Reflect Reflect,Block,Reflect,Block.

Caedmon.6798

Tone down the projectile hate,the projectile block/reflect share spamm so projectile based spec aka De's,or any Ranger spec etc can actually  have a viable role in WvW "BloB' fights. Theres too much of it,period. Hence the entire meta has been Aoe spamm for years and rangers or any other projectile based specs are never wanted.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Play stanceshare soulbeast instead of camping a projectile weapon.

Seems you dont understand the issue,i play multiple classes and builds,its a non argument. Stay on topic or dont reply. Its been a big issue for years hence aoe spamm is still king and rangers or anythin projectile based is not wanted,as i said. Its an ingame issue,telling someone to switch build is just dumb really and makes me realize you dont even know wth im talking about.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8

5 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Seems you dont understand the issue,i play multiple classes and builds,its a non argument. Stay on topic or dont reply. Its been a big issue for years hence aoe spamm is still king and Ranger are not wanted,as i said. Its an ingame issue,telling someone to switch build is just dumb really and makes me realize you dont even know wth im talking about.

If you play multiple builds then it is a nonissue. In fact you don't even need to switch classes.
If by AOE spam you mean meteor which has a huge cast time , CoR which is not an AOE but a line attack and has a huge tell, or necro shades which do little to no power damage then it isn't even the issue make it out to be.

It's a melee superspeed meta not a ranged AOE meta.

In fact if they took out every block or reflect if you play core ranger for example you're still trolling.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you play multiple builds then it is a nonissue. In fact you don't even need to switch classes.

Youre not getting it mate.

Infusion.7149 "In fact if they took out every block or reflect if you play core ranger for example "

And are you honestly gonna gonna tell me that aoe's dont do anything and tell that I'm the one trolling ?

What in the world are you even talking about ?

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Youre not getting it mate.

Infusion.7149 "In fact if they took out every block or reflect if you play core ranger for example "

What in the world are you even talking about ?

"Rangers never wanted" yet soulbeast is a offmeta pick if you spent less than 5 minutes on gw2mists.  https://gw2mists.com/builds/ranger/power-soulbeast

You wrote the following:

10 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Tone down the projectile hate,the projectile block/reflect share spamm so projectile based spec aka De's,or any Ranger spec etc can actually  have a viable role in WvW "BloB' fights. Theres too much of it,period. Hence the entire has been Aoe spamm for years and rangers never wanted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

"Rangers never wanted" yet soulbeast is a offmeta pick if you spent less than 5 minutes on gw2mists.  https://gw2mists.com/builds/ranger/power-soulbeast

You wrote the following:

Yes i know what i wrote,and you dont seem to acknowledge the issue because you dont understand the issue but want to start some useless argument anyway. Aoe' based dmg has been meta for since forever,rangers DPS WISE are not wanted because of the stupid amount of projectile hate which has only gotten worse ele aura shares/engi bubbles/warri bubbles/constant aegis shares/beside any other projectile ignore available its near pemanent,if the same was towards Aoe;''s you might have seen the issue. Dont know how you try to defend or fight this issue which is a straight up fact but w/e.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Caedmon.6798 said:

Yes i know what i wrote,and you dont seem to acknowledge the issue because you dont understand the issue but want to start some useless argument anyway. Aoe' based dmg has been meta for since forever,rangers DPS WISE are not wanted because of the stupid amount of projectile hate which has only gotten worse.. I dont know how you try to defend or fight this issue which is a straight up fact but w/.

Power soulbeast is not a support build. Maybe try playing it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Fine then list every "AOE" you think is a problem.

Read my first post.Youre trolling,being dumb or simply not understanding the issue. And if you dont understand it then simply say so,and ill teach you what the issue is !

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Caedmon.6798 said:

Read my first post.

And I addressed every bit of it , from the rangers not wanted part to the AoE part.

You think that somehow by removing blocks/reflects people will run rangers and deadeyes when they can run heralds and DH/scrappers/weavers/tempests. Do you know that grenades are not split from PVE and are projectile as well? You'd remove the counterplay to grenades or 1500 range engineer mortar in the process.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Infusion.7149 said:

And I addressed every bit of it , from the rangers not wanted part to the AoE part.

You think that somehow by removing blocks/reflects people will run rangers and deadeyes when they can run heralds and DH/scrappers/weavers/tempests. Do you know that grenades are not split from PVE and are projectile as well? You'd remove the counterplay to grenades or 1500 range engineer mortar in the process.

Last reply to you, its about the amount of overal blocks/reflect share/projectile ignore hate that is the issue in blob fights which is near permanent,and not balanced at all,unable to recognize this fact is on you.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Last reply to you, its about the amount of overal blocks/reflect share/projectile ignore hate that is the issue in blob fights which is near permanent,and not balanced at all,unable to recognize this fact is on you.

Unless you are talking about aegis then the reflects are from the following:

• Tome of Courage which is 60+ coldown
  • Shield of Absorption 24s cooldown (not a reflect)
  • Swirling winds/magnetic aura which is 30s+ cooldown unless you are running aftershock for a second reflect
  • Winds of Disenchantment 90s cooldown and not used primarily for projectile destruction
  • Electrowhirl on scrapper which is only applicable to one player
  • Defense Field on 25s cooldown on heal scrapper (not reflect)
  • Field of the mists on hammer herald which only affects a certain direction (not reflect)
  • Scourges usually don't run CPC (not reflect), this isn't PVP
  • Only inspi chrono has feedback when ressing, people usually have null field/veil/illusion of life : feedback is 32s cooldown
Edited by Infusion.7149
add Winds
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

TC please, there are enough nerfs done over the years to WvW.

We should nerf all reflects and blocks so that all rangers can snipe and troll from 1500 (seems like 2000) range? And then what? There will be calls to nerf ranger's longbow skills? It goes on and on. You should know ANet's solutions to balancing is NERF, NERF and more NERFs and we are already riding on the nerfing carousel for years now. Enough already.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Ranger spec etc can actually  have a viable role in WvW "BloB' fights.

Yikes, someone is on one today. 

Anyway, Soulbeast has a very much viable dps build without projectiles for "blob fights". Sb/druid have solid immob builds for coordinated groups. But unlike "meta" classes, they generally aren't as useful in pug blobs. 

No comment on projectile hate, there is a lot tho. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

There's a problem, though.  The skills in the game are, with rare exception, mechanically designed to function in structured PVP.  That's small scale for WvW.  There, reflects aren't nearly as powerful.  If you're 1v1 or 2v1 versus a Deadeye and you drop something like Feedback, the Deadeye just vanishes for 8 seconds and comes right back like nothing happened.

All of this projectile hate exists because without it, functional melee builds would be few and far between.  Even now, the strategy for melee focused builds is to throw on a bunch of mobility skills in the hopes of either catching players or running away from a losing fight.  It happens that projectile hate scales well, because they're primarily environmental effects.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Ye i made a similair thread way back. Theres a real problem with projectile obstructing skills in wvw. One of the problems is that one projectile skill can shut down an infinate amount of projectile over the course of its duration. This combined with the fact that almost all projectile reflects/destruction skills are 'domes' rather than walls makes for almost no counter play or play around for classes that are projectile heavy.
Ive sugested making projectile work almost like stability where they have a set amount of stacks and each time they reflect or obstruc a projectile they are removed. Ive also sugested looking over some of the frequently appearing skills and consider chaning some of them into non-dome shaped skills. For example chaning some into a wall.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

Ive sugested making projectile work almost like stability where they have a set amount of stacks and each time they reflect or obstruc a projectile they are removed.

If you want that then dont look at boons, there is already a skill that works exactly like this - shield of wrath (guard focus).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As others has mentioned, I think this is more an issue of "scale" than anything else. Reflection/Block shouldn't be an issue at 5vs5 or less.

So this is another thing that practically breaks once players gather up 10+ and I don't think there's a good/easy way to change it without breaking it at smaller scales.

You'd essentially have to re-design the entire ranged/anti-ranged mechanics from the bottom up, in order to try to create something that might scale properly. I don't see ANet doing that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Tone down the projectile hate,the projectile block/reflect share spamm so projectile based spec aka De's,or any Ranger spec etc can actually  have a viable role in WvW "BloB' fights. Theres too much of it,period. Hence the entire has been Aoe spamm for years and rangers never wanted.

Normally I would agree, but knowing that you run stealth Deadeye I'm actually happy that the only one that gets annoyed here is you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

Something they could do is just remove the "reflect" aspect, everything that reflects projectiles now just destroy them.

Or, instead of reflecting/destroying projectiles, walls and stuff would reduce thier damage massively, like 90%, but that means you could still use CC projectiles, and atacks that inflict Condies would work normally (power damage reduced, but the condi work normally), only siege reflects would remain the same of course.

• Confused 2

I spend half my time in WvW playing pew pew ranger in blob fights ('cause i like the big messy battles), but projectile hate has never been much of an iussue to me. If i see that my target has activated a skill that blocks/reflects arrows (afer using longbow #1 to check whether it's safe to hit them or not. I don't just mindlessly spam #2 unless i'm reasonably sure it won't get reflected) i either hold my fire  and wait for the effect to expire so i can then hit when it's on cooldown, or i just change to a different target and leave the previous one to somebody else (since there are always allies nearby. I'm not stupid enough to try to fight a blob alone). It's not like every single one of the enemies has blocks/reflects active all the time, so i always find someone i can pew pew to my heart's content. 

Edited by Sir Alric.5078
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Something they could do is just remove the "reflect" aspect, everything that reflects projectiles now just destroy them.

Or, instead of reflecting/destroying projectiles, walls and stuff would reduce thier damage massively, like 90%, but that means you could still use CC projectiles, and atacks that inflict Condies would work normally (power damage reduced, but the condi work normally), only siege reflects would remain the same of course.

So feedback which is rarely used and Tome of Courage' s Valiant Bulwark?

Magnetic aura is only applied to subgroup unless you are running aurashare tempest per subgroup. Skills such as electrowhirl or daggerstorm are only for the user.

The issue is way overblown, the only people really affected by this are those who run selfish useless builds like core ranger or deadeye instead of stanceshare soulbeast and staff daredevil.

If you all want to nerf Valiant Bulwark just say it. No need to beat around the bush.

If they remove player reflects I can totally see a thread the week after complaining that veteran protectors and earth elementals reflect as well as veteran wizards using swirling winds 🤣

It is extremely unlikely to happen other than a numeric split because reflects are required in W2 Matthias raid.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1