Things I'd Like To See Change QOL Style - Class Balance/Design Stuff

Trevor Boyer.6524

1 minute ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Exactly why was necro nerfed multiple times in PoF now?
(You think it might have something to do with necro being in its best state of any expansion thus it recieved the most nerfs it had every recieved in any expansion?)

I like how you ignore.
If you put menders on more then half the classes in the game and trait defensive you were unkillable. Because YOU play a dps build and died in 1 shot doesnt mean everyone dies in one shot i played chronobunker before the mass rune nerfs i had like 90% block uptime and dazes I DIDN'T get one shot see how that works what you see as sillyness is actual a choice of itemization that people make that you fail to understand.

I mentioned scourge because you mentioned it you decided to move the goal post i will not be going to the next goal line. Also defensive runes had a way lower CD back then your missing so much about the previous meta many people do not understand how much itemization the feb 2020 patch zapped out of the game most of the runes became unplayable. Which destroyed maybe hundreds of builds. There was much more to the old meta then damage.

Back then scourge was pressuring peeps at points for a time but It doesn't undo from the fact you are ignoring that peeps literally cried and complained about the specs i mentioned and able to 1 shot you regardless and from stealth it was a whole level of unhealthy and Menders would help only so much in a meta where everyone was super fast and bursty to extreme levels like 30-40k burst from thief from Deadeye  literally deadeyes were camping peeps and 1 shotting them from ranged. There is a reason why soulbeast/Mirage/deadeye/spellbreaker/weaver/renegade even chrono got clipped, its because those specs were more insane.

Back then it was you had to be more insanely op to be top spec with the amount of mobility and escapes. Do you not remember the amount of mobility soulbeast had and burst it had with world strike? do you not remember how insane for instance core ranger was with its attacks? it wasn't just scourge alone that was the problem, it was every POF spec but keep ignoring me i guess you have a necro bias and hatred.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

You realize, you can buff other ways than by buffing damage? For example, if you would want to have Berserker on Reapers level, you could give him pulsing resistance in berserk mode, so he could not be blinded, immobilized, weakened, feared etc. While it wouldn't make Berserker suddenly do more damage, nor his defences against damage would change, he would be much viable than now.

Yes, you are right, you can do that, but this is also not problem free. BTW, I was responding to another post. My main messages were: buffing something = nerfing something else in relative terms. Your point does not contradict this fact. and 2) brainless builds with high rewards should go.

Ok, let me address why this is not problem free. Firstly, giving  pulsing resistance in berserk mode only would save that class, it will still be kitten. Once you buff other non-dmg traits to make it viable -- which is related to its survivability -- then some might complain about it. Then what you do? Nerf it sustain or buff others dmg? Then we are back to the dmg problem again...

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

The issue with necros is: Before the balance was terrible in the game and it still is terrible.

Back then Anyone could be 1 shot and it was super brainless. Want to 1 shot a non mobile class? cc with chill/roots/cripple/stunlocking them use infinite mobility and burst them.

Necros literally don't have mobility and aegis like some classes sort of like how guardian isn't a super mobile class either and is pretty slow. In  fact i would argue far too many were used to when nec were free kills to every and any class. its better if there is a reasonable TTK where peeps have to actually use strategy instead of cheap invisibility+1+stunlock+Instakill like the way thief and mesmers did.

I think eles need help too as i think its kinda obserd they get hit so hard In SPVP, especially for a very squishy class.

Too many cheap and broken stuff that shouldn't be a thing.

You think now core necro is still terrible???... Then we have nothing to discuss, will just be a waste of time.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:58 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

The difference is that playing a marauder LR weaver at a level where you are considered a threat, takes at least 5x the effort/skill of playing something like a ranger or guardian or...an engi.

I can assume that all "pro" here can play a  LR weaver as good as @Grimjack.7359 or @Blamthrax.9785.....yeah right...somehow I strongly doubt that.

Anybody can play a ranger, guardian, engineer and be a menace in GW2 with very little effort.....but put the same players on a marauder ele...and they'd last 1/3 of the time it would take to say "ohhh kitten"

Agreed with Math that "Also thinking any class in this game is hard to play is delusional rofl."

12 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

You think now core necro is still terrible???... Then we have nothing to discuss, will just be a waste of time.

No but i'm talking about back when POF came out the damage level was terrible for the game.

It sounded by the post you wanted the stupid damage levels of POF. Right now arguably core nec is a bit strong but my argument was that for pof levels then core nec was really bad because it was free kill  to any and all specs due to the level of damage because necromancer values tankiness over evades and mobility and due to that it could not survive in a high burst meta the way it was

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

You realize, you can buff other ways than by buffing damage? For example, if you would want to have Berserker on Reapers level, you could give him pulsing resistance in berserk mode, so he could not be blinded, immobilized, weakened, feared etc. While it wouldn't make Berserker suddenly do more damage, nor his defences against damage would change, he would be much viable than now.

How to make a class workable by Morwath: 101 ideas of powercreep:
Add pulsing full immunity to soft cc.
X kitten D
Berserker from the very beginning should BE what a RAMPAGE is: a transform skill that would for short duration give you full new 1-5 skills like Holismith and Shrouds do. For these 10s it could become unstoppable Juggernaut that you should avoid contantly to not get rekt, but no, A-net decided to just slap some overtuned into oblivion Burst skills and called it a day.
That's about 99% of e-speces in this game.

• Confused 3

@Ovark.2514 ok first. Your totaly wrong here. The only reason why Berserker was strong back then was Eternal Champion stacking stability per second. Not cause of the burst skills outside of Berserker mode. How ever no I dont want any primal burst skill to Change. All I want is an option to Do damage and get defence defence while not in berserker mode. It would be totaly fair to bring the f1 core burst skills back. Since it would work like a necro shroud then basicly but with a pretty fair traitoff called -300 thougness.

12 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

X kitten D
Berserker from the very beginning should BE what a RAMPAGE is: a transform skill that would for short duration give you full new 1-5 skills like Holismith and Shrouds do. For these 10s it could become unstoppable Juggernaut that you should avoid contantly to not get rekt, but no, A-net decided to just slap some overtuned into oblivion Burst skills and called it a day.

Personally i think berskerker should be a scary class that if  he goes into that zerker phase should be super scary  burst and make you be cautious to be around. Not sure how to incorporate that tough because i'm not a warr main and don't do zerker.

I'd be perfectly fine if it had the level of burst and cc of a reaper if its as glassy as they say, maybe even more if its that glassy. Maybe with something like this we can se zerker warr hardcounter  core nec meta and burst hard? i dunno just thinking of some ideas of bringing warr back to acceptable levels.

Edited by Axl.8924

39 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

No but i'm talking about back when POF came out the damage level was terrible for the game.

It sounded by the post you wanted the stupid damage levels of POF. Right now arguably core nec is a bit strong but my argument was that for pof levels then core nec was really bad because it was free kill  to any and all specs due to the level of damage because necromancer values tankiness over evades and mobility and due to that it could not survive in a high burst meta the way it was

But we are talking about current meta? Also, you write and I quote: "Right now arguably core nec is a bit strong ". looooooooooooooooooooooool

Moreover, I said "You think now core necro is still terrible???..." From which part you made the inference that I want the stupid dmg levels of POF?.....

I wont respond any further, already proved my point that this is waste of time.

12 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

But we are talking about current meta? Also, you write and I quote: "Right now arguably core nec is a bit strong ". looooooooooooooooooooooool

Moreover, I said "You think now core necro is still terrible???..." From which part you made the inference that I want the stupid dmg levels of POF?.....

I wont respond any further, already proved my point that this is waste of time.

I mean you aren't specifying what level of damage is acceptable.  I do think something that hardcounters such as zerker or maybe  making thief desireable to hardcounter core thief and reaper is acceptable with the idea for people to switch around. I don't think its good to have uncontested specs with free reign.

Edited by Axl.8924

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

Back then scourge was pressuring peeps at points for a time but It doesn't undo from the fact you are ignoring that peeps literally cried and complained about the specs i mentioned and able to 1 shot you regardless and from stealth it was a whole level of unhealthy and Menders would help only so much in a meta where everyone was super fast and bursty to extreme levels like 30-40k burst from thief from Deadeye  literally deadeyes were camping peeps and 1 shotting them from ranged. There is a reason why soulbeast/Mirage/deadeye/spellbreaker/weaver/renegade even chrono got clipped, its because those specs were more insane.

Back then it was you had to be more insanely op to be top spec with the amount of mobility and escapes. Do you not remember the amount of mobility soulbeast had and burst it had with world strike? do you not remember how insane for instance core ranger was with its attacks? it wasn't just scourge alone that was the problem, it was every POF spec but keep ignoring me i guess you have a necro bias and hatred.

Wait wait wait wait. Is there a period of the game I'm just forgetting? Because renegade wasn't relevant until after Feb 2020. Renegade was by far the weakest PoF spec before that. 

2 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

X kitten D

Doesn't Rampage have pulsing stability? Doesn't Reaper shroud have stability on it? Do you get my point now?

2 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Yes, you are right, you can do that, but this is also not problem free. BTW, I was responding to another post. My main messages were: buffing something = nerfing something else in relative terms. Your point does not contradict this fact. and 2) brainless builds with high rewards should go.

Ok, let me address why this is not problem free. Firstly, giving  pulsing resistance in berserk mode only would save that class, it will still be kitten. Once you buff other non-dmg traits to make it viable -- which is related to its survivability -- then some might complain about it. Then what you do? Nerf it sustain or buff others dmg? Then we are back to the dmg problem again...

Buffing something = nerfing something. However, we should keep in mind, that impact of both can be different in enviroment where you balance between two things, or between 36 specializaitons. For example, if you nerf Necromancer, you won't make Berserker viable. If you buff Berserker, you will make Berserker viable, and maybe you will even as well nerf Necromancer this way by adding other viable team fighter that could do good against it.

I don't think it would be kitten to begin with, nor that it would require more buffs, as it would turn Berserker into unstoppable juggernaut for duration of berserk mode, which should be enough to gain some momentum in group fight.

Edited by Morwath.9817

1 hour ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Wait wait wait wait. Is there a period of the game I'm just forgetting? Because renegade wasn't relevant until after Feb 2020. Renegade was by far the weakest PoF spec before that. 

I heard you could burst pretty hard with bow on renegade condi single person? not sure how accurate it is. The burst i saw in some videos was pretty good compared to herald which i saw doing mostly power roaming.

Edited by Axl.8924

3 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Agreed with Math that "Also thinking any class in this game is hard to play is delusional rofl."

You are lost and confused....first you claim "brainless build with high reward should go" and then state "Also thinking any class in this game is hard to play is delusional rofl"....and I strongly assume that the class/spec you play is not brainless and the "high reward" is justified....yeah talk about delusions

If we could use hard cold logic, I guarantee you that 3/4 of any class you may play will pass as "brainless gameplay", so you may want to get down from up there and join the mortals

The truth is that over half of "players' feedback" is 100% pure non-sense bias driven pretentious "design" discussion.

The first thing all "pro" should remember that this is a MMO and not a single player multiplayer mode and such, not everything contained in it must be convenient for you to fight against.

There are different players, enjoying different aspects,so all this talk "this profession got this and I don't like to play against it"..well sunshine..this is not a one man show, nobody here plays to become your personla pin cushion and nowhere has been written that you should only get fair fights.

I don't come here crying about every single thing I dislike about every other profession, I try to adapt around it, find something that works against it or simply avoid it!

What the heck you lot believe? That people log in to give you free loot and some ego boost? 

"I am rank this and that and I stream"..nobody with a little of common sense gives a kitten about that. So let me get this straight...you or the OP lost that precious little1v1 in the far corner and that requires a nerf apparently.

One thing which I really loved about GW1 devs is that they had the guts to come out and say ;"L2P, adapt...or leave"...ofc the leave part was not literally said but close to it.

These days instead...too many snowflakes who think to be god's gift to mankind and nobody with enough "balls" to tell them the hard truth..sad

Edited by Arheundel.6451

15 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

I would like to see some love for Berserker again since it get not1, not 2, but 3 trait offs in PvP. The first one is the -300 thougness while in zerk Mode. The second is that you got no real defence/heal if your not in zerk Mode cause you need to hit your burst skill if you want to benefit of Adrenalin heal. The third one is cause you get no burst skill if your not in zerk Mode you also deal no damage back then.

Edit: The best way to bring Berserker back in pvp life is to simply bring The burst skill back as it Was before that Rework.

Actually its 4 tradeoffs. You cant cancel berserk mode manually.

Think about it. The only mode/form in the entire freaking game that you cant cancel/exit. On a spec that loses like half its value outside of berserk mode. Thats one hell of a tradeoff if you ask me. Its annoying in PvE already. You activated it by accident in a short phase before the main fight continues? Well too bad.

Edited by anbujackson.9564

4 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Ovark.2514 ok first. Your totaly wrong here. The only reason why Berserker was strong back then was Eternal Champion stacking stability per second. Not cause of the burst skills outside of Berserker mode. How ever no I dont want any primal burst skill to Change. All I want is an option to Do damage and get defence defence while not in berserker mode. It would be totaly fair to bring the f1 core burst skills back. Since it would work like a necro shroud then basicly but with a pretty fair traitoff called -300 thougness.

Oh i forgot about that. mb. Getting normal burst skills back could work as that would mean berserk mode would be on a different keybind from the burst/primalburst skills. They may not even have to incentivize using berserk mode because the berserk traits all deal with berserk mode anyway, so the only benefit to not using it but taking the line would be the utility skills+torch. And those skills are kinda rubbish in sPvP.

11 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You are lost and confused....first you claim "brainless build with high reward should go" and then state "Also thinking any class in this game is hard to play is delusional rofl"....and I strongly assume that the class/spec you play is not brainless and the "high reward" is justified....yeah talk about delusions

If we could use hard cold logic, I guarantee you that 3/4 of any class you may play will pass as "brainless gameplay", so you may want to get down from up there and join the mortals

The truth is that over half of "players' feedback" is 100% pure non-sense bias driven pretentious "design" discussion.

The first thing all "pro" should remember that this is a MMO and not a single player multiplayer mode and such, not everything contained in it must be convenient for you to fight against.

There are different players, enjoying different aspects,so all this talk "this profession got this and I don't like to play against it"..well sunshine..this is not a one man show, nobody here plays to become your personla pin cushion and nowhere has been written that you should only get fair fights.

I don't come here crying about every single thing I dislike about every other profession, I try to adapt around it, find something that works against it or simply avoid it!

What the heck you lot believe? That people log in to give you free loot and some ego boost? 

"I am rank this and that and I stream"..nobody with a little of common sense gives a kitten about that. So let me get this straight...you or the OP lost that precious little1v1 in the far corner and that requires a nerf apparently.

One thing which I really loved about GW1 devs is that they had the guts to come out and say ;"L2P, adapt...or leave"...ofc the leave part was not literally said but close to it.

These days instead...too many snowflakes who think to be god's gift to mankind and nobody with enough "balls" to tell them the hard truth..sad

If you think brainless == not hard to play, then its fine, but seriously, get some education first, then maybe you can comprehend the difference....

12 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

So let me get this straight...you or the OP lost that precious little1v1 in the far corner and that requires a nerf apparently.

Woah woah there, tiger. Now that's just unnecessarily abrasive.

You need to change how you view people and stop assuming so much.

Not every thread is written out of anger.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Oh i forgot about that. mb. Getting normal burst skills back could work as that would mean berserk mode would be on a different keybind from the burst/primalburst skills. They may not even have to incentivize using berserk mode because the berserk traits all deal with berserk mode anyway, so the only benefit to not using it but taking the line would be the utility skills+torch. And those skills are kinda rubbish in sPvP.

I feel like one big change would significantly help Berserker in pvp. The greatsword F1 serk burst should give Fury just like the normal F1 Arc Slice.

If Berserker had that little extra bit of damage, it would help it a lot.

45 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I feel like one big change would significantly help Berserker in pvp. The greatsword F1 serk burst should give Fury just like the normal F1 Arc Slice.

This reads like you're afraid of giving berserker damage. Which is fine. see below. I refuse to accept fury on arc divider when that doesn't fix the core problem with zerker. It just probably punishes people that would already down to the zerker F1 a little harder. 

12 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Actually its 4 tradeoffs. You cant cancel berserk mode manually.

Think about it. The only mode/form in the entire freaking game that you cant cancel/exit. On a spec that loses like half its value outside of berserk mode. Thats one hell of a tradeoff if you ask me. Its annoying in PvE already. You activated it by accident in a short phase before the main fight continues? Well too bad.

-and- since the rework, the berserk skills keep you in it longer, which depending on whether or not you took eternal champion is a hard  nerf (you are -300 toughness longer for using your skills) or a buff. 

16 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

X kitten D

No. Burst skills are fine. Morwath is closer to the solution than you are, even though I wouldn't lean that hard into resistance. The problem is mitigation being low and avenues of damage application being easy to block on top of being telegraphed, and resistance would fix part of that (the blind spam). 

16 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Ovark.2514 ok first. Your totaly wrong here. The only reason why Berserker was strong back then was Eternal Champion stacking stability per second. 

^ That.

You give zerkers a smidge more sustain or mitigation in the form of stance cooldown reduction or utility skills that do anything  and that can be worked with.  @ZDragon.3046 had some good suggestions on this that I mentioned earlier, and I will continue to refer to them until the class feels fun to play.

My suggestion is to increase berserkers viability to keep up with core and spellbreaker builds without just making it hit bigger numbers than the other two options. I feel like adding more raw dps is not the solution needed here. (seeing as how the other two options sometimes already hit bigger numbers in the majority of players hands) I think the utility side needs to be adjusted not the outgoing damage.

Savage Instinct Activating berserk mode breaks stuns and reduces incoming damage. Activating Primal Burst reduces incoming damage.

Feel No Pain (2s): -100% Incoming Damage.

Feel No Pain (1s): -100% Incoming Damage (Primal Burst Activation)

(This change promotes the ideal play style of berserker and increases risk for reward. Using a burst to punish a foes burst)

Burst of Aggression Gain a burst of speed when entering berserk mode. 

Quickness (3s) / Super speed (3s)

The next trait highlights this one as this changes is kind of needed. It makes no sense that this is a one off minor that basically does nothing. There should be an risky optional to expand upon it. (see Bloody Roar Grand Master suggestion)

Bloody Roar: Deal increased damage while in berserk mode. Gain Burst of Aggression when using a Primal Burst.

15% Damage increase. 

BoA: Quickness (3s) / Super speed (3s) 

This change is just outright needed somewhere in the berserker elite if not under the BoA trait itself then some where else. It makes no sense that the Burst of Aggression trait is a one off activation with no options to make more use of it. This is a perfect addition to bloody roar!

Outrage: Break out of stun and extend the duration of berserk mode. The extension of berserk mode increases and conditions are removed if a stun was broken.

Duration Increase: 1 second

Stun-Break Duration Increase: 5 seconds

Stun-Break Condition removal: 2 conditions removed.

I would say this is more than fair as the suggested buff implies that you must be stunned to even take advantage of it.

Headbutt: Stun your target and stun yourself. Gain adrenaline and extend berserk duration if you hit. This skill ignores the blind and immobilize conditions, removes all stability, and deals increased damage if stability was removed.

Berserker use to have a few skills that ignored the blind condition. I think that should make a return specifically on this skill.

Rupturing Smash (Hammer Primal Burst): This skill now impacts a full circle at the target location around the berserker instead of a half circle. 

A 1 second strike damage immunity on primal burst, a refresh of quickness/superspeed when using a primal burst (if you took bloody roar), and -only- headbutt ignoring blind (and optionally doing damage, but that's a long shot anyway) would likely fix the class. Outside of that you'd have to adjust stance and shield cooldowns, but those would strengthen core and spellbreaker as a result. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

53 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It would be nice damage except that it just makes GS that much more mandatory when it is, and always has been, the best in slot weapon for sPvP.

4 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

If you think brainless == not hard to play, then its fine, but seriously, get some education first, then maybe you can comprehend the difference....

What I do is due to the level of education I have....in your case the lack of it...It's why you can spend the whole week, thinking this is more than simple entertainment...I'd say good luck for the future but you'll need much more than that at this point 

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Woah woah there, tiger. Now that's just unnecessarily abrasive.

You need to change how you view people and stop assuming so much.

Not every thread is written out of anger.

Dunno if you still "remember" the OP you created but...a ranger playing side node, goes and mention things "needing attention", listing : smoke screen....gale...fear ring.......yeah all factors contributing  to a lost duel due to a sudden +1, but sure let's assume that this thread was not made out of "anger", after all you even added the "token gesture" with warrior 300s trait to make it seems more credible

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

What I do is due to the level of education I have....in your case the lack of it...It's why you can spend the whole week, thinking this is more than simple entertainment...I'd say good luck for the future but you'll need much more than that at this point 

Say whatever you want, conjecture whatever you like. Still, its hilarious that you equate braindead with not hard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This reads like you're afraid of giving berserker damage. Which is fine. see below. I refuse to accept fury on arc divider when that doesn't fix the core problem with zerker. It just probably punishes people that would already down to the zerker F1 a little harder. 

Nah, I just have limited experience playing war outside of Spellbreaker or classic War. It feels to me that real damage output on War/Spellbreaker tends to happen right after you land that Arc Slice and get Fury. IE: I land a Bull's and go into 100Blades on a Spellbreaker which can 1burst someone pretty quickly. But on a Berserker which is supposed to be tweaked more for damage, I can't get that Fury proc for that same combo, and it feels off. If you could reliably get Fury as a Berserker like this, it would be a significant damage buff and Berserker would feel more like a Berserker imo.

10 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

It would be nice damage except that it just makes GS that much more mandatory when it is, and always has been, the best in slot weapon for sPvP.

Yeah I hear that, but I feel like Arc Slice is better than what is supposed to be the upgraded Arc Divider. Arc Slice hits once to land its damage so it only uses 1 INT proc, makes Fury, let's you get free crit with GS5 and GS3 if you land them with last 2 INT procs, then you can go into a 100Blades with the Fury. <- This just ends up streaming better for a lot of damage output. But on Berserker GS Burst, it has to hit several times to land its damage, which is easy for players to avoid, it eats your 3 INT procs right off the get go, doesn't make Fury, Now your GS5 GS3 are likely no crits, and you won't have Fury for a Bulls 100Blades.

Berserker is supposed to be a heavier damage dealer and he is in raids or fractals when other people are tossing him Fury, but in pvp it can't self propagate Fury outside of awkwardly placed small Fury that doesn't do much like on Axe. Hell, even the Berserker Transform doesn'st grant Fury for some reason.

If Arc Diver also granted Fury and Berserker Transform granted Fury, Berserker might actually be very dangerous in pvp. Like instant 1burst dangerous all of the time, and that's really what it needs to do its thing and be more viable. That's all its got, just a lot of damage.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524