Update chrono wells with eod to function similarly to the specter wells.

zealex.9410

Not necessarily having every well be a tp, (altho well pf calamity could have that function as well) but more so the nice qol of having the benefits of the the specter well upfront instead w8ing for the duration of the well to expire.

This has been a downside to chrono since it came out, w8ing for the final pulse of the wells to get the benefit and therefore being stuck in a small area for a couple seconds. It would be a very nice qol if anet made it so the wells gave their boon benefits immediately so in group play it didnt feel as bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've already mentioned in the past how and why chronomaner wells could use a new flip mechanic, to allow players to either wait for the full duration of the well (and reap the usual effect) or collapse them prematurely to get a different effect; for example you could collapse well of eternity to get less healing (2k instead of 4k) but get protection and resolution, protecting you from future damage rather than healing you from past damage. I've thrown some ideas here

• Like 4

The suggestion I wrote on a thread awhile ago was to have the wells go off at the Mesmers location, except for Gravity Well, which would be a better change in my opinion because it will prevent a lot of people from missing beneficial boons and the healing from Alls Well That Ends Well trait. 

5 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I've already mentioned in the past how and why chronomaner wells could use a new flip mechanic, to allow players to either wait for the full duration of the well (and reap the usual effect) or collapse them prematurely to get a different effect; for example you could collapse well of eternity to get less healing (2k instead of 4k) but get protection and resolution, protecting you from future damage rather than healing you from past damage. I've thrown some ideas here

I also suggested (in a different space) something similar to what you proposed. It wouldn’t break Wells identity, and at the same time it would make them much better in dynamic fights.

What am I missing with these requests to change Chrono Wells to be like Specter Wells?  There are 4 Professions with Wells, Necro having the most basic Well, causing the same effect with each pulse.

Specter Wells offer a Shadowstep into the same basic Well design seen on Necro, but at 600 range not 900.

None of these appear to do anything significant on the initial impact.

What does appear to be the big difference is the Traits for Specter and Chrono.  One offering Alacrity at the start and the other Heals at the end.

So what am I missing?  Why do people claim Specter Wells front load their abilities when that appears to only be Alacrity via a Trait?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

What am I missing with these requests to change Chrono Wells to be like Specter Wells?  There are 4 Professions with Wells, Necro having the most basic Well, causing the same effect with each pulse.

Specter Wells offer a Shadowstep into the same basic Well design seen on Necro, but at 600 range not 900.

None of these appear to do anything significant on the initial impact.

What does appear to be the big difference is the Traits for Specter and Chrono.  One offering Alacrity at the start and the other Heals at the end.

So what am I missing?  Why do people claim Specter Wells front load their abilities when that appears to only be Alacrity via a Trait?

I think chrono wells by default having ending effects. Even for something like gravity well it "does massive damage" on its last pulse. 50 damage crits are "massive" in wvw/spvp apparently.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I think a flip skill is a great idea. It can even be simpler that after well completes you get a flip skill that buffs allies around you.

e.g. Well of action will pulse slow for 3s. After it ends, you get a flip skill that share quickness to allies around you.

Edited by Exciton.8942

i dont think the delayed well effects are that much of a problem. unlike a pulsing aoe, only the final tick is important so there is no need to stay in it. it is also rather flexible; there could be absolutely no one in the aoe on initial cast, but everyone is still able to get full benefits anyway

i think having the boon application being blown up to at least 360 radius aoe (allows 1 dodge roll away from centre) is the most low effort solution without fundamentally changing how chrono wells work/its identity

• Thanks 1

Well of precog already has aegis per tick though. Well of action has quickness application so having it per tick would be an improvement to StM chrono as realistically you aren't running chrono for alac especially with renegade, mirage, mechanist, and specter alac sources.

The other wells don't provide boons other than well of recall (alac) so it isn't as large an issue as "all wells".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Well of precog already has aegis per tick though. Well of action has quickness application so having it per tick would be an improvement to StM chrono as realistically you aren't running chrono for alac especially with renegade, mirage, mechanist, and specter alac sources.

The other wells don't provide boons other than well of recall (alac) so it isn't as large an issue as "all wells".

Would be nice if the 2 boon buff wells chrono would run were immediate tho imo would make not feel ss bad when the group needs to reposition.

• Confused 1