EoD Elite Spec(s) first Impression interest and review Poll!

Avion Blade.4869

Which EoD Elite Spec(s) are you training/working-on atm? What are you current thoughts on them?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which elite spec are you currently experimenting/growing in WvW Post EoD Release (Closes March 31 Midnight)

• Willbender
    • Vindicator
    • Bladesworn
    • Mechanist
    • Untamed
    • Specter
    • Catalyst
    • Virtuoso
    • Harbinger
    • None
  2. 2. Which is your second EoD Elite Spec you are looking forward to train/play?

• Willbender (Or another build for Willbender)
    • Vindicator (Or another build for Vindicator)
    • Bladesworn (Or another build for Bladesworn)
    • Mechanist (Or another build for Mechanist)
    • Untamed (Or another build for Untamed)
    • Specter (Or another build for Specter)
    • Catalyst (Or another build for Catalyst)
    • Virtuoso (Or another build for Virtuoso)
    • Harbinger (Or another build for Harbinger)
    • None

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2022 at 06:59 AM

Alright new Specs here we go! The poll is there to see which new elite spec is most popular and the secondary or second builds for the same spec. Please also add your first impressions post-release! Just curious! I'll give mine within the month! glhf!

Edit: Fixed typo for Harbinger from copy/pasting

Edited by Avion Blade.4869

22 hours ago, Gwaihir.1745 said:

Didnt anet promise something along the line of 'significant changes and improvements to the new specs'? Because apparently no changes occured.

The changes are massive :D people are not rushing to the new specs to win with gimmicks and damage output creep  like before.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1

I tried all the new specs during all the past betas: NONE of them felt exciting.
And i dont want to spend time unlocking something im not even excite about: it's a chore.

I dont care about pve and masteries,i played yesterday for 6 hours to unlock only 3 traits....ill stick with the builds im playinf for years lol. Last time preordering btw.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:58 PM, Avion Blade.4869 said:

Technically, not participating in the poll would mean you have no interest in any of the new elite specs, so there is that.  But, ill edit the poll so that there is that option nonetheless.

Why didn't you add the option to use any of PoF, HoT or core specs? None is very vague to include all other especs that isn't EoDs.

50 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I call BS on the "none" votes. You know they are trying new specs...

They're trying the new specs but they're ashamed to say so in an anonymous poll?

Btw if anyone voted none as a troll vote, you were suppose to vote Bladesworn for that 😉

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Haha 3

None could mean they're not interested, still doing the HoT or Pof Specs, or just core without any elites, and that is fine. The context focuses on the New EoD specs because it is recently released. And again it says, "currently", so what they're working on may change in the near future.

• Like 3

I tried running with the mechanist in roaming/smallscale but I'm finding myself asking the question... why? If I run a "real" mechanist with all associated skills I am completely lacking real utility for the group. I have very little if anything special to offer, except 2 more bodies the enemy can be mildly annoyed with. If I run my regular roaming build with a tree swapped I have a fairly useless golem as a baggage instead and half the skills available since no toolbelt. I havent really found any advantage there.

Played specter as both a roamer and an attempt at small scale support in beta1 and had fun with it, beta2 completely destroyed the spec and I haven't touched it since. Given the launch of EoD has done literally nothing to address any of the outstanding issues present at the end of beta2 with all of the new specs it doesn't surprise me at all that 60% of people aren't even touching the new specs, they really are that bad right now.