Changes in EoD and Mystic Clovers [Merged]

25 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Alternative options to obtain Mystic Coins and Mystic Clovers from playing new content. Sounds good to me. Those Strike Missions appear to be easier than the T4 CM Fractals. So there will be a much wider access for these rewards. In the end, this may even result in the total number of Mystic Coins on the market to drastically increase. 

Striking Back

With this wider target audience, we’ve tuned the base difficulty of each Strike Mission to make knowledge and mastery over the encounter’s mechanics the most important factors in achieving success. Each encounter has a series of “pass or fail” mechanical checks that reinforce this design philosophy, ensuring that groups can’t bypass key mechanics while also ensuring individuals can still have heroic moments where they save the group from destruction. We sought to strike a balance where players of all kinds can enjoy the content and have a satisfying experience working their way towards victory.

Based on an article where they showed the tank stats and said one player won't be able to lead the whole group. For me, this means everyone will have to watch out, because if you die, the rest of the team won't do it anymore. No. It doesn't sound any easier than cm fractals.

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

yes is another thing i fear with that "challenges modes" introduced to strikes its elitization, in one hand a bunch of long-time experienced "speed runners" and another normal modes where anyone have interest because inst rewarding.

And what is stoping those normal mode people to get 9 others and do the cms themselfs in all welcome squads?

1 hour ago, Mlody.4180 said:

Striking Back

Based on an article where they showed the tank stats and said one player won't be able to lead the whole group. For me, this means everyone will have to watch out, because if you die, the rest of the team won't do it anymore. No. It doesn't sound any easier than cm fractals.

Got a link to that article?

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Apparently Anet dont agree with you since they said this

Currently, Challenge Mode fractals are one of the largest single sources for Mystic Coins entering our economy, as each boss in Challenge Mode 98, 99, and 100 has a small chance to award either 1, 2, or 3 Mystic Coins.

if it is the largest single source as they say and its rng

it means quite afew people play fractal cms right?

You're incorrectly applying what they said and using it against me.  Where is their statement does it state that mystic coins were a significant source for fractal earnings?  If they currently rewarded 1 guaranteed mystic coin for each fractal CM, and the developers still said that the fractal CMs were the largest single sources of mystic coins, what then?  That statement of theirs isn't applicable as it's referring to the supply and not the profit of fractals.

Also note that they said "one of" which implies that there are others.  Considering that there isn't that many sources, you can't really read much into it.

3 hours ago, George.9745 said:

@mythical.6315 look, this is a good counter argument to what you said. 

It's not.  See my statement above.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

My sincerest apologies towards George.9745 and the raid-community. I do not have the best opinion about your kind, but there are better ways to continue the eternal conflict. 
-

It's cool man. But there is a difference between players who put in effort to improve and do as much damage as possible and exploiters who wanna speed run. That's why I got upset. I do what I can and actually leave whenever I see groups using exploits, like Xera side strat where you ignore whole mechanics. Not all of us use them. Some of us are genuinely grinders that just want max performance from ourselves. We are always eager to help if someone wants to be introduced to harder content. It's just them who wanna improve, we can't force them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Something I didn't realize the first time i read the news post

"10 Times per Week: Trade 10 Green Prophet Shards and 1 Spirit Shard for 1 Mystic Coin"

Green shards which are from EoD strikes only are the only new source of mystic coins. Fractals were available to everyone regardless of expansion so they've moved the source of coins from general content to new expac only. It doesn't say I can use my Icebrood Saga Blue shards to buy coins every week.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

You're incorrectly applying what they said and using it against me.  Where is their statement does it state that mystic coins were a significant source for fractal earnings?  If they currently rewarded 1 guaranteed mystic coin for each fractal CM, and the developers still said that the fractal CMs were the largest single sources of mystic coins, what then?  That statement of theirs isn't applicable as it's referring to the supply and not the profit of fractals.

It's not.  See my statement above.

If the amount is so little and negligible then why do they nuke it to 0 and only give us the option to earn coins if we buy the new xpack? 

Edited by George.9745
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

And what is stoping those normal mode people to get 9 others and do the cms themselfs in all welcome squads?

See? They have already started to reuse this premade phrase (which originated from raids and fractals and is the apex of elitism) for new strikes.

Edited by Raizel.1839
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

well ask to ppl who not do fractals t4 and don't raid.

Then they would not do strikes either so not the target audience I guess.

2 minutes ago, Raizel.1839 said:

See? They have already started to reuse this premade stance for new strikes already.

Becasue that is the truth if the squads are to elitist for you start your own and work hard to complete the content, if you fail try again untill you dont fail.

How do you think those elites as you call them started?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

To bring everyone to the same page:
Soon Raiders will be able to exchange 30 Magnetite Shards, 2 Mystic Coins, 2 Ecto, and 2 Spirit Shards for 1 Mystic Clover. Up to 10 times a week.
The Forge exchanges 3 Mystic Coins, 3 Ecto, 6300 Karma, and roughly two Spirit Shards for 1 Mystic Clover.

The Raid exchange seems to be a kind of okay deal, until you start calculating the worth of 300 Mag Shards. A Ghostly Infusion can be bought for 1000 Mag Shards and 20 Gold. They are worth roughly 60g in the TP. After tax, you are left with 51g. After taking the 20g purchase fee into account we are at 31g. 1000 Mag Shards are worth roughly 30g. 300 Mag Shards are worth roughly 9g.

Now if we compare the two exchanges, Raid will come out 1 Coin, 1 Ecto, and 6300 Karma cheaper. The Karma is worth roughly 24 pieces of Silver.

Thats 2g for the Coin, 0.2g for the Ecto, and 0.24g for the Karma. 

In the end the Raid exchange seems to be roughly 2.5g cheaper per Clover, 25g for the ten, if you dont take the Mag Shards into account.

If we take the 9g from the Mag Shards into Account, the exchange is still 14g cheaper. 

Sadly, it doesnt end here. We left out the Toilets wonderful practice to leave you random stuff when flushing down your Coins. According to the GW2 Wikis Drop Table research, there is a 40% chance to get 2 to 6 Tier 6 Materials. For 10 Clovers you are going to Flush 30 times. 12 times should reward you with 2 to 6 T6 Mats. In the worst case, you roll Claws two times, which is roughly 19 silver. In the best case, you roll six pieces of Blood, which is 2g.

tldr.: I dont see how the Exchange for Mag Shards is worth it. Its not guaranteed to save the player gold, aslong as Anet doesnt plan for Coin prices that exceed 2g by a fair margin. If the Coin price drops, the trade will lose the player money 100% of the time.

As footnote: If someone, for some reason, would convert Gaeting Crytals to Magnetite Shards to buy the Clover, they would lose gold before even taking any potential forge drops into account. 300 Gaeting are roughly 24g.

Edited by Radina.6057
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Then they would not do strikes either so not the target audience I guess.

Strikes specially atm more populated by newbs than fractals and everythings else.

But the rewards is very horizontal, anyone can do strikes and get shards, without boneskinner unless want exclusive weapons skins.

if they create a "challenge mode" and a big reward gap, the "normal mode" will end like the DRM's.. lolz.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Strikes specially atm more populated by newbs than fractals and everythings else.

But the rewards is very horizontal, anyone can do strikes and get shards, without boneskinner unless want exclusive weapons skins.

if they create a "challenge mode" and a big reward gap, the "normal mode" will end like the DRM's.. lolz.

Not really the rewards for both normal and cm drm are kinda scares tbh.

The strike cm add another audience ontop of the normal mode people who already do them.

7 hours ago, Falconwing.8105 said:

someone please tell me if my math is still wrong.

Well, you compared 5 player Fractal CM groups to an equal amount of 10 player Strike squads, as in double the players (plus as you later noticed, Clovers now requiring twice as many MC's) - this drastically higher player count required to stabilize, or potentially even lower MC prices, might hold true initially as near everybody rushes into EoD Strikes come launch, but we will have to see if that holds up long term. 

We know Fractal CM's are some of the most engaging, fun and repeatable content in GW2, with a community of players repeatably playing that content since years and years - we do not now how the EoD Strike population will be in weeks, months, years. 

But even if EoD Strikes consistently see ~5 times the population of Fractal CM's to keep up with the current supply and increased demand, the problem remains that they are nuking the rewards for engaging and proven core content, accessible to everybody, and loading them exclusively into expansion locked, unproven, content. 

Regardless of if that works out economically long term or not, that's imo not a good practice - and it's certainly not "spreading the love around". 

And @mythical.6315 , again, no one said MC's are a significant portion of Fractal earnings as a whole, but of CM's in particular. In fact, even with MC's, you can already make more money quickly farming easy/lower and short Fractals than you'll gain for playing the harder content of CM's - with MC's gone, there will be next to no incentive to do them repeatably long term for gold gains. 

Nothing you said or linked (which was nothing at all, at least in this thread) shows how doing CM's for 30-45 minutes daily, especially without MC drops, is in any shape or form supposed to compete with doing just Recs and T4's and then something like Mai Trin, Aetherblade, etc. farm (or soon then jumping over to EoD Strikes for MC's rather than doing CM runs) for the same amount of time or less, and far less effort. 

Why take 30-45 minutes to play 3 CM's if you can do 10-15 low Tier farm Fractals in that same time with less effort, gaining far more Encryptions and such, especially with Fractal God (that's ~10 gold more just in bonus Encryptions), if they don't drop MC's to balance that out somewhat.

With this change, Fractals will be fine, the CM runner scene will likely not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, byebye.5492 said:

i would like a refund for eod. i bought for support but ruining the game for people so that you push new content is just bad policy. im going to lost ark

Exactly how I feel. It killed all the hype for me. I am just sad now. I really love CMs and the MC popping once every now and then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

There are 8 pvp ATs per day, which give you 5 coins if you place 1st, for 40 coins per day. ez money

For 5 players it is - imagine pve rewards limited to 5 players with fastest clear time, and decreasing for rest. Not to mention that winning 8 ATs would take you about 13-14 hours (daily), easy money indeed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

whole thing is just yikes
right now you can get from 0 to what +160 mc per week by doing cm's?
with update you get guranteed 10 per week? as long as you do eod strikes lmao

and then they have nerve saying "we apporoach any adjustments to our mystic coin economy with a lot of care"
mc price keeps going up, demand risen from 210,000 to 13,000,000... everything is fine

Edited by Dopamine.6324
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2