Why do you expect so much from people in Dragon's End meta?!?! [Merged]

The locking of the turtle mount behind the meta is making me seriously consider to stop playing the game.  Individual progression should never be locked behind something that requires 100 other people to be decent players (because most, are not).

Its literally killing this expansion for me.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Someone who got 30 raiders into the same map made it.
Every other map fails. 
I literally promised 200g if someone takes the effort to explain stuff on map and if as a result we manage to complete meta. We didn't even get to 3-way split phase. Comm really did his best. I sent some gold as a ty for the effort. 
It is frustrating...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The level of entitlement from a lot of the gw2 community is just astounding.  The participation trophy generation is ruining video games.  You all see these metas and stuff as work. Why? It's a video game. It's supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun don't do it, but some of us actually enjoy challenging content. The world doesn't revolve around you. 

"If you aren't having fun, don't do it." Pretty sure that would lead to the death of many games, including GW2 if people didn't bother when something made them frustrated. It's just a poor excuse anyways, the Turtle mount was one of the selling points of EoD and people want it.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

"If you aren't having fun, don't do it." Pretty sure that would lead to the death of many games, including GW2 if people didn't bother when something made them frustrated. It's just a poor excuse anyways, the Turtle mount was one of the selling points of EoD and people want it.

The correct way to correct this meta, is change mechanics to turtle make a difference on final boss(theres Npc's  that lend turtle on map,).

Because, ppl aren't stuck on "siege part", is just boss have above average hp.

Also another "catch-22" of that meta, is ending requiring meta-only specs, when ppl are playing experiment new specs(another selling point of xpac), so they kill their selling when i have to swap to "bannerslave" to get optimal DPS.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

No one said the turtle would be handed out like candy. If you want it, earn it.

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

No one said the turtle would be handed out like candy. If you want it, earn it.

Been trying for 2 days, it no work 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Someone forgot to teach people how to dps before letting them into the final map

• Like 3

The expansion has been out for going on 3 days.  I am sure many players like me are still in story mode and are not gonna even play the meta until they finish story.

Other peoples posts about how long it took to LEARN the previous metas upon their introductions should be noted.

The older metas in this game have been run by a large portion of the player base so many times they have it down to a science and actually make running those metas easy.  This will happen to the new meta as well.  It will take a little time.

That turtle will be there waiting for you, me and everyone to learn the meta.  It is not going anywhere.

EDIT:  Please, Please, Please do what the commander for your group in the meta is telling you.  If you don't do what they are asking then you are helping the meta to fail.

To the person who tagged this post with confused, do everyone a favor and stay out of the meta.  If you cannot understand my post then you are well under qualified to learn the meta.

Edited by Sticky.2653
EDIT
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

I haven't done this thing yet, but I keep reading about it.  GW2 should embrace more of this.  Instanced content was a mistake and a bastardization to the identity of this game.  In the wake, we have the "pros" who sit in instances and actually get good, while the plebs sit in status quo-land getting more indolent.  We need more legitimately difficult open-world content.  

People can and WILL learn if you put them in a position of forced progression.  If people want their turtle, if they want their gear, or whatever, they will learn and communicate if you put something difficult in their path.  It's literally how I went from being a keyboard turner to a world first raider in WoW.  I rose that way out of necessity that evolved into pursuit of excellence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Sticky.2653 said:

The expansion has been out for going on 3 days.  I am sure many players like me are still in story mode and are not gonna even play the meta until they finish story.

Other peoples posts about how long it took to LEARN the previous metas upon their introductions should be noted.

The older metas in this game have been run by a large portion of the player base so many times they have it down to a science and actually make running those metas easy.  This will happen to the new meta as well.  It will take a little time.

That turtle will be there waiting for you, me and everyone to learn the meta.  It is not going anywhere.

EDIT:  Please, Please, Please do what the commander for your group in the meta is telling you.  If you don't do what they are asking then you are helping the meta to fail.

And how are you going to make sure ppl in your map learn it?

The older metas also got toned down for difficulty as well. TD is the example.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Borked.6824 said:

I haven't done this thing yet, but I keep reading about it.  GW2 should embrace more of this.  Instanced content was a mistake and a bastardization to the identity of this game.  In the wake, we have the "pros" who sit in instances and actually get good, while the plebs sit in status quo-land getting more indolent.  We need more legitimately difficult open-world content.  

People can and WILL learn if you put them in a position of forced progression.  If people want their turtle, if they want their gear, or whatever, they will learn and communicate if you put something difficult in their path.  It's literally how I went from being a keyboard turner to a world first raider in WoW.  I rose that way out of necessity that evolved into pursuit of excellence.

Instanced content is the one for difficult stuff because you can pick your team and keep trying instead of getting into map to group with ppl you don't even know.

How will ppl learn it? How are you going to make sure ppl on your map have any idea of what they are doing? Can you kick them out if they afk? NO.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

You still fail to get it, it doesn't matter how good I am, I need a map to be filled with all good ppl and it's not decided by my skill, only luck. Do you get it now?

This reminds me of Asmongold playing WoW yesterday trying the new raid...the dude rage quitted after 2° boss, cause  no matter what, he couldnt find enough Alliance players to play with him that were also good and had gear to do the content...people like that are just completelly clueless, I cant control other players to do the things they are supposed to do, dont force content that requires high organization in a open map were its pure chaos, people have stuff to do in life, I wont bang my head against a wall for hours just to get a fail and then have to wait for another hour so I can try again and probably fail again, thats not fun, theres countless games right now begging for people attention, player frustration will only lead to say "kitten it, this is a waste of my time and its not fun" and go do something else, which leads to less players that leads to dead content...like, we been here before, but this players keep blowing their egos as if was something great that they were able to beat the content cause they got lucky by entering in the ultra try hard instance and got carried and beated the boss.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Instanced content is the one for difficult stuff because you can pick your team and keep trying instead of getting into map to group with ppl you don't even know.

How will ppl learn it? How are you going to make sure ppl on your map have any idea of what they are doing? Can you kick them out if they afk? NO.

That's what I'm getting at.  This is an exercise in tempering hotheads from just auto-kicking baddies and getting to the goal together, because there's no other option.  I've been that person before; the triage "mentor", and it's actually pretty rewarding.  Yes, I'm aware this is mostly theory and subject to all kinds of other constraints.  But putting people in silos is not healthy for anybody's enjoyment.

• Confused 3

OMG this stupid dragon literally does nothing at times. 

Not phasing, not moving, you can't DPS it, you just look at it and waste time!

Proper squad setup with subgroups and all, you could even notice the extra DPS in preevents - still a fail and a full map of frustrated ppl.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

This reminds me of Asmongold playing WoW yesterday trying the new raid...the dude rage quitted after 2° boss, cause  no matter what, he couldnt find enough Alliance players to play with him that were also good and had gear to do the content...people like that are just completelly clueless, I cant control other players to do the things they are supposed to do, dont force content that requires high organization in a open map were its pure chaos, people have stuff to do in life, I wont bang my head against a wall for hours just to get a fail and then have to wait for another hour so I can try again and probably fail again, thats not fun, theres countless games right now begging for people attention, player frustration will only lead to say "kitten it, this is a waste of my time and its not fun" and go do something else, which leads to less players that leads to dead content...like, we been here before, but this players keep blowing their egos as if was something great that they were able to beat the content cause they got lucky by entering in the ultra try hard instance and got carried and beated the boss.

Yes, and raid at least allow you to pick the team or kick them out if they don't perform well.

• Like 2

Either the meta is nerfed or we are buffed, even reverting the last patch will go towards helping that. If not that it needs to be changed regardless. 

This meta is almost Dead on arrival. After awhile, if they don't nerf it, no one will be on this map anymore. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Felipe.1807 said:

On the other games remark, extremely true in this case. Started another extensively modded Skyrim run and its great fun from start to whenever I decide to finish. Or log into gw2, do a meta for 2 hours that fails and gain nothing and wonder "why am I doing this". 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Borked.6824 said:

That's what I'm getting at.  This is an exercise in tempering hotheads from just auto-kicking baddies and getting to the goal together, because there's no other option.  I've been that person before; the triage "mentor", and it's actually pretty rewarding.  Yes, I'm aware this is mostly theory and subject to all kinds of other constraints.  But putting people in silos is not healthy for anybody's enjoyment.

We have no option, you don't get to pick your team in open map, so it's never good to set a very hard meta.

I just got it done with secs left and got my dagger collection, and I still think this isn't how a open world meta should be. I'm never gonna touch it again until it's nerfed.

Edited by Slowpokeking.8720
  • Like 5

end of dragons more like end of players enjoyment of the expansion once you get to this map.

idk what made them think locking the final mastery track and the shiny new mount advertised on the front of the website for this expansion behind a meta with a 99% failure rate that takes two hours each try would make most players happy. esp when the rest of the expansion is mostly smooth sailing and fun till here then a sudden abrupt end to your progress. being told you have to wait weeks for players to either get gud or for anet to patch it for me to be able to keep progressing in the expansion just makes me feel like playing a different game honestly.

Edited by lain.3148
  • Like 13

The expansion has been released barely 2 days ago. Are you expecting people to know everything in barely 48 hours ? 

And this is not the first time Anet locks a collection behind a meta event. A lots of stuff are locked behind the meta event and so far pretty much no one complains about it. Hell we've had achievement locked behind "finish X meta event" during the return to dragons achievement series and did anyone complain about that ? no. Do you see anyone complain about stuff locked behind Dragonstand meta event ? no.

And to be fair, if you reached the 2 last map, it means you pretty much rush at this point. I know it because I more or less rushed the story myself. Not everyone is doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

Just to throw my two cents on this:

it would be fine if random people could be expected to be able to follow simple instructions, therefore sucess chance will remain the same as random mobs dropping precursers on starter maps and that is a huge problem.

Few possible solutions i can think of would be either:

a double the boss timer

b make it so damanging misses sushi’s tail deals damange to its overall health pool.

c remove the ghost/return to body phase or make it so we can still damange misses sushi during it

d combination of 2 or 3 of the above (id prefer b + c)

ps i know boss aint technically called misses sushi, but no one remembers her name, only that it sounds like ”sushi” therefore that shall be her refered name from now on.

Edited by NIHILUS.4168
Articulations an ongoing process.