Are you an owner of turtle mount ?

Are you an owner of turtle mount ?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an owner of turtle mount ?

• Yes (before nerf 15 march)
    • No
    • Yes (after nerf 15 march)

I got first DE win on March 6th.  Finished collections on the 7th.

First win was super close.  Like mere seconds.  Was condi dps this run.  But condi felt much better than my previous attempt with power.   Commanders were really good at discerning when to switch sides, using text calls, etc.

Did another run last night (as heal/boon tempest) on the 10th and honestly not sure on the timer.   Was less than a minute I think. Seemed like considerably less tail time then I'd seen in previous attempts.   Used Discord to listen to Commander.  But not everyone was in there.

Edited by Katreyn.4218
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/10/2022 at 2:45 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I haven't even gotten that far through the expansion yet, I'm still working my way through the Echovald Wilds. I'm a bit disappointed I won't get to see the original version of the DE meta event (if only so I know what everyone is complaining about) but not enough to skip straight to doing it.

Same, only I'm still in New Kaineng.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:45 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I haven't even gotten that far through the expansion yet, I'm still working my way through the Echovald Wilds. I'm a bit disappointed I won't get to see the original version of the DE meta event (if only so I know what everyone is complaining about) but not enough to skip straight to doing it.

The only real nerf is the tail reduction which is not that much of a nerf as actually reducing RNG of the fight. Everything else that made the fight easier were mostly fixes of behavior that was not really intended so you will not see that much of a change after the 15th from the feeling of the original fight. 

9 hours ago, Nate.8146 said:

In my opinion, any game that relies on the use of 3rd party tools such as Discord in order to engage in its content is a design flaw. I would be more lenient if GW2 had built-in voice comms support, but it does not

My kill was  not using discord and it was very smooth. You do not need voice to organize and give the commands to the group. You just need a good commander that knows the fight well. Everything was done in map chat very easily when the person leading was experienced.

Edited by Turin.6921

Not yet, but I don't want Anet to give in to the moaners about the meta yet.

kitten , the xpac has been out less than 2 weeks and people are complaining they don't have everything. Just chill out, you will get it later when you actually join a well-organized run, and then in maybe another week or two, even hastily thrown together pugs will manage.

But stop wanting everything trivialized to mundane kitten. It's an MMO, we got another great event that requires collaboration, don't ruin it and make it yet another "soloable" event you can press 11111111 all the way through. There's enough of those.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

Not yet, but I don't want Anet to give in to the moaners about the meta yet.

kitten , the xpac has been out less than 2 weeks and people are complaining they don't have everything. Just chill out, you will get it later when you actually join a well-organized run, and then in maybe another week or two, even hastily thrown together pugs will manage.

But stop wanting everything trivialized to mundane kitten. It's an MMO, we got another great event that requires collaboration, don't ruin it and make it yet another "soloable" event you can press 11111111 all the way through. There's enough of those.

Problem is the rewards aren't good enough to maintain the map. People are doing it and failing excessively to try and get their turtle (mind you, historically mounts have never before been gated for the average, disorganized open-world player). If either people get their turtle or give up, the map will rapidly lose players leaving only the highly coordinated players to do an unrewarding encounter. If you have the reigns of 50 players and 2-3 hours, there are a lot of other things you could go do that would be far more profitable than Dragon's End.

I don't disagree with the challenge, but it should be a queued thing that these organized groups go for. Private/Public thing like Dragon Storm. It should be worthwhile. It's not unrealistic in this situation for people to have spent 40+ in-game hours and not seen a single victory. In an open-world map, you're at the mercy of other players and encounter RNG, in this case.

The writ change will make the turtle more attainable, certainly, but it will end up being faster to ignore Soo-Won and switch maps to keep doing events that reward writs. 

If you want the challenge, that's great. I also want hard modes. Instead, advocate for it to persist but not in such a way that punishes people for existing. The current state isn't fair to open-world players that are sub-optimally built or skilled. It's not fair to the organized group that has to carry people they don't want to, either.

Refusal to look at the negative effects of the current system is only going to lead to the map's eventual death.

• Like 1

Was doing an achievement (The Fate of House zu Heltzer) and when i was going to the meta map for one step of the achievement, i fall on a map where a sqaud was failed.

See so much of salt/angry people saying that it was the fault of x or x.

It's not an easy meta but these kinds of behaviour can make people to not enjoy group event or even trying to lead event or trying to improve themself.

It's sad to see these kinds of things. Failing sometimes can just make us improve us and it's not a bad thing in my opinion.

I got my turtle the few hours after Anet extended the exposed debuff on both the boss and the leg it spawns. We had a lot of CC which really helped. 

And then the next day I decided to focus on the collection and completed everything. I would say the turtle took me about 12-15 hours to unlock.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:08 AM, Desh.7028 said:

Which is the main design flaw, isn't it? Does that actually work as an actual true open world encounter?

The fight is a simple adds, don't stand in differently shaped orange stuff and a novel wisp jumping phase and that's really it. The tuning simply turns it into a 1v49 and a fight for boons instead of a fight against the dragon.

As requirement for the turtle, maybe. But ironically the instanced 10 man content does not come with the same requirement as the open world part, which is a little backwards. The other group of players is going to get CM soon-ish so there should be no back and forth.

I got my egg last night and this is what the commander did as well. The commander also designated which subgroups when to which sub-boss during those phases. The commander also took great pains to describe ALL the mechanics leading up to the fight including that DPS should stand in the green circles so that they can get the sweet DPS buff when they get back to their bodies. The commander also insisted on condi dps unless someone was really not used to such a build on their class.

Even then there was like 30s on the clock when we finished.

I think  that once people better understand the fight that there will be more successes, but at the same time I think it is not meant to be like Teq or Shatt were anyone can bring any old build and expect to 1 spam it, and honestly I'm glad that is the case. Probably the most fun meta I've played in a LONG time.

The rewards could be better though. Just a bunch of chests like what you open all over the map.

Don't have one now. This has no priority. (Still maximizing other masteries - cause I need to get enough experience points for them. And the mount itself does not seem too interesting.) But I will eventually get one with nerf or without ... does not matter.

Where can I read about this nerf? Heard someone talking ingame but the forums does not mention something about it. (At least not in the pinned threads in the important forums.) But would be nice to not have to do the strike mission. The Dragon's End meta probably will not be a big deal in the long run though.

Edit: And the numbers from GW2efficiency seem high. As someone pointed out (and even showed some of the other numbers): Not everyone owns the expansion. And out of those ... not everyone might have progresst to that point. Or even had the focus on getting the turtle. Could be that just some people have played the meta once to try it out. Then going for other achievements first.

Considering that there are a lot of other older achievements only with small completion percentage (some that are not even that hard ... maybe a lil bit grindy) - that number for people that fully got the turtle (=completed all collection steps) is not too low I guess.

Edit: Wait - found it on some external news site. (They must have more infos or it was info from twitter or post in the middle of a thread that is hard to find here in the forums.) Seems it will be possible to buy the egg for 200 writs - if you can't get it from the meta? (Meta still possible to get it.)

But no news about the strike mission requirement. I guess that one will be the next. Trying it and if I can go into it with mediocre open world build and manage it (giving it 3 tries or so ... hopefully not much wait time to find a casual group) - then no problem Otherwise to keep it in line with the requirements of other mounts (mostly soloable) I'll request the option to to the story mission part (instead of the strike - they are all related to story missions) or to be able to "buy" that step. Should not be a big deal to change this ... and I mean if they change the meta part then it would be wrong to keep the strike (harder for a casual player) as requirement.

Edited by Luthan.5236

got it after 15 attempts. 

1 more succes required to finish off achievements and then I will permantly delete any memory of this map, and will deny it exsistance from that point on.

I hate very single corner of that map by now due to the massive amount of time I spend there to unlock the mount and achievements that required a succesful Meta

Too many copy/paste events
Too much  "get that buff" grinding.
Just too long and meaningless.

Got it today on my 4th attempt. All pugs, first two attempts were close, 3rd not so much and already knew it would fail very early.. but 4th was well coordinated and people now coming to learn how to do it.

It's fun, it should definitely stay this difficult, but please dramatically increase the rewards!