Why do you expect so much from people in Dragon's End meta?!?! [Merged]

Just tried it for the first time and the pre events are verrrry long, it's a huge time commitment. In terms of concept overall its AB, TD and DS all merged into one. Which is really cool! However, the final fight on top feels a bit like headless chicken running back and forth and the timer is very unforgiving.

• Like 3

There is just too much going on and not enough time to attack, time limit is fine if we can do damage more consistently. Between the adds all over the platform, aoes all over, then getting knocked around like a pinball, several one shot mechanics and the oddball stuff like the bubble, whirlpool and wisp, not being able to keep her targeted and running back and fourth between the tail and head, it's just frustrating and not fun at all. I just want the egg for the kitten turtle, I can care less about this meta other than that. 

Edited by Widowmaker Z.4802
Spelling
  • Like 3

I know I am in the minority with this opinion but

absolutely not.

I am in the camp of people who want most content in the game to be as hard as possible cause I don't enjoy playing easy content (which is why I am kind of disappointed by the fact that you can semi afk and still beat the first two strikes).

But even with this in mind, just like you said the thing JUST released. People will get way better at doing the event, people will play better because right now a lot of people are trying the new specs and a lot of people are new to the game in general. It was the same for the Chak meta when it came out. It's not too hard, people are just not used to it. It'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jokuc.3478 said:

absolutely not.

I am in the camp of people who want most content in the game to be as hard as possible cause I don't enjoy playing easy content (which is why I am kind of disappointed by the fact that you can semi afk and still beat the first two strikes).

But even with this in mind, just like you said the thing JUST released. People will get way better at doing the event, people will play better because right now a lot of people are trying the new specs and a lot of people are new to the game in general. It was the same for the Chak meta when it came out. It's not too hard, people are just not used to it. It'll be fine.

Then you should go for other games of raid, not forcing the majority to endure this and cause most of the ppl to leave.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Jokuc.3478 said:

absolutely not.

It's not so much that it is hard, for me it's more about the fact that they gated the siege turtle mount behind said hard content. If people want/like hard content that's fine, but don't gate one of the biggest talking/selling points they had about the expansion behind it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Widowmaker Z.4802 said:

It's not so much that it is hard, for me it's more about the fact that they gated the siege turtle mount behind said hard content. If people want/like hard content that's fine, but don't gate one of the biggest talking/selling points they had about the expansion behind it. 

No meta should be hard at all, because you cannot pick map/members and there is NO RETRY, you need to wait for so long and do everything all over again. Which is WHY no meta should be hard.

• Like 4

Another 1h+ of work went to waste...
All the hype and excitement I had for the expansion - gone, I literally take a break from GW2 after each fail, I just lose my motivation to play

IT'S AN OPEN WORLD META!!! 
People who don't even understand English join these! 
Not to mention their lack of dps, their inability to do basic mechanics, and the game running at 20 fps on high end hardware! God knows what kind of experience people on potato PCs and laptops have. 
OPEN WORLD SHOULD BE DESIGNED WITH CASUALS IN MIND! 

Worst of all, you locked the new mount behind this nonsense so I can't even proceed with masteries without relying on a bunch of random people to do more than a few k dps.

Sigh...

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3

oh my ... get some fresh air... you know you don't have to unlock the new mount and the last mastery within 48 hours post release

I'm happy to hear they put some difficulty in the last map meta. So that it feels like an accomplishment to beat it 😄

• Like 18
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Animando.7956 said:

oh my ... get some fresh air... you know you don't have to unlock the new mount and the last mastery within 48 hours post release

I'm happy to hear they put some difficulty in the last map meta. So that it feels like an accomplishment to beat it 😄

The "do stuff for over an hour in the map before you can try again" part is the issue here...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

It's probably just going to take time for enough people to learn it and get it right. The new version of Tequatl took several days for anyone to succeed at all, the Triple Wurm took over a week for the first kill. Silverwastes would fail more often than succeed when it was first introduced and Dragon's Stand required a full map of people in organised groups, all knowing their roles for each phase of the event (which means it also took practice to learn what those are).

Now all of those succeed fairly regularly even if there's new people who don't know what to do and may not have ideal builds, because enough players have learned how to do it that it doesn't require full squads.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

Sigh, can't believe I took time off work so I could repeatedly spend an hour in the map just to fail this trash meta. Lesson learned I suppose.
I started playing post PoF btw, so I thought they would have learned by now what kind of plebs do open world content. People literally don't even listen to what the commander is saying - it's frustrating.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Friday.7864 said:

OPEN WORLD SHOULD BE DESIGNED WITH CASUALS IN MIND! 

Nope...the game need to have harder content in open world. 
The game should have piñata bosses and mechanics based bosses. 

Also the meta is fresh. People will get around in like 1 week more the hands to do it. 

Edited by Alkariel.5670
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, EKAN.4051 said:

I remember Chak meta, back in the days, it was pretty hard and alot of fail temps, so it kinda is...

And Gerent and the event ended being hard nerfed in the end...

Havent reached the last map yet, but if it is anywhere as close as Tangled Depths pre-nerf levels of dificulty I aint even gonna bother with it...its laughable that some people think that forcing people to get Raid level of organization in a open world map is even resonable, as usual gamers and their egos lol

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The level of entitlement from a lot of the gw2 community is just astounding.  The participation trophy generation is ruining video games.  You all see these metas and stuff as work. Why? It's a video game. It's supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun don't do it, but some of us actually enjoy challenging content. The world doesn't revolve around you. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 22

55 minutes ago, Alkariel.5670 said:

Nope...the game need to have harder content in open world. 
The game should have piñata bosses and mechanics based bosses. 

Also the meta is fresh. People will get around in like 1 week more the hands to do it. 

No, open world is for casuals. You don't get to pick your team, nor does it have quick retry.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The level of entitlement from a lot of the gw2 community is just astounding.  The participation trophy generation is ruining video games.  You all see these metas and stuff as work. Why? It's a video game. It's supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun don't do it, but some of us actually enjoy challenging content. The world doesn't revolve around you. 

Again do you even get it?

Open meta=no team picking, it doesn't matter you are good or not, but the luck you got decide can you do it or not. It doesn't have quick retry as well.

IF you want something challenge, go get raid.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Again do you even get it?

Open meta=no team picking, it doesn't matter you are good or not, but the luck you got decide can you do it or not. It doesn't have quick retry as well.

IF you want something challenge, go get raid.

Why do you think that those of us who enjoy challenging open world don't deserve ONE meta that is challenging in the whole game?  Stop being selfish. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 1

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

Why do you think that those of us who enjoy challenging open world don't deserve ONE meta that is challenging in the whole game?  Stop being selfish. 

Because its format doesn't support it being hard. Timer/Retry and team organization doesn't fit it at all.

MMO pick instance for hard group content for a reason, get it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Because its format doesn't support it being hard. Timer/Retry and team organization doesn't fit it at all.

MMO pick instance for hard group content for a reason, get it.

I played MMOs back when the entire games were open world with no instances. You really need some perspective. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 3
  • Confused 12