Upcoming Changes to "The Battle For The Jade Sea"

Dragonstorm has been out for almost a year and there are still 10 players shooting brahm from 1200 in every PUG 80 player instance.

Who thought, that introducing 39587 new, previously unexplained and unencountered mechanics will work in a visually extremely hectic and short-on-time PUG encounter, and what have they been playing for the last 10 years? Because it clearly wasn't GW2.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I have noticed something else.  I just now completed my 15th fail run.  The first 10 times I did it everything loaded just fine and I didn't die maybe more than once or twice, less after I knew to dodge the tail, etc.  The last 5 the lag has gotten worse, and I am not sure why.  But people are yelling get inside the crystals and I am thinking well thank goodness I know where those are because they aren't loading until after the fact.  Also I have been getting downed a lot because Soo Wan isn't loading when she switches sides, so now I am not seeing that tail swipe coming and down I go every time.  So I am getting worse because of lag instead of better.  That is frustrating too, and of course people are yelling at you for it.  I understand that but I have cleared my junk by doing regular maintenance on my comp like always and it's not helping.  So why is the lag getting worse for me?  I have the graphics set down for it.  I am not blaming anet or the game or anything for this part, it's just an observation.  But of course it's also adding to my frustration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just cleared the meta with 45 seconds left, thanks to a great commander who out of the goodness of his heart led a bunch of randoms tonight....I must have tried at least 15 times, including 2 fails at the 1-2% hp. NEVER going to do the meta again. Only pushed myself through this since I am a perfectionist. 

By the way Anet, I have spent over $100 on this game. Not going to spend 1 additional cent on this so called "game". 

Edited by tookiemasher.1562
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Zephire.8049 said:

I was really hoping that today of all days, there would be a statement (and maybe hotfix) released ASAP but the disappointment at the continued silence from Anet is now worse than the disappointment at DE. "Over the weekend" implies that on Monday—Tuesday at the latest—there would, at minimum, be a statement about whether they're happy with the metrics or are working on changes. Given what's happening with the community, emergency PR mode should have been activated days ago as silence does nothing to help in this situation and is driving paying customers away.

I thought Anet's communication was finally improving and they had learned how damaging silence from a developer is but evidently not.

I completely agree, all this has done is fracture the player base and created even more divide than ever and prolonging the silence is only making that worse. So tired of this bs lack of communication it's a horrible way to treat your customer base.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Did it again with randoms after the nerf, it failed. I'm not doing it again. I'd prefer doing it with LI gated squads, but that also requires 1 hour of lfg and another one for trying to get into the same instance. Huge effort to prepare 50 man squad and make it in time and in the same instance, not worth the trouble.

I wouldn't want it easier but I want it instanced so we can form our own group and do it whenever we want. Because in the current way it's too much time investment for something 90% fails.

And it's not that rewarding either.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vlad Morbius.1759 said:

Can we get an update on whether the turtle is staying in this mess or what is being done? I mean who launches an ex-pack and then stops communicating?

I think they all went on spring break or something... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, still haven't come close to doing this. Organized maps or not. Been trying the last few days

The sad thing is that every part other than the fight with the Dragon works really well and is quite fun. The actual dragon fight is an RNG laden clusterbleep. I don't think I'll bother doing it again if and when I finally complete it. Thankfully you got the "true ending" achieve even when you fail. :S

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Suranis.8279 said:

Well, still haven't come close to doing this. Organized maps or not. Been trying the last few days

The sad thing is that every part other than the fight with the Dragon works really well and is quite fun. The actual dragon fight is an RNG laden clusterbleep. I don't think I'll bother doing it again if and when I finally complete it. Thankfully you got the "true ending" achieve even when you fail. :S

Um...I have failed 15 times and never gotten true ending achieve?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, lissiandra.1357 said:

you have to make sure the achieve is active on your bar, may require restarting the story chapter. I got it on my first failure (the achieve was active).

Oh, I see....so I have to play through the entire mess on an alt to even get that at a failure?  Yeah that is my last straw.  I am done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Minjin.8259 said:

Oh, I see....so I have to play through the entire mess on an alt to even get that at a failure?  Yeah that is my last straw.  I am done.

Don't be so dramatic. Just restart Act V of the story via the journal and do the meta, you'll gain the achievement easily.

EDIT: And by Act V, I mean restart Extraction Point. You can get the achievement during that.

Edited by RyuDragnier.9476
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Nubilus.9156 said:

Have you perhaps just found the one hidden thing no-one tried?

Has any group ACTUALLY tried the glider skills from LW S3 consistently? Like tested if thats a mechanic that ACTUALLY MATTERS to the DPS for ie. tail?

I have wondered too why Glider skills are available in DE.

Well so far that I've seen only successful runs were with glider damage or raid composition that equals that dps to scratch glider and Anet didn't implement glider skills for no reason when they are unavailable everywhere else except  few parts of game

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RyuDragnier.9476 said:

Don't be so dramatic. Just restart Act V of the story via the journal and do the meta, you'll gain the achievement easily.

EDIT: And by Act V, I mean restart Extraction Point. You can get the achievement during that.

But I have to do it on an alt, an alt that will probably enrage the other players on the map because it's not going to do enough damage.  An alt that will probably contribute to the fail.  Why would I want to do that to myself or other people?  I bought the expansion for 4 accounts, I am going to ask for a refund for the other 3 that haven't started it.  You can call it dramatic if you want.  I call it exhausted, over it and a waste of money.  I am at the point where I don't even want to play any part of the game because of this meta.

Edited by Minjin.8259
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jajo.1428 said:

Dragonstorm has been out for almost a year and there are still 10 players shooting brahm from 1200 in every PUG 80 player instance.

Who thought, that introducing 39587 new, previously unexplained and unencountered mechanics will work in a visually extremely hectic and short-on-time PUG encounter, and what have they been playing for the last 10 years? Because it clearly wasn't GW2.

That's nonsense. The only new mechanic at Soo Won are Greens. The rest are either fundamental game mechanics, which every player should know, or mechanics you should've already learned from the previous three meta events. Call me a kitten, but Teapot sums up quite well why DE fails so often:

People in this thread are trying to find a middle ground which pleases most of the people while also considering that people should know basic game mechanics. In that regard, what should be done is lower the impact RNG has, allow players to have longer burst phases, maybe reduce the amount of CC needed so that a waystation isn't mandatory, increase the soft and hard caps of map population so that it isn't a pain in the kitten to organize a squad, etc. The last few comments in this thread though were something I'd actually call "toxic casualism". The game doesn't have to offer everything on a silver platter. Arena Net should be able to expect that people understand fundamental game mechanics.

• Confused 8

Fixed a bug in which the final boss of the Battle for the Jade Sea meta-event was performing its bite attack more often than intended, including potentially chaining multiple bite sequences in a row.

• Fixed a rare issue in the final encounter of the Battle of the Jade Sea meta-event.

Hopefully it'll help, but seeing it's such a small change I prefer to wait for someone else to be our sacrifice. No mention to the 30 seconds exposed after successful cc directly becoming swoop / invulnerability so I'm skeptical and not willing to waste more hours trying for very small changes everytime until it satisfies their fail ratio for an epic final battle. Thank you anyway.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

That's nonsense. The only new mechanic at Soo Won are Greens. The rest are either fundamental game mechanics, which every player should know, or mechanics you should've already learned from the previous three meta events. Call me a kitten, but Teapot sums up quite well why DE fails so often:

People in this thread are trying to find a middle ground which pleases most of the people while also considering that people should know basic game mechanics. In that regard, what should be done is lower the impact RNG has, allow players to have longer burst phases, maybe reduce the amount of CC needed so that a waystation isn't mandatory, increase the soft and hard caps of map population so that it isn't a pain in the kitten to organize a squad, etc. The last few comments in this thread though were something I'd actually call "toxic casualism". The game doesn't have to offer everything on a silver platter. Arena Net should be able to expect that people understand fundamental game mechanics.

Not when they include a level 80 boost with the purchase of the expansion so that new players can come in, join this meta, have no idea what is going on, get yelled at for not knowing what is going on...and let's just completely forget about our disabled/elderly/young/people with mental health issues/etc players. They don't get turtles, right Anet? Way to be "accepting". 😞 Thanks for the awesome LGBTQ representation in the story...legitimately...but...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, daninumbers.4036 said:

Fixed a bug in which the final boss of the Battle for the Jade Sea meta-event was performing its bite attack more often than intended, including potentially chaining multiple bite sequences in a row.

• Fixed a rare issue in the final encounter of the Battle of the Jade Sea meta-event.

they sound like real bugs, rather than gameplay changes/indirect nerfs

not sure which is the "bite attack", but the most rng concerning and time losing one is switching sides, doesnt sound like bite attack

and "rare issue" is as vague as you can get...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Xero the Dark.8230 said:

Not when they include a level 80 boost with the purchase of the expansion so that new players can come in, join this meta, have no idea what is going on, get yelled at for not knowing what is going on...and let's just completely forget about our disabled/elderly/young/people with mental health issues/etc players. They don't get turtles, right Anet? Way to be "accepting". 😞 Thanks for the awesome LGBTQ representation in the story...legitimately...but...

They can't even enter the map if they haven't at least done the story until Arborstone. On the way, you already have your game tutorial at the "tutorial heart" in Seitung and your first few instanced story boss fights with several mechanics. People aren't inherently "useless", they decide to be that way.

Arena Net also can't please anyone. How do you want to design to also encompass niche audiences? How should that work in real life? Every business needs to have hundreds of toilets for the hundreds of "genders" we currently have? The vast majority of the playerbase consists of able-bodied adult people. That's what Arena Net should consider first and foremost.

If we really go by the definition some people have of "casual", these so-called "casuals" wouldn't only be totally lost in every other MMORPG, they would also be totally lost in real life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

5 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

They can't even enter the map if they haven't at least done the story until Arborstone. On the way, you already have your game tutorial at the "tutorial heart" in Seitung and your first few instanced story boss fights with several mechanics. People aren't inherently "useless", they decide to be that way.

Arena Net also can't please anyone. How do you want to design to also encompass niche audiences? How should that work in real life? Every business needs to have hundreds of toilets for the hundreds of "genders" we currently have? The vast majority of the playerbase consists of able-bodied adult people. That's what Arena Net should consider first and foremost.

If we really go by the definition some people have of "casual", these so-called "casuals" wouldn't only be totally lost in every other MMORPG, they would also be totally lost in real life.

It's literally a PvE open world event...ANYONE should be able to participate and feel they gave contributed. Not just get yelled at for "not being good enough". The real world is a terrible place right now, and when WE need their world to escape THIS is what they do? THIS is how they thank us for our money + time? I wouldn't call myself a casual...but I'm not "Hardcore" either.

I've DONE different varieties of content, have my character built up for max DPS, have full ascended etc etc. I have the Skyscale and even legendaries. I'm not just a "push 1" player...but WHY shouldn't this be accessible for those who are? My point is that ther are LEGITIMATE REASONS some people can't do this. We're not all Dark Souls players...personally I dislike that game series. So...because I like RPGs that I can actually win / feel accomplishment that makes me "useless" in GW2 just because I can't win at this RNG fest of a turtle lottery? It's not even about my personal build/ stats. The barely factor in at all. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

so I counted up out of the 20 odd minutes we have to beat the boss if your extremely unlucky due to a combination of phases (green circles, tails, champions + immunity frame rng) you can lose up 11.6 minutes in battle to not even being able to dps the boss at all, the tail doesn't count to soo won hp, and every time you swap sides after an immunity frame your running this risk of your dps dropping due to boon time, cool down and all that jazz

you could only get under 9 minutes to really dps the boss to zero

Edited by Shogen.5071
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Oh now that the level 80 booster is mentioned I gotta say: these new players not only will be lost in an event beyond their skills but if they haven't bothered, or don't even know about their existence, going to old areas they won't have glider (really needed), any mount as support and the most important, you can't grab an emp from the waystation without the mastery that you need to unlock and train the mastery from IBS. The last area I expect a new player to go is that one, with any living world if they haven't bought them either. Besides probably still be getting used to what a breakbar is they can't contribute with that stronger cc. Not their fault, they are learning, so probably that booster was more harmful than good for everyone if you don't get to experience leveling a character the first time you play. You are attracted by the very new thing that's being advertised instead of doing your personal story first, then all core Tyria, HoT, PoF, with their living world, IBS and just THEN... EoD. I wonder if it had been exclusively veteran players there of any skills it'd have been fine, according to those groups with 100% success rate, briging in their own group to a fresh map.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Xero the Dark.8230 said:

...and let's just completely forget about our disabled/elderly/young/people with mental health issues/etc players.

Unfortunately I can place myself in this category. Physical issues.
To be specific Arthritis in both my hands. Due to this, I did learn how to play around my limitations, and am succesful doing so. 

But I am therefor litterly not capable to get to the top player level. And due to the way this meta is (lengthy and intense) I do have a sense of feeling "locked out" It feels that when this Meta was designed, ArenaNet lost sight of people like me.

And then hearing "git gut" well... I might asume that knowing now what my limits are, you reconsider saying that to me... or anyone for that matter since you cannot know if you hurt them with that remark. 

I do know it hurts me... I carry my weight to the best I can... I do give 100%, I do know mechanics, etc... there is no need for anyone to tell me to "stop complaining and just git gut" 

People that use that, need to look into the mirror and wonder why they enjoy insulting others without knowing anything about their background and potential limits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 15

So they have reduced the bites. What about adding simple non-rng based rotations to the fight? Like: 

"5-10 seconds after you kill the tail that is when the break bar appears" and bam, not even anything else being changed would mean 500% more kills

Kill tail - run back - cc - dps would be a fine rotation

Ya know, give us something instead of just vague "boss is different now" This idea also rewards players for doing mechanics, and if they get too many tails, counter balances it. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2