24 hours to new types of bugs!

7 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I read it as eye roll sarcasm 😐. I certainly expect there to be some hiccups as with any game, but this felt very negative and discouraging, especially for any new players to read.  

Holy crap man, I even gave obvious dumb examples of bugs, I was going for something humorous, plus new expansions are bound to have bugs. 

Its so sad to see people getting instantly discouraged or taking an obvious sarcastic post as negative. 

I was expecting people to get the joke but not find it funny cause its lame for them, but didn't expect people to get triggered by it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 9

Triggered no, more just tired of another post where someone says how bad or buggy something will be before it even comes out. Even if it's intended to be tongue in cheek humor.  How discouraging for a dev to read, like wow thanks instead of how hyped or curious you are, instead expecting bugs.

• Thanks 7
  • Confused 4

31 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Triggered no, more just tired of another post where someone says how bad or buggy something will be before it even comes out. Even if it's intended to be tongue in cheek humor.  How discouraging for a dev to read, like wow thanks instead of how hyped or curious you are, instead expecting bugs.

Lol, its funny and sad to see how you (and apparently some others) think like that.

1. This is an eod discussion thread, which was started before the expansion released, so people will DISCUSS about pro/con/what to expect in here, you cant put an argument like "You cant say that,its not even released!" , it is a discussion.

2. Any good dev wont expect a smooth release (they hope for it, like my favourite saying "Hope for the best,except the worst"), they wont get disappointed over getting bugs, maybe if its something which halts the game experience overall (which is rare).

3. Again, it is a sarcastic post, but if do think its hurtful or so, you can report it or message a forum moderator to delete it, i wont take it personally, just be disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

On 2/21/2022 at 11:49 PM, Chichimec.9364 said:

Back when social media was first taking off and folks were just starting to see its potential for influencing the public's ideas and opinions, I came across a news story that I still remember in situations like this. The brief article was talking about how the U.S. Navy was taking bids on a new software design contract. What the Navy wanted was a program that would allow one person to quickly and easily control multiple social media accounts. They were talking upwards of a hundred social media accounts per person, iirc, and the stated purpose was to influence the public.

In the years since then, I have no doubt that governments and big business have both developed such software. So every time I read yet another in the seemingly endless series of "EoD is bad..." posts on this forum, I do have to wonder who is actually writing them and if the author is being paid by a competitor to bad mouth this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

Because you're the only one laughing for such a humor.

Nope, he's not the only one. I thought it was funny as hell. kitten, with all the crap going on these days, you'd think someone trying to shed a little laughter around would be welcomed. I will be there for every bug, every crash, every patch. Lighten up people, smile more. Or just stay bitter and negative, your choice I guess. It wasn't meant as a put down to the game,  or at least that is how I read it. Now go ahead and bash, I got my big girl panties on. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 10

18 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

What if the bug is actually a teaser to the futur ?

What if your character morph into the shadow realm in a corner of the map but it turns out the shadow dragons is gathering an army ready to invade Tyria and Cantha ? 

So the shadows of the dragon we killed somehow got a life of their own and got an army together?

• Haha 1

My squad vs. Mordremoth: Crap, lava! Fly fly kittening flllllly.

*Mordremoth casts sky sling, it's super effective!*

Maybe a bit too high...Umm, wait, why can't I land? Why can't I breathe? What is space? ...It is the void, it's our new life. Corpses go brrrrrr. I still say my favorite glitch is floating underground. It's probably normal in a sense, but still funny. XD

Heck, I thought the post was funny and the chances of there being bugs after release are real. I will not log into game after update till I come here to forums to see what people are saying about any bugs or anything and then I will log into game on old PC to make sure I have no issues before I login on my good PC. It falls under crap happens and its better safe than sorry lol. P.S. I also bought my gems yesterday that I want in case they add new stuff in gem shop after release because who knows if gem buying will work right after tomorrow 😁

Edited by wolfsbayne.2653
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

As with every new game expansion launch, I do expect some kind of "mishap." Be they bugs or whatnot.  But I will say this...at least this isn't a WoW expac launch or anything....They're notoriously horrible because they're servers (even they're backups) are unplayable because they're always FULL, day 1...kittens on toast...week 1 even, if the content is decent.

So, if GW2 EoD has a few bugs, but is at least still playable?  I'll kitten take it!  

• Like 1