Delete Shadow Arts.

Exile.8160

Why does everyone jump to “delete this” when they lose to it? There’s so many things to consider before deciding to “delete” something;

Have you considered learning how to counter it? Have you considered that your class is designed in such a way that you are hard countered by it, making your chances of performing well quite small? Have you considered that the players killing you are better than you? Have you considered that you may not have fought much against that specific class or build, so are underperforming against it? Have you considered that you don’t know anything about the way the class you are fighting is trying to approach the fight, and therefore making decisions that help them kill you? Have you considered that if you were better, you would have won?

I play warrior and I don’t think thief is really a problematic class atm. Just the opinion of a brainless warrior though 🙂 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Why does everyone jump to “delete this” when they lose to it? There’s so many things to consider before deciding to “delete” something;

Have you considered learning how to counter it? Have you considered that your class is designed in such a way that you are hard countered by it, making your chances of performing well quite small? Have you considered that the players killing you are better than you? Have you considered that you may not have fought much against that specific class or build, so are underperforming against it? Have you considered that you don’t know anything about the way the class you are fighting is trying to approach the fight, and therefore making decisions that help them kill you? Have you considered that if you were better, you would have won?

I play warrior and I don’t think thief is really a problematic class atm. Just the opinion of a brainless warrior though 🙂 

Shadow Arts is overall fine, it's the aspect of Stealth and Blindness that screws with players a lot. Because you need a target to remove blind and that target is usually invisible on top while that blind last so long that there's no punishment for the Thief to remain in stealth for so long therefor it's basically free real estate for thieves with 0 risk while opponents struggle to find an opening.

Those are all things that have remained unaffected by the 2020 patch which is why it stands out so much right now. Durations need adjustments on blinds while Stealth could see it's combo fields nerfed but they really need to start with blind durations first.

Just so you know, people know how to counter it, that doesn't make it anymore balanced which is the issue here. A good Thief that plays optimally will "always" win against you, no matter how good you outplay it because of the nature of other good tools they have on top of the latter, esp as a Warrior. Those that you beat definitely overly commit their actions or have done mistakes because in general their kit has such great window of opportunity that there's only so much you can do against it.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Shadow Arts is overall fine, it's the aspect of Stealth and Blindness that screws with players a lot. Because you need a target to remove blind and that target is usually invisible on top while that blind last so long that there's no punishment for the Thief to remain in stealth for so long therefor it's basically free real estate for thieves with 0 risk while opponents struggle to find an opening.

Those are all things that have remained unaffected by the 2020 patch which is why it stands out so much right now. Durations need adjustments on blinds while Stealth could see it's combo fields nerfed but they really need to start with blind durations first.

Just so you know, people know how to counter it, that doesn't make it anymore balanced which is the issue here. A good Thief that plays optimally will "always" win against you, no matter how good you outplay it because of the nature of other good tools they have on top of the latter, esp as a Warrior. Those that you beat definitely overly commit their actions or have done mistakes because in general their kit has such great window of opportunity that there's only so much you can do against it.

Nerf blind so it clears on auto, then.

Good thieves blind you mid animation/before you're about to cast that skill they don't want anyway. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

20 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

5 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Nerf blind so it clears on auto, then.

Good thieves blind you mid animation/before you're about to cast that skill they don't want anyway. 

Glad that I stopped playing Shadow Arts. I challenge it including blindness instead these days though it is annoying in some times. A harder fight, I know. It seems I need to be faster than the one who wields those in hands.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Anet needs some serious overhauls with the client because dealing with this stealth desync lag is completely idiotic. Thieves attacking from stealth then being revealed a full second later is wtf. 

And this is literally something everyone can get behind. Thieves do fight other thieves. The de-sync issue impacts everyone negatively. 

Unfortunately, it seems like something that doesn't happen consistently, meaning the cause is probably complex or unsolvable. I wish them luck but solving a technical issue like this may just be beyond their (or anyone's) capability. 

16 hours ago, Sylvia.4870 said:

Glad that I stopped playing Shadow Arts. I challenge it including blindness instead these days though it is annoying in some times. A harder fight, I know. It seems I need to be faster than the one who wields those in hands.

Generally speaking, going for variety esp on your main should be encouraged somehow. It's appreciated no less to know that someone else is and not just me or the very few of my friends.

• Like 1

Deleting XXX thing never gonna solve anything.

The problem for all classes is same.(Thief, engineer, revenant, ranger, guardian..) This game has no balance between defense and offense.

Lets talk about thief under this issue.

Thief should have longest stealth and heaviest dps in the game! Anet can even buff them all. But in GW2 thieves has much more armor, health, heal and condi cleans than many other classes at the same time. Problem is starting here. They should die with max. 3-4 hits.

Edited by Agramon.4278

On 2/1/2022 at 6:02 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Acro is not terrible.

But, if we assumed your were right, (you are not), then you are going out of your way to completely gut and destroy the one competitive thief build, (as you claim).

This thread wants stealth gone, and you and some others want to delete dash.

Not malicious at all.

I literally said Dash should be in Acro. You don't read and just plug your ears to any criticism to the class because you're spoiled with what you got and don't want to lose it. I get that, but it makes you not approach the argument fairly. 

I've also said Acro needs buffs and Critical Strikes needs a total rework because both traitlines are useless. If you want damage then SA or even Deadly Arts (Why does D.A get censored?) is better than CS and Acro is totally outclassed by Daredevil besides being better with Sword. 

Thief has always been meta, even when Revenant was trying to take its role because it countered Revenant. It's unlikely to go anywhere unless they take a serious chopping block to Daredevil. 

Edited by CutesySylveon.8290
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

I literally said Dash should be in Acro. You don't read and just plug your ears to any criticism to the class because you're spoiled with what you got and don't want to lose it. I get that, but it makes you not approach the argument fairly. 

I've also said Acro needs buffs and Critical Strikes needs a total rework because both traitlines are useless. If you want damage then SA or even Deadly Arts (Why does D.A get censored?) is better than CS and Acro is totally outclassed by Daredevil besides being better with Sword. 

Thief has always been meta, even when Revenant was trying to take its role because it countered Revenant. It's unlikely to go anywhere unless they take a serious chopping block to Daredevil. 

I dont want it in acro, it is fine in daredevil.

The only acro that needs any possible rework are the 300s, and pain response should be changed in a way where it isn't passive, but it's fine otherwise.

The traitlines provide perks to  certain weapon sets more so than others, but can provide an option for those that don't have the expansion.

I listen to well thought out and correct criticism.

You are just witch hunting and throwing out random unnecessary nerfs, on things that have already been nerfed.

No one is spoiled, we literally want to be able to play the game.

Revenant already has a spot in the meta as a team fighter.

• Like 1