Upcoming Changes to "The Battle For The Jade Sea"

1 hour ago, John.8507 said:

Tried 6 times, and all 6 failed. Not sure what goes wrong as each fight is different. 

The mechanics are fine,and everyone should know what CC is and  what skills use it, there are the training sessions in area 1 to help. The bigger attacks are mostly easy to dodge and get out off.

Though confused about the crystal phase, seems impossible to stay alive when your in the crystals, though it says they are they to protect you? 

Mostly it seems you run out of time. The fight is very random with something happening in a different way  each time it seems. 

Make guys with siege turtles run around and nuke the guys that drop crystals

19 minutes ago, eyelogix.1654 said:

and 250 Li. Teapot is just gatekeeping other players to get his win which is quite sad.

And then promoting said gatekeeping. Like how dare Casual players play the MMO that has been Casual friendly for nine years before EoD came out and promoted a Turtle that no one had any idea was actually a raid exclusive mount that requires LI or the mount itself to be in groups that have the potential to be successful if they get good RNG. 

This entire fight should have been a strike, or had no timer. Then RNG wouldn't matter as only the people who actually want to do it would be doing it, and then of course you should have gained your turtle before then. If we got the Turtle at the end of the story the meta would have been dead on release. No one would be doing this meta. In a month time EoD will be a dead expansion if Anet doesn't change anything. So much for bringing people to the game. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I logged into the game a bit ago, had left my character on DE map, the thing said it started in 17 mins.  No coms on map, only 2 metas on LFG, felt no desire to join and attempt #13.  Watched the vid above thinking ok now I am going to learn what is going wrong and get this!  Spent a half hour watching the vid, somehow felt less like trying after seeing it and logged out of the game.  I feel so filled with regret for buying expansion packs for all my accounts.  I don't care about the March sales at this point.  My enthusiasm has completely tanked right now.  I know it will come back eventually.  But now my biggest urge is to find another game to waste my time with and that is sad.  I am usually loyal to the game I am playing until they do something so bad I want to leave, and I usually don't return when that happens.  I'm usually pretty upbeat and take most things in a game in stride.  I don't want to down the game but come on this is nuts.  I have proper gear, I learn mechs fast, but I just don't see how this is doable in open world, and I am weary of trying.  This expansion started out so good with lovely maps and a decent storyline only to end this way.  For those of you still trying, good luck...I sincerely hope you can beat it and get your turtles.

Edited by Minjin.8259
  • Like 10

I've only done the meta about 3-4 times, failed each time. But each time it was 20%, so the maps were decent at least. There's just way to many phases.

This meta CAN be fun I guess, if Son-Woo didn't constantly move around her arena, the tail actually affected her main HP kind of like how Mordremoths body does during his fight.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

And then promoting said gatekeeping. Like how dare Casual players play the MMO that has been Casual friendly for nine years before EoD came out and promoted a Turtle that no one had any idea was actually a raid exclusive mount that requires LI or the mount itself to be in groups that have the potential to be successful if they get good RNG. 

This entire fight should have been a strike, or had no timer. Then RNG wouldn't matter as only the people who actually want to do it would be doing it, and then of course you should have gained your turtle before then. If we got the Turtle at the end of the story the meta would have been dead on release. No one would be doing this meta. In a month time EoD will be a dead expansion if Anet doesn't change anything. So much for bringing people to the game. 

Or at the very least have the timer pause when she's changing sides. And if that somehow throws off the event timer it just goes to show she's changing too often and there needs to be either a cooldown on it or she only changes sides X times per fight.

And agreed. The meta and response to criticism by saying it's what they want gives me a lot of "Pride and Accomplishment" vibes and what happens when an extrovert decides an introvert "just needs to come out of their shell". Raids should stay raids and a lot of people are fine not raiding or doing raid-like content and don't need strangers telling them to do it because it will "make them feel good."

As it is, Soo-Wan now elicits an anger in me and the reveal and her story has been ruined by this meta and how Anet has dug in their heels on it. Even if they change the difficulty eventually, they still pulled "git gud" and went silent over a weekend knowing full well people weren't just not having fun but it was creating strife and toxicity and people were getting refunds.

And, of course, hyping up the siege turtle more than they usually hype anything (and putting out advanced merch) only to have it be locked behind a meta they know few people are able to complete.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I've done this trash so many times and wasted so many hours, at this point I absolutely detest it. I'm at about 15 tries and have never seen a battle look anything like the videos where people won. I am 1000% convinced that anybody who has beat her at this point has simply won the RNG lottery.

I would truly not be disappointed or feel like I cheated if I was just gifted the achievement and the rewards after the amount of time and effort I have put in.

Edited by Aleckohol.4739
  • Like 15

49 minutes ago, Aleckohol.4739 said:

I've done this trash so many times and wasted so many hours, at this point I absolutely detest it. I'm at about 15 tries and have never seen a battle look anything like the videos where people won. I am 1000% convinced that anybody who has beat her at this point has simply won the RNG lottery.

I would truly not be disappointed or feel like I cheated if I was just gifted the achievement and the rewards after the amount of time and effort I have put in.

That's what it is at this point, the RNG lottery.

I am pretty good, I do a lot of dps and use a beserker condo build with full vipers ascended gear and legendary weapons. But I can't depend on casuals, nor do I expect them to be as good when I have put so much time in over the years.

This meta is so demoralizing, I have logged in 3 times today, but just went to DE and decided to log out. Just can't be bothered at this point.

• Like 11

Looking forward to the alternate path of acquiring the siege turtle for sure. We've only tried 4 times and failed each time. I understand new metas especially when adding mechanics can be difficult. But the fun is lost and the siege turtle is not worth it. It's really a buzz kill on top of other buzz kills ( I actually liked the Dragon story and didn't want it to end, so many other possibilities. But I get it.).

Maybe have  an achievement for saving the hatchery a few times during the meta or even between. Or have a random VOID legendary spawn at the hatchery if players helped save the baby siege turtles that allows acquisition (or the start of the collection). I thought we acquired it from DOING the hatchery event? Did that change? "Simpler to get, a lot faster" ~ Nick Hernandez doesn't seem to be what's happening. With Skyscale, Griffon & Roller Beetle We played story completed some tasks and unlocked achievements then went about the collections. They were collectively easier than Siege Turtle thus far in my opinion. I'd rather do 2 Skyscale or 2 Griffon worth requirements to unlock the collection of the siege than keep keyboard mashing, die, WP, repeat with nothing......no thing to show.

But I like the fishing so far THANKS for that!

Edited by Seth Moonshadow.2710
  • Like 5

On 3/5/2022 at 3:24 PM, Labjax.2465 said:

I have seen two repeating issues shared in this thread: People being mislead about the mount (told it would be easier to obtain) and being destroyed by the whims of RNG when doing the meta. Neither of these qualify as "over/undertuned" issues with the release of something new. The first one is a straight up communication problem, if not a lie, and the second is poor design choice. Both of those problems were easily avoidable. This is not high expectations. People paid for a product.

Yeah we all paid for the same thing, but you all wanna act like the sky is falling down and that the issues won't get fixed. I will repeat, it has been LESS THAN A WEEK since launch day, there are bound to be numerous issues and honestly this release has gone way better already than the last 2 expansions (both had massive server issues, and did you all forget how ridiculous chak gerent was at HoT launch?)

They will address the issues. Either have a smidge of patience or uninstall the game, doesn't affect me either way.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 11

9 minutes ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Yeah we all paid for the same thing, but you all wanna act like the sky is falling down and that the issues won't get fixed. I will repeat, it has been LESS THAN A WEEK since launch day, there are bound to be numerous issues and honestly this release has gone way better already than the last 2 expansions (both had massive server issues, and did you all forget how ridiculous chak gerent was at HoT launch?)

They will address the issues. Either have a smidge of patience or uninstall the game, doesn't affect me either way.

I work in software development for like 20 years now. If my team released such unfinished product, we would have been fired immediately.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On top of other things they can do to make it less random...

I think they could add jump pads to the central platform so that doing the mechanics can be easier at least. I've done the whole switching dance and at time is feel like I am alone for 5-15 second waiting for everyone else to catch up. That is a lot of DPS lost, soo much so, I think is is more lost DPS than missing a break bar (especially since switching is so much more common than break bars), (though I can't do the calculation for that).

Also , the hitboxes should be 'Heart of the Void' mobs instead of the static set piece system, so that people know exactly where and when the hitboxes are hittable. Using the static boss, system then moving it around so much makes it nearly impossible to keep up with. Really the only way people keep up with it is to remember where the invisible hit box is from memory, assuming they can learn where it is in the first place.

Edited by PseudoNewb.5468
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Three attempts today. Eleven total. 

#10 and #11 both failed around 3 or 4%. I'm done. I'm so done. 

I recently came back to the game after a long absence with a new computer and better internet and was really enjoying playing without lag for the first time ever. Achievements that used to be out of reach are now doable. And then...this. 

Not sure if I'll just start working on fishing collections or play another game entirely, but I can't see myself coming back to this meta until it's adjusted. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Right because people leaving WoW in droves has worked out well for them, get a grip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think EOD is a good expansion, with strengths and weaknesses.

For the meta in the Jade Sea and the final battle, 

even with a very well organized group, 

last attempt failed at 6%, you can't just blame the 

lack of knowledge of the mechanics. Again and again I had it 

now in the final fight that e.g. the eating phase comes twice in 

a row and my can not do any damage or the phase with the tail 

comes a few seconds apart. In addition, with a minimum of 2 

hours of effort, the loot is very disappointing, 

you get more out of other metas.

For me personally, 

I will no longer play the meta in the Jade Sea after I have 

successfully managed it at some point.

Edited by Nuramon.2439
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

It's because a lot of players are already exhausted/frustrated/exasperated with the Meta and with everything that's happening in Dragon's End right now. The same people want the Turtle so bad prior to launch but then they experience this. Just empathize with them, expressing frustration is normal after all. And also, you're commenting on this thread that's supposedly a fix for it. Unfortunately, a lot of players find the changes outlined here as still lacking, and that's what's also being voiced out here. Chak Gerent got fixed precisely because of people voicing out their frustration and pointing out what's wrong with it and how it could be fixed.

For me, EOD isn't all bad. I find the maps so beautiful. A lot of stuff are engaging. The new features are cool but can still be improved (please make the Jade bot account wide too). And honestly, I appreciate the hard work that the Anet staff has put into this. But sadly, being burned out from the Jade sea meta really sapped a lot of my enthusiasm for the game. Am I going to demand a refund and leave the game entirely? No, not really. I agree with you: issues will be resolved along the way. But personally, I chose to go on an EOD detox because I don't want to be angry at the game that I've loved for 9 (turning 10) years. Hopefully the glaring issues (especially this meta) will be fixed once I regain my enthusiasm and pick this up again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

Expressed my feelings a lot. 

Now it is a waiting game. I sure hope they do change it. I love this game, but right now... I cannot even bother to log in for my dailies. This meta sucked me dry.

Workweek starts monday, and I will keep a close eye on the forums. Untill I hear from ArenaNet, I won't visit this map or Meta, nor watch videos or twitchers on/about this meta. 

As I said before, as far as I can see, ArenaNet lost sight of the casual and medium players. I doubt they want a meta that the average player simply cannot finish. And that is exactly what we have on our hands right now. 

I do believe that - if there are enough voices for it - an instanced version of this current meta for those top players that love to organize and sink their teeth into would be a solid solution for both worlds. Give the hardcore player an instance without the prep part and extremely hard content... give the casual the open world with prep and much higher chance of succes.

Maybe not make it the ultimate Meta, but make a version as the ultimate 50man raid (Or Strike if you prefer to run it under the current content)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

After having failed at this meta more, I do believe you need to address the RNG. We should not be seeing multiple side switches and tails coming up so fast right after we destroy them. Fix that, and this meta will most likely not have any more issues. The fight isn't difficult when RNG isn't screwing you over, but when it decides to, you probably aren't going to win.

Edited by RyuDragnier.9476
  • Like 3

Pretty sure the fight is challenging enough without some ridiculous time limit. If 10 minutes of the fight are her being invlunerable or evading there's really no point. 

I loved Heart of Thorns and the challenge that came with it, but this is on a new level, and not in a good way. You can shove this meta up your dragonvoid. I'll come back when it's a reasonable difficulty. Given that the maps are pretty barren as well and I hate the fishing mini-game I think Netflix is looking like better entertainment. 

• Like 4