Upcoming Changes to "The Battle For The Jade Sea"

20 minutes ago, Suranis.8279 said:

If you want spirit shards, you can go back to living world or Tyria maps which you have completed the mastery tracks for.

I could, but the message of this is that it would absolutely empty all Canthan maps from events being cleared once everyone has only the locked turtle mastery line to waste points in...

• Like 1

I have to say this... This is just stupid. It is supposed to be a meta event, not a raid... It destroys the basic idea of meta events in this game. I am very disapointed with this design and in my opinion it is hurting the game. Why, just why this event has such a long ramp-up? I have wasted many hours in many squads and still I don't have this turtle. I feel frustrated, sad and I see it as a stupid chore. I really don't want to try again so much that I consider waiting for a nerf from ANET (or even leaving it undone).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Suranis.8279 said:

If you want spirit shards, you can go back to living world or Tyria maps which you have completed the mastery tracks for.

That is such a non solution to the problem people have with it. 

You're basically saying that people should stop playing the new expac, how can you think that is good advice? 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

That is such a non solution to the problem people have with it. 

You're basically saying that people should stop playing the new expac, how can you think that is good advice? 

Its a solution. Not a good one.

You could also convert tomes of knowledge,

• Confused 1

Anet should fix the dragon's end meta if they only add/increase 10min to the timer, so the most players will get a succesfull meta and the problem is solved even if you screwed it up, there is still a chance to succeed the meta and for the most players around here also less frustration of continuesly failing meta after meta and dealing with frustrations and not playing the game neither the meta ever again

Edited by Evelynn.2518
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Suranis.8279 said:

Its a solution. Not a good one.

You could also convert tomes of knowledge,

Its not a solution because the problem is not just that people cant get shards. Its that they feel locked out of the "leveling" experience while doing the new content. Or more precisly, its the not getting what is the problem, not the not having.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Evelynn.2518 said:

Anet should fix the dragon's end meta if they only add/increase 10min to the timer, so the most players will get a succesfull meta and the problem is solved even if you screwed it up, there is still a chance to succeed the meta and for the most players around here also less frustration of continuesly failing meta after meta and dealing with frustrations and not playing the game neither the meta ever again

This i actually disagree with, or more precisly that the solution should be to make the meta unfailable.

Personally i think that making people get rewards and progress to the turtle for partial completion of the boss. Such that failing does not feel so binary for most people.

Just adding a timer would reduce the guildbuilding that will come from this meta, which i think would be a problem.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Its not a solution because the problem is not just that people cant get shards. Its that they feel locked out of the "leveling" experience while doing the new content. Or more precisly, its the not getting what is the problem, not the not having.

Look, if you want to start a fight please do it with someone else. I have already said what I need to to the person involved. He/she does not need you to defend his honour.

• Confused 2

Hi, Anet,

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here, but, i'm starting to not enjoy the game anymore, after wasting another two hours on this meta, that i now am starting to despise.

Afterwards i just lost my interest to play the game in general, and logged out.

Sincerely,

A paying customer.

Edited by Kneitor.9367
Typo
  • Like 12

55 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

This i actually disagree with, or more precisly that the solution should be to make the meta unfailable.

Personally i think that making people get rewards and progress to the turtle for partial completion of the boss. Such that failing does not feel so binary for most people.

Just adding a timer would reduce the guildbuilding that will come from this meta, which i think would be a problem.

I still think the solution is a bronze silver gold reward system.

truthfully though, at this point they do need to put the turtle behind something else. This busted rng mess has taken too much of my and many other’s time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaeys.3102 said:

I still think the solution is a bronze silver gold reward system.

That is compatible with what i said no?

Bronze 80-40 percent, silver 40-0 percent and gold for the kill. Where every medal gives a different amount of some currency to unlock the turtle with.

(some people suggested an RNG unlock on the bronze and silver tier, but in my opinion that would cause more problems then it solves.)

3 minutes ago, Blaeys.3102 said:

truthfully though, at this point they do need to put the turtle behind something else. This busted rng mess has taken too much of my and many other’s time.

The RNG is a problem, but i dont think it is a problem to keep it behind this meta perse if you dont need to win the meta to make progress toward it. 

I dont have a problem with given non-meta ways to get it though.

(My opinion would change if it was a secret mount though, although i am curious how peoples opinion on it would shift in that case)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

First time I’ve ever posted in the forums but after playing this meta a few times with a friend and each one failed, it has left us exhausted and her somewhat frustrated and I feel like I need to say something. 

We enjoyed every single bit of the game so far, the story and maps are great but this meta killed our enthusiasm for it. 

We played this meta twice last night after the latest patch and here’s my experience. The first map, no one wanted to lead it at all, people were just tired of it already. No organized ones in LFG either except one that immediately was gated by a group that you had to be this class with this type of build and the thing that got me? It also said must know what you are doing! Immediately  I am turned off on that. In the 8 years I’ve played, I’ve never seen such a statement for an open world meta. But we ran the meta, and it failed immediately as usual, just not enough players for that. Okay fair enough so we move into a clean map that had 2 commanders trying to go for it. 

second time, it was organized well, the commander split us all into group and assigned us areas. We did exceptionally well with that. And then the fight with soo-won went off without a hitch. We noticed she wasn’t biting and switching as often so we got confident we could actually do this. She hit 30% and then all a sudden rng decides once again that was enough and she started to constantly swap sides, her tail came up the same time as her break bar multiple times and we just couldn’t keep up with it and we failed at the magic 23% as all my other runs so far. immediately after there was a lot of frustration in the chat and the failure being blamed on casuals not paying attention or not putting out enough dps and I just logged off. I couldn’t just sit there and watch people argue over who is at fault.

I'm not saying nerf this boss into oblivion but something needs to change to balance it out because it’s just creating this toxic blame game environment for everyone.

I’m going to keep trying because I do like the fight and I’m stubborn (and I want my turtle) but I definitely won’t be doing this meta again if a successful run happens for me. It is sad because I have enjoyed dragons stand and dragonstorm and thought I would have enjoyed this one more. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

When I used to raid I could spend 2 - 3 hours on it. We'd fail often but each person had their role and most of the time was sitting to talk how we could improve, if we needed more sustain, boons, dps. I would have to switch gear and to different weapons I wasn't used to. We'd learn to work as a team, a specific team. On top of that we could restart the fight right away instead of taking 1.5 hours getting ready. And failing would still give some small reward for the attempt.

Here you are asking that 50 random people get organized when hardly anyone will be playing support in open world. I might go around on my healbrand for fun, even bringing her to dragonstorm just so the cc spam isn't as annoying and I can heal to make the fight faster, but that's me. Most people will be running builds for solo or duo with a friend. You can't roam in pve with minstrels and not take 30 seconds to kill a trash mob that my renegade takes 5. You got templates, yeah, but many people will be running a single one, or even you get tons of the same class and role. If in the end we need the trinity why the rest of the game (besides strikes/raids) never needed it and a bit of organization pushed through it? "Play any class the way you want!". Way too late to force people to learn those mechanics if challenging content was reserved to optional instances.

Oh and for those that say that the turtle is quite useless, even if a small one it's a perk for the rest of the mounts.

Sharing is caring: Learn how to teach the turtle health boost to all your other mounts.

The bot also works as an improvement for other things yet it's unlocked by doing story. Just the items for the t3 exchange are the problem, since they seem to be random drops and after a few attempts I got 0 so far. And they are per char, so it's the only reason I would repeat those metas, so if you wanted a specific module in all of your chars get ready to farm that meta 50 or 100 times lol. Do disappointing the amount of rng this expansion added.

• Like 6

I am going to set something straight, after verifying it on an alt account.

You can get to Dragon's End without doing a single storystep.
You are only blocked from entering Arborstone. However, there is a portal slightly north from the arborstone one, that brings you directly into The Echovald Wilds, directly west from the Petrified Shipping Docks POI and from there on you can travel to Dragon's End.

It is strongly advised to not do this, specially not if you do not have the Jade Bot unlocked yet (for the offensive and defensive buff) but it is entirely possible.

I did it, using my own private Guild Hall to access the maps. 
For ease, I used my main account on 2nd screen to see where I was at. Handy a screenwide "minimap" lol

The only thing you need is ownership of End of Dragons.

And the only warning you get when entering Dragon's End is:

"The Dragon's End map takes you to a place after a point in the story that you have not yet reached. The map events will contain spoilers. Proceed?"

There is NO warning about lacking masteries that might help with the map.
Or as some might argue, are crucial to have for this map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This right here 100% every last word and perspective! Good Job and well said. Also moving forward if it's a box item feature then like EVERY other mmorpg deliver the items to me in in game email the second it launches and let me use the new shinies to play the content you built! OR Start labeling your release "Challenging Content" or "Open World content" releases. So we know which ones to buy and not buy.

Edited by Seth Moonshadow.2710
  • Like 9

Just tried after patch again. We were super organized and still missed the timer by around 2 minutes.

At this point I am just disappointed that i bought the expansion and can't even use the turtle. I don't know.. I have been playing this game on and off for last 10 years almost, have full legendary armor and still can't get this done. Somehow Elden Ring is easier than this. Honestly, wanted to buy some gems to get the storage expansion, but now I won't bother, since you don't respect the money I spent either way. Next time won't pre-order either, since you completely lied about how easy it is to get a turtle.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Peth.5179 said:

Somehow Elden Ring is easier than this.

Because the difficulty here is not the mechanics of the fight for you, the able player. The difficulty is it being a 50 man raid in an open world structure. Can't beat that drum enough. The fight is super easy to figure out but the tuning is way off for the piece of content it actually is. Some really terribly RNG stuff is just the butt chocolate frosting on top.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Peth.5179 said:

Just tried after patch again. We were super organized and still missed the timer by around 2 minutes.

At this point I am just disappointed that i bought the expansion and can't even use the turtle. I don't know.. I have been playing this game on and off for last 10 years almost, have full legendary armor and still can't get this done. Somehow Elden Ring is easier than this. Honestly, wanted to buy some gems to get the storage expansion, but now I won't bother, since you don't respect the money I spent either way. Next time won't pre-order either, since you completely lied about how easy it is to get a turtle.

Yep, you're preaching to the choir now. ANET isn't listening anymore. Their lack of response is deafening. I'm very disappointed in their leaning toward the elites on this. This map will be dead in about a week or so. Only those getting map completion, fishing, resource noding, and the like will be in DE. Not to mention there will be fewer players in GW2 - very sad. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

ROFL just had a fail, where at least 10 of us were doing 22k-36k DPS, all 3 defiance bars melted in seconds and wisps seems to knew what they were doing. End timer wasn't even close.

I don't know who the target consumers for this content were meant to be, but they clearly aren't PUGs, so WTF is it doing in PUG domain.

At split phase: PAUSE THE TIMER.

When newcomers are inevitably frantically reading how to control the wisp (because how else can they learn): PAUSE THE TIMER.

When everyone finally unleashes the almighty power of CC: GTFO WITH THE TAIL and/or INVUL FRAMES.

Currently this all just looks like someone bought GW2 source code on ebay and decided to make an awesomesauce omegalul metaevent, because it disregards so awfuly many grievances that people had had with similar events in the past 10 years, that it may as well have been made by a completely different development team.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

I will try to vent and provide feedback  objectively as I can. I have read other opinions, but today I decided to see for myself. I can't stress this enough: who designed this meta and for which target audience?

I raid (not a pro raider, but I pug most of the time) and raids are far easier than this. 

Anet, what in the name of Glint made you design this piece of content? I did not even try it out for the turtle,

I just wanted to do the meta. I wasted two hours of my life and most importantly I did not pug, I actually joined Hardstuck (who are nice enough to help players out).

You literally created 50 man raid content with awful RNG! That kitten dragon was moving head to tail like it was flipping a coin! We failed at 7%, and it was not the players fault.

You need to go back to the drawing board and figure out this clusterfluck of a meta, you are putting pressure on players to create the perfect squad and subgroups. In what Universe is that normal? And how can this be called open world meta?

I get it, you wanted to create the most epic battle, and instead you threw at it all of the possible mechanics that most likely make no sense when combined together. You threw every thing at it and failed completely. 

You managed yourself to divide your audience in two, and toxicity and hate surfaced like wildfire. I see enough toxicity in raid groups, did not need that cr@p in open world. 

Your options:

1. reduce the length (insert ain't nobody got time for that)
  2. nerf the meta (if you are hardcore player, I don't care, play with your eyes closed, whatever - doubt you are the main source of revenue for Anet. Let's be real over here you are the 5% of the population plus you are referred to in point 4)
  3. don't nerf the meta but fix the Head - Tail limbo over here
  4. Make hardcore instance based meta, well slap all the Raid bosses if needed
  5. improve the rewards and give them a  higher rate of drop: like slap all infusions as possible drops, and increase the drop chance
  6. put the kitten turtle outside of the meta, so people can get the silly turtle that hits like a wet noodle.

The most unfun piece of content I have played in 20 years...that's an achievement. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

at the moment i think the boss-fight itself is quite ok even tho i didn't complete it yet. main reason for this is because the meta is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for such a boss fight. if i were able to do it more often after failure instead of having to wait an hour then another half hour of preparing, then another half hour of waiting, then a pre chain is just plain dreadful.

please for the love of god make this be able to be started whenever and make the preparing phase way shorter the wait before the charge way shorter (few mins instead of 30 mins) and dont make it happen only a few times per day. with current setup most players (if lucky) get 1 attempt per day let alone a succesful one.

so anet please dont pat yourself on the back, while the bossfight itself with the last QoL fixes is fine its the entire design of the meta thats plain horrible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I cleared this event on sunday, and i'll probably try and clear it again for the weekend, and my take on it is:

I'm 100% certain whoever designed this fight had no idea that whoever programmed this fight would make the mechanics completely random.

It's a pretty well designed fight, I figured it out easily after not really playing much gw2 for a couple years (i only finished icebrood saga on 27th lol), but the RNGness of the mechanics means player skill doesn't matter as much as just having some luck with being able to actually damage the boss. Case in point:

47 minutes ago, Jajo.1428 said:

ROFL just had a fail, where at least 10 of us were doing 22k-36k DPS, all 3 defiance bars melted in seconds and wisps seems to knew what they were doing. End timer wasn't even close.

Meanwhile my group on sunday cleared it with 5 minutes to spare, and it was just a random group of instance joiners, we didn't even have to start a LFG. I don't have a dps counter, but i doubt it was this good.

So, if anyone at ANet reads this, there's 2 different ways to fix it

1. Make mechanics follow a precise script rather than just fire off randomly so RNG can't break the DPS check or

2. Make the timer 10 minutes, but stop it any time the dragon can't be hit. Dragon doing dive bombs? Attacking tail? Left the arena? etc. just pause the kitten timer.

I'd prefer 1, since 2 could lead to 30+ minute fights with bad RNG, but they'd both work fine

The saddest joke is, i can hit auric basin or drizzlewood meta and get way more loot for much less time invested lmao

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2