there is any tool/addon to get a shared map or something?

bal.4591

As I said in the tittle, I have almost all map completed in my main character. I'm thinking about playing a new character for End of Dragons, is there any tool or addon to reveal the map, nothing completed, just remove the fog. It's just terrible to have to explore everything again. It's a really let down after all the hours I've spent in my main. After character bound paid bags slots, making alts just feels bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

It is not an in game option, other than buying waypoint unlocks so you can hop to where you want to be and unfog it.  On the other hand if you've been training mounts such as beetle, you can zip around anything you want to unfog if you don't care about discovering anything except the terrain.

I doubt any add on to do that would be permitted.  Only overlays are allowed.  Though maybe you could have an addon that merely overlays the explored terrain?  Fairly complicated to do while keeping zooming in and out possible, could break things, and could violate ToS.

This game is the most alt friendly I've ever seen.  Almost everything is account wide.  I have 34 level 80's (not all of them fully explored, but I know the maps well enough to get where I need to go if an alt needs to be somewhere).  Compare that to my ESO characters, started that game at 2014 launch, I have maybe 8 alts and only 2 at max level.  Every achieve there is character bound (this is changing in the next big build).  Going from one alt to a second, yes, I can see that it might feel daunting.  Going from 34 to 35?  Just another excuse to come up with a neat look 😉

• Like 7

If you use griffon or beetle depending on the map, it will only take a few minutes to remove the fog. Hot maps are good for griffon cause you get high starting points and can fly all across the map revealing everything while beetle is good for pof and core tyria. And if you use skyscale to climb up, you can also use griffon on most maps if beetle is more difficult to use cause of obstacles. And it’s quite fun as you do it. 

• Like 1

World completion is literally one of the main activities for every character you are supposed to waste time with because it's designed to keep you playing the game. 

What's next, autorun between hearts? Auto combat to complete them? Auto level up with skill assignments? Maybe Aent would do well to just redesign the UI right now with big round buttons and fireworks with menus upon menus and every drop inside a lootbox, just to get ahead of the curve (lootboxes with a chance to drop more lootboxes that contain extra lootboxes with fireworks all over the screen whenever you open an extra lootbox).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

World completion is literally one of the main activities for every character you are supposed to waste time with because it's designed to keep you playing the game. 

What's next, autorun between hearts? Auto combat to complete them? Auto level up with skill assignments? Maybe Aent would do well to just redesign the UI right now with big round buttons and fireworks with menus upon menus and every drop inside a lootbox, just to get ahead of the curve (lootboxes with a chance to drop more lootboxes that contain extra lootboxes with fireworks all over the screen whenever you open an extra lootbox).

You just missed the point entirely...

No one asked about world completion. It all was about fog.... of the map you already explored before. 

Lol, shared world completion it's really dumb, how'd you get xp then if is already completed? think first, please. Or read the first message first...

Edited by bal.4591
typoo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, bal.4591 said:

You just missed the point entirely...

No one asked about world completion. It all was about fog.... of the map you already explored before. 

Lol, shared world completion it's really dumb, how'd you get xp then if is already completed? think first, please. Or read the first message first...

Except what you're really asking about is world completion. Removing the "fog" serve absolutely no purpose because the map isnt used anything other than moving between waypoints and world completion. There is no "exploration" to world completion. It's a linear progression for every character from 0% to 100%. The reward for it the gift to make legendaries. It's literally a core part of the gameplay.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Removing the "fog" serve absolutely no purpose because the map isnt used anything other than moving between waypoints and world completion.

The map is used to know where you're going - the purpose would be to see where stuff is without having to use an external resource.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Taco will show fast route on each map, with mounts and taco it's very fast. But you will still have to put in the work to get map completion. It has decent rewards afterall 🙂

Edit:

Guess I misunderstood your post as well, can't delete post

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1

Having thought about it...this sounds like a problem that will no longer be a problem once OP does map completion for the third, maybe fourth time.
On your third of fourth run, you will know where the things are that you missed the first time around on your first few completions.

• Like 3

I get it. On my ninth character, going into PoF solely for the HPs, it’d be nice not to have to “find” them again.

Though at this point, I drop a personal waypoint in the fog about where I remember the HP and I’ve gotten remarkable accurate at it.

Also, TacO.

So yeah, start a new character, clearing the fog is just part of it. Like getting geared or running HPs for elite specs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

The map is used to know where you're going - the purpose would be to see where stuff is without having to use an external resource.

... thats why you do world completion. The location of each zone isnt a mystery - they're on the map and they're all rectangular and clearly visible.

If you have to use an external resource to find your way around maybe you need to add 3 or 5 world completions on your todo list. If its specific things (puzzles for example) then you probably need to look it up anyway because staring at the map wont point you there. GW2 has a good wiki for a reason.

• Confused 2

Alright guys, If some of you enjoy clearing maps again and again, nice!
After nine years and a half, I'm still not ready to repeat mapping (not completing, only removing the fog), It just feel dumb for me, sorry. I don't want to bother about the slot bags that I already bought or (to remove the fog of the...) maps that I've already cleared. So I'll keep playing with my main for End of Dragons.

If they in the future plan a more alter friendly system I'll be glad to test it.

Edited by bal.4591
preventing distorted readings
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, bal.4591 said:

Alright guys, If some of you enjoy clearing maps again and again, nice!
After nine years and a half, I'm still not ready to repeat mapping, It just feel dumb for me, sorry. I don't want to bother about the slot bags that I already bought or maps that I've already cleared. So I'll keep playing with my main for End of Dragons.

If they in the future plan a more alter friendly system I'll be glad to test it.

So it wasn't about the fog now was it? It was about autocompleting maps on alts all along.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, bal.4591 said:

As I said in the tittle, I have almost all map completed in my main character. I'm thinking about playing a new character for End of Dragons, is there any tool or addon to reveal the map, nothing completed, just remove the fog. It's just terrible to have to explore everything again. It's a really let down after all the hours I've spent in my main. After character bound paid bags slots, making alts just feels bad.

^^
"nothing completed, just the fog"

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

^^
"nothing completed, just the fog"

I'm tallking about the fog, sorry I don't understand you, what are you saying? I've edited the comment to be easier to not distort my message.

Edited by bal.4591
adding content
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't see how the fog is a huge issue for you if you wouldn't have anything else -including WPs- unlocked anyways.

It's not huge issue. I feel it just lackuster. More QoL is always better.  I'll keep using my main character so no big deal about it.

16 hours ago, bal.4591 said:

It's not huge issue. I feel it just lackuster. More QoL is always better.  I'll keep using my main character so no big deal about it.

Yes it’s a third party ‘add on’ which, to date and it’s current iteration Anet has been ok with, But TACO is an overlay which, effectively will show you the map and it’s key locations without swapping screens to look at the wiki of another web site.  You need to run GW 2 in some form of windowed mode to use it.  (Windowed full screen works)

It is a third party tool, which I can understand that is potentially a limiting factor, but it will allow you on a new map for your toon, show you the different locations.

regardless of others understanding your issue with fog, (or my not understanding it either 🤷) this may be a way for you to minimize the effect for you.

@OP, just buy the Central Tyria Waypoint Unlock Package and two Expansion Waypoint Unlock Packages from the Gem Store. All Waypoints unlocked. That sounds like what you really want, going places without having been there first.

You want convenience, it is available for a price.

• Like 2