What's the best way to get research notes?

21 hours ago, Teana.7623 said:

Some food still works, if you're into fishing you can make sushi at chef's station and salvage those with research kits.

I made some mighty bronze axes too since it's just copper and cheat T1 mats 

Where's the sushi recipe? I remember one asking for it on ampchat but nobody knew themselves. Would be great because I'm doing a lot of fishing at the moment for the collections and with ahving the new legendaries in mind. 

6 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

This thread has discussions of what will work

Thanks. 

On 3/7/2022 at 6:14 AM, Cynder.2509 said:

Where's the sushi recipe? I remember one asking for it on ampchat but nobody knew themselves. Would be great because I'm doing a lot of fishing at the moment for the collections and with ahving the new legendaries in mind. 

Thanks. 

It's under 'Feed' no need to unlock as far as i know, just was there

On 3/6/2022 at 1:04 PM, irina.3859 said:

Minor potions and higher work now, but no low level food. 

I salvaged all of my dungeon potions though you only get 1:1 ration but I had multiple stacks saved up from launch. Also, salvaging ascended weapons (that were crafted) gave a bunch. 

Honestly I'm getting confused at why they keep disabling items since I thought the point of the Research Kit was to eat up all the low-value items from the econemy, but it instead feels like they want us to salvage high-value items which are already in a short supply/demand in comparison.

They also could've easily fixed this by giving 1 Research Note per 10 levels of the item, then multiplying all Research Note costs by 4 so a lv40 item would be the same as now, and a lv80 item would give twice as much as they do at the moment. That would be a good compromise, I think.

I don't know, alot of the fixes for this expansion since release have been kind of strange.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 15

15 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Pretty sure it was made because people kept complaining they have nothing to do with ascended items that drop after obtaining legendaries. You're also able to salvage any ascended feasts or exotic crafted weapons/armor so it's also relevant for people upgrading to ascended.

Surely there aren't that many players with legendaries who have ascended items to burn?

3 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Surely there aren't that many players with legendaries who have ascended items to burn?

You get ascended drops quite often in fractals which means any weapon box immediately is salvage fodder if you have any legendaries or ascended already, the raid ones usually salvage into magnetite or gaetling crystals. You are also able to salvage crafted exotics not just ascended.