How excited are you for EoD compared to HoT and PoF?

How excited are you for EoD compared to HoT and PoF?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you for EoD compared to HoT and PoF?

On 1/14/2022 at 7:55 AM, Cynova.1236 said:

Will be hilarious to see the results AFTER EoD releases and disappoints hhahahah!!😂😳

Or the exact opposite. 😉 We shall see.

I voted "Less excited", by the way. My excitement level has reached 1 out of 10 by now, when it was 10/10 at the time the expac was announced. :classic_mellow:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:03 PM, lokh.2695 said:

PoF: I was very on board for some of the Elites and the Story, was kinda disapointed that this was going to be a nostalgia trip for GW1 players

PoF was as little a nostalgia trip as EoD will be.

Visiting places with familiar names and hearing familiar names doesn't mean the experience will manage to take you back to that emotional and mental place.

Besides having very different gameplay mechanics, GW1 was unique in many other ways. And Nightfall had so much more to offer than just Elonian sand and specific architectures - it had a very unique story, some smart story mission mechanics, some extremely well written and fascinating characters, and the exciting Realm of Torment.

PoF was nothing like Nightfall and it replicated the feeling of playing Nightfall by exactly 0%. (Don't get me wrong, PoF has been my favorite GW2 expansion to date, but it's just not comparable to Nightfall.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I hope for the content  i paid for to be exciting and successful, as always.  But for this EoD, given the specialization's  way-off-the-mark  designs, I feel like this is gona be a flop, unfortunately.   Saw some super hyped folks on youtube doe, .... very  interesting folks.  I think another reason for the overall lukewarm reception is how communication is made to the base.  

And given how they treated Jormag and Primodus in the story (they practically flushed two elder dragons down the toilet in a 20 min worth of actions)  I have absolutely no faith on the future writing.  There is no guarantee they just killing off things for convenience purposes and expect us to take the lore seriously. 

Edited by quaniesan.8497
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I was very excited for HoT, the silver wastes events helped with that, at least for me. They kept me motivated to play the game and helped with having to wait for HoT to be released. And of course, there was Colin to keep the hype train going.

For PoF I was excited as well, this mostly because I was very curious to see how Elona would turn out to be. I love how some of the maps turned out, the architecture of the buildings are amazing.

EoD. I've tried to be hyped for it, but for some reason I don't feel very connected yet with the story, or even the reason why we're going there. Perhaps this is because I didn't spend much time playing the living story, but it just feels for me that there is something missing. Fishing? Yeah sounds fun when you have too much spare time. Skiffs? Yes, I like it, always wanted to own a boat.
I think there will be many people who disagree with me, but for me a good selling point would have been private housing. Yes we got guild halls that we can decorate, but I would like for my commander to have her own home, where I can put down trophies of her (my) accomplishments, which I can decorate and invite my friends to when we're just AFKing for a while. And as I progress in the story, more rooms of her home would become unlocked, as reward. Though I'd hate it if they were locked behind Raids. Everyone should be able to unlock it. We've a collection of books, it would be great to store them there in a library so that could read back on our adventures without it cluttering up our inventory space (for those who don't toss them away). Our legendary weapons, armor, all on display in an armory and so on. Crazy ideas that would have made me more excited than getting a boat. But one can dream 😁

But to come back to the question: No, I'm not that excited for EoD yet. The other two I bought instantly when they became available, though at this moment I still haven't pre-purchased EoD and I'm still doubting if I should. Perhaps this is also due to the fact that the release date is.. released pretty late.. we're still waiting for it. Perhaps it is a new tactic and maybe they'll say:  "..in a hour, by the end of this stream,  EoD will be live!.." Who knows. I just don't feel hyped yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

I was very excited for HoT, the silver wastes events helped with that, at least for me. They kept me motivated to play the game and helped with having to wait for HoT to be released. And of course, there was Colin to keep the hype train going.

For PoF I was excited as well, this mostly because I was very curious to see how Elona would turn out to be. I love how some of the maps turned out, the architecture of the buildings are amazing.

EoD. I've tried to be hyped for it, but for some reason I don't feel very connected yet with the story, or even the reason why we're going there. Perhaps this is because I didn't spend much time playing the living story, but it just feels for me that there is something missing. Fishing? Yeah sounds fun when you have too much spare time. Skiffs? Yes, I like it, always wanted to own a boat.
I think there will be many people who disagree with me, but for me a good selling point would have been private housing. Yes we got guild halls that we can decorate, but I would like for my commander to have her own home, where I can put down trophies of her (my) accomplishments, which I can decorate and invite my friends to when we're just AFKing for a while. And as I progress in the story, more rooms of her home would become unlocked, as reward. Though I'd hate it if they were locked behind Raids. Everyone should be able to unlock it. We've a collection of books, it would be great to store them there in a library so that could read back on our adventures without it cluttering up our inventory space (for those who don't toss them away). Our legendary weapons, armor, all on display in an armory and so on. Crazy ideas that would have made me more excited than getting a boat. But one can dream 😁

But to come back to the question: No, I'm not that excited for EoD yet. The other two I bought instantly when they became available, though at this moment I still haven't pre-purchased EoD and I'm still doubting if I should. Perhaps this is also due to the fact that the release date is.. released pretty late.. we're still waiting for it. Perhaps it is a new tactic and maybe they'll say:  "..in a hour, by the end of this stream,  EoD will be live!.." Who knows. I just don't feel hyped yet.

You only have to wait until tomorrow for the release date.  :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

"On February 1, we’ll reveal the release date for Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons."

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-launch-month-livestream-schedule/

Thanks, missed it. I knew they delayed the Kaineng stream by a week so I thought they were gonna reveal it there.

Edited by witcher.3197
  • Confused 2

Can't say I'm particularly excited, as the expac badly lacks the defining feature. Fishing sounds more and more boring the more i hear of it. But hey - it's more maps at least. And I'll finally be able to torture my raid guild with quickness necro.

Edited by Wintermute.5408
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You only have to wait until tomorrow for the release date.  :classic_smile:

Yes, I know. Waiting till February 1st for the release date of a game that is ,by their own saying, released in February. That's what bothers me a bit and is the reason why I so far haven't pre-purchased and I guess why I ain't hyped yet for it to come.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Compared to HoT and PoF I can't say that I'm excited at all. At least HoT was the climax of a story with two LW seasons of setup and PoF had some gameplay related elements I was interested in but as of right now EoD doesn't seem to have any of that:

Fishing: I don't care.

Skiff: I don't care about the multiplayer aspect of it so for me its just an inferior Skimmer.

Siege Turtle: about 2k DPS so useless for anyone who doesn't want to be deadweight (and even with a player 2 the Turtle still gets massively outperformed by them fighting separately so the same thing applies here as well).

Story: no prior setup to get me invested in the conflict and things that have been set up (like the Asura wanting to reclaim their old home in the Depths of Tyria) have been put on the backburner because of it so it's not exactly the most exciting thing for people who don't buy into the nostalgia.

New elite specializations: I don't care for most of them but it was quite noticeable that in many cases they just blatantly ignored the player feedback from the first beta.

New strike missions: good for the few that actually want more difficult content, irrelevant for those who they said they actually want to target with this kind of content.

Arborstone Revitalization: just another regional hub, nothing special here.

So the tree things left are the legendary weapons, the drone mastery and (aesthetics aside) the maps. I don't trust them with maps at all, whether or not I care about the legendaries depends entirely on whether or not the ranged ones have both matching projectile visuals and sound effects (and the short bow they showed off during the stream was still using the standard projectile sounds so I keep my expectations low). Which only leaves the final mastery but the issue here is that I don't see them having the "fortitude" to put in anything that would be impactful enough to get me excited for it while anything I actually can see them doing doesn't really excite me at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3