Why do you expect so much from people in Dragon's End meta?!?! [Merged]

5 hours ago, artcreator.4859 said:

It’s been 2 days. Let people learn the mechanics and get used to the boss. There’s so much content just do something else. Don’t lose your kitten because one part of the massive xpac isn’t working for you

What mechanics? Not standing in the green circle and killing yourself at the right moment to skip a phase? If people fail your meta event even when putting in effort 11 times in a row, do you think maybe there's something wrong with the event rather than the legion of people trying to play it?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Notaheal.9841 said:

5 extra minutes can make this whole event actually enjoyable and not a complete chore.

I think it could be like, if you get the green circle phase done, the boss will take large extra damage for a while.

And everytime you kill the tail, the boss loses X% hp.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 7:14 PM, Pyriel.4370 said:

Had a full map, ok coordination etc. Got bodied.

Overall Meta Feedback:
 - Great epic feel
 - great map coverage.
- overtuned in many areas.

Pre-boss metas:
Mid Path just feels pointless. Other two paths usually need help as they have way more bosses to deal with.
Bosses take a little too long considering they aren't the main meta boss.
Rubble and other area breakables do take a while with siege turtles, this likely adds to the length unecessarily.

Main Boss:

Really epic but personally feels rather overtuned due to the following:

Lots of insta-death moves with large areas. Spent most time rezzing people. There isn't a huge break inbetween death traps also meaning that you also find yourself spending most time moving about rather than attacking.

Boss just does not take THAT much damage, especially considering when having to move out of the way for the above insta-death attacks. Seems to have a huge health pool similar to Teq but without the burn phases, or if there are, feels like too many mechanics going on at once to really "capitalise".

During the crystal phase there are far too many vets and elites that its hard for any to be truly dealt with before next phase when half of your map are in crystals or whisping away. This phase is also long, making you just watch your timer disappear while seeing 30ish vets and elites just soak up all the dps you throw at them while carrying through to the next phase to cause even more issues. Perhaps if the tidal wave at the end of the phase despawned them also? Or just reduce the amount of vets and elites.

Whirlpool CC breakbars....just not worth it. Hit with all my traps, GS, spear pull, scepter immob and it dented it by the smallest amount. Throw in about 6-7 of these while boss is still doing it's stuff? Not going to happen.

If I were to redesign the Meta:

• Mid lane has to re-secure the five pylons and keep them safe until the other two lanes complete.
  • Defeating the tail will deal its full Health pool of damage to the boss on top of temporarily breaking her defense.
  • Crystal phase ends in 90 seconds or if all wisps return to their body. Wisps that fail to return in time will be defeated immediately. Succeeding "stuns" boss for several seconds.
  • Defeating adds during crystal phase deals small amounts of damage to the boss. Higher ranks deal more damage. Defeating adds outside crystal phase will also deal damage to boss, but in reduced amounts.
  • Vets and elites have less health.
  • Bubbles and whirlpools can damage their prisons from within through skill bar minigames.
  • Defeated players are instantly teleported to the ship and are "unconscious" for a few seconds.

Just a few ideas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John.8507 said:

At least do not change the difficulty until everyone has had a chance to play it. 

So far can't even defend the village from Looters as no one is there

I actually second this. Keep dragon wongburger as is but just give players more time to put them down. It would still be hard but it's not raid levels of ridiculous.

• Confused 2

18 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The level of entitlement from a lot of the gw2 community is just astounding.  The participation trophy generation is ruining video games.  You all see these metas and stuff as work. Why? It's a video game. It's supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun don't do it, but some of us actually enjoy challenging content. The world doesn't revolve around you. 

The problem is exactly what you said. People do open world because the DONT do well with the hard stuff and want to have fun. Open world ISNT FOR challenging content. its for FUN content. RAIDS and FRACS and STRIKES are for Challenging content. not EVERYTHING has to be super hard. Sorry, but the reality is, the world doesnt revolve around YOU. Its okay that people have content EVERYONE can enjoy too. Sorry Meta needs nerfed. end of story. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

On 3/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, Friday.7864 said:

-Edit, removing HS comment-

I prefer by far some challenging open world content instead of boring one. People will learn, give them time, it's only day 2 like, wth... 

Edited by Aznarb.6347
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

1 minute ago, Aznarb.6347 said:

Ok, I'm sick of this so listen here : 
I'm a casual and I can solo every champ, leg, many meta, dungeon and fractal.
I know my class, my skill and all game mechanics.
Casual doesn't mean we are bad, it mean we've have less time to play.
For god sake casual =/= bad player.

Stop insulting us.

The word casual has the following meanings: 
- Not showing effort
- Characterized by a feeling of irresponsibility
- Appropriate for ordinary or routine occasions
- Marked by blithe unconcern
- Without or seeming to be without plan or method

You are not a casual, you just don't have much time to play.
Casuals are ppl who randomly show up and do 2-5k dps at best.
Check in with a dictionary next time before you explode.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Friday.7864 said:

- Not showing effort

Maybe it has change since dunno, I'm not a young gamer.
When I was playing good old Lineage 2 (ufff time pass so fast..) the term casual was used for player with low time, not related to bad gamer. Bad gamer was "noob" and new-commer was "newbie".
So, yeah, with time maybe those term have evolved. 
I'll just remove this part of my comment then, sorry for that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Aznarb.6347 said:

Maybe it has change since dunno, I'm not a young gamer.
When I was playing good old Lineage 2 (ufff time pass so fast..) the term casual was used for player with low time, not related to bad gamer. Bad gamer was "noob" and new-commer was "newbie".
So, yeah, with time maybe those term have evolved. 
I'll just remove this part of my comment then, sorry for that.

No, you had the right definition of casual gamer. I have no idea what they use it for in this game... 

I am a casual gamer. I do not play a lot, and when I play - I play for fun. "Winning" is not important, fun is. I do not have a lot of time that I care to invest in gaming.  Most games are being geared towards casual gamers because there are more of us.  😎

• Like 1

The thing I will agree in this thread is changing the way wisp works on the last map.

Wisp is a time sink that punishes you if you get trolls staling on purpose. Either rework it in a way that if the player fail this mechanic you get some debuff or if it suceed you gain some buffs or remove it. As of right now it is just wait and prey while the timer keeps ticking and the boss is immune to damage. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Why do you think that those of us who enjoy challenging open world don't deserve ONE meta that is challenging in the whole game?  Stop being selfish. 

Oh, by all means! Have a harder meta and enjoy! 

But then they mustn't lock anything central to the expansion behind it. Because then it's not about the meta existing but forcing everyone to participate. At the moment, your argument is that ANet should hold everyone hostage to play exactly what you enjoy in the way you enjoy it. Not sure how that makes everyone else selfish. 

17 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

No one said the turtle would be handed out like candy. If you want it, earn it.

No one said it'd be essentially impossible to get for weeks either.

I want it. I work for it. Want the arcdps logs? No knockdowns, no downing due to anything other than wisp skip and 30k average dps. 

I spent 18 hours with literally 0 rewards on it so far. Even had a run organized in groups with ~90% uptime of all boons, perfect splitting, perfect wisp phases, everything! We were at 60% HP after 5 minutes. 20% at over 4 minutes. Excellent coordination, good dps overall. And still failed at 5%.

If you got it, you're lucky. Literally just lucky. It's got nothing to do with earning. It's just locked behind bs that's essentially impossible to overcome for at least a few weeks.

I even agree that it probably shouldn't be nerfed too hastily. It might level out as a decent meta. But having the turtle behind something they expect to be impossible for the average player for weeks is not ok. 

1 hour ago, Friday.7864 said:

- Not showing effort

Where the heck did you dig up those definitions? 

The standard google definition is just "relaxed and unconcerned". Which fits pretty good. 

You're just redefining the word to... what? Be an insult? lol

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

The expansion has been released barely 2 days ago. Are you expecting people to know everything in barely 48 hours ? 

In past game updates there were always a lot of  players who want to play this kind of meta events content first to figure it out before there are guides and such (some rush, some play other content later). Usually, in the first 1-2 days such a meta event fails a lot and then the success rate increases a lot because the players that focus on this type of content gain the experience/knowledge that is required to succeed.

And then, usually, after a few more days later, probably at the next weekend, the event will see a big influx of players that never played that meta before and the failure rate will rise again for a few days or so. I have seen this pattern a lot in the past in GW2.

So, my guess is: If the success rate of this map meta event is not at least 50% before the next weekend, it will be changed/fixed/nerved.

• Sad 2

While I still say it doesnt need to be nerfed, I have decided that the wisp mechanic needs to be either removed or replaced. It is just too easy for one person to grief an entire map, which shouldnt be a thing in any open world fight.  I have a feeling a lot more groups would have it done if not for that single piece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/2/2022 at 4:13 PM, Felipe.1807 said:

And Gerent and the event ended being hard nerfed in the end...

Havent reached the last map yet, but if it is anywhere as close as Tangled Depths pre-nerf levels of dificulty I aint even gonna bother with it...its laughable that some people think that forcing people to get Raid level of organization in a open world map is even resonable, as usual gamers and their egos lol

It's a DPS check, and yeah you have to be awake while doing it.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Blaeys.3102 said:

While I still say it doesnt need to be nerfed, I have decided that the wisp mechanic needs to be either removed or replaced. It is just too easy for one person to grief an entire map, which shouldnt be a thing in any open world fight.  I have a feeling a lot more groups would have it done if not for that single piece.

They could make it as a strike mission with more fancy lewt.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Erise.5614 said:

Oh, by all means! Have a harder meta and enjoy! 

But then they mustn't lock anything central to the expansion behind it. Because then it's not about the meta existing but forcing everyone to participate. At the moment, your argument is that ANet should hold everyone hostage to play exactly what you enjoy in the way you enjoy it. Not sure how that makes everyone else selfish. 

No one said it'd be essentially impossible to get for weeks either.

I want it. I work for it. Want the arcdps logs? No knockdowns, no downing due to anything other than wisp skip and 30k average dps. 

I spent 18 hours with literally 0 rewards on it so far. Even had a run organized in groups with ~90% uptime of all boons, perfect splitting, perfect wisp phases, everything! We were at 60% HP after 5 minutes. 20% at over 4 minutes. Excellent coordination, good dps overall. And still failed at 5%.

If you got it, you're lucky. Literally just lucky. It's got nothing to do with earning. It's just locked behind bs that's essentially impossible to overcome for at least a few weeks.

I even agree that it probably shouldn't be nerfed too hastily. It might level out as a decent meta. But having the turtle behind something they expect to be impossible for the average player for weeks is not ok. 

Where the heck did you dig up those definitions? 

The standard google definition is just "relaxed and unconcerned". Which fits pretty good. 

You're just redefining the word to... what? Be an insult? lol

Did the meta with 4 minutes to spare in a pug last night. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Let me guess you got in with a hardcore raider or high profile twitch streamer? That seems to be the trend for anyone with a turtle.  For the rest of the 99% player base we are stuck until fixed.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Oh hero of the masses! Commander of our heart who is so wise and brilliant!

Share thy wisdom! However did you accomplish such a feat!?

Let me guess. Middle of the night when it's primarily people with no jobs and no responsibilities online. Deliberately joining a certain guild or streamer, etc.

The meta fails. All the time, all day. I'd actually love for ANet to release numbers. They won't because it's gonna show like 0.X% clear  rate which would deter people from playing. But good lord. I do remember why I avoid raids and harder content as much as possible. The hardcore community is truly insufferable. 

Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't see LI, UFE or turtle mount requirements on DE / Strikes yet. Only a matter of hours I'd guess though.

Edit: There we go!

Edited by Erise.5614
Added screenshots
  • Like 11
  • Confused 2

Mastery capped at 435, ZERO spirit shards until can unlock and finish turtle which do not see happening for weeks unless anet responds and fixes the meta, agree with above late night pro streamer group or bust.  The fail rate has to be least 95% if not 99%.  Anet must notice.

• Like 5