EOD class choice

Statikkzz.1297

Guardian until firebrand nerfs are announced completely. Tome of justice currently resets with Radiance against trash mobs meaning openworld is effortless outside of core tyria (some mobs don't burn and the structures don't take condi damage), mobility is somewhat mediocre with "Advance", healbrand is always requested in raids/fractals and the new meta healbrand in cele gear is tanky. Outside of PVE , support firebrand is here to stay in WVW and in PVP core guardian is run as support.

Engineer a close second I think. Mechanist is probably going to be less unwieldy for fractals/raiding than alac specter which needs about 3 wells to operate. Even if it doesn't pan out as alacrity mechanist , quickness scrapper is rather strong in raiding when it is a power fight , if firebrand is nerfed it could be more mainstream. Because it is power based (i.e. things die in seconds) and has superspeed it also is far more fun to play in openworld than a firebrand when it is against non champion mobs. Unlike quickness chrono you don't have a downside playing against trash mobs and grenades do actual damage when you need to range (for example with phase shift in openworld bosses) as opposed to being a meme camping on greatsword as a mesmer.
In addition, holo has been meta in PVP for a while and in WVW scrapper is common as heals.

Openworld:
https://fast.farming-community.eu/farming/builds/engineer

Raid:https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/scrapper/power-quickness-scrapper
https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/holosmith/power-holosmith

fractal : https://discretize.eu/builds/engineer/power-holosmith/

WVW: https://gw2mists.com/builds/engineer/heal-scrapper 
https://gw2mists.com/builds/engineer/power-scrapper

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Sad 1

Necromancer is the answer!

It already has it's foot in anything PvE with reaper and scourge, and now with Harbinger it'll also have another good reason to join end game groups - a high dps boonshare spec.

Practicality aside - necro is fun as hell to build. Instead of playing the piano during combat you play chess in your hero panel as the choices regarding gear and traits are wide and well balanced, allowing for great build variety and experimentation. Something not every profession can brag about.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 1

Pick warrior. Warrior is best class. Other classes scared and hide in their silly magics. Warrior sends it while half nude and nothing but a pointy stick. 

The cowards enhance themselves with flashy colors to try to match warrior. Warrior needs no flashy colors, warrior is the walking manifestation of a thousand exploding suns.

The cowards maneuver around the battlefield to have an advantage. The battlefield maneuvers to accommodate warrior’s existence. 

Do you like to see the terror in your opponents eyes as you rip their limbs from their body with you bear hands? Do you like to bathe in the blood of the masses you slaughtered as they vainly struggled to escape? Do you long for the thrill of chasing your enemies as they flee from you, mentally defeated and incapable of anything but cowardice?

Thats right, there’s only one class for you. Warrior best class. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Pick warrior. Warrior is best class. Other classes scared and hide in their silly magics. Warrior sends it while half nude and nothing but a pointy stick. 

The cowards enhance themselves with flashy colors to try to match warrior. Warrior needs no flashy colors, warrior is the walking manifestation of a thousand exploding suns.

The cowards maneuver around the battlefield to have an advantage. The battlefield maneuvers to accommodate warrior’s existence. 

Do you like to see the terror in your opponents eyes as you rip their limbs from their body with you bear hands? Do you like to bathe in the blood of the masses you slaughtered as they vainly struggled to escape? Do you long for the thrill of chasing your enemies as they flee from you, mentally defeated and incapable of anything but cowardice?

You come forward with pretty good case I must admit haha 😄  

6 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

You are aware that Warriors use magic in the Guild Wars universe, aren't you?

11 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Necromancer is the answer!

If EoD wasn't already too green, I might have considered Harbinger, too.

7 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

lack bloody fields for a warrior, so that the warrior can enjoy the primordial ecstasy of battle. Explosions of bleeding, maybe even a bloody aura, etc, isn't it wonderful!

Edited by DomHemingway.8436

On 2/17/2022 at 6:49 AM, Statikkzz.1297 said:

As EOD is just around the corner I have made a return to the game and wanting to pick a main as to speak. My focus is pve, open world content and also dungeons/fractals and raiding. What would be the "best" moving into the EOD expansion and forward. 

I you prefer ligth armor classes the best choice would probably be the Necro; is easy to use and very powerful; the new spec is more frail but in exchange has excellent mobility.

If you like mid armor classes instead I would go Ranger: has excellent mobility and damage, and in their current specs have a lot of sustain. I think that the Untamed isn't as innovative as the Specter, but Thieves struggles at dealing AoE damage in OW so Ranger would be my choice.

If you want to main a heavy armor class my recomendation would be Revenant: their condition Herald and Renegade builds do have insane sustain & damage ratios. Guardian has a magnificent damage output, but is slow moving and the base HP is crap, if you want to deliver strong dps. Warrior lacks versatility in builds: for PvE you are forced to run gs + axes almost everytime and in instanced content you're just a banner slave.

Hmmm most classes have a open word pve spec in them, even ele with weaver can play just fine open world. 

The general recommendation is that you use offensive gear but defensive skills and traits.

That means at least one stun break, one escape and  one burst skill/utility/trait. Some strategies can be hands down broken, for one aoe stuns or cc conditions. 

• Sad 1

On 2/18/2022 at 12:57 AM, oscuro.9720 said:

Tho I have one warrior myself (made him just for bladesworn)

And for my class of choice, I tend to like revenant. At the beginning I was skeptical, I chose to think over engineer or elementalist (guess i like jack of all trades classes)

All of engi classes seems fun in their own ways to me - holo with overheating mechanic and scrapper with it's barriers)
From ele I like the concept of switching his skills plus weaver being even better version of it. 

In the end I picked revenant, why -  mostly of his battle scars so I don't die so often. (i still wish GS went with renegade spec, not vindi)

Edited by AintGold.5128

8 hours ago, AintGold.5128 said:

And for my class of choice, I tend to like revenant. At the beginning I was skeptical, I chose to think over engineer or elementalist (guess i like jack of all trades classes)

All of engi classes seems fun in their own ways to me - holo with overheating mechanic and scrapper with it's barriers)
From ele I like the concept of switching his skills plus weaver being even better version of it. 

In the end I picked revenant, why -  mostly of his battle scars so I don't die so often. (i still wish GS went with renegade spec, not vindi)

You’ve got it all wrong my guy. Those are not warriors. Those are soldiers. Completely different. 

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back” -Heraclitus

You see, they are soldiers. Cannon fodder. Far beneath the likes of a warrior. There are 3 warriors in lord of the rings; Sauron (big warrior man with mace smash everything, loves destruction), Boromir (one does not simply become a warrior), and Gimli (I can forgive you for forgetting about him, since he’s so short). 

Just because someone dawns the armor, takes up the sword, and lacks the talents with magic or bow does not make them a warrior. They are brave, certainly, willing to put themselves on the line to protect what they hold dear. Admirable, yes. But not a warrior.

A warrior is defined by something deeper. A warrior does not need the armor, does not need the sword, does not need something to protect, or some noble cause. Deep inside, in the depths of Warrior’s soul, rests an unrelenting flame that wishes to consume and destroy everything that stands in the way of Warrior. And when warrior walks onto the field of battle, a land of fire, blood, and iron, warrior is welcomed home by that flame deep in his heart. It rises up, with the force of a thousand exploding subs, and unleashes itself upon the world through the Warrior.

Those who stand in opposition have no option but to flee in fear or give themselves over to the unrelenting force that is warrior. 
In the end, despite deafening pitch of squeals of pain and shouts of terror that formed the overture of warrior’s slaughter, there is nothing but silence. An eerie silence that hangs over the field that is stained red with the blood of the armies that once stood there.

Not one escaped. Not one survived. And alone, in the center, staring at the sky turned red from aerosolized blood, is warrior, dejected that the fight had ended so soon. That none had stood his equal. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

BANNERSLAVE, is the word you're seraching for and is used in GW2 to define the Warrior class.

Bannerslave is just the wording other classes have used to hide their inferiority complex from having to depend on a superior class to make them better. Now go back to your coward class and be grateful for warriors mercy.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Bannerslave is just the wording other classes have used to hide their inferiority complex from having to depend on a superior class to make them better. Now go back to your coward class and be grateful for warriors mercy.

Dude, your trolling has been funny for a while, but there's people which main a Warrior which aren't happy of being third class citizens absent from  some content as automated monthly tournaments in PvP for what? 1-2 years? Or for being just  boonbots with a single build in instanced PvE content for a lustrum.

So no, I wouldn't recomend Warrior as a class choice to main for a beginner which is going to start to play the game or EoD in 2022. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 9:31 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

A warrior does not need the armor, does not need the sword, does not need something to protect, or some noble cause. Deep inside, in the depths of Warrior’s soul, rests an unrelenting flame that wishes to consume and destroy everything that stands in the way of Warrior.

So even a mage, ranger or engineer can be if they have this "flame"... Tho arrow in the knee is enough to send many retire.

12 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

So no, I wouldn't recomend Warrior as a class choice to main for a beginner which is going to start to play the game or EoD in 2022. 

I still recommend revenant as he is useful in most modes, have 2 heals and lifesteal which can be a rescue from many troubles.

Necromancer is also worth recommending with scourge being easy and in demand everywhere plus reaper with greatsword if just want to smash things face to face.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 4:03 PM, Buran.3796 said:

I you prefer ligth armor classes the best choice would probably be the Necro; is easy to use and very powerful; the new spec is more frail but in exchange has excellent mobility.

Granted that harbinger don't have more mobility than any other necromancer spec, that was a nice joke. Keep in mind that those mobility skills have been nerfed already in Beta4.

13 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

BANNERSLAVE, is the word you're seraching for and is used in GW2 to define the Warrior class.

Bannerslave end in summer 2022 as the banner will then give common boons instead of unique buff. Thus, unless it end up being the very best way to gain those specific boons, nobody will ever take banners in any gamemode anymore (same for ranger's nature spirits, the poor things).

As for which profession would be the best moving into EoD, I'd tend to say that there is no true safe pick atm as there is a round of balance (nerfs) and a new set of e-specs incoming.

- Elementalist might push himself into a dps spot but, as it is, it's probably the riskiest profession to pick.

- Engineer have seldom been the most popular pick in PvE but, in EoD, as far as I know, it won't be a "bad" pick.

- Guardian is currently a pretty good pick but it's difficult to forsee whether it will survive the summer patch or not.

- Mesmer's mirage and chrono spec might be good picks in PvE.

- Necromancer is scheduled for nerfs so it's hard to really tell whether it will be a good pick or not. For open PvE it won't be a bad option thought.

- Ranger, I suspect, will still be a good pick in EoD for PvE (Thanks to Spotter since people might feel the need for some extra crit chance in EoD due to the loss of banner of discipline's buff).

- Revenant is also scheduled for a nerfs so it might not be a safe option.

- Thief isn't the greatest pick in PvE usually, but Specter might change that.

- Warrior might rise to a good spot but the scheduled change to banner leave me pessimistic about it's future as they make him lose it's niche.

12 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

As for which profession would be the best moving into EoD, I'd tend to say that there is no true safe pick atm as there is a round of balance (nerfs) and a new set of e-specs incoming.

My point is that the best bets are the classes which currently work the best at OW PvE, because they won't be very afected for the EoD specs nor the balance changes. Necro will be great because has powerful variants of core, Reaper and Scourge, the same as Rager and Revenant (doesn't matter if they nerf Scourge or  Soulbeast or Renegade since all of them have plenty in the pocket).

Again, in OW PvE. I don't value too much the relevance of instanced metas (fractals, raids, strikes...) since they are as niche as PvP and WvW: most of the players doesn't bother too much about them and that's why ANet is constantly leaving that content behind. They seem to be now putting their effor in revitalizing strikes, but that doesn't mean that they would have success in that regard.

So my advice for newcomers is: chose your fav character archetype (light, mid or heavy armor) and stay at Necro, Ranger or Rev; they work fantastic at OW; they are relatively simple to play and have viable options in each game mode.

On 2/21/2022 at 6:41 AM, AintGold.5128 said:

Farmers that get swords put in their hands are called militiamen. Warriors are martial experts that become so attuned to their weapon it becomes a second arm for them. 

Soldiers are well trained operatives that have a distinct mission and the training and guidance to execute that mission.

Warriors are usually duel or outnumbered artists that exist purely to be better than everyone else. Warrior is actually the translation of hero. 

They wage War specialized in the combat of their weapons, nothing else. Just pure martial skill. Tactical acumen is for commanders. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Solvryn.3287 said:

Farmers that get swords put in their hands are called militiamen. Warriors are martial experts that become so attuned to their weapon it becomes a second arm for them. 

Soldiers are well trained operatives that have a distinct mission and the training and guidance to execute that mission.

Warriors are usually duel or outnumbered artists that exist purely to be better than everyone else. Warrior is actually the translation of hero. 

They wage War specialized in the combat of their weapons, nothing else. Just pure martial skill. Tactical acumen is for commanders. 

Shame they fail to portray that in game at all 😞

15 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Again, in OW PvE. I don't value too much the relevance of instanced metas (fractals, raids, strikes...) since they are as niche as PvP and WvW: most of the players doesn't bother too much about them and that's why ANet is constantly leaving that content behind.

Yet, the OP state that he does intend to play those into it's thread.

12 hours ago, Solvryn.3287 said:

You're going to be friend with Oscuro you...