Compounding and blatant

Arken.3725

Yep.

What's the point of a 600 range single target skill that roots you in place if all the projectiles will also miss a player that is moving.

That's just a bunch of negatives.

They need to speed up the projectiles even more than the measly 33% increase in July 2016, or just make it useable while moving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 6:39 PM, Sonork.2916 said:

Should add a homing effect to the projectiles the sword shoots, and have the skill not root you. 

This has been said many times and in many ways since launch.   Ranger's pew pew pew  don't root .  Neither should this sword3 thing.  I don't understand what kind of game breaking consequences that Anet is afraid of.   It's single target and it misses half the time, even a dolyak can doge it.

You think that is bad? What about all those moments when your target was close to a wall or some other object and the projectiles just went over the target for some kittening reason? I don't have any ideas why stuff like that isn't being fixed and balanced. It's almost like that "devs don't play their own game" meme is not a meme but is a pure 100% fact.

• Like 4

On 1/5/2022 at 6:32 AM, Ezrael.6859 said:

Yep.

What's the point of a 600 range single target skill that roots you in place if all the projectiles will also miss a player that is moving.

That's just a bunch of negatives.

They need to speed up the projectiles even more than the measly 33% increase in July 2016, or just make it useable while moving.

Or just make the projectiles track (see: specter’s twilight combo, core necro shroud). It’s really a perfect skill for that to be implemented on imo.

9 minutes ago, Arken.3725 said:

I'm not sure how GS3 works on guard in pvp. To me it looks like you initiated the leap (it has to be a leap to miss so badly) during the evade frames of the dodge. If GS3 is like warrior leaps, thats what the leaps do when you do them on a dodge roll target (be garbage and not connect, and land you to where the target was when you initiated the skill). It would be amazing if this got fixed for all leaps tbh.

On 1/13/2022 at 9:35 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

I'm not sure how GS3 works on guard in pvp. To me it looks like you initiated the leap (it has to be a leap to miss so badly) during the evade frames of the dodge. If GS3 is like warrior leaps, thats what the leaps do when you do them on a dodge roll target (be garbage and not connect, and land you to where the target was when you initiated the skill). It would be amazing if this got fixed for all leaps tbh.

I use greatsword as my main weapon in WvW because of the high mobility you get.

The secret to avoid this issue is to NEVER target your enemy when leaping. It's better to leap past them and then whirl. Most of the times you'll land in range.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...