Tired of being forced to waste time and money on trolls

40 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'm curious how the OP is wasting money due to trolls in a F2P game.

It's not F2P to many who were trolled. And you are aware that WPing needs to pay, right? It may be cheap but it is still gold you are paying over time. And the trolling is happening in WvW too but to a lesser extent. This is a very annoying problem and for a very very long time players have brought this up over and over again and yet nothing has been done 🙄

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

It's not F2P to many who were trolled. And you are aware that WPing needs to pay, right? It may be cheap but it is still gold you are paying over time. And the trolling is happening in WvW too but to a lesser extent. This is a very annoying problem and for a very very long time players have brought this up over and over again and yet nothing has been done 🙄

How often does it happen to you? Every day? 😮

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

Really?  WP isn't so in-game cash expensive as you seem to want to make it out to be.  Also, that's not money -- real money.  Still wanting to know how this trolling wastes the OP's money.

It's kind of you to speak for him/her, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Really?  WP isn't so in-game cash expensive as you seem to want to make it out to be.  Also, that's not money -- real money.  Still wanting to know how this trolling wastes the OP's money.

It's kind of you to speak for him/her, though.

Technically you can buy gold through gem conversion, so it may very well be real world money.  

Time is also money, and trolling wastes time.  

• Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Technically you can buy gold through gem conversion, so it may very well be real world money.  

Time is also money, and trolling wastes time.  

The few seconds that it takes to make sure that you don't click on the wrong thing isn't a lot of time.

Yes, you can buy gold with RL cash, but for the WP example, who really does that?  Heck, the reward from the event should cover any WP expense.  It's a complete non-issue.

And thank you, too, for speaking on the OP's behalf.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just curious...how did you know how much Gaile Gray played the game?

Not agreeing or disagreeing with the suggestion; just giving a Dev's response.

I didn't realise u were a dev...

Anyway, going by the wiki entry she was very much a behind-the-scenes employee (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gaile_Gray)

If she played a lot there would be some mention of it- does she sound like a player to you in this interview?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Well, there's always reading what she has to say about playing the game:

"I play the game a lot. Usually a few hours each night plus more on the weekends. I love the in-game festivals and spend even more time when they're going on, with Halloween being my favorite, yet Wintersday a close second. I am so happy that we continue to host festivals because we all -- players and developers -- love those fun events! The return in 2018 of the Festival of the Four Winds was very exciting, and it rounded out a year of great activities for all of us players. When I played in the past, I represented the ArenaNet guild, and you might have seen me and my pet, Franklin, anywhere in Tyria. (Yes, Franklin also flew the ArenaNet tag. :) ) Now that I am a former employee, I cannot belong to the ArenaNet guild, but I'm sure I'll still be in the game from time to time and I hope to see you there."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Gaile_Gray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 12/15/2021 at 9:52 PM, ArchaeanDragon.7314 said:

I understand that troll behavior is normal and expected in PvP, but I don't do PvP modes.

Agree with your overall sentiment but you have this point wrong. This sort of behavior, as you have unfortunately experienced, is more of a PvE thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

She doesn't mention what kind of content she plays apart from highlighting festivals; strikes me as more of a casual player who dips in and out of various things. If you're not doing events which have a chance of a rare drop often, you won't be affected by chest-trolling so it won't be an issue for you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Agree with your overall sentiment but you have this point wrong. This sort of behavior, as you have unfortunately experienced, is more of a PvE thing.

It's wrong and insulting for the pvp community. Trolls are everywhere, especially where you feed them. 

Aviator box is a no problem, gaile is right, thanks to anet they have some priorities and probably better to do with eod. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what dictates what a 'casual' player plays.  I guess it means playing a few hours each night, and more on weekends by avoiding meta events.

Regardless, it was only a citation for the post that stated "As this has been discussed, and nothing has changed, it's fairly safe to say that Anet doesn't see this as an issue".

Again, I'm ambivalent about the issue; not sure why you want to argue with  me.  Take it up with Gaile.

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm not sure what dictates what a 'casual' player plays.  I guess it means playing a few hours each night, and more on weekends by avoiding meta events.

Regardless, it was only a citation for the post that stated "As this has been discussed, and nothing has changed, it's fairly safe to say that Anet doesn't see this as an issue".

Again, I'm ambivalent about the issue; not sure why you want to argue with  me.  Take it up with Gaile.

I don't know where you're getting an 'argument' from; this is just a discussion. I'm also not sure why you think taking it up with Gaile is a constructive suggestion, seeing as it didn't affect her gameplay and she's been gone for years.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

I didn't realise u were a dev...

Anyway, going by the wiki entry she was very much a behind-the-scenes employee (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gaile_Gray)

If she played a lot there would be some mention of it- does she sound like a player to you in this interview?

Was that the beta of matriarch?

I cant remeber its fire being anything else but the green glowing thing we got now.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:54 AM, Katastroff.1045 said:

What would Auric Bassin be without the aviator box? or Portal prank at the wall in Tangle Depths?
They are easily avoidable, just be mindfull of what you doing when pressing "F".

Simply put, it would be a much better experience by stopping the losers.

21 hours ago, UnDeadFun.5824 said:

First, thank you to those who responded with helpful advise. It always amazes me how many people respond to this complaint by demeaning or belittling the person being harassed, like it's one's own fault for being harassed or trolled. A person completing an event in this game is not asking nor should be trolled or harassed when attempting to collect a reward, period.

Anet, please fix this issue.

Advice you don't agree with isn't necessarily bad advice. Take all our feedback how you will but don't tell us your view is the right one. We all have our ways of dealing with trolls and if you post on these forums we are going to share our perspective. Don't attack our community over a few bad eggs. That is pretty much exactly what the trolls want. My personal perspective is that there are things Anet could do but, like any company with limited resources, they have to prioritize and this really isn't that huge an issue. I totally understand the rage it can create but that is avoidable without expending Anet resources. That is fixable with how each player chooses to respond. One of my friends laughs hysterically and says "they got me good" then WP's and still collects his rewards. I respect him for it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'm curious how the OP is wasting money due to trolls in a F2P game.

I think he means in game currency. He mentioned having to waypoint back after having accidentally clicked on a portal that trapped him outside of the map. Even if referring to in game currency, the fact that said currency has a real money cost associated with it, the point holds up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I haven't fallen victim to this in years, but I don't get what's the big deal with making it a little less harder to troll?  I think it'd make the game a more pleasant place for many people.

An option to block consumables or a confirmation window could be useful. I mean, don't just tunnel vision on one issue. Troll food overwriting expensive food is another issue. Or placing troll  food near portals on WvW reset night. So kill multiple birds with one stone.

Some people were dumping Birthday Cakes on top of the bombs for Triple Trouble, I mean we finished it anyways, because I knew how to pick up the bombs but that made it less fun. That could lead to failure for less experienced groups. 

I don't really think it's right for "it's not my problem" to translate to "it's not your problem".

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Advice you don't agree with isn't necessarily bad advice. Take all our feedback how you will but don't tell us your view is the right one. We all have our ways of dealing with trolls and if you post on these forums we are going to share our perspective. Don't attack our community over a few bad eggs. That is pretty much exactly what the trolls want. My personal perspective is that there are things Anet could do but, like any company with limited resources, they have to prioritize and this really isn't that huge an issue. I totally understand the rage it can create but that is avoidable without expending Anet resources. That is fixable with how each player chooses to respond. One of my friends laughs hysterically and says "they got me good" then WP's and still collects his rewards. I respect him for it.

I didn't attack the whole community. I thanked people for positive advise and then pointed out how some people respond in a negative way. If someone doesn't find this behavior as a problem I do respect that but some make others feel less because they are bothered or upset over being harassed. The rules for conduct are clear and I believe this behavior falls into those rules outlined as harassment and should be addressed by Anet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2