What is best and easiest class for begginer?

Sakiboj.3894

Easiest classes for beginners are probably standard archetypes such as warrior (only one F1 key), guardian (mostly unused F keys except on firebrand), and ranger (basically the hunter spec with a pet). If you only have core game or aren't going to venture into expansions I don't recommend necromancer nor ranger. If you want to play endgame content any of those works, however guardian is by far the most favored in both PVE and World versus World. If you play ranger you will want to not develop terrible habits such as letting the pet tank for you and it generally isn't highly regarded in WvW due to these bad habits.

GW2 isn't a ranged focused game, so don't let descriptions fool you. The places that ranger primarily attacks from range are more or less PVP exclusively , if you camp shortbow it is strictly worse than using weaponswap. You're more likely to see people ranging in WvW on guardian with Dragonhunter or herald (revenant) on hammer than ranger outside of smallscale combat actually due to AoEs.

While thief has no weapon cooldowns it really isn't a highly wanted class except in PVP with teams as opposed to solo queues, maybe that will change with the upcoming End of Dragons expansion' specter. As you don't need to level a character for PVP purposes it isn't a great choice to start with. What I don't recommend to new players is starting with engineer, elementalist, or mesmer unless they are willing to put in extra effort to learn them. Revenant is only available to Heart of Thorns expansion and has an energy mechanic which may be un-intuitive to people that normally don't play casters.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sakiboj.3894 said:

Thanks for answer. I have both expansions and I have one level 80 boost. Now I am in dilemma should I use it and on which class. I don't like PvP. Mostly PvE content.

Well in PVE 5 man endgame fractals there's two dominant classes right now due to boons, guardian firebrand and revenant renegade. Scourge (necro) only recently became a requested spec and is liable to be nerfed because of changes that happened this past year that inflated its damage. Scourge is nearly a fully ranged spec but necromancer isn't a particularly difficult class to level. A good resource for that sort of content is discretize : https://discretize.eu/guides/what-should-i-play/
For 10 man content such as raids and strike missions, warrior berserker and ranger (druid mainly but also soulbeast) are serviceable and wanted. Most squads look for two firebrands for quickness application , in the past it was mainly mesmer's chronomancer that provided quickness.

In terms of solo/open-world potential beyond core tyria / level 80 guardian excels far more than ranger or warrior ; revenant is also quite strong after level 80. In fact the openworld farming site fast farming has builds for guardian and renegade nearly exact to those from instanced content.
https://fast.farming-community.eu/farming/builds/guardian
https://fast.farming-community.eu/farming/builds/revenant

The fact is core guardian with greatsword and core warrior with double axes are stronger power builds and conditions don't affect structures in the core game , ranger does okay with greatsword or sword+axe if you have dense enemies.

Mesmer isn't particularly enjoyable to level since core tyria has trash mobs where the clones instantly vanish so if you were to use a level 80 boost that would be my personal choice. Of all classes the level 80 boost probably benefits engineer and elementalist the most as their elite specs are far above the core class in terms of usability but currently they aren't highly sought after in endgame PVE so I'd stay away from making them if you are new. Elementalist also suffers from high complexity and extreme boon reliance on weaver spec.

14 minutes ago, Sakiboj.3894 said:

So if you would have to choose between guardian and revenant, which one would you choose? 

For a new player guardian is more intuitive and core guard cleaves more targets than core revenant due to greatsword and sword. Revenant is a Heart of Thorns spec and at the time it was designed for the harder Heart of Thorns content and I would not call the energy mechanic as easy.

Something such as the following:
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Basic_Guardian
as opposed to https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Revenant_-_Basic_Revenant

One the players on the wiki that also does a raid guide put up a new player guide you might want to look at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Dak393/New_player_Guide#Leveling_Builds

2 hours ago, Sakiboj.3894 said:

Thanks for answer. I have both expansions and I have one level 80 boost. Now I am in dilemma should I use it and on which class. I don't like PvP. Mostly PvE content.

I strongly recommend that you don't use a booster unless you already know what you are getting into. If you are a beginner enjoy the ride while taking the time to learn each new skill and trait. All at once can be overwhelming considering your character is not the only thing you have to learn. Also, its better to have at least a piece of the world explored along with it.

From both options I'd recommend guardian to start. You can RP it as a fanatic zealot not so lawfully good lol kind of an inquisitor

• Like 4

For you, imo:

Ranger — Good at ranged combat, good melee damage output, lots of cool trait synergy that makes it satisfying to explore different builds. Also a good choice for a "main character" since it's fun to explore the whole world earning new pets.

Necromancer — Wears light armor but plays a bit like the "death knight" archetype in other games rather than a pure summoner/spellcaster type like you might expect. You hit hard and can tank a good bit of damage. You're fairly durable and most of your abilities are a bit on the "slower" side so it's not super demanding in terms of APM / reaction time. If you go necro, I recommend going into Reaper (the melee smash spec) once you get the option to do so, because it annihilates open-world enemies and is really fun in an uncomplicated way, and then picking up Scourge later (a little squishier and more "involved" as a spec, but with great team support baked into its offensive abilities) to play that in group instanced stuff.

Don't focus too much on "what's popular at the top end" because that's not most of the game. Basically every class is viable for story, open world, even Strike Missions and Fractal groups below 100. By the time you get into Raids and Fractal CMs, switching characters won't be very hard for you (and, in those situations, having several characters ready to fill in is always highly very desirable anyway). I run Strikes and T4 Fractals all the time and I've never kicked anyone for their profession pick.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guardian, Ranger, and Necromancer in their Core builds are the easiest and most forgivable classes for a beginner.  Don't jump into e-specs until you grasp the game, because they do add a degree of complexity that you need game knowledge to use correctly. 

Guardian has a lot of passive buffs that make you do more than what you are actually doing.  You will be contributing even if you still don't know what you are doing yet. 

Ranger has a pet to assist and has good sustain/escape ability.  It also does some of the best ranged damage in the game, so you can keep distance.

Necromancer is easily the most forgiving class in the game.  There is a virtual second life bar in Death Shroud and Necromancer has the best Downed bar skillset out of all the classes(Skill 1 can res you even without killing something). 

If you have the expansions don't go Guardian. It has amongst the lowest HP in the game paired with low mobility and there's classes with much more forgiveness and quality of life features for beginers. My advice:

1) Necromancer: amongst the classes with the largest base HP, with an extra life bar in the for of shroud mechanic, can easily get passive switfness just equiping a utility skill, has huge AoE ranged attacks with plenty of cc and damage. Can be extremely safe and played passively using minions or became a mele beast with the Reaper specialization. Very good in PvE, specially at solo content, very good in WvW zergs and mid to large fights, currently op in PvP. Very easy to play, viable with both condi and power stats.

2) Revenant: mid HP with heavy armor, lots of mobility and resustain; maybe the stongest class at soloing PvE at the moment, the core and Herald specs are mostly mele, but the Renegade ranged game is very strong. Viable with bot power and condition stats, meta in almost every facet of the game. A bit more complex to learn, has some annoying bugs.

3) Ranger: mid HP with mid armor, plenty of mobility, good both at mele and range, but mostly vs single targets. Very powerfull in both power and condition stats, with huge burst. Easier to play than Revenant, very good at solo PvE, top notch WvW roamer, weaker in large fights.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Warrior is best class.

With that said, make each class you are interested in and go play some pvp matches to see what you enjoy. You will be able to experience competitive combat at max level that way, and for a more complete opinion.

I don't play pvp, i am atrocious at pvp

39 minutes ago, Sakiboj.3894 said:

I created revenant. I will play a little and see how it goes 🙂

My recomemded builds in condi and power core Rev for starters:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQHMJyhFRNMI6hBSfMBKgjuSfKD-zxIY8o7vUSoA6KByMC6ME8fA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQHMPyh1RNMO6hRSfMCKgl+U16H-zRIYR09XKtVAZGCdmA9GBeNA-e

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sakiboj.3894 said:

Please, PLEASE do not use the 80 boost. I have never, not once, seen a new player use the boost and thought "hey, that turned out okay."

As for an easy leveling build, try this one. It's extremely braindead - summon minions, send them to swarm targets, and only occasionally press buttons for certain special effects. Since it's condition-based, a lot of damage you end up doing will be passive. Also, various sources of lifesteal also make a lot of sustain quite passive as well.

There are better, more expensive gear stats that can make a minion build work even better, but the Dire stat set is pretty readily available.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Please, PLEASE do not use the 80 boost. I have never, not once, seen a new player use the boost and thought "hey, that turned out okay."

As for an easy leveling build, try this one. It's extremely braindead - summon minions, send them to swarm targets, and only occasionally press buttons for certain special effects. Since it's condition-based, a lot of damage you end up doing will be passive. Also, various sources of lifesteal also make a lot of sustain quite passive as well.

There are better, more expensive gear stats that can make a minion build work even better, but the Dire stat set is pretty readily available.

Thanks, I haven't used boost. I was thinking that is better to level first character by just playing the game. Problem was maybe still is what class to play. For now I like necromancer.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:36 PM, Sakiboj.3894 said:

Hi, what is easiest and most fun class to play? I like range but i would go with melee if it's fun.

Happy new Year to all

Thanks, I haven't used boost. I was thinking that is better to level first character by just playing the game. Problem was maybe still is what class to play. For now I like necromancer.

Reaper is great class for beginners and its pretty simple Axe/Warhorn  because axe does a lot of damage and GS for cc and big dmg. You can very easily build up vulnerability and then burst enemies down. or you couild go into reaper shroud after that for even bigger damage and keep doing 1 and 2 for massive damage.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sakiboj.3894 said:

It turns out that revenant is not my cup of tea. Is there any leveling build for necromancer?

Easy-mode Necro starter build is something like this:

• Weapons: Axe/(Focus or Warhorn) + Staff. (The Axe set hits hard, the Staff basic attacks build up life force fast to get back into Shroud. Your #1 goal with weapons is to charge up life force pretty fast so it's nearly full by the time during the 10-second period when you are not in Shroud.)

• Gear: Focus on Power, Precision, and Ferocity in your stats.

• Skills: Take minion skills, life force generating skills, or stun breaks. Minions won't do a lot of damage by themselves but they'll tank enemies some. Anything that gives you faster movement (e.g. Swiftness) is useful for starters builds, too.

• Traits: When you unlock traits, start with Soul Reaping to increase your damage in Shroud (Death Perception trait for Power builds; Dhuumfire trait for Condi builds) and Death Magic to make you tankier and gives you buffs for minions.

• Playstyle: Stay in Shroud as much as you can, that's where your biggest damage is. You have long-range attacks with Shroud and Staff, and medium-range attacks with Axe, so you can kite as much as you want, but you can also stand your ground and demolish weaker enemies who swarm you up close using Shroud skills 4+5. Staff 3+4 together will also apply Weakness to enemies (welcome to COMBO FIELDS!), reducing their ability to damage you. (If you truly get in over your head, run away and cast Staff 3 or 5 behind you to slow down enemies who chase you.)

If you want to experiment with Condi necro as well (after you unlock Dhuumfire especially): get Condition Damage on your stats, use a Scepter, unlock the Curses line, take skills/traits that send your conditions to enemies.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Youre overthinking. Choose a class you like. Everything is viable in large part of the game. Its easy to make more professions later on. 

Pretty much. 

I wouldn't say any proffession (except elementalist) is largely punishing and even then elementalist has plenty of easier options (power weaver, trailblazer tempest) although they definitely aren't the greatest open world choice. 

It doesn't take long to get the hang of any choice realistically. My first character was a elementalist. I went hybrid weaver and tbh got pretty solid at it within 2 weeks. 

You will find it far easier to get good at a proffession you enjoy then one you aren't largely connected with ontop of this game catagory will change the answer up alot 

For example, reaper is considered largely faceroll in open world while life force management gets harder in a raid as taking DMG is a direct DPS loss. 

Weaver is largely considered harder in PvE but really much easier in a PvP enviroment. 

Pick a proffession you enjoy the theme of. Wanna be a dark caster play necro, enjoy very animated abilities go elementalist, prefer more physical animations go warrior etc etc. 

Don't overthink or try intentionally play something for a specific reason, elites all vary in difficulty even in the same proffession. For example soulbeast is considered much harder to play then core ranger. 

• Like 2

So... my personal rank from easiest to hardest:

1. Necro — no need to memorize any rotation, can even afk or let minions do the job. Super tanky, powerful passive healing. Some people say you can play scourge only by facerolling on your keyboard.

2. Warrior — requires only 3 buttons to work, (and one of them is W to move forward).

3. Ranger — you have a personal tank (pet), it's the best thing to avoid damage. Maybe necro can summon 5 "pets" (minions), but at least you can name your pet whatever you like and make it stop attacking everything around you.

4. Guardian — it's simple, but can be squishy. Guardian fits everywhere in any gamemode.

5. Revenant — skills on very low CD, 2 healing skills.

6. Mesmer — bursty, and there's a chance to let your clones draw all agro.

7. Thief — weapon skills have no CD, but you have know how to manage your initiative, because spamming skills won't work well. Thief is more about single target DPS (exept Daredevil).

8. Engineer — engi can be played in two ways: super complex with many kits, or just flamethrower.

9. Elementalist — ele has many tools to use in combat and for sure you will use all of them. It's squishy and you have to learn each skill.

Most fun? It's just my opinion, but: Mesmer, Thief, Revenant and Ele.

• Like 2