CC damage back and your complaints would go away.

It is the Feb2020 patch that's the cause of all this, don't know why they thought it was a good idea to to blanket nerf damage on everything and rip damage off hard cc, and extend that Spvp balance into WvW. Some damage returning via tuning/buffing the damage coefficients would be nice in WvW, and CC damage to return to WvW only would make things a lot better on the roaming side. 

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

It is the Feb2020 patch that's the cause of all this, don't know why they thought it was a good idea to to blanket nerf damage on everything and rip damage off hard cc, and extend that Spvp balance into WvW. Some damage returning via tuning the coefficients would be nice in WvW would be nice, and CC damage to return to WvW only would make things a lot better on the roaming side. 

It would, but we'll have to wait until after EoD launches.

2 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Not entirely true, there is an amount of skills that you can use to deal massive damage that can be countered with certain skills, two obvious examples are Defiant Stance and Infuse Light. Those skills will absorb all the burst and guess what, the burst goes on CD. Conditions remain and will be reapplied over and over and over.

Are warrior and herald unkillable? No, quite far from it actually, therefore dmg > healing. Also those heals in particular are better vs condis than vs power, because good players won't burst into them, but condis can't be stopped from dealing dmg and healing the enemy.

2 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Not true, Elementalist ignores CC, Ranger ignores CC, Warrior can ignore CC. I'm not really sure why did you wrote this when for many classes there is more antiCC uptime than CC uptime. And this is not even counting stability.

I can't but laugh when people compares power effects with conditions effects.

I have yet too meet a single ele, warrir or ranger who would ignore all cc. But whatever, keep beliving that condis are op instead of learning how to deal with them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Harbinger can get just under 50k HP.

41k is the highest I could get in full Sentinel with Vital Persistence, Vitality food and Runes. Just under 50k might be overstating it a bit, unless you mean while in Lich Form or something.
I'd be interested to see if this could be brought higher though.

1 hour ago, Shroud.2307 said:

41k is the highest I could get in full Sentinel with Vital Persistence, Vitality food and Runes. Just under 50k might be overstating it a bit, unless you mean while in Lich Form or something.
I'd be interested to see if this could be brought higher though.

50.6k with sigil of stars at max stats and infusions. Vampirism runes give the highest health total once you have high HP.

Edit: this is also why the passive HP Regen as a percentage of max HP was such a bad idea. You really could get a passive 2k regen for free.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

On 12/12/2021 at 3:50 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Trailblazer is wasted stats in most engagements since the enemy brings cleanses.

But as I've said before, I fully agree on one condition - all 4 stat gear is removed. Minstrels, marauders, the lot.

Do you think there will be new, 5 stat gear in EoD?

On 12/12/2021 at 3:50 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Trailblazer is wasted stats in most engagements since the enemy brings cleanses.

But as I've said before, I fully agree on one condition - all 4 stat gear is removed. Minstrels, marauders, the lot.

Or remove part of what makes those stats quite sturdy like some values between the gear stats itself?

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 12/16/2021 at 10:33 AM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Marauders only really helps vs condis. Any 1 shot build will still 1 shot you regardless  if you're 11k or 15k hp.

Well you should die with 15k. Full Marauders is 17-18k on an ele/thief.  Of course Marauder gear doesn't help you if you're not wearing it.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 3

On 12/16/2021 at 1:33 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Marauders only really helps vs condis. Any 1 shot build will still 1 shot you regardless  if you're 11k or 15k hp.

I mean, "partial oneshot" is a thing that happens a lot — you eat part of a big burst but evade or stunbreak out of the rest of it. Sure, their gameplan is to do 20k+ damage quickly, but usually you end up at some middle ground between "you took 20k damage" and "you took 0."

And those 4k-6k hp really matter quite a bit then.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 1